Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Deofuta posted:

Is this where we start pulling out the accusations of horde being a cargo cult?

Your conception of "start" is off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Deofuta posted:

Is this where we start pulling out the accusations of horde being a cargo cult?

Just like Test and the other reddit corps, they've always aped goons.

Grimshak
Oct 8, 2013

I know you need the meat, girl, but damn.
I'm in Karmafleet because I dont post enough on SA. I'm worried about that because I used to be part of Dreddit years ago for the same reason (before they got hosed up by Goons) and luckily I left before poo poo hit the fan and people in the corp/TEST became autistic.

Karmafleet seems much more competent than Dreddit ever was and has really cool people, but should I worry about Karmafleet having a break up with Goons?

I honestly know jack poo poo about EVE politics.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Groon 2016 - popping cyno ships out from under drops.
First tinkerhell, now OSS, at this rate we're going to be trolling PL within the month.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Grimshak posted:

I'm in Karmafleet because I dont post enough on SA. I'm worried about that because I used to be part of Dreddit years ago for the same reason (before they got hosed up by Goons) and luckily I left before poo poo hit the fan and people in the corp/TEST became autistic.

Karmafleet seems much more competent than Dreddit ever was and has really cool people, but should I worry about Karmafleet having a break up with Goons?

I honestly know jack poo poo about EVE politics.

No. Karmafleet is a part of Goonswarm, it's not a separate allied alliance. Karmafleet people are in illum, part of the alliance directorate, etc. For Karmafleet to leave goonswarm would need to basically be disintegrating.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

evilweasel posted:

No. Karmafleet is a part of Goonswarm, it's not a separate allied alliance. Karmafleet people are in illum, part of the alliance directorate, etc. For Karmafleet to leave goonswarm would need to basically be disintegrating.

*in reddit voice* LOL THATS WHAT IS ALREADY HAPPENING

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
when i think of reddit's voice, i think of that 'HES A WHITE MALE' guy

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i think of francis

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
WHERES MY MOUNTAIN DEW I KEEP IT IN THE MICROWAVE

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

seems like a bottle or a pitcher would be a better place for soda storage but i wont judge him. i dont even know him and his life, you know?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Siets posted:

Yo Ullerrm, wondering if you have any Curse fits lying around?

This hull is extremely versatile in the ways it can be fit. I've seen armor fits w/ medium neuts and tracking disruptors, shield fits with 50k+ EHP, and I've also worked up a heavy neut fit that neuts and tracking disrupts out to 60km+. If I'm flying around in small gang Dodfleet with one, what's the right way to go in your opinion?

IMHO, the best Curse fit is still the classic nanocurse, just updated for tiericide:

quote:

[Curse, classic 2.0]

Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Warp Disruptor II
Tracking Disruptor II
Tracking Disruptor II

Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Small Energy Neutralizer II
Medium Energy Nosferatu II
Medium Knave Scoped Energy Nosferatu

Medium Egress Port Maximizer II
Medium Egress Port Maximizer II

Vespa EC-600 x5
Infiltrator II x5
Acolyte II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

Nanite Repair Paste x50
Optimal Range Disruption Script x2
Tracking Speed Disruption Script x2

When you load it into PyFa, you'll see a ridiculous cap stability number and be tempted to remove the egress rigs. Trust me, you want them. You use the neuts 90% of the time; the nos are simply for targets of opportunity. The small neut is taken intentionally -- not only is it good for capping out frigs chasing after you, but it cycles twice as fast as the medium, so in a gank situation where you can safely close to 15-18km it's really good for keeping a primary empty. If you're gonna throw faction at this poo poo, upgrade the small neut first, then the shield extenders, then the med neuts.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Querious wouldn't have been much of an issue as they could have taken a few of the connecting systems/constellations between the two constellations they current hold.

Fade is also smaller than what would have had if they did it, but I imagine building two citadels up there they want to commit. Not sure if its the greatest idea or not given Fade's lack of connection to an empire system but v0v.

The problem is, Querious pretty much only stays stable because everyone voltrons on an aggressor. Which has some really weird side effects. Take Rote, for example -- they own what's arguably the best or second-best ratting pocket in Querious. But they're a little tiny group; there is nothing they could do to stop PH, or Brave, from taking that pocket from them. The reason PH hasn't is because as soon as public opinion becomes "look at them picking on the little guys" then all of Querious forms up to put them back in their place, and they can't afford to fight two wars right now.

I'm generally of the opinion that this is an exceptionally poor move from Gobbins, though. Burning the ships (whether by abandoning your safe space, or by setting 100% tax rate, or w/e) typically doesn't get you more PvPers -- it just gets you a bunch of carebears in fleet who are now feeling bitter about being moved and running out of money for ships.

