Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Every time I see Marlon Harewood I remember Ian wright calling him "Black Homer Simpson" and giggle like an idiot

he's a goomba from the mario film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
everyone watch this loving show

"Heroes" blaring as flames guide a stream of black cabs onto the pitch

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

It was Nigel Reo-Coker who called him that

Was it? I'm sure it was Wright, it sounds far too much like something approaching human emotion to have ever come out of Reo-Coker's mouth.

poo poo, maybe I've been a racist all along...

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I just remembered we signed Carlton Cole this year :negative:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Spangly A posted:

everyone watch this loving show

"Heroes" blaring as flames guide a stream of black cabs onto the pitch

This is exactly the kind of show that I imagined Sullivan and Gold would think was classy

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

This is exactly the kind of show that I imagined Sullivan and Gold would think was classy

And yet somehow it's still better than the Olympics closing ceremony.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
if they made a team of the old boys with Peters, Cottee and Deveonshire have a kickabout with the squad I'll be pretty happy

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
MacAvennie snorting coke off the goal line.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
And here's West Ham's racist uncle. You love him dearly, he's done great things in his life but you can't help but feel very awkward around him because of his views

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

And here's West Ham's racist uncle. You love him dearly, he's done great things in his life but you can't help but feel very awkward around him because of his views

The essential saintliness of Sir Trev counterbalances the existence of Paolo "I am a fascist, not a racist" Di Canio.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TG-Chrono posted:

gently caress a red devil
Go a hammer

Good game

This is how they post in TFF

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Just rewatching a few things and besides his awful miss, Carroll was amazing today. He won every ball he went for and made life hell for the two center backs. It really shows how few center-backs England have when Smalling is probably going to be first choice CB for England when Carroll (who can't get into the side) bullied him all evening.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
But Carroll should be in the side. He's perfect for doing just that, bullying poo poo CBs haphazardly thrown together for joke teams like many European sides and also Manchester United.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
gently caress YES COCKNEY REJECTS

this should have been the whole show, perhaps with Slav on bass.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That was a pretty good sending off for the ground.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
They're the famous Man United and they hate the Champions League.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

KFBR392 posted:

But Carroll should be in the side. He's perfect for doing just that, bullying poo poo CBs haphazardly thrown together for joke teams like many European sides and also Manchester United.

Everything he does will get called a foul just likely ol crouchy

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
e: wrong thread

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Everything he does will get called a foul just likely ol crouchy

I loved crouch getting called for fouls when he wasn't even jumping

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

KFBR392 posted:

It really is insane that you have like 5 really good strikers, all of them with different and useful playstyles, and then there's nobody in the back lol. Roy needs to take a leaf out of Leicester + Tottenham books and have a lethal side that plays by the numbers in the back cause you're gonna get wrecked otherwise

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

dex_sda posted:

It really is insane that you have like 5 really good strikers, all of them with different and useful playstyles, and then there's nobody in the back lol. Roy needs to take a leaf out of Leicester + Tottenham books and have a lethal side that plays by the numbers in the back cause you're gonna get wrecked otherwise

have you ever watched tottenham?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Taking Carroll pretty much guarantees 3 points in the group game against Wales.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

RideTheSpiral posted:

have you ever watched tottenham?

lol good point, was mostly referring to the 'lethal' part there

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Can I get a rundown of the possible repercussions of tonight's matches? Other than this

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Gigi Galli posted:

Can I get a rundown of the possible repercussions of tonight's matches? Other than this

Sunderland relegate Norwich and Newcastle if they beat a thoroughly on the beach Everton, Norwich relegated regardless if they don't beat a thoroughly on the beach Watford

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Blue Star Error posted:

Sunderland relegate Norwich and Newcastle if they beat a thoroughly on the beach Everton, Norwich relegated regardless if they don't beat a thoroughly on the beach Watford

Thank you.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Can that one Everton fan please explain why Martinez refuses to play Deulefeu despite the fact he tore it up at the start of the season. he seems like one of their best players

also to a lesser extend Miralles

Thanks

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Liverpool FC on Twitter: "Confirmed #LFC team v @ChelseaFC: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge."

Confirmed #LFC subs v @ChelseaFC: Bogdan, Skrtel, Smith, Lucas, Allen, Ojo, Benteke.

Chelsea:
Begović; Azpilicueta, Mikel, Cahill, Rahman; Fabregas, Matić; Pedro, Willian, Hazard; Traoré
Subs:
Amelia, Tomori, Kenedy, Loftus-Cheek, Palmer, Pato, Abraham

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Holy moley that Chelsea team

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Let's go scouse teams let's go

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
That's the best starting 11 Klopp could play, I would have been fine if he'd rested people or brought them on if we were losing

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Chelsea is cool again

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Good news Howson fans he just won player of the season

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Blue Star Error posted:

Good news Howson fans he just won player of the season

bl caveman we were all pulling for you

Gene Ricman
Aug 14, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

Can that one Everton fan please explain why Martinez refuses to play Deulefeu despite the fact he tore it up at the start of the season. he seems like one of their best players

also to a lesser extend Miralles

Thanks

Deulofeu is massively inconsistent and went through a bad run of form and got dropped for a while. He'd probably be starting tonight, but our £13.5m striker (who looks garbage) injured him in a training ground tackle.
Mirallas doesn't get played because Martinez doesnt get on with him. Mirallas does have a really lovely attitude, but hes one of our most creative players so really Martinez should've managed the situation better. But he didn't so we've been stuck with Cleverly on the loving wing. Hes starting him tonight, but only because he pretty much has to.
I've heard its Martinez last game for us anyway and he should be gone before the weekend. Its a shame it hasn't worked out but his philosophy is absolute bullshit and hes stuck to it religiously.

Any Newcastle/Norwich fans expecting us to do anything tonight, my message to you is this: abandon all hope. We are utter poo poo and the only chance you have is if Sunderland completely and utterly bottle it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Gene Ricman posted:

Deulofeu is massively inconsistent and went through a bad run of form and got dropped for a while. He'd probably be starting tonight, but our £13.5m striker (who looks garbage) injured him in a training ground tackle.
Mirallas doesn't get played because Martinez doesnt get on with him. Mirallas does have a really lovely attitude, but hes one of our most creative players so really Martinez should've managed the situation better. But he didn't so we've been stuck with Cleverly on the loving wing. Hes starting him tonight, but only because he pretty much has to.
I've heard its Martinez last game for us anyway and he should be gone before the weekend. Its a shame it hasn't worked out but his philosophy is absolute bullshit and hes stuck to it religiously.

Any Newcastle/Norwich fans expecting us to do anything tonight, my message to you is this: abandon all hope. We are utter poo poo and the only chance you have is if Sunderland completely and utterly bottle it.

I got depressed reading this post. sorry about your football club

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

I abandoned all hope when we lost to Sunderland mate we're down

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Blue Star Error posted:

I abandoned all hope when we lost to Sunderland mate we're down

and yours

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

its not the end of the world there are positives to being in the championship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Blue Star Error posted:

its not the end of the world there are positives to being in the championship

you can finally ditch all those plastics

• Locked thread