Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Headband flahslight to check what's up in some lovely corner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Gravel Gravy posted:

So some advice, what are 5 items I should make sure to have in a new home.

I have a plunger, a ratchet set, and a screwdriver set already.

gun

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Multiple use ankle length gloves resistant to basic acids and poo poo

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

You would risk giving vb business.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Safety goggles and knee pads

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

A good flashlight isn't a bad idea if you don't have one. Oh yeah, fire extinguisher!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh and buy some plant to have something green indoors

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
for the foyer

http://www.amazon.com/Pokers-Dogs-Playing-Cards-Coolidge/dp/B00VFZ22RS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1462933357&sr=8-4&keywords=dogs+playing+poker

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Money tree is a good option for lazy, you don't have to put much effort into maintenance

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
god i love bulgari so much i just spent money on music for the first time since i bought a linkin park album

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

nutranurse posted:

god i love bulgari so much i just spent money on music for the first time since i bought a linkin park album

there is so much going on here

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

there is so much going on here

a good copywriter can cram several messages into one sentence

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Woulda been cool if the dad was still around to see his first two actually start doing poo poo. That woulda been handy too.

nutranurse posted:

The highlight of this post is you bought a linkin park album.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

nutranurse posted:

a good copywriter can cram several messages into one sentence

a+

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Gravel Gravy posted:

The highlight of this post is you bought a linkin park album.

middle schoolers arent known for their good judgement

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

nutranurse posted:

middle schoolers arent known for their good judgement

True, I bought an Everlast album in middle school. But I returned it immediately because it had foul language.

I blame Target, couldn't they say the explicit content sticker clearly on the album cover?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i bought two starters for a dead tcg on sunday and they come in tomorrow and i have to come home after work long enough to grab them and some sleeves and then head back to the shop bc my gm invited me to come play games after work

so look at me

doing social interaction

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Also fun in WV: the likely nominee to take on vulnerable WV-2 incumbent Alex Mooney once paid a crazy nutter sci-religious group to try to clone his baby: http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=132657

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

:smug: I bought a the pillows album my 8th grade year

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Literally The Worst posted:

i bought two starters for a dead tcg on sunday and they come in tomorrow and i have to come home after work long enough to grab them and some sleeves and then head back to the shop bc my gm invited me to come play games after work

so look at me

doing social interaction

You should social less and post more.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Keanu was a fun film

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Literally The Worst posted:

so look at me

doing social interaction

corn in the bible posted:

Keanu was a fun film

i still need to see that

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i33WRZaRwaA&t=30s

Guess why I laugh.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I got an email from one of my professors suggesting I do the second level of Stats this fall. That's a grad level course. Is there anyone here that has taken a grad course during undergrad that could weigh in?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I got an email from one of my professors suggesting I do the second level of Stats this fall. That's a grad level course. Is there anyone here that has taken a grad course during undergrad that could weigh in?

do it, undergrad is a waste of time for the most part.

<--- took grad level classical history courses. i've seen papyrus scrolls like youve never seen

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

i was main the bitch boy for my prof tho. it was fun despite that.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I'd say sure, probably. I did some grad level courses during undergrad. Definitely not stats, but I hate stats, while it sounds like you might not, so. Give it a shot.:)

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

I'd say sure, probably. I did some grad level courses during undergrad. Definitely not stats, but I hate stats, while it sounds like you might not, so. Give it a shot.:)

nutranurse posted:

do it, undergrad is a waste of time for the most part.

<--- took grad level classical history courses. i've seen papyrus scrolls like youve never seen

These replies plus the whole boost for grad applications have convinced me to do it. She should get my reply at 8 am tomorrow :)

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
cliven bundy is suing harry reid and obama from jail

Following the legal and constitutional stand-off, whereby Plaintiff BUNDY, his sons and other family members and supporters exercised their Second Amendment right of self- defense against the government, and succeeded in having the BLM agents and representatives leave the Bundy ranch unharmed, Plaintiff BUNDY publically equated his and his family’s situation to the plight of “Negroes” in the old South, whereby they were enslaved by a tyrannical government as he and his family believed they were given the threats and violent attacks on his family members, his cattle and the Bundy’s supporters. He chose the word “Negro” believing that this was a proper term for African-Americans, having looked up the word in Webster’s dictionary. He meant no disrespect and insult to African-Americans, particularly since he was equating his and his family’s plight with them. Indeed, the Reverend Martin Luther King referred to his people as “Negroes” and he is recognized as the greatest African-American civil rights leader in American history.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

These replies plus the whole boost for grad applications have convinced me to do it. She should get my reply at 8 am tomorrow :)

lol you want to go to grad school

the foolishness of youth

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Also a lot of Undergrad does feel like jumping through hoops NN. Like I'm doing to majors and two minors while keeping a GPA above 3.4, but I feel like I am not guaranteed poo poo since I'm not STEM (well, I am but Sociology is considered soft science)

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

lol you want to go to grad school

the foolishness of youth

:downs:My research will influence the world for the better:downs:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

stellaris is really good

civil war was also good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jagchosis posted:

i still need to see that

it's good

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Jagchosis posted:

cliven bundy is suing harry reid and obama from jail

Following the legal and constitutional stand-off, whereby Plaintiff BUNDY, his sons and other family members and supporters exercised their Second Amendment right of self- defense against the government, and succeeded in having the BLM agents and representatives leave the Bundy ranch unharmed, Plaintiff BUNDY publically equated his and his family’s situation to the plight of “Negroes” in the old South, whereby they were enslaved by a tyrannical government as he and his family believed they were given the threats and violent attacks on his family members, his cattle and the Bundy’s supporters. He chose the word “Negro” believing that this was a proper term for African-Americans, having looked up the word in Webster’s dictionary. He meant no disrespect and insult to African-Americans, particularly since he was equating his and his family’s plight with them. Indeed, the Reverend Martin Luther King referred to his people as “Negroes” and he is recognized as the greatest African-American civil rights leader in American history.

god bless

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I want to read whatever 2nd amendment he's basing that off of because it's clearly not the one I remember

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

No sooner than this had occurred, Defendant HARRY REID, acting in concert with Defendants RORY REID and OBAMA , each and every one of them, jointly and severally, issued what in effect were public threats to and made false defamatory statements about Defendant BUNDY and his family to further his under the table negotiated deal to seize and sell the BUNDY ranch and its chattels, including any remaining cattle, for profit and/or kickbacks from the purchaser(s), some of whom were reported to be communist Chinese.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

:downs:My research will influence the world for the better:downs:

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

I don't understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I watched the first episode but I kept fading out and focusing on my phone. It'll have to wait until a week when I'm drinking

• Locked thread