Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonatir
Apr 9, 2010
Requesting an invite, ingame name Arbitae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Jonatir posted:

Requesting an invite, ingame name Arbitae

Request granted.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Trying this out, ingame name Comic. I also hosed up and went the fishing route instead of woodcutting oops. :eng99:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Comic posted:

Trying this out, ingame name Comic. I also hosed up and went the fishing route instead of woodcutting oops. :eng99:

Invited. It really doesn't seem like a problem which of the "starter" quests you do, honestly.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

We're only 550k behind ATF, I wonder how mad they'll get and/or how many times we get accused of cheating once we pass them in the next few days.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Comic posted:

Don't worry, I did too. You can still do all the quests, the only thing the starting one gives you is newbie equipment for your chosen skill. And we have plenty of newbie equipment, for any skill, in our storage shed for you to use if you decide you want to do something other than fish.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Holy poo poo someone actually good at this game was carrying all their valuables around on their character (why??? Maybe they were quitting and this was their way of trashing all their stuff?) and then died to a bear or something because look what I woke up to in my inventory! It's better than Christmas!

(Some of that stuff is mine, mostly the food, but it should be pretty obvious what super definitely isn't.)

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
Owl forest takes, owl forest provides.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Another good reason to go Combat. Plunder pubbies belongings without getting banned. Nice Haul.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Chunjee posted:

Another good reason to go Combat. Plunder pubbies belongings without getting banned. Nice Haul.

The amazing part is that the only way that that can happen is if someone dies in combat... and in the beta interface, you literally can't die in combat. So it's someone who's good at the game and has been playing for a while who never bothered to switch over to the beta. It's beautiful.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
As a heads up to everyone, it is your solemn duty to screencap ATF tears when we pass them. I will be so, so unhappy if I'm not on when it happens and no one captures it for posterity.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Horking Delight posted:

Holy poo poo someone actually good at this game was carrying all their valuables around on their character (why??? Maybe they were quitting and this was their way of trashing all their stuff?) and then died to a bear or something because look what I woke up to in my inventory! It's better than Christmas!

(Some of that stuff is mine, mostly the food, but it should be pretty obvious what super definitely isn't.)

:stare:

That's a lot of sparkly festive poo poo, hot drat.

Magres posted:

As a heads up to everyone, it is your solemn duty to screencap ATF tears when we pass them. I will be so, so unhappy if I'm not on when it happens and no one captures it for posterity.

Not emptyquoting

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

There is a lot of nice poo poo in that dump! Hail cone err scone err :bird:!

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

We're still trying to figure out if it was suicide (someone deliberately losing all their stuff before they quit) or what. And, barring that, WHO? The community's small enough we can try to narrow it down:

Low enough combat to afk-die to bears
An old account (holiday stuff)
Speed 30+ (ice skates)
Cooking 40+ (Alluvium frying pan)
Fishing 15+ (Steel shovel)
Tailoring 40+ (Alluvium shears -- but they had some steel ones too, so maybe just close to 40?)
Woodcutting 10- (Iron Hatchet)
Alchemy 20+ (Mystic Mortar and Pestle)

EDIT: Haha I have no idea

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 7, 2016

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
I'll try it out. I'm Mrit.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Mrit posted:

I'll try it out. I'm Mrit.

invite is sent!

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Chunjee posted:

Grab SA Smilies for the Web

Because all the images are encoded in the script itself, this file is quite large.

Ok, it looks like this is spamming Grumpy's logs with errors and he's throwing out bans for it. He's made it known that he doesn't want it to be used, so don't use it.

edit: I was as dumb as someone getting pissy about being told that using lovely scripts for lovely smilies. Links edited out. :P

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 10, 2016

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Went to talk with Grump; had yet another less than useful experience.

lowtax these smilies are ugly; clean your poo poo up! :yoshi: :coolspot: :hurr:

Edit: Don't see how any of this is impacting his logs. But getting any helpful communication is like pulling teeth.

Edit2: I guess Mrit is unbanned.

Chunjee fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 8, 2016

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Coffeehitler posted:

Ok, it looks like this is spamming Grumpy's logs with errors and he's throwing out bans for it. He's made it known that he doesn't want it to be used, so don't use it.

Unless the site is down, I think I have been blocked for using it. :(

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

You should be good now.

quote:

16:13:04 To Grumpy : Mrit is saying he cannot access the site
16:14:06 From Grumpy : did he turn the script off? his IP is still banned
16:15:45 To Grumpy : well I'm sure he turned it off because the whole guild is on fire but I don't know him personally
16:15:56 From Grumpy : let me check
16:16:44 From Grumpy : looks good, I unbanned Mrit
16:17:01 To Grumpy : Do you really do not want us using our own emotes>?
16:17:14 From Grumpy : not really, and I definitely don't want you guys spamming my logs
16:17:55 To Grumpy : to be clear. you have a problem with our emotes?
16:18:14 From Grumpy : I have a problem with you guys modifying my game
16:18:19 To Grumpy : I'm sure there is a solution to logs if we communicate
16:23:17 To Grumpy : can you unbann someone named "Gan" too?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Apparently log filtering and marking things from error down to warn is not a logical option.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
E: I am bad and wrong

Magres fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 8, 2016

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Magres posted:

E: I am bad and wrong

editing my post then

Magres posted:

I'm almost positive he said it was fine before. It's complete crap to ban people without warning for using a script you said was fine because you've changed your mind (and changed your mind because your code is bad).

