Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Snak posted:

That's totally fine. 3 is the most accessible and has the most quality of life improvements. Also I'm pretty sure it's the "easiest" one, but that's just my experience.

Thanks, Snak! I'll report back tomorrow or at some point soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Snak posted:

That's totally fine. 3 is the most accessible and has the most quality of life improvements. Also I'm pretty sure it's the "easiest" one, but that's just my experience.

The newer games are all easy because you played all the others.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

blue squares posted:

Okay do I have to play Dark Souls in order? I'd really rather just play 3

Generally not, but 3 has a lot of throwbacks to the earlier ones that you won't get / will be spoiled. Its not a big deal anyways but its there.

Demons' or Dark 1 would be the best place to start but DS3 ain't bad.

Also until you've beaten the game and know what you're doing, DS3 is actually the most linear of the souls games by far, the first several levels have to be played in order. But that's good for newbies anyways so you don't go the wrong way and get obliterated.

Tenzarin posted:

Yeah people forget how much they struggled and learned with the first game.

DS2 was a bit easier I think and tried to be more accessible, there were poo poo tons of bonfires and healing. But SOTFS is pretty hard, and DS3 is really hard compared to the others. BB is in-between, its a little different at first but the second half of the game was just straight smooth sailing.

blue squares there's a good chance you'll die a lot at first, try to just be observant and learn things and not get frustrated. And you can always go heavy on magic and cheese your way if you have to :cheeky:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Yeah, I'm sure that's part of it, but the camera and movement and such is also the best, which kind of helps.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm surprised about disney infinity being shut down, last I'd heard they were raking in money comparable to skylanders and were maybe even beating them, so I guess that was false or the production costs were too much or something

that just leaves it down to skylanders, lego dimensions, and amiibo. I imagine they're happy they don't need to compete with disney anymore

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know to what extent other toys to life compete with Amiibo, because stuff like Disneyfinity and Skylanders seems to be about kids using the toys in an actual game while I feel like Amiibo is probably kept afloat due to the relative scarcity of cool Nintendo merchandise in the US (especially of characters like Ness and Mega Man)

Like people buying them to sit on their desk or monitor probably outnumber people buying them to use, especially since they're mostly useless

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

that just leaves it down to skylanders, lego dimensions, and amiibo. I imagine they're happy they don't need to compete with disney anymore

If Disney lets their IPs go play in Dimensions' sandbox, I'd be happy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

drat Battleborn is half of division talk about stink!

haha the division has been surpassed by Clicker Heroes and Stardew Valley

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If Disney lets their IPs go play in Dimensions' sandbox, I'd be happy.

I'm not sure how happy dc would be with that

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm sure the powers that be will keep us from getting to have a DC/Marvel Lego sandbox, but they still have fun poo poo like Indiana Jones that they could toss out.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

It's going to be Roger Rabbit all over again. Batman and Iron Man must be on screen the same amount of time and have the same amount of snarky one-liners.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
gently caress that, Deadpool Verses Batman.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Snak posted:

gently caress that, Deadpool Verses Batman.

Deadpool would win because he can't be killed and he is willing to kill. Batman isn't.

Tenzarin posted:

drat Battleborn is half of division talk about stink!

DOTA2 and CS:GO has people playing them at all. :/ :/ :/

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Deadpool would win because he can't be killed and he is willing to kill. Batman isn't.

And he would make dead parents jokes the entire time. In fact I think that would be the only reason they were fighting.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
whoever wins, we lose

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

eye on a winner, got a hot hand, got a hot hand

check me out yall

place ya bets now ladies and gentlemen

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope everybody had a good night tonight!

I know overwatch and stellaris came out and people have been playing them a lot, but I want to remind everybody to please game responsibly and remember to take care of yourself and rest your eyes from time to time :)

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

corn in the bible posted:

whoever wins, we lose

Except the Lego Company, I guess they always win.

Wait no, I remember now they had the license for Prince of Persia, the motion picture. Remember that was a thing like years ago? Man that's weird.

Maybe the Assassin's Creed movie will be fare better.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
so has anyone seen the ratchet and clank movie

is anyone excited for the warcraft movie

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I thank the person for the Paladins beta key, but this game suck huge donkey poo poo covered pig balls.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I thought Stellaris would fill the void between now and May 24 when Overwatch launches for realsies, but as it turns out I don't like 4Xes or grand strategy at all.

drat. No idea what to do with my time now. :smith:

If you're looking for shooters, the ghost in the Shell one is pretty decent/good and is like a 7 dollar buy in.

blue squares posted:

The only games I can play these days for any length of time are open-world RPGs, but I've played to boredom Witcher, Fallout, Skyrim. I haven't played any Dark Souls but I usually dislike games centered entirely around difficult combat.

I wish I liked strategy games but I never manage to play them for more than 5 or 10 hours.

