Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sir Unimaginative posted:

So is Zorro Megaten's first Californian persona/demon/whatever?

Maryland already has Mothman. Virginia is waiting for the first Megaten that uses its much lamer cryptid, Bunnyman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I can't believe Makoto's Persona is the Pope

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Radish posted:

Maryland already has Mothman. Virginia is waiting for the first Megaten that uses its much lamer cryptid, Bunnyman.

Looking forward to the Jersey Devil.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

Looking forward to the Jersey Devil.

It was already in Soul Hackers actually.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

TurnipFritter posted:

I can't believe Makoto's Persona is the Pope

Apparently the magazine interview confirms this

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Apparently the magazine interview confirms this
Now I'm just imagining her having a fist fight with Ezio.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Are you telling me this girl summons a Pope Motorcycle.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Chexoid posted:

Are you telling me this girl summons a Pope Motorcycle.
The Popecycle.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/02/04/Holy-Harley-Pope-s-Motorcycle-Goes-Sale

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
So if Johanna is the pope, does that make her arcana Hierophant?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Clarste posted:

So if Johanna is the pope, does that make her arcana Hierophant?

The Priestess is called the Popess in some decks, and Makoto's collar has BJ on it the same way the Priestess card does.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Looking through some other info on the Japanese page that mentions the pope...

-Apparently the first heist takes place in school, which caught Makoto's eye. It also says something about her having awoke to her Persona ability after a certain trouble/worry. And the bike doesn't transform, in case anyone was wondering.
-Futaba is old enough enough to be a first year in high school, but she's been a hikikomori since Middle School. Not sure if that was clear in the earlier translation/summary. Also, she likes to cover her face with weird things around anyone but the MC. Her meeting with the MC involves unusual circumstances that they won't spoil. She's the key that increases the scope of the story. The necronomicon represents her mysterious power.
-Haru is good at communication, but will avoid anyone she doesn't see any value in talking to. She knows a lot of adults who are corrupted on a large scale, and therefore she pushes the story forward. (IE: she knows the corrupt businessmen through family connections, so she can act as an inside man to plan your heists)

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 10, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think having a weird meta-universe storyline that only exists in spinoffs is a cool compromise. like with the arena games. anyway i hope they make another dancing game with a super serious story

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

There's a woman in a suit named Sae Nijima, but it's unclear how she's related to Makoto.

The MC's origin story apparently involves getting arrested for a fight where he was protecting a girl from guys hitting on her, which led to a probation from his school. That's... kind of a lame origin story.

The main characters use a mysterious app called "Otherworld Navi" to infiltrate the Palaces inside people's hearts to steal the Treasure which represents their sins, and reform them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean what do you want the MC to have done, robbed a bank? He's a kind of punk kid but he's still a good guy, that's pretty much always been his deal.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Clarste posted:

There's a woman in a suit named Sae Nijima, but it's unclear how she's related to Makoto.

The MC's origin story apparently involves getting arrested for a fight where he was protecting a girl from guys hitting on her, which led to a probation from his school. That's... kind of a lame origin story.

The main characters use a mysterious app called "Otherworld Navi" to infiltrate the Palaces inside people's hearts to steal the Treasure which represents their sins, and reform them.

I dunno, "you did the right thing but you also rocked the boat and that's unacceptable" makes sense in the context of the games apparent themes, as an origin story.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Well, I mostly meant that it's lame in that it's a cliche. The idea is sound, but it's just... cliche.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lmao if you didnt rob a bank i nmiddle school

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I can't wait for anarcho-communist resistance group Persona.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A cliche in persona?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
It should be more realistic, like when I got in trouble for stealing the pens from the computer lab. To this day they have the pen chained up and it is my most enduring legacy.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Chexoid posted:

It should be more realistic, like when I got in trouble for stealing the pens from the computer lab. To this day they have the pen chained up and it is my most enduring legacy.

plus chains is great symbolism, I think you're onto something

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Kanji's advanced persona is already Nestor Makhno in disguise (but the 'stache gives it away!)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't believe the flawless and untouchable Persona series has a cliché in it

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

That translation is wrong, he got caught trying to peak at the women's side of an open air bath.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
So Johanna is... just a bike, 100% of the time? Not even, like, a bike that can take a human form, just... a bike?

I don't know how I feel about that.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Poltergrift posted:

So Johanna is... just a bike, 100% of the time? Not even, like, a bike that can take a human form, just... a bike?

It has a face, if that helps.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Poltergrift posted:

I have faith that her evolved persona will be way cooler, like a helicopter maybe

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Let's not forget how Yukari had her Persona evolve from a lady sitting on a cow skull to whatever Isis is supposed to be.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Haru Okumura, finally the best girl has a name

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Poltergrift posted:

Here, I'll help: it's fuckin rad as h*ck

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Persona but the A is the anarchy A from Apocalypse.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Instead of Makoto, I want to talk to the motorcycle and befriend it and ask its advice.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

here have some info
http://personacentral.com/persona-5-character-persona-story-information/

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That's the same thing I translated, except maybe better translation.

Or maybe worse, I dunno.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 10, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I always knew the main character was just a cheap ripoff of Takeo Gouda

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

quote:

A third-year high school student of Syujin High School who is the daughter to the president of a large restaurant company. Elegant but naive to the ways of the world, she tends to observe people.

I'm so glad that Mitsuru is coming back to us.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like that literally every party member gets a 'will be important to the story' blurb

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Everyone's Naoto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people complain about Naoto but it isn't really her fault that she's the only party member besides teddie that actually moves the main plot along after joining