Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I was just surprise-jumped by a cheater. Was invading as an Aldrich, went up to Anor Londo, when suddenly I'm bodyslammed by someone off from the side who looked like he was doing a cannonball into me, and I was instantly teleported back to Firelink.

I don't appear to have any gained or lost souls, I wasn't hit with the dragon body, and I'm not getting the invalid data warning when I restart the game. Does that mean my save file should be safe? I had forgotten to back up my file for the past couple of days and the thought of losing out on all progress on 2 PVP covenants as well as 10 Darkmoon ears is really putting me off...but not if it means I risk getting softbanned. I don't know what to do. :(

Edit: Poking through comments left on his profile and he's been cheating at DS2 as well, but the feedback seemed that it was at least in good fun? I can't tell if it was malicious cheating or not, since I only saw a single frame of the guy before I was instantly sent back to Firelink.

Cyberventurer fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

I have the red handled halberd. Doesn't seem any better for having higher requirements tbqh.

You have a singular talent.

It's the Persistence weapon art that makes people like the Red Hilted Halberd, but that's largely a PVP thing.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So with 40/40 a +10 Refined Crescent Axe (according to this calculator) can get up to 484 AR, which is competitive with the Black Knight Glaive (which can get 499 with the same level and stats but can't be infused or buffed). The ability to War Cry and then buff might give the Crescent a little edge, but the BKG has a move set that's hard to top.

Of course, if you're going to use War Cry, the BKGA commands 695 at 40/40 and has all that hyper armor it's sickening.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 11, 2016

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Speaking of cheating are there any known ps4 exploits to be aware of? I know it's more rampant on OC and I haven't run into anything but yeah

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cyberventurer posted:

If one of the butterflies are about to shoot the volley of pellets at you, you can use the fountain in the middle of the arena as cover. I don't think the laser beam move deals damage until the fire erupts from the line it carves, but the super blast might just need to be outrun.

drat that did the trick. Not only can ou use it for cover it also helps break dragonslayers charge attacks.

I...I thought the arena ended at the fountain

:negative:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If I make yuria appear and then kill her before I've actually met anri, will it gently caress up anri's quest? I want to get yuria's stuff available at the shop with no chance of doing her quest instead of anri's, but not be hollow, and do anri's quest this time

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It sounds like Dragonslayer Armor has moves I haven't seen, judging by what you guys are talking about.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
No. I was able to do Anri's quest good ending even when Yuria never ever showed up. If you want the ending, however, she HAS to live all the way.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Digirat posted:

If I make yuria appear and then kill her before I've actually met anri, will it gently caress up anri's quest? I want to get yuria's stuff available at the shop with no chance of doing her quest instead of anri's, but not be hollow, and do anri's quest this time

I am pretty sure I did exactly that, and it did not gently caress up Anri's quest. You still have to watch out for the chameleon assassin, though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Lotish posted:

It sounds like Dragonslayer Armor has moves I haven't seen, judging by what you guys are talking about.

Well charge attack as in dash durin phase two where he goes two handed

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Cyberventurer posted:

I was just surprise-jumped by a cheater. Was invading as an Aldrich, went up to Anor Londo, when suddenly I'm bodyslammed by someone off from the side who looked like he was doing a cannonball into me, and I was instantly teleported back to Firelink.

I don't appear to have any gained or lost souls, I wasn't hit with the dragon body, and I'm not getting the invalid data warning when I restart the game. Does that mean my save file should be safe? I had forgotten to back up my file for the past couple of days and the thought of losing out on all progress on 2 PVP covenants as well as 10 Darkmoon ears is really putting me off...but not if it means I risk getting softbanned. I don't know what to do. :(

Edit: Poking through comments left on his profile and he's been cheating at DS2 as well, but the feedback seemed that it was at least in good fun? I can't tell if it was malicious cheating or not, since I only saw a single frame of the guy before I was instantly sent back to Firelink.

You're probably fine.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So I'm still using storm ruler. I'm split dex and str

This is a bad choice right

Subhazard
Oct 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrxnmGSPYOg

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
~_~ Oh... I accidentally locked myself out of the hollowing mechanic this playthrough because I went to the catacombs of carthus too soon. That's... pretty annoying.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So because armor is so broken, is it a good idea to run around with the ragged mask, master's attire/gloves, and the loin cloth? Especially if you use the chaos blade, so that you become the TRUE sword master?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Digirat posted:

Yes. Killing Yuria early enough even will let you be invaded by the Londor Pale Shade in Farron Keep; if you get invaded by her both times you can get her armor.

As for Anri, make sure to kill the chameleoned pilgrim. She can still show up even if Yuria's dead, IIRC.

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)
My copy paste dark sword r1 spam build from online isn't working, it seems parrying needs a nerf ASAP. And a 1 shot kill no less, so I don't even get to chug after? Unbelievable. Amazed it got through testing.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

So because armor is so broken, is it a good idea to run around with the ragged mask, master's attire/gloves, and the loin cloth? Especially if you use the chaos blade, so that you become the TRUE sword master?

