Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

cravius posted:

Its interesting that despite crowing about winning and the irrelevance of goons, they rush to reddit to post anything of ours they kill.

It is. And also surprising it shares the front page with 2-3 other threads about how we are done / circling the drain / are now irrelevant as well as an AMA request to Mittani.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

That Works posted:

It is. And also surprising it shares the front page with 2-3 other threads about how we are done / circling the drain / are now irrelevant as well as an AMA request to Mittani.

reddit is poo poo, big news

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

That Works posted:

an AMA request to Mittani.

Wouldn't that be something.

Puskarich
Nov 26, 2008
Groon & co successfully anchored and lost the first citadel in eve, and have multiple now onlined in Syndicate, the true motherland! The juggernot marches on.

Also I'm glad you're having a good time Videogames! And gj Vyst!

Oh yeah we've more than doubled in size in the last month (about 10x if you're just counting active pilots) and the vast majority are long lost dudes resubbing, not refugees!

Puskarich fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 10, 2016

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

cravius posted:

Its interesting that despite crowing about winning and the irrelevance of goons, they rush to reddit to post anything of ours they kill.

I think they just love kicking the space Nazis in. Everything from Interceptor fleets to citadels is getting posted and everyone is enjoying it. It's been a while since anyone got one over on goons so of course people are going to get excited over the 2bn kill mail.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Puskarich posted:

Groon & co successfully anchored and lost the first citadel in eve, and have multiple now onlined in Syndicate, the true motherland! The juggernot marches on.

Also I'm glad you're having a good time Videogames! And gj Vyst!

What are you guys doing with / how do you like having the Citadels?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Regrettable Drunk posted:

I think they just love kicking the space Nazis in. Everything from Interceptor fleets to citadels is getting posted and everyone is enjoying it. It's been a while since anyone got one over on goons so of course people are going to get excited over the 2bn kill mail.

nice post

Puskarich
Nov 26, 2008

That Works posted:

What are you guys doing with / how do you like having the Citadels?

One is an insta undock from our home station for industry stuff, a couple in stationless systems to keep missioning ships or gatecamp ships or what have you, one in poitot because we have to, one as a midpoint to jita.
I think that's it so far.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This feels extremely dangerous but looks seriously cool :D

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Regrettable Drunk posted:

I think they just love kicking the space Nazis in.

what did ev0ke do now

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

weird how zephyrine and dragonstalking switched places, he posts fairly normally and she's the r/eve front page rss feed

Nothing exciting is happening, whoopdee doo blasted a goon citadel, they're so loving cheap I don't know how they think it's worth 4+ threads, even for Horde.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

what did ev0ke do now

the other day I got to kill an evZEROke POS with my dreadnought, it was ok

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
Based on the number of ships that showed up, I think they used more in fuel and ammo.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

what did ev0ke do now

ignore the 10 post wonder

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

ignore the 10 post wonder
yeah that sounds like me

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

yeah that sounds like me

I wasn't talking about you though

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hosed up

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/UPADTVU.webm

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

VideoGames posted:

This feels extremely dangerous but looks seriously cool :D

only if that is a full snaked pod with that new skin.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

drgnwr1 posted:

only if that is a full snaked pod with that new skin.

What is a snaked pod? And I got this skin for free on the login screen :D

Also:

so beautiful!! :swoon:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
snakes are pirate faction implants that increase your base velocity by a bunch, in The Old Days you could make interceptors do like 20km/s

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
It really seems a bit amazing just how fragile these medium citadels are, why anyone would remotely want to rely on putting anything of value in them is beyond common sense. I really think they are going to need some kind of serious buff to be a realistic option or you're just throwing isk in the void.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
They are better for quality of life over POS with similar defenses, plus things stored in them are "safe"

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Vendictus Prime posted:

It really seems a bit amazing just how fragile these medium citadels are, why anyone would remotely want to rely on putting anything of value in them is beyond common sense. I really think they are going to need some kind of serious buff to be a realistic option or you're just throwing isk in the void.

they're literally just pos dude, larges are more like outposts and xls are just stupid

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

they're literally just pos dude, larges are more like outposts and xls are just stupid

He is also only looking at the unfit ones that die in the 15 min vulnerability window after anchoring where you can't do anything with them. So far I think I've only seen one (as of yesterday morning) citadel actually killed through both reinforcement timers and fully fit (minus rigs), and it did a lot more damage than a POS would.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

snakes are pirate faction implants that increase your base velocity by a bunch, in The Old Days you could make interceptors do like 20km/s

Bring back octuple MWD scorpions and make Eve great again

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Good grief that is crazy fast! I just compared it to my normally moving ship.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

VideoGames posted:

Bear in mind that a few years back there was a "speed nerf." All ships used to go faster.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

VideoGames posted:

CCP nerfed how fast you can go a pretty long time ago, so now those crows go considerably slower, roughly 9-10km/s nowadays and nobody actually does that anymroe

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
That does sound like a shame. Silly super speeding about the universe sounds like tremendous fun.

This is the prettiest space game I have ever played.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Vendictus Prime posted:

If a citadel dies, your stuff can be teleported to another citadel in the same system for free, or lowsec for 15% of the value.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nessin posted:

He is also only looking at the unfit ones that die in the 15 min vulnerability window after anchoring where you can't do anything with them. So far I think I've only seen one (as of yesterday morning) citadel actually killed through both reinforcement timers and fully fit (minus rigs), and it did a lot more damage than a POS would.

yeah, citadel caught coming out of anchor is defenseless, a gunned citadel is shockingly powerful

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

VideoGames posted:

That does sound like a shame. Silly super speeding about the universe sounds like tremendous fun.

It was tremendous fun but it also fundamentally broke the game's physics engine :ccp:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am having the greatest time flying right now and I cannot believe my eyes!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I am having the greatest time flying right now and I cannot believe my eyes!

It's true, EVE is a pretty game.

The last one is what you see when you die, by the way. :v:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Yeah it's a pretty game. Sometimes it's hard to stop and remember that because the people playing it can be so mind-bogglingly terrible.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I got distracted by the space map and decided to visit a cool sounding name and ended up 22 jumps away from my starting point. I saw some Gallente stations today.

They look amazing and I am pretty giddy at being able to go out there and see more amazing things! There are so many systems and I've only visited a handful! I will get a really cool exploration ship and go away and say hi to the universe! :3:

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

nessin posted:

good point, I was just looking at the killboards so far and some just looked like they were killed by small gangs . The high sec kill in Perimeter which is around 6.2 bill in value, looks like it had some goons on the kill, ( thinking MiniLuv ) but yeah it took 5.5 million in damage.

Vendictus Prime fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 10, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Vendictus Prime posted:

What? A medium's current build cost, for an empty hull, is a hair over 1B, and most of that is due to speculation on the PI market since it's still the first month of the Citadel release; realistically, they're going to settle around 750M. Add another ~1B for a decent fit. And it doesn't need fuel nor stront as long as you're not running a service (market/cloning/refining/etc.) in it.

For comparison, a basic large stick is 400-450M depending on race; the good large faction sticks range from 900M to 1.2B. Add POS modules, and add fuel. It's not that much more expensive than a POS, and it's significantly more useful.

And, just for clarity, the vast majority of the citadels that have died so far have been killed before they were done with their initial repair phase (meaning, they were unfitted and uncapable of self-defense) or they were shitfit garbage like that one in Perimeter. Once a medium citadel is fitted and manned, they get significantly harder to kill. You basically have two options, both of which will take 25 minutes:

1) Drop seven dreads on it. (It only takes one dread to reach the DPS cap for a medium; however, if it's properly fitted and manned, a medium will reliably pop a dread every 2-3 minutes. By the time you hit the RF timer, you'll have lost 5-6 dreads, and the seventh will finish the job.)
2) Drop a decently sized subcap gang on it that's capable of sigtanking the citadel's fire while still reaching the DPS cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

evilweasel posted:

If a citadel dies, your stuff can be teleported to another citadel in the same system for free, or lowsec for 15% of the value.

The transfer feature isn't live on TQ yet is it? I know it is still up on SiSi currently.

• Locked thread