Oh, and that A2- buyback program is something else. Not only are they offering only 80% of Jita buy prices (i.e. Mad Max 2: Beyond Firesale), but notice that the person they're being instructed to contract their poo poo to... is not in PHorde. Namely, it's an alt of Suas.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 11, 2016

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
So no answered me last thread what's a red pill person

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

It's the subreddit for mens rights activists.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

its the meme goons use when disparaging reddit. similar to pedophiles. seeing as neither exist here on forums.somethingawful.com, it is the superior website :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

seems like a bottle or a pitcher would be a better place for soda storage but i wont judge him. i dont even know him and his life, you know?

its ok, its in a bottle, in the microwave

gotta keep that poo poo safe you know

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

its ok, its in a bottle, in the microwave

gotta keep that poo poo safe you know

three layers of protection, i respect that

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
TEST seems to have come up with a brilliant strategy for Vale, "Let's piss off the Russians." Hell, even Goons learned years ago to never do that.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Foehammer007 posted:

The idea is that you think that world has an anti-man conspiracy (lol) so you take the "red pill" ala the matrix and refuse to abide by the rules of the woman-dominated world. It's stupid as gently caress.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
What the gently caress? I don't play for two days and Goonswarm lost all the stations in Fade that I was camping. Fix your loving poo poo, this constellation was a gold mine for morons. I haven't seen stuff like this since we formed Blackops and deployed against LV tenants back in 2006-2007.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

ullerrm posted:

Oh, and that A2- buyback program is something else. Not only are they offering only 80% of Jita buy prices (i.e. Mad Max 2: Beyond Firesale), but notice that the person they're being instructed to contract their poo poo to... is not in PHorde. Namely, it's an alt of Suas.

I thought they were specifically gouging on the price because they wanted someone from PH to stand up their own service rather than depending on the outside support they were using. At least that was the message a few weeks ago when I had my alt in Horde for a bit.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

nessin posted:

I thought they were specifically gouging on the price because they wanted someone from PH to stand up their own service rather than depending on the outside support they were using. At least that was the message a few weeks ago when I had my alt in Horde for a bit.

except its tolon so no he's just insanely greedy

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

except its tolon so no he's just insanely greedy

True fax

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
so the entirety of fade is now freeported?

also how are non-ironic t1 caracal fleets working out?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

YouTuber posted:

What the gently caress? I don't play for two days and Goonswarm lost all the stations in Fade that I was camping. Fix your loving poo poo, this constellation was a gold mine for morons. I haven't seen stuff like this since we formed Blackops and deployed against LV tenants back in 2006-2007.

Huh, we did kinda eat poo poo on like 4 stations today, what happened with that?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Anyone have advice for an armor tanked ishtar doing level 4 missions? I don't think I have good enough shield tank skills. Is it viable? Can use t2 sentries and have decent drone and armor skills.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

vandalism posted:

Anyone have advice for an armor tanked ishtar doing level 4 missions? I don't think I have good enough shield tank skills. Is it viable? Can use t2 sentries and have decent drone and armor skills.

I imagine it would be viable - folks ran shield tanked ishtars to do mazes all the time, which are on par with L4s at least. You have to tank to them and you may need to be a bit blitzy though. I always preferred my tengu for the maze because it wasn't too blingy and could tank the complex forever. Once I got bored and had enough missiles so I popped every rat in the site just out of boredom. Of course this was back before goons went from suck to blow and we lost all our space to reddit. :laffo:

"it's Mountain Lightning, Francis"
"I CAN'T AFFORD MOUNTAIN DEW! The economy is rough right now... OBAMA!"

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Huh, we did kinda eat poo poo on like 4 stations today, what happened with that?

PL and TEST sent their AU timezone people in along with PH. They had 40 People just sitting in C-O for instance. Just way more people than we brought in that terrible TimeZone, so they were able to win the Sov Lasering. The next contest is tomorrow at like 7:00 Eve time, it'll be interesting to see if they get big numbers again.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Don't bother doing l4 missions ratting makes a lot more money with less effort

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Massasoit posted:

please dont lie to people

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

War Eagle posted:

PL and TEST sent their AU timezone people in along with PH. They had 40 People just sitting in C-O for instance. Just way more people than we brought in that terrible TimeZone, so they were able to win the Sov Lasering. The next contest is tomorrow at like 7:00 Eve time, it'll be interesting to see if they get big numbers again.

All PL has to do to win timers is put faxes with T3 support on the nodes, we have no ability to contest that.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zephyrine posted:

:stare:

Evewise:

This Interceptor chasing Interceptors thing is by far the most boring thing I have done in Eve.

Slightly more boring than the early war "chasing destroyers with battlecruisers" Because at least then there was a chance that someone was caught in a bubble.

As opposed to aligning to a celestial and hitting F1 until the FC tells you to warp off?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Goatman Sacks posted:

All PