Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
There is no loving way you aren't trolling at a sublime level. Just no loving way.

On the chance that you aren't, gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There is no loving way you aren't trolling at a sublime level. Just no loving way.

you think??

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

On the chance that you aren't, gently caress you.

Welcome to a forum called D&D! :whip:

Trump says THE PIVOT can suck it, which somehow manages to surprise anyone at all.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

N00ba the Hutt posted:

Welcome to a forum called D&D! :whip:

Trump says THE PIVOT can suck it, which somehow manages to surprise anyone at all.

So he wants to get demolished in the general? Or is he really that stupid? Alternatively, the conspiracy theory that he is a Clinton plant actually has legs.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

KiteAuraan posted:

So he wants to get demolished in the general? Or is he really that stupid? Alternatively, the conspiracy theory that he is a Clinton plant actually has legs.

Or he's become convinced that his true self is best through a combination of ego and positive reenforcement during the primary where every crazy statement has gotten a "well let's not be too hasty" at worst. Bonus that this doesn't require any effort or listening to anyone other than Donald Trump.

The general is going to be a drat meat grinder.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Or he's just making noise to comfort his moronic followers. Who knows?

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

KiteAuraan posted:

Arzying aside, the general is going to be a lot closer than most people in this thread assume.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

its not though

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

its not though

It could be

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

CelestialScribe posted:

Arzying aside, the general is going to be a lot closer than most people in this thread assume.

Said the arzy of this cycle.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

CelestialScribe posted:

Hillary getting over 325 EVs.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Really lookin' forward to the weekend, you guys

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Is there anything to that Trump really cares about winning the presidency at all? Has there ever been? He's pretty clearly just having a great time stirring up poo poo and getting lots and lots attention, which is what he really craves. I really don't think he gives a toss either way about the race itself.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Oh god the Republicans are gonna blow it

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/730382084276113408

Smh

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shifty Pony posted:

Or he's become convinced that his true self is best through a combination of ego and positive reenforcement during the primary where every crazy statement has gotten a "well let's not be too hasty" at worst. Bonus that this doesn't require any effort or listening to anyone other than Donald Trump.

The general is going to be a drat meat grinder.

It's hard to know how much Donald Trump is in on the joke, and how much he's un-ironically huffing his own farts and it just coincides with what the Republican base wants to hear most of the time.

I mean, if you deliberately wanted to usurp the Republican party you'd do exactly what Trump has done. The GOPe dog-whistled racism and assorted other nasty social conservative crap to get votes so it could use its power to implement the economic platform its donors want (low taxes for the top brackets, low wages, free trade, corporate welfare, deregulation, etc., etc.). Trump inverted this by openly advocating the nasty bits and basically dropping the economic platform, and because much of the base doesn't care about the pro-rich-fucko policies the GOPe actually wants he got all the votes. He focused on the pre-existing fault lines in the party and hit them with a hyooge, luxurious hammer.

Hinting at what people want will never get their votes as well as outright saying you will do what they want.

But that's also what he'd do if he was just a crazy fuckface with huckster charisma who likes talking poo poo about minorities and doesn't put any thought into policy positions either way.

:iiam:

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010
every time ; TRUMP ; name appears in the twitter, other relevant media and also the old media and TV etc. it makes me lol because even if its critical of him its doing his work for him.. thats insane if you ask me. its like the one video goons love about school shooters where the powerful cognitive man says you shouldnt talk about them and then its followed up by a whole bunch of footage of people talking about them.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

6 more months of this poo poo

:ughh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

sean10mm posted:

It's hard to know how much Donald Trump is in on the joke, and how much he's un-ironically huffing his own farts and it just coincides with what the Republican base wants to hear most of the time.

I mean, if you deliberately wanted to usurp the Republican party you'd do exactly what Trump has done. The GOPe dog-whistled racism and assorted other nasty social conservative crap to get votes so it could use its power to implement the economic platform its donors want (low taxes for the top brackets, low wages, free trade, corporate welfare, deregulation, etc., etc.). Trump inverted this by openly advocating the nasty bits and basically dropping the economic platform, and because much of the base doesn't care about the pro-rich-fucko policies the GOPe actually wants he got all the votes. He focused on the pre-existing fault lines in the party and hit them with a hyooge, luxurious hammer.

Hinting at what people want will never get their votes as well as outright saying you will do what they want.

But that's also what he'd do if he was just a crazy fuckface with huckster charisma who likes talking poo poo about minorities and doesn't put any thought into policy positions either way.

:iiam:

Trump has shown he's, to some level, in on the joke, he knows how people see him and all. I think the 'problem' is, though, that he seems to have enough of an ego issue where he seems to genuinely think A) most people are laughing WITH him, and B) those who don't are just jealous of how cool and rich he is and how sexy his wife and daughter are.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Honestly I think Trump wants out. He doesn't actually want to be President BUT he wants out on his own terms. He never thought he would get this far and do so unbelievably well with GOP voters. But it's way too late to just quit without looking like a complete fool. But what he can do is pander as hard as possible to his core base, doubling down on every hateful hosed up thing they love about him. He knows that this is General Election poison so he's not at a real risk of winning but it allows him to maintain the whole tough guy illusion, courting this massive new fan base who will eat up every word he says. And when he losses hard he can leverage this entire experience to be a conservative hero to boost his brand to new heights. He's no Clinton plant or anything like that, this is just one huge ego trip that went too far for even The Donald's liking.

Or he's the most stupid man ever. Either or I guess.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Evil Fluffy posted:

Let's not forget this part:
"While Loftis has given police varying accounts of what happened that evening — once saying he invited the men in, while another time saying they barged into his home — several facts are not in dispute."

He at one point told the cops he invited the guys in to his house, yet the judge didn't tell him to shut the gently caress up when he invoked a SYG defense even though the guy's own story (at one point) would make SYG an impossible defense since the people were invited in (and then murdered).

It's a bail hearing, the judge was only deciding if he was going to run from the law, not if he was guilty or had a valid defense.
He could've told the judge he did it because a UFO came down and aliens mind controlled him and it wouldn't have changed the outcome.

SSJ2 Goku Wilders
Mar 24, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Trump has shown he's, to some level, in on the joke, he knows how people see him and all. I think the 'problem' is, though, that he seems to have enough of an ego issue where he seems to genuinely think A) most people are laughing WITH him, and B) those who don't are just jealous of how cool and rich he is and how sexy his wife and daughter are.

the man is a winner, we are all salty and filled with what i learned about in pihlosophy class --> ressentiment. we dont even have to be jealous of his success or high level bank account, but the fact that people are treating him seriously and getting upset makes him lol. heck it would make me lol, and you probably also. aside from lol, you also get a chanc to run for president. that's paper

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/730386910309310464/

Fox doing Intercept "journalism"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Now do religious organizations.

The Dissonant
Jul 24, 2008

Just another disposable hero.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly I think Trump wants out. He doesn't actually want to be President BUT he wants out on his own terms. He never thought he would get this far and do so unbelievably well with GOP voters. But it's way too late to just quit without looking like a complete fool. But what he can do is pander as hard as possible to his core base, doubling down on every hateful hosed up thing they love about him. He knows that this is General Election poison so he's not at a real risk of winning but it allows him to maintain the whole tough guy illusion, courting this massive new fan base who will eat up every word he says. And when he losses hard he can leverage this entire experience to be a conservative hero to boost his brand to new heights. He's no Clinton plant or anything like that, this is just one huge ego trip that went too far for even The Donald's liking.

Or he's the most stupid man ever. Either or I guess.

lol. You sound like the delusional kvetchers over at National Review.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Yes, you would have been the best president, Diamond Joe. You're already the president of my heart.

quote:

Vice President Joe Biden said in an interview that aired Wednesday he would have been the "best president" had he run for the highest office in the land.

"I think I would have been the best president, but it was the right thing not just for my family but for me," not to run, Biden said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

He revealed that he had planned on making a bid for the White House but that after the death of his son, Beau, he decided against it.

"No one should ever seek the presidency unless they're able to devote their whole heart and soul and passion into just doing that. And Beau was my soul," Biden said.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

This is so loving stupid. The only donations you'd find on what they were searching are $250 or more (Hi, Friend Ben!)

People with deep enough pockets to make giant loving donations don't do it on Facebook. This proves absolutely nothing.

(I'm quite certain FB does gently caress with their algorithm, if for no other reason than to make it not "all trump all the time" the same way Twitter tweaked their algorithm so Bieber would stop trending all the time. But this donation poo poo is stupid as hell.)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

FairGame posted:

People with deep enough pockets to make giant loving donations don't do it on Facebook. This proves absolutely nothing.

facebook staff

i mean, your point would be correct if they were talking about random facebook members making donations through fb. but they're talking about facebook staff donating more to hillary than anyone else as if that necessarily means they're suppressing conservative viewpoints

emdash fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 11, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Kro-Bar posted:

Yes, you would have been the best president, Diamond Joe. You're already the president of my heart.

This makes me so sad. :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FairGame posted:

This is so loving stupid. The only donations you'd find on what they were searching are $250 or more (Hi, Friend Ben!)

(I'm quite certain FB does gently caress with their algorithm, if for no other reason than to make it not "all trump all the time" the same way Twitter tweaked their algorithm so Bieber would stop trending all the time. But this donation poo poo is stupid as hell.)

It's feeding the narrative of "Facebook censors conservative content" that came out this week.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hmm, yes, I can't imagine why Facebook employees would favor the party that's generally more forward looking and technologically savvy.

But hey, keep on vilifying Facebook, you guys, I'm sure that'll make their donations to Republicans go up up up!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
They can gently caress off to Conservabook 3.0 then.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Kro-Bar posted:

For some reason S4P has taken this to mean that Biden is going to steal the nomination from Bernie after Hillary gets hauled away in handcuffs.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

smg77 posted:

For some reason S4P has taken this to mean that Biden is going to steal the nomination from Bernie after Hillary gets hauled away in handcuffs.

Well hell if he says he'd be the best president, I see no problem with that plan.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Trump can't win by moderating because the entire appeal of him as a candidate is being outraged, outrageous and giving the finger to the way the political process is even supposed to work.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

smg77 posted:

That's fine too.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

zoux posted:

That's fine too.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly I think Trump wants out. He doesn't actually want to be President BUT he wants out on his own terms.

I think this WAS true. And then he just KEPT ON WINNING, and now I think he's high on his own supply, and thinks he could really pull the whole thing off and remake the country and world to his liking, because from his current perspective within the insular circle-jerk of the Republican primary he has no real reason NOT to think that.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

smg77 posted:

People that dumb must have a hard time walking and breathing at the same time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Honestly had we known Trump was actually going to win this thing, a lot of the weaknesses we worried about Biden having wouldn't have been a concern. It's not like he's gonna out gaffe Donald.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
A Biden vs. Trump debate would be simply incredible.

• Locked thread