Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

Dox023 posted:

I'm going to be doing the missions to get the permanent event flag here in a couple days. What would be the best low tier DD to get the ten torpedo hits with?

I just used a langley but I like carrier play :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Probably a lower tier Russian DD for sheer numbers. Unrelated, captain skill level 4 on a St. Louis, I'm thinking Demolitions Expert?

Genaro
Sep 22, 2011

Dox023 posted:

I'm going to be doing the missions to get the permanent event flag here in a couple days. What would be the best low tier DD to get the ten torpedo hits with?

A carrier. Although Umikaze or any of the <T5 IJN DDs should do it, since people haven't really figured out how to turn their ship every so often to avoid max range torps

chris00nj
May 8, 2016
WOWS is one of those easy-to-learn, difficult-to-master games. Finally got a top notch game with the Hatsuharu by staying out of sight and firing torpedeos from a distance, but using guns when needed. My previous best base XP was 2095.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
is it just me or does the aoba have a comically oversized citadel hitbox?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

padijun posted:

is it just me or does the aoba have a comically oversized citadel hitbox?

Welcome to IJN cruiser life.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I think I'm done with the Admiral Hipper and AP cruisers in general. At higher tiers, its not as easy to find easy, broadside targets. If I want to wait and search for nice fat broadsides, I would just play a BB. If I want to specialize in smashing DDs, I would pick USN or Russian (and actually the Yorck is much better than Hipper for that). That and the lack of concealment that an IJN Cruiser or New Orleans has makes it not a good time so I've unlocked the Roon but I won't be progressing. I'm just not seeing the appeal of the high tier German Cruiser gameplay, and this is coming from someone who thinks Konigsberg is one of the best ships per tier in the game.

I might go back to the Russian Cruiser tree and get the Schchors, but i've heard some bad reports of the Chappy and esp its HE rounds basically doing no damage.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

kaesarsosei posted:

I think I'm done with the Admiral Hipper and AP cruisers in general. At higher tiers, its not as easy to find easy, broadside targets. If I want to wait and search for nice fat broadsides, I would just play a BB. If I want to specialize in smashing DDs, I would pick USN or Russian (and actually the Yorck is much better than Hipper for that). That and the lack of concealment that an IJN Cruiser or New Orleans has makes it not a good time so I've unlocked the Roon but I won't be progressing. I'm just not seeing the appeal of the high tier German Cruiser gameplay, and this is coming from someone who thinks Konigsberg is one of the best ships per tier in the game.

I might go back to the Russian Cruiser tree and get the Schchors, but i've heard some bad reports of the Chappy and esp its HE rounds basically doing no damage.

Some folks in in Discord, Vendrell (forgot his SA handle) comes to mind specifically, says the Roon is clear, unambiguous, upgrade from the Hipper. I've also played the Hindenburg on the test server and that wrecks face, ~7000 hits with AP to high tier battleships. I do have a Zao and mostly use HE for the fire chance.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Dox023 posted:

I'm a strong Sampson advocate. 5km torps at T2 (5.5km detectability I think) with reasonable guns. just sail toward a S.Carolina or Kawachi and you'll get at least 4.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Dox023 posted:

-buy derzki
-suicide torp into a BB
-if you survive, repeat until 10 hits, likely only need 1-2 BBs
-sell derzki

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Pacra posted:

-sell derpski

a good decision

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Pacra posted:

-buy derzki
-suicide torp into a BB
-if you survive, repeat until 10 hits, likely only need 1-2 BBs
-sell derzki

If you get the Solomons map as a Derzki just haul rear end to either end of the big island at the start of the match and lurk just around the corner ready to cropdust them with torpedoes. It even works once in a while.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
To go with the chat about the hindenburg, flamu posted some vids on it that shows some promise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f84wHZawfw

This one is a test of the Hindenburg's aa and the Des Moines' aa. The victor actually goes to the hindenburg for just melting face. Now, your first reaction is going to be the laugh at him facing off against 10 t4 carriers. However, the des moines didn't even get a single kill in before the he was surrounded by torp bombers that melted him off on the second wave. On the other hand, the hindenburg mopped most of the first wave off before they could even drop their torps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9M2TwZ4vb0

The other video is a test on people talking about the last patch messing with the hindenburg's ability to citadel. So, a live fire test is enacted and he rolls citadels no problem. He also rolls BB faces even when they are nose on to him so it seems to be a pretty solid cruiser as well. Don't forget the german sonar feature as well.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Some really bad opinions ITT about the Derzki. You guys are starting to sound like Jingles.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Derzki is the high point in the line up until the Ognevoi, it's like a low tier Kitakami that actually works

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
I have a grems and it spoiled the whole Russian DD line for me.
Going back to 4km tops is a real killer.

Currently grinding the cruiser line to get a concealment expert captain into the grems, this got to be one of the top seal clubbing boat.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Krogort posted:

I have a grems and it spoiled the whole Russian DD line for me.
Going back to 4km tops is a real killer.

Currently grinding the cruiser line to get a concealment expert captain into the grems, this got to be one of the top seal clubbing boat.

Gremyaschy is pretty much the deadliest destroyer at its tier, I'm gonna laugh when it finally goes up for sale on the premium ship store for like 40 bucks.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
The two ships i want most are Gremmy and Imperator Nik. The Gremmy because if its basically a Russian DD with IJN torps then its the most OP ship in mid-tiers. And the Imperator because it looks great - the turrets actually look oversized. I will probably also get the Molotov when it comes (I don't like Murmansk/Omaha gameplay).

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

JuffoWup posted:

To go with the chat about the hindenburg, flamu posted some vids on it that shows some promise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f84wHZawfw

This one is a test of the Hindenburg's aa and the Des Moines' aa. The victor actually goes to the hindenburg for just melting face. Now, your first reaction is going to be the laugh at him facing off against 10 t4 carriers. However, the des moines didn't even get a single kill in before the he was surrounded by torp bombers that melted him off on the second wave. On the other hand, the hindenburg mopped most of the first wave off before they could even drop their torps.

AA is random damage. The Des Moines has superior AA, but it can always roll low for damage and the Hindenburg can roll high. That's how AA is.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Are minimap mods, the ones that have the ship name on the map, and smoke circles not in 5.5 yet?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
According to what I've read on aslain.com, there was a total of one person making the lone minimap mod available for WoWs, and he (Kvalme) quit working on it due to some NDA or developer restriction/have to sign up or register mod with Wargaming/other non-specified bullshit. So basically the dude just said fuckit and stopped working on it due to :shrug: . Supposedly some of the features the mod had will become built-in when 0.5.6 shows up.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Finally had some good rounds in the Kirov. The trick really is to stay at long range and run the gently caress away as soon as anyone starts firing at you.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

MREBoy posted:

According to what I've read on aslain.com, there was a total of one person making the lone minimap mod available for WoWs, and he (Kvalme) quit working on it due to some NDA or developer restriction/have to sign up or register mod with Wargaming/other non-specified bullshit. So basically the dude just said fuckit and stopped working on it due to :shrug: . Supposedly some of the features the mod had will become built-in when 0.5.6 shows up.

I was starting to design a mod, that would give you your current detection range as well as your detection range when you fired, taking into account equipment and commander skills. But apparently that's being incorporated into 0.5.6 anyway, so I said gently caress it as well.

Bobatron
May 12, 2007

let me tell you of a
place called Cylesborgia,
where robosexuals and
lesbians live together
in harmony :roboluv:
Would it be possible to design a mod that tracked when enemy ships fired and the reload for each of the cannons on the enemy ships and put a reload timer over each cannon/turret in the main battery. Might not be useful for tracking on cruisers but it would be valuable for battleships. You could accurately time turns so that you were angled at the right moment.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

kaesarsosei posted:

The two ships i want most are Gremmy and Imperator Nik. The Gremmy because if its basically a Russian DD with IJN torps then its the most OP ship in mid-tiers. And the Imperator because it looks great - the turrets actually look oversized. I will probably also get the Molotov when it comes (I don't like Murmansk/Omaha gameplay).

They won't sell the hilariously overpowered Imperator Nikolai again, unless it gets significantly nerfed.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Pacra posted:

They won't sell the hilariously overpowered Imperator Nikolai again, unless it gets significantly nerfed.

I'm so glad I bought that ship when it was out. Such a beautiful tier 4 battleship.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

JuffoWup posted:

I'm so glad I bought that ship when it was out. Such a beautiful tier 4 battleship.

It is indeed a really nice looking boat.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
!!!
leaks for next patch say Furutaka is getting a new C hull that changes its single turrets to double turrets.

If that's true, Furutaka is going to be insane at T5.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

It is indeed a really nice looking boat.

Pretty functional too. I had a game a couple days ago where an enemy in an ark beta cried all game about my overpowered armor as I kept punching holes in him while he kept bouncing off me.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hazdoc posted:

!!!
leaks for next patch say Furutaka is getting a new C hull that changes its single turrets to double turrets.

If that's true, Furutaka is going to be insane at T5.

Historically the Furutaka traded its 6 single turrets in for 3 double turrets, so less insane, more solidifying that it's better at tier than the Aoba, unless they're going a-historical.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Some leaks for 0.5.6 are out: here.

Mostly AA changes, and there's some stuff that's not captured in this dump (like the NC/Iowa/Montana accuracy buff).

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hmm, are they saying the nurn c hull wont have fighter? Might want to get out of the ship before patch I guess.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'm just incredulous they're nerfing T9-10 IJN AA that much. I mean, it's already lackluster against planes at that tier already, and they're making it even worse? It's an incredibly unneeded change.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JuffoWup posted:

Hmm, are they saying the nurn c hull wont have fighter? Might want to get out of the ship before patch I guess.

No need to rush, the C hull is new, you can research the C hull on the way to the Yorck for no extra XP than it costs now, but stick to sailing with the unchanged B hull.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
Got 18th in the tier IV BB contest last weekend.

This weekend's contest is the highest damage in a single battle in a Minekaze or Omaha. There is also a side contest in the thread for guessing what the top player will have for damage. Spent today retraining a 15 pt captain in my Omaha and only got 101,000 as my highest. Omaha feels a lot different than it was a few patches ago (Murmansk will always be better).

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Introduction of the Konigsberg and buffs to the Furutaka will do that

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Some kind fella on Reddit produced this comparison of Pensa, Indianapolis and New Orleans:

The Indy compares very favourably to the NO, but is a Tier lower. IMO this ship will be the best T7 cruiser when it gets released. I already thought the Pensa was underrated and this basically removes its only weakness (high visibility).

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Pretty sure the Pensacola is going to be dropped down to tier 6 once the split happens, it's both too weak and historically nothing came between it and the old armored cruisers, and the Indianapolis will need to be compared to the Northampton

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 12, 2016

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

NTRabbit posted:

No need to rush, the C hull is new, you can research the C hull on the way to the Yorck for no extra XP than it costs now, but stick to sailing with the unchanged B hull.

What is this statement based on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

jownzy posted:

What is this statement based on?

The fact that the Nurnberg currently only has an A and B hull, the patch notes leak says it's a new C hull, and there's no mention of any changes to the A or B hull