Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

as you set foot into the tavern the roar of conversation dulls as various adventurers pause, take your measure, and resume their talk.

you approach the bar and are greeted by the bartender.

"so, let me guess, you're looking for a crew to try your luck against the lich, yeah? I'm sure if you hang you'll find some people to give it a go with."

you grab the drink you ordered and turn around, stopping at the bartender grabbing your arm.

"Find a crew and I'll show ye to the entrance."

Hey everybody I just want to roleplay this idea out, no character sheets just give me a picture, your skills, and what kind of drink you have. once i have four or five we'll start you off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yobgoblin

Skills: sneak, listening, open lock, persuasion & insight.
Specials (Krang): darkvision, & screech.
Drink: Irish coffee

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

man that's a bad drawing. What the hell happened to his leg? Oh well, game on!

Roach

Rogue/Assassin. I have a Dragonbone mug that I use to imbibe a sweet-smelling liquid who's name is lost to me. I never seem to run out. In my possession I have a Thieve's kit, my leather pants and shirt which are tougher than normal leather and 2 very sharp and quite pointy daggers. I crave the comfort of the shadows and shun the light as it hurts my eyes and more importantly, harms my ability to see in the dark- where all the things I may decide to allow to fall into my pocket lay hidden.

I am not wealthy but I seem to be able to pay for the things I want. The rest I take...

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 9, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

treasure bear

treasure bear the non-committal and mostly inactive

skills: occassional honey smell from sneeze, able to get trapped almost anywhere, established brand
drink: uhh what do you have? erm uhh nevermind, just water please, err no ice, thank-you

Android Blues

unassuming seeming skeleton in huge disguise mask. large beard, moustache. nice extremely flat eyes
powers: frost wizardry, time management, workplace dispute resolution skills
drink: i gave up the pleasures of fluid ingestion when i sloughed away my dreadful frailties to ascend to the right hand of - i mean, vodka coke

cuntman.net

wayne bruce, the reverse batman

hes like batman but hes really cheerful and he tries to make criminals feel good about themselves and become better people

he orders a glass of fruit punch

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 10, 2016

guns for tits

Doc Friday

skills: pun-making and general incompetency

drink: A seltzer would be great. Thanks

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the bartender looks over the motley crew, and shrugs his shoulders. "your funeral. entrance is in the back, follow me."

"if you die we have someone sweep through and clean out your pockets, but they res you too don't expect the dungeon to remain the same if you try again."

as the group descends the smell of honey reaches you, and a buzzing starts to resonate through the cavern.

it's at least four giant bees!! who ever was in front noticed them first, so tell me how you attack

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

The Skull With No Name

Skills: Shooting, not saying much

Drink: whisky. whisky. whisky. leave the bottle.

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Being too late for the adventure, I continue drinking. The alcohol has little obvious effect, maybe it makes my shooting a little straighter.

The End (for the Skull with No Name)

hi how are you ♥

Android Blues

"oh hey there, mary, frank, gary - i mean, mysterious bees that i'm surprised to see are giant." *winking furiously* "a giant bee? ha ha, that's so wacky. i thought bees were regular sized."

i'd like to crack these bees up with a cutting, perhaps experience-based pastiche of the many adventurers i suspect for a fact they've slaughtered on their boss' behalf

Android Blues

the innocuously bearded skeleton starts doing a pretty god drat spot on impression of the chainmail clad fighter whose corpse is mouldering in the stairwell, cruelly mimicking their patterns of speech and thick human accent

Android Blues

in fact, pretty soon it's getting uncomfortable. the bold adventurer (?) is straying into hoary racial stereotypes about human people, such as how they always have destinies and they never tip. this material wouldn't go down well in most taverns, but dungeon audiences are less discerning

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the bees glance at each other and chuckle nervously at this brave, bold, and hilarious adventurer who they have never seen before in their lives. one of them starts to buzz a reply, but stops when (maybe frank?) places a feeler on it

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Being too late for the adventure, I continue drinking. The alcohol has little obvious effect, maybe it makes my shooting a little straighter.

The End (for the Skull with No Name)

the man in black fled into the desert, and the Skull with no name followed

treasure bear

i cast magic honey sneeze and then i run away

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Remembering something I heard once in a tavern long ago I try to sooth the bees by distracting them with a honey dance. I begin the dance by stepping in a box step pattern, and wiggle my butt every now and then to emphasize the motions

Android Blues

the bearded adventurer claps along xylophonically

guns for tits

I trip and fall down the stairs. I loudly yell, "Son of a beetch!"

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the bees are getting down! honey sneezes are great, and who doesn't like a good pratfall? they let the very offensive dancing by splatmaster go, cuz he clearly doesn't know what he's telling them. just as things seem to be really winding up a new louder buzzing comes in. it's a bee killing hornet!!

oh god it has frank! FRAAAAANK!

treasure bear

i got lost even though the exit was only 20ft back and i've been running against a solid wall like in a videogame for the last 3 minutes

guns for tits

I put on a yellow jacket and make a vaguely threatening pose towards the hornet.

"I failed at Kung-Fu."

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I swing my morning star at a bee's head

cuntman.net

i take out my reverse bee repellent spray from my reverse utility belt and spray it on the wall

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

Yobgoblin posted:

I swing my morning star at a bee's head

you hit the bee for 7 damage! it was worried about Frank, but now it's attention turns to you. it attempts to sting you but critically fumbles stabbing the hornet instead

TWIST FIST posted:

i take out my reverse bee repellent spray from my reverse utility belt and spray it on the wall

your reverse bee repellant attracts even more bees! they ignore the clumsy adventurers and start swarming the hornet

treasure bear posted:

i got lost even though the exit was only 20ft back and i've been running against a solid wall like in a videogame for the last 3 minutes

so far nothing seems to be happening but wait, you appear to gradually start clipping through the wall, if you keep this up for another few minutes who knows what could happen?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i continue to follow the man in black. one day i'll catch up to him and send him straight to hell for what he's done.

hi how are you ♥

guns for tits

"Beehind you!" I say, as I charge at one of the bees.

cuntman.net

i throw a reverse batarang at the bee but it turns around and hits me instead

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

i continue to follow the man in black. one day i'll catch up to him and send him straight to hell for what he's done.

the trail leads beyond the desert and into the mountains, the only question is where does the trail lead? up into the snowy heights or into an old abandoned mine?

Doc Friday posted:

"Beehind you!" I say, as I charge at one of the bees.

thanks to your timely warning the bee dodges the deadly pincer bite of the hornet. it turns to thank you only to find you face first on the ground. after picking you up and brushing off some dust it turns to join the swarm smothering the hornet.

TWIST FIST posted:

i throw a reverse batarang at the bee but it turns around and hits me instead

the reverse batarang automatically deploys soothing jazz and anti headache balm, it clears up your headache!

at this point treasure bear seems to have no clipped through the stage! without magical intervention or an act of god he could be stuck for some time

cuntman.net

i shoot my reverse grapple gun at treasure bear in an attempt to pull him back but the gun pulls me instead of him and clips me out of the stage

guns for tits

I strike a pose celebrating our victory over the hornet. Suddenly, I hear a loud groan, and the floor gives out from underneath me.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

the snowy heights of the mountain are impassable this time of year (summer). He must have gone into the mine. He's cornered. I'll catch him there.

hi how are you ♥

treasure bear

i clip back in-bounds and fall through the ceiling and into the new hole in the floor

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Still dancin', yeah! *shake* *shake* *shake*

Slugnoid

BANG! the saloon doors swing open and the goblin on the piano stops playing as I swagger in out of the desert sun, my fingers resting lightly above the ivory handle of my peacemaker.

Slugnoid

give a mead, double.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I roll to help treasure bear out of the mysterious hole

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

Splatmaster posted:

Still dancin', yeah! *shake* *shake* *shake*

your fancy dance moves not withstanding you fall through the air with the other members of your party. they're pretty impressed that you keep dancing as you fall. gain some bonus xp

treasure bear posted:

i clip back in-bounds and fall through the ceiling and into the new hole in the floor

you fall into the hole, and drag wayne bruce behind you reverse grappling hook still attached

Doc Friday posted:

I strike a pose celebrating our victory over the hornet. Suddenly, I hear a loud groan, and the floor gives out from underneath me.

your incompetence is a threat to the dungeon's structural integrity! you, your teammates, and the hornet's corpse tumble through the air, and the debris punches through floor after floor bypassing traps and dungeon dwellers alike. you land in the gooey remains of what appears to be a black ooze, a bit lands in your mouth and is that... Yes it's delicious blackberry ooze! it's broken your fall and offered a brief snack.

up ahead a pair of large metal doors stand with badass skulls emblazoned on them

Yobgoblin posted:

I roll to help treasure bear out of the mysterious hole

by some miracle you avoided the floor collapse, but in your haste to help you trip and join the others as they fall.

the snowy heights of the mountain are impassable this time of year (summer). He must have gone into the mine. He's cornered. I'll catch him there.

the man in black is waiting deep within, and you finally see him standing across from you in a dark cavern. a glowing x is directly between you two, and he's standing next to a lever, waggling his eyebrows at you

Slugnoid posted:

BANG! the saloon doors swing open and the goblin on the piano stops playing as I swagger in out of the desert sun, my fingers resting lightly above the ivory handle of my peacemaker.

you proceed to have a relaxing and chill time in the bar. you think the bartender might have a lead on a mysterious adventure, if you get some people together. your mead has the faint suggestion of honey and is excellent as meads go

Android Blues

the odious wizard points out how the skulls on that door look really cool, and starts sort of bopping their head and saying "wow, the feng shui in here is really good, huh guys? tell me what you think, be honest" then "no particular reason youd have to be more honest than normal in this case i just love honesty"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

im not here to play games. i narrow my eyeholes, shift my cigarillo from one side of my mouth to the other, spit, and step right over the middle of that X on my way over to the man in black

hi how are you ♥

• Locked thread