Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

sbaldrick posted:

I love the idea of a company just going "crazy people happen, it's cheaper to deal with them this way"

Honestly it was a pretty good plan, and the activities they had set up for them looked really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
What was the song playing during Stan's basement photography bit? It sounded really familiar.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Change, by the Deftones.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I really want to visit the Noah Experience now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

For some reason God is piloting a Naboo fighter from Episode I.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Capn Beeb posted:

What was the song playing during Stan's basement photography bit? It sounded really familiar.

I actually expected it to be Criminal.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

I was like 'holy poo poo, Deftones!', I don't think I've heard that song in 10 years.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The visuals during the deconstructing of the Bible stories were pretty ambitious, gotta give them a hand for doing something in a different style.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I actually expected it to be Criminal.

Yea the video montage was like the music video. I think the fact that I immediately recognized this makes me old.

ClassH fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 11, 2016

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Neeksy posted:

The visuals during the deconstructing of the Bible stories were pretty ambitious, gotta give them a hand for doing something in a different style.

they've did something similar with the story of oliver north

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Whorelord posted:

they've did something similar with the story of oliver north

There was also that really graphic sequence in the Vietnam War reenactment episode.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

SeANMcBAY posted:

There was also that really graphic sequence in the Vietnam War reenactment episode.

I loved the art from Rapture's Delight

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

American Dad's always had some great art shifts when the time or reason calls for it. Dungeons and Wagons had a pretty cool one for the b-plot with Steve and Jeff and MMORPGs way back in the early seasons.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Mister Kingdom posted:

I loved the art from Rapture's Delight

rapture's delight is such a great episode

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

You Are A Elf posted:

American Dad's always had some great art shifts when the time or reason calls for it. Dungeons and Wagons had a pretty cool one for the b-plot with Steve and Jeff and MMORPGs way back in the early seasons.

I loved the animation shift in Dungeons and Wagons.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Everything about that episode was great. Although it was pretty obvious the writers had never actually played an MMO.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kwyndig posted:

Everything about that episode was great. Although it was pretty obvious the writers had never actually played an MMO.

That's been the case with pretty much all MMO episodes ever made, and most videogame episodes in general

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

drrockso20 posted:

That's been the case with pretty much all MMO episodes ever made, and most videogame episodes in general

Actually the anime Log Horizon feels really MMO at the start, albeit one designed by a crazy person and with a decade's worth of expansion cruft attached to it (there's a character who has Princess as one of her classes).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Actually the anime Log Horizon feels really MMO at the start, albeit one designed by a crazy person and with a decade's worth of expansion cruft attached to it (there's a character who has Princess as one of her classes).

Well I meant for Western stuff, Japanese stuff is generally better in that area

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

drrockso20 posted:

Well I meant for Western stuff, Japanese stuff is generally better in that area

I am laughing hard right now. Most people who work on Japanese stuff have never played those games either. I mean, the most popular faux MMO property in Japan is Sword Art Online which was created by a guy who not only has never played an MMO, he seems to grossly misinterpret everything anybody has ever told him about the genre. I mean, the first world the main character Mary Sue gets stuck in with a thousand other players ( :lol: ) doesn't even have re-spawning monsters in it. At least two of the worlds don't even have character customization, instead just assigning you random avatars. Basically, it's dumb all the way down.

That said, it is more likely to find something that actually feels genuine in Japanese stuff, yeah, although most of the stuff JP gamers play tends to be F2P grindfest garbage.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

drrockso20 posted:

The South Park episode of World of Warcraft is pretty spot on.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The South Park episode of World of Warcraft is pretty spot on.

That's an exception to the rules, and even that one gets things wrong

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

Whorelord posted:

rapture's delight is such a great episode

It's the type of episode that if I randomly catch it on I'll sit and watch it even though I've already seen it a dozen times.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they have played mmos they are just deliberately misrepresenting them for narrative purposes

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
1) the UK is showing the latest season on the Thursday after the US showing on Mondays.

2) there was no Kowalski in the '84 Miami Dolphins! <:mad:>

3) the writing on Snotron's Place and Barry's laundry is written in aurabesh (from Star Wars)and is like 95% accurate.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

6-year plan man posted:

It's the type of episode that if I randomly catch it on I'll sit and watch it even though I've already seen it a dozen times.

For me that's every episode of American Dad and every Simpsons up to season 11.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

drrockso20 posted:

That's an exception to the rules, and even that one gets things wrong

:spergin: really?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh oh, the Edgar Wright editing shot was really good too.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I just saw the episode with all of the Roger personas. Amazing. A+

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Norm MacDonald's Pokemon sketch was pretty good and shockingly accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER6lPaxhWeA

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arbite posted:

Norm MacDonald's Pokemon sketch was pretty good and shockingly accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER6lPaxhWeA

"Fantasy: good, reality: bad"

Yeah, this all checks out.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
See, the problem is that in the :airquote:real world:airquote: things often suck.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
my real world is pretty alright actually, bud

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Floor spaghetti.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MON MAY 16
Daesong Heavy Industries II: Return to Innocence
(Season 13, Episode 16)

All are separated after a ship explodes. Here, Stan and Francine lose their memories and must live on an island, and Roger and Steve try to survive on a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean.

I'm excited. :allears:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

This sounds good.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Switched this latest episode off after the first five minutes. I might give it another chance later, but I hate militant atheist preachiness as much as I hate religious right preachiness, so...not really impressed.

RC Cola posted:

I just saw the episode with all of the Roger personas. Amazing. A+

Now that was an episode that should have been a multi-part one.

And needed more ~RICKY SPANISSSSSH~

Majorian fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 16, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Majorian posted:

Switched this latest episode off after the first five minutes. I might give it another chance later, but I hate militant atheist preachiness as much as I hate religious right preachiness, so...not really impressed.

Now that was an episode that should have been a multi-part one.

And needed more ~RICKY SPANISSSSSH~

You thought that episode was somehow anti-God? Please, enlighten me.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

cheerfullydrab posted:

You thought that episode was somehow anti-God? Please, enlighten me.

Well, again, I only saw the first 5-10 minutes. It sounds like it makes a left turn in there, though. Up to that point, it felt like it was going to be another "Not All Dogs Go To Heaven," which I have no interest in seeing. Glad to hear it's not, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

American Dad doesn't like to stay on a single rail for long.