Anyway I'm just being sad that I have played every good game

Two worlds 2 is always dirt cheap. Kingdoms of Amalur is pretty cheap too, though the combat doesn't really increase in depth after a few hours.

Re: souls chat
Dark souls 1 is definitely the easiest to start because it only throws human/human sized enemies at you for a large portion of the begining. And those are always the easiest to adapt to and kill. 2 almost immediately throws large, high hp enemies at you. 3 gives you the first area, bats you on the back and says "good luck"
2 also throws tons of dogs at you which blows because most weapon move sets can't hit them reliably. At least SotfS

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Looper posted:

so has anyone seen the ratchet and clank movie

is anyone excited for the warcraft movie

Ratchet in Clank was a fairly funny "all cutscenes" youtube video. That's the short of it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope everybody had a good night tonight!

i got results that my cat's not diabetic so that's cool

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Who's still excited for Doom?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tenzarin posted:

Can't believe Blizzard destroyed Battleborn just by having a Overwatch open beta during its launch!
Hey now, you don't know they're going to pull the plug just yet

Though I would not be even minutely surprised if they slashed the price long before the holidays this year

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm surprised about disney infinity being shut down, last I'd heard they were raking in money comparable to skylanders and were maybe even beating them, so I guess that was false or the production costs were too much or something
Remember that it doesn't even have to be a failure to get pulled, it just has to not grow enough that they wouldn't rather take the hit and put that money in something that grows much faster, like say more loving Star Wars movies

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CrashCat posted:

Hey now, you don't know they're going to pull the plug just yet

Though I would not be even minutely surprised if they slashed the price long before the holidays this year

Please buy our MOBA where you have you grind to unlock playable characters, $60 please.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

i got results that my cat's not diabetic so that's cool

yay!

I'm glad that nothing was wrong with your cat :)

CrashCat posted:

Remember that it doesn't even have to be a failure to get pulled, it just has to not grow enough that they wouldn't rather take the hit and put that money in something that grows much faster, like say more loving Star Wars movies

yeaa....

man I still don't care if it's really simplistic, I tried a demo station of skylanders once a couple years back and had enough fun with it that if I had the money, I'd totally pick up a couple for cheap and play that poo poo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

:allears: that's adorable

I'm not exactly excited but I'm buckled up and ready to see what they give us good, bad or ugly :munch:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DS1 is definitely the easiest to start with, DS3 only seems 'easier' because people have played up to four games in the same style before that, the tutorial boss is still capable of wrecking you when previous games either didn't have one or they were gimmies, and the first proper area is pretty brutal from the get go, though it evens out a bit after that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
souls fans still looking for a challenge should go play the king's field games

yeah they don't play the same but idgaf, they're good games dagnabbit

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Quest For Glory II posted:

eye on a winner, got a hot hand, got a hot hand

check me out yall

place ya bets now ladies and gentlemen

Thank you for this :)

For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZIej-ZraE

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I still am!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
also while I was at walmart I saw an awful thing for sale

as far as I can tell, they're doritos hot pockets

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

man I still don't care if it's really simplistic, I tried a demo station of skylanders once a couple years back and had enough fun with it that if I had the money, I'd totally pick up a couple for cheap and play that poo poo.
I thought so too, but even after buying dirt cheap starter kits and a bucket of toys I still had so much poo poo locked out from me that I just shelved the game and didn't go back. The total I spent was still less than a full new retail game but the amount of the game I could access was even less than that imo

Tenzarin posted:

Please buy our MOBA where you have you grind to unlock playable characters, $60 please.
Don't forget the $20 season pass, silly!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

that's not fair to hot pockets, they at least put some cheap rear end meat in the cheese

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

I thought so too, but even after buying dirt cheap starter kits and a bucket of toys I still had so much poo poo locked out from me that I just shelved the game and didn't go back. The total I spent was still less than a full new retail game but the amount of the game I could access was even less than that imo

eh, my understanding is a lot of the side content is minigames for hats, I'm fine enough just doing whatevs since I'd be playing co-op and that'd make it extra fun anyway.

but this is all assuming i can ever get money and a bunch for cheap, so lol

sorry you did not have much fun though :\

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

The 7-11 right near my apartment has been trying to sell these abominations for almost a year now. Cool ranch or bust, Doritos, I mean come on

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's me. I'm the one making Loaded Doritos profitable. For extra insult, I make them on my Foreman grill.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

JordanKai posted:

They closed down Avalanche Software as well. That's like 300+ jobs right down the drain. Tragic stuff. :smith:

Hello it's me I lost my job today. :smith:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

mutata posted:

:( I'm sorry to hear that

I hope you are able to get new employment soon, I'm sorry that they shut your job down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

mutata posted:

That sucks :(

• Locked thread