Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

quote:

Reduced exposure on Operators head positioning while aiming

We have grouped the camera and head placement tighter to expose the players head less. This should mitigate the issue where you are looking down from a window and someone can see your head but you cant see theirs.

Animations when leaning are now mirrored on both sides

Since all Operators are right-handed, leaning on the left or right gave a different head exposure. We have mirrored the animations in a way that exposes the head as much on the right than on the left.

This makes me feel nice. I was having vCoD left lean flashbacks every now and again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I wonder if moving the camera up slightly will have an impact on gameplay, it'll be nice to not have to expose your entire face to peek at something because the camera is in your chest.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I buckled and bought the Gold edition on PS4 today since it's half off. Does the mumble server host the PS4 players, or is it mostly for the PC crew? My PSN is kittypoptart and it'd be real nice to play this with some people in the future.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The CTS mumble siege crew are, as far as I know, only PC players.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How would you even use mumble while on the PS4, other than having it on your PC with something to-hand to press the push to talk button? :v:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

drat that's a pretty massive patch. I like what I'm seeing.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Lemon-Lime posted:

How would you even use mumble while on the PS4, other than having it on your PC with something to-hand to press the push to talk button? :v:

It's on iOS / Android, right? Use voice-activation!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 11, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-249092-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=R6CheatReportPC

Just change the subject to Harassment/bad username you big baby. Oh and link those pictures. He might get a 15day ban!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think most normal people would probably be bothered by reading things like that so 'big baby' is probably not really necessary

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
As a member of that group, I'll say that he was posting those (probably) because he (we) found it hilarious

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Hard posted:

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-249092-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/new?template=R6CheatReportPC

Just change the subject to Harassment/bad username you big baby. Oh and link those pictures. He might get a 15day ban!

"You may not use a name from popular culture or the media."

Welp, you guys might as well ban me right now.

Also I find it funny when people get mad at me over the internet, I have no plans on reporting people for that. And the story about my dad drinking a smoothie made of my moms ashes and cum was funny and true.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

DoctorStrangelove posted:

That's pretty loving stupid.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

ghetto wormhole posted:

That's pretty loving stupid.

From a legal standpoint it's sadly necessary, they don't want Viacom suing because someone made their ubisoft name PeterGriffin69

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

This would be one of the best games ever with working anti cheat.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Welp, you guys might as well ban me right now.

Also I find it funny when people get mad at me over the internet, I have no plans on reporting people for that. And the story about my dad drinking a smoothie made of my moms ashes and cum was funny and true.

I'd always report people in World of Tanks if they had Nazi names or clan tags. I could understand the dummies who worship Rommel but if you are Joachim_Peiper your rear end is getting a forced re-name. Otherwise I really don't care about people raging out.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Foehammer posted:

It's on iOS / Android, right? Use voice-activation!

Don't use voice activation.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I really wish it was possible to activate nitro while in a camera.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
So....is there a countdown or something on when the patch is dropping? 5/11 without timezone info is kind of vague at this day and age.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Reddit posted:

PS4:

3-4pm CEST
1-2pm UTC/GMT
9-10am EST
8-9am CST
7-8am MST
6-7am PST
11pm-12am May 12th ACT Australia

XB1:

4-5pm CEST
2-3pm UTC/GMT
10-11am EST
9-10am CST
8-9am MST
7-8am PST
12-1am May 12th ACT Australia

PC:

5-6pm CEST
3-4pm UTC/GMT
11-12pm EST
10-11am CST
9-10am MST
8-9am PST
1-2AM May 12th ACT Australia

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Times are posted here, it is different per platform.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1446584-PS4-XB-PC-Server-Maintenance-5-11?s=ca9564ec653e2c3a3fd236bc53c650bb

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
"You may not use a name linked to a terrorist organization or activity."

I wonder how long I can remain Abu_Hajaar in game

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Patch is currently live on both consoles. PC is beginning shortly.

As far as the name policy implies my take is that it's there just so they can back themselves IF they ever decide to enforce it.

I'm sure you Gokus and Sephiroths are fine but if they ever decide to take action on an offensive name or if BIRD/SQUARE fills a complain (lol) they have the paperwork to back it up.

Pretty much like a tenant would have a no dog clause on a lease yet allows you to own one but could legally force you to get rid of it if it starts destroying the backyard.

Hornet was all yo this guy is talking poo poo, which i found weird since we would all be banned by now ( me included) if that kind of trash talk was always reported.
Hence the big baby <3

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i think most normal people would probably be bothered by reading things like that so 'big baby' is probably not really necessary
Goons are not normal people.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Looks like the season pass gets you a gold 6 charm and the nuclear skin for smokes head

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Patch is live on pc now

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I have not actually gotten to play a round yet but I can confrim that the Rainbow series is ruined forever. Thanks :dice:

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Valk is the Best.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Blackbeards AR seems really Really strong by itself.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

There appears to be a glitch where shield fuze is invisible, because it happened to my team 3 times on border.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Great Beer posted:

There appears to be a glitch where shield fuze is invisible, because it happened to my team 3 times on border.

It begins.

Support mode? 1st pov, 3rd pov ?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I was dead and watching a person go around a corner. He started taking fire and died, to his confusion. We thought he died from someone in a trapdoor above him but the killcam showed fuze just standing around the corner not crouched. At no point did fuze aim at the person he killed but he died anyway.

Great Beer fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 11, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm surprised I like Valkyrie more than Blackbeard. The speed nerf with his tiny shield makes him a sitting duck, but Val's cameras are awesome.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
Yeah everyone who can play as the new ops please tell us which is the Frost and which is the Buck

edit: my st patty's day skin is gone :mad:

edgar_ fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 11, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

edgar_ posted:

Yeah everyone who can play as the new ops please tell us which is the Frost and which is the Buck

Shockingly, Frost and Buck are both good now, and so are the two new operators.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Shockingly, Frost and Buck are both good now, and so are the two new operators.

Frost was always good, to the point of being OP until they nerfed her shotgun a bit.

The first few weeks of Frost was amazing with her traps, catching everyone..

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

diapermeat posted:

Frost was always good, to the point of being OP until they nerfed her shotgun a bit.

Yes, I'm aware. Frost was amazing at launch and Buck was not, hence edgar_'s comment. :v:

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Blackbeard is amaaaaaaaaaazing. They maybe should reduce his accuracy with the shield on because his AR is laser accurate.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just had an enemy shoot my legs from the other side of a wall they were clipping through, which shouldn't be possible. :/

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Amount of weaponcharms seen so far: 0

Also looking inside a building from very far away from outside gives you literarly a white wall (Happend on consulate (Day))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Also it boggles my mind that they wouldn't make Frost and Buck cheaper now that the new ones are out.

• Locked thread