No, but it is worth mentioning that doing so is not a BAD idea by any stretch.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
On Fashion's Souls chat, here's my current and favorite pvp outfit (Morne Helm/Drang Armor/Morne's Gauntlets/Shadow Leggings). Even though I only get two light swings and a roll with my low endurance, the time you do hit will take out 1/2 to 1/3 of someone's hp. If you get off the special attack when you are at 1HP you will one-shot people, if they haven't stun-locked you to death with a straight sword :v:

Drang Armor also has a very hilarious clipping error if you squat down. It is more obvious when you're phantomed up so I always use it where I know the host can get a good view

The other outfit I am using (Pyromancer's Hat/Worker's Outfit & Gloves/Loincloth) is when I do my gimmick invasions in the swamp areas. I use a dagger to move around, great club everything to death, and squat whenever I can to honor this guy's amphibian ancestry.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Man while the soul yield is nice, investing in dragonslayer futures is almost not worth it considering how often the host dies

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
nevermind its a bad idea because pvp is literally the worst thing in dark souls 3

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
I killed Sirris for the Sunless Talisman but forgot to get Darkmoon Loyalty first. Sigh. All's I wanted was the ring anyway, so I guess I'll just live with one less spell slot.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Viperix posted:

I killed Sirris for the Sunless Talisman but forgot to get Darkmoon Loyalty first. Sigh. All's I wanted was the ring anyway, so I guess I'll just live with one less spell slot.

Does killing her get you the Silvercat Ring early? Or do you still need to use her plot triggers for that first?

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006

Section Z posted:

Does killing her get you the Silvercat Ring early? Or do you still need to use her plot triggers for that first?

It does not.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Was there a new update other than the 1.06 patch? Farron Watchdogs invasions have finally started to work for me, and they're popping up semi-frequently too.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Cyberventurer posted:

Was there a new update other than the 1.06 patch? Farron Watchdogs invasions have finally started to work for me, and they're popping up semi-frequently too.

Well poo poo, I just decided to start leveling out of that range.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Lothric Castle is really not fun so far. Those red eyed knights they put everywhere pretty much always one shot me and take almost no damage from my fully upgraded Wolnir's Holy Sword making the incredibly tedious to fight.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Lothric Castle is really not fun so far. Those red eyed knights they put everywhere pretty much always one shot me and take almost no damage from my fully upgraded Wolnir's Holy Sword making the incredibly tedious to fight.

Get more health but also kill the mages that buff them first. If they have an orange aura they take much less damage and do a lot more, and the mages will just heal them over and over.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I cannot believe you actually stuck with Wolnir's. I wanted so much to like the weapon but its Wrath of the Gods flat out sucks compared to the actual spell or Morne's.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Chasing someone down for almost 5 solid minutes, and he's doing nothing but naked rolling so absolutely nothing I can do ever reaches him, and he has more stamina than me so I can never catch up. :/

Edit: loving hell, that's three spam rollers in a row. The last one just bolted for the fog door as soon as he was losing. I hate not being able to do anything against this yet somehow never able to do it myself when someone's invading me.

Cyberventurer fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 11, 2016

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Untended Graves is the most intriguing area in the game to me. It seems to be in the abyss, and it's in a different time (in my opinion, the future). There are several mysteries, like the ring left behind by the queen. In the regular shrine, there's also the soul of a firekeeper who traveled to the abyss.

Accurately predicting DLC is practically impossible, but it's fun to speculate. I'm starting to think that, like DS1, the DLC will be an abyss-themed time travel expansion. You meet that firekeeper who left for the abyss, and maybe she's trapped there, which prevents her from meeting Gundyr (the "ensuing tragic farce") and needs rescue. And maybe you bring the crystalline shards to the queen that get made into the ring she leaves for a future unkindled.

Or, I could turn out to be wrong, and none of these things are ever explained.

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
I haven't been keeping up with the thread (so fast) but did goon fight club ever start happening? Is there one always going on in a password channel?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Man, I am racking up the sunlight medals in Lothric Castle. 3 times in a row I've invaded in only to be immediately booted back out with a medal because the host died while I was connecting.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I appear to have successfully found the most obscure location in Irithyll, even someone does go up the ladder to the rafters obscuring ring means they never bother coming this far into the corner. If only I was in NG rather than NG+ so I'd get more people showing up and presumably fighting each other out of boredom.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
It's interesting how as an exclusive large, heavy weapon user, by far the single greatest threat in the whole game is 3 dogs at once. I would gladly fight anything else, including most bosses.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Invaded by Mad dark spirit Donald T****!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
So one playthrough later I realized many weapon arts can be extended by pressing heavy attack.

Great Curved Swords and Twinblades make so much more sense now.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Invaded by Mad dark spirit Donald T****!

You! Trump-a-rump!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i sure do love being summoned to a host's world as a darkmoon for the first time after three hours of gameplay, only for the host to sit and watch me fight a red phantom while the red phantom holds up his +5 havels greatshield and murders me because for some reason Morne's WotG doesnt auto-gently caress every shield

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i can definitely recommend using a 2H great weapon of your choice (ultra sword / axe / hammer) if you're worried about being parried in pvp. it's breathtaking to watch someone run right at you with their dinky buckler out and ready and helplessly flail their arm like a chicken while you just CHOP CHOP CHOP them and kill them with one combo without them ever doing anything. you definitely won't win honor duels or pvp fight clubs that way but if you just want to win random invasions or gently caress with low level pvp, not many people who are parry fishing seem to understand there's actually a class of weapon that can't be parried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If someone starts spamming parrys at me, I just start spamming jump attacks until they put that silliness away.