Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CommieGIR posted:

Pizza, you fool. Pizza is the superfood.

I'm with you. I'm unsure how I'm not 30 stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
To hell with you guys, I'm going to go eat BBQ. Which may be on a salad.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

SCA Enthusiast posted:

If you like lettuce there are several varieties that taste better (subjective) and are far more nutritious (objective) than iceberg. You're basically paying for a ball of crunchy water.

Wait.. when did this turn into a thread about cannibalism?!?!

God drat I'm a dork.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
There's a BBQ place a stone's throw from my work that I have to fight myself pretty hard to not go to every day. It's run by a competitive eater. The portions are... generous.

They do bacon wrapped meatballs that are then smoked and coated in sauce.

http://bearsbbq.com/

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Tide posted:

To hell with you guys, I'm going to go eat BBQ. Which may be on a salad.

I put coleslaw on my pulled pork sandwiches to make it healthy.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Cage posted:

You have to eat 7 cups of it to get as much protein as a medium egg. 99% of the time when iceberg lettuce is eaten its super unhealthy.

Lol why are you eating lettuce for protein. It's not sugary, doesn't have fat or many calories because it's relatively benign. "Super unhealthy" dude chill.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
e: not worth it. lets drop the stupidest conversation ever please.

lets talk about bbq
Can we go here for neai?

Cage fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 10, 2016

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I generally have everyone chip in and we do our own BBQ. It works out pretty well. That and huge vats of chili.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

*fart*

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Noise Complaint posted:

I generally have everyone chip in and we do our own BBQ. It works out pretty well. That and huge vats of chili.

I hope you don't put beans in it!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Theres no nutritional value in farts dunno why youre doin that~

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cage posted:

Theres no nutritional value in farts dunno why youre doin that~

i live off of huffing my own farts so

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I always knew you did :v: Thanks for coming clean about it though.

I thought iceberg was just bad because it had a huge amount of nitrates or nitrites or something in it that's horrible for us.

Cage posted:

Look forget the food just make sure you got liquor.

Careful there, alcohol can gently caress up a diet, and not just because of the calories in it. http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20670897,00.html

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I like romain hearts because they last forever in my fridge :v:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Romaine is the dopest of lettuces it is known.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

romaine and spinach salads are pro tier

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
It's nice to have ruffage that lasts more than 3 days too.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kastein posted:

Careful there, alcohol can gently caress up a diet, and not just because of the calories in it. http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20670897,00.html
Good tips, but I only drink 2 days a week and thats after going to the gym with my pops. I don't do anything silly like skipping food so I can drink.

e: That article was written by Sunny Sea Gold :stare:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cage posted:

Good tips, but I only drink 2 days a week and thats after going to the gym with my pops. I don't do anything silly like skipping food so I can drink.

e: That article was written by Sunny Sea Gold :stare:

I'm down about twenty pounds in the last two months, and another 20 to go.

If I'd just stop drinking I'd probably be there already :v: but craft beer is delicious.

Not much tastes better after the gym than a big steak or burger (no bun) and an IPA.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SCA Enthusiast posted:

If you like lettuce there are several varieties that taste better (subjective) and are far more nutritious (objective) than iceberg. You're basically paying for a ball of crunchy water.

kale has as much nutritional value as iceberg lettuce

iceberg lettuce doesn't make your pee smell like it should be in a biohazard container.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Health foods happen to other people

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Whenever someone says superfood, my pseudoscience meter twitches.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

CommieGIR posted:

But if I don't eat my manuka honey the toxins will get me!

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

DesperateDan posted:

but with these essential oils....

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

CommieGIR posted:

I put an edible spinach cape around all of my food, thus making it super.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Noise Complaint posted:

There's a BBQ place a stone's throw from my work that I have to fight myself pretty hard to not go to every day. It's run by a competitive eater. The portions are... generous.

They do bacon wrapped meatballs that are then smoked and coated in sauce.

http://bearsbbq.com/

My parents love that place. I am BT's Smokehouse 4 lyfe though.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

I feel like there would be a classic Carlin rant in that if he was still alive

Organic non-GMO superfood, no chemicals, but lots of vitamins, antioxidants and cancer fighting, free range and no hormones..

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Random question. My wife and I are trying to finally get on the same car insurance plan for the discount. I got two quotes - one at state minimums for liability, which is 30/60/25, and one at my current level of coverage which is 100/300/50. My wife and I are both good drivers with no tickets, violations, or accidents on our record. Is the state minimum super low or is that okay? It's only about a $20 difference in the monthly premium between the two coverages, but I'm not sure what makes sense since I have no real frame of reference on this sort of thing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

DesperateDan posted:

Health magazines are especially bad about pushing the same sort of pseudoscience, appeal to nature bullshit that morning TV does. Especially with protein shakes and health food all-natural appeals.

Its amazing we survive as a race in the technological era.

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION
Dr Oz keeps me up to date on the modern miracles I need

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

The Midniter posted:

Random question. My wife and I are trying to finally get on the same car insurance plan for the discount. I got two quotes - one at state minimums for liability, which is 30/60/25, and one at my current level of coverage which is 100/300/50. My wife and I are both good drivers with no tickets, violations, or accidents on our record. Is the state minimum super low or is that okay? It's only about a $20 difference in the monthly premium between the two coverages, but I'm not sure what makes sense since I have no real frame of reference on this sort of thing.

30/60/25 is hilariously and irresponsibly low. To save a couple hundred dollars a year it seems awfully dangerous to run around at "This will ruin me forever" levels of risk if you manage to kill or seriously injure someone and they spend the next 30 years suing you to recoup the other $2.5 million of medical bills they incur from your safely driving into them (hypothetically).

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I just checked and no-one cares what lettuce is in my fridge. Not even me and I'm the only person who eats it.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
The only lettuce that gets eaten in our house is romaine, and it's mostly eaten by our tortoise.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I fucks with spinach and kale I ain't gonna lie.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

scuz posted:

The only lettuce that gets eaten in our house is romaine, and it's mostly eaten by our tortoise.

Are you going to eat the tortoise in a lettuce wrap, thus completing the circle of shitposting life? (not calling you a shitposter, just lettucechatisshitposting)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That lettuce-wrapped burg is TERRIBLE for you and it's not because of what's inside! The truth will shock you!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Siochain posted:

Are you going to eat the tortoise in a lettuce wrap, thus completing the circle of shitposting life? (not calling you a shitposter, just lettucechatisshitposting)
If a freak biological miracle occurs that allows me to outlive him, I might consider eating the dude, but I'd have to run that by the girlfriend. She wouldn't be so keen, I expect.

fyodor posted:

That lettuce-wrapped burg is TERRIBLE for you and it's not because of what's inside! The truth will shock you!
Antacids HATE HIM because of this one WEIRD TRICK!!!

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Lettuce wraps a pretty tasty, no lie, but loving being a lettuce nazi.

Just finished taking a licensing test to teach special education and I feel like I did really well on it. Will have results in 17 days, and it'll open more teaching doors for me.

Car-related: Parents own a 2006 XC90 with the 2.5T engine. Stepdad was trying to do a tuneup on it, but told me there was a bar over the engine. Turns out, it's a pipe for the intercooler. It's not filled with coolant or anything is it? I am not exactly sure what an intercooler is, though I suspect it helps cool / provide cooler air for the turbo.

Either way, stepdad would rather pay some shifty mechanic 30 bucks to change the plugs than pay the same amount (or less) for the two torx bits he needs. Too bad they live 3 hours away and they didn't tell me about it before I visited, otherwise I'd have brought my own tools and changed them for him. It's running really rough, and throwing a CEL that he says says misfire on multiple/all cylinders. My money would be on MAF being bad since he previously had a code for that(I think, he's not good at describing things...) and tried to clean it. Probably bad and not dirty, but I have no clue; plugs are cheaper than a MAF.

Note: Dude just did all this without my input. Not that he has to answer to me or anything like that; I just showed up for mother's day and he was all "hey car's running rough, what's this so I can change plugs?"

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

QuarkMartial posted:

Car-related: Parents own a 2006 XC90 with the 2.5T engine.

Best motor for that car.

Take the pipe off and put it back on, it's one of the turbo system pipes and there may be some oily residue in it, but nothing is going to pour out (if it does, something else, much more major is wrong).

Plug change should be no big deal. But if he's struggling with securing a couple of Torx bits, maybe he is better off getting it done professionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
So I'm going back to school in September. About a month ago I went to the school's Open House just to get a lay of the land, get some questions answered, that sort of thing. While I was there I entered a contest to win a $5000 tuition voucher on a whim. Got an email today saying that I won.

:what:

• Locked thread