Suddenly I'm seeing why this game's community is trash.

A lot of games are not okay with you running 3rd party scripts of any kind. It's pretty common, mostly because you could make a script "mundane" and they throw a bot into it and everyone could go "oh I didn't know"!

pixaal fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 8, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I also misunderstood the situation wholly and had mixed up the botcheck timer (which Grumpy is fine with) with the smilies script (which he is not) and thought people were getting banned for using a script Grumpy had OKed, which is not the case.

As stated, I am bad and wrong.

Magres fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 8, 2016

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Chunjee posted:

You should be good now.

Thanks! So... is there anything you would like me to focus on? Just chopping trees and working on magic in the mean time.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Could we possibly have anyone whose quoted that emote script at least edit out the links to it, along with the OP? It's at least a proactive move to stop newbies from reading the whole thread and using that thing and getting banned for now.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Woohoo! Someone sold me 24 Alluvium Dirks on the marketplace. I just put up a buy-order for 250 on double the vendor buy price so hopefully I can get us some more.

Krynn
Dec 12, 2005
Professional Lurker
Just started playing this game, but starting with fishing seems to have been a mistake. In as krynn, if I could get a guild invite.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Krynn posted:

Just started playing this game, but starting with fishing seems to have been a mistake. In as krynn, if I could get a guild invite.

Invited so we have something to be Champions of. Sadly though, there are neither Dark Queens nor Death Knights. :v:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If you haven't been checking out the high score list, we're just one rank below ATF, the guild that hates us just for having a large amount of new players.

We should surpass them sometime tomorrow. Maybe tonight if we're lucky.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Unguided posted:

If you haven't been checking out the high score list, we're just one rank below ATF, the guild that hates us just for having a large amount of new players.

We should surpass them sometime tomorrow. Maybe tonight if we're lucky.

Look at that xp, it's 4 times higher than any other guild.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Legacy's the one that hates us for being big. All in the Family (ATF) hates us for being a gay cult (really).

Oh my god. Instead of handing out pies to celebrate, we should hand out rainbow fruit pride packs. Cherry, Orange, Lemon, Lime, A BLUE SKIRT (I couldn't think of any blue foods) ,and then Lavendar to finish it off.

Real Pride season is summer, isn't it? How long will it take us to reach top 50?

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 11, 2016

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

We're still two million xp from 50th. None of the people in that space apart from ATF are growing particularly fast, so probably a couple of weeks.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
when I level Speed (currently lvl 10), should I wear armor? Or do I have to protect me in a certain way?
Because the manuals says
"Quite possibly the most dangerous skill in the game, speed has it all. Walk to your heart's content, avoid getting eaten by terrifying monsters and stay clear of the molten lava."

So can I get hosed by RNG and eaten by a giant Toad or sth like that?

Oh and we will catch ATF soon
64 All In The Family (*ATF*) 24 19 77 7,833,986 +10,940
65 Bird Squad (:bird:) 125 80 77 7,820,369 +56,722
:dance:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
:grin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

:bird:

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Mr.PayDay posted:

when I level Speed (currently lvl 10), should I wear armor? Or do I have to protect me in a certain way?
Because the manuals says
"Quite possibly the most dangerous skill in the game, speed has it all. Walk to your heart's content, avoid getting eaten by terrifying monsters and stay clear of the molten lava."

So can I get hosed by RNG and eaten by a giant Toad or sth like that?

Oh and we will catch ATF soon
64 All In The Family (*ATF*) 24 19 77 7,833,986 +10,940
65 Bird Squad (:bird:) 125 80 77 7,820,369 +56,722
:dance:

Speed is not dangerous. That's just flavor text.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Uneventful. To be fair it was quite early in the morning. 3:00~ish AM (PST) I think.

Please post anything good; chatlogs are complete trash and seemingly anything external gets you banned. gg

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Chunjee posted:

Please post anything good; chatlogs are complete trash and seemingly anything external gets you banned. gg

On one hand I understand that it's easier to just water chat down into nothing so moderating it is super simple, but on the other hand that's the shittiest way to build community. It's just a bunch of emotes about how people want to give grumpy coffee or that they are a cat or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Eldercain posted:

On one hand I understand that it's easier to just water chat down into nothing so moderating it is super simple, but on the other hand that's the shittiest way to build community. It's just a bunch of emotes about how people want to give grumpy coffee or that they are a cat or whatever.

:headbang: