Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Tenebrais posted:

What if, one day, there is a story with supernatural elements where someone doesn't have that theory.

Outlandish, I know, but I still have hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tenebrais posted:

What if, one day, there is a story with supernatural elements where someone doesn't have that theory.
Someone always has that theory.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tenebrais posted:

Also just to put this to bed.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mazerunner posted:

Dude, what if... hang on, think about it, what if, Dude, what if Hijack was possessing himself, man :350:

Blackheart posted:

He'll do that when he needs to fight beyond his limits.

For whatever reason this made me think of Spender being on the losing side of a fight, even after using Spirit Fusion, and then trying to do a Double-Spirit Fusion with the darkness spirit and Lucifer at the same time. And then it just turns out he has power over just kinda dim light, like light from a really overcast day, because combined his two spirits' powers just cancel out into something really lame.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Tenebrais posted:

We all dream and hope, but salvation will never truly come.

Edit: I also cannot believe I just only just realized that Max and Isabel are referencing one of the best pages of paranatural.

VerdantSquire fucked around with this message at 00:21 on May 10, 2016

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
the chapter intro page had all three of these teachers portrayed as puppets so i'm guessing hijack is controlling all of them

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

It would turn out that you had just hit your head and BELIEVED no one had that theory, they totally did.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

No, guys, I played this game Link's Awakening, and I have some ideas about this story now

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Update: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-118/

alt text: whichever teacher brings the rolly tv in and tries to make us watch shrek or finding nemo is our guy

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"Spender-senpai noticed me!"

Also soda-stealing Garcia is the best, and I love that theoretical-Hijack-Starchman already hosed up before not knowing math, because Starchman isn't even the math teacher.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Has splitting up ever been a good idea for any reason ever at all?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I refuse to believe there's a kid even more anime than Isaac in the school.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Simsmagic posted:

alt text: whichever teacher brings the rolly tv in and tries to make us watch shrek or finding nemo is our guy

Both Garcia and Baxter seem the type to dust off the TV with minimal provocation tbh

My form teacher in highschool was an ex cheerleader, so rather than shrek or whatever we always got Bring It On :suicide:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Not sure why Spender thinks Hijack can't teach a class. I mean that's a pretty big assumption to make.

But eh, pushing the narrative forward is a good thing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Could you teach a middle school class? Right now, I mean. You have thirty minutes to prepare and you can't ask anyone for help or you'll be thrown in prison. If you can't do it so well that you are indistinguishable for the person who does it for a living, you will also be thrown in prison.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You'd best start believing

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I dunno, there was that kid with Yu-Gi-Oh hair, he probably comes close.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Not sure why Spender thinks Hijack can't teach a class.

Hijack was barely able to stay in character as Jeff.

What makes you think he can teach a middle class.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ariong posted:

Could you teach a middle school class? Right now, I mean. You have thirty minutes to prepare and you can't ask anyone for help or you'll be thrown in prison. If you can't do it so well that you are indistinguishable for the person who does it for a living, you will also be thrown in prison.

yeah probably

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Ariong posted:

Fair point. I believe I could, but giving it more thought, it probably wouldn't mesh well with the previous days class and it would be disjointed and obvious.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/729777067861131265

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/729777518090330115

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/482349716404203520

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Okay I think the spirit is definitely in Spender, no way would he say something nice to Isaac.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

His plan does sound surprisingly sound by Spender standards. But

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Ariong posted:

This, my friend, is why worksheets were invented.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Maduo posted:

Okay I think the spirit is definitely in Spender, no way would he say something nice to Isaac.

This makes a disturbing amount of sense. It has to be Spender or Starchman, since the tell for Hijack was the eyes before.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Who What Now posted:

Has splitting up ever been a good idea for any reason ever at all?

It is for Hijack

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Hijack's special effects give me a vague impression that he can only ride people suffering emotional turmoil. So, Spender probably.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

Hijack's special effects give me a vague impression that he can only ride people suffering emotional turmoil. So, Spender probably.

except he was possessing a dog at the start and i'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a dog in emotional turmoil

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Counterpoint: It was a dachshund. That's all the turmoil it needs.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

President Ark posted:

except he was possessing a dog at the start and i'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a dog in emotional turmoil
Counterpoint: Any dog who has realised you're not going to give them any of your steak.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

my favorite little detail in this comic is the idea that hijack realizes that he doesnt know what starchman teaches, so he defaults to simple math instead of english

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Maduo posted:

That makes a lot of sense. Poor Isaac, he probably won't take that reveal well.

I still think it could be the principal though, if only by virtue of the fact that no one's considering her in-comic.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the spirit was in all of us, all along

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The real spirit was the friends we made along the way.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
issac is gonna be fuckin crushed when he realizes the Spender who paid him a compliment was a fake

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Splicer posted:

Counterpoint: Any dog who has realised you're not going to give them any of your steak.

Poison Mushroom posted:

you're both wrong, the correct answer was "someone just told it that it wasn't a good boy", F- see me after class

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Maybe it's one of those dogs that sometimes gets scared by its own farts.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

Only when they're trying to do... well, anything.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Fecha posted:

Maybe it's one of those dogs that sometimes gets scared by its own farts.

Is this the face of a dog that gets scared by its own farts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

President Ark posted:

Counterpoint:

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 11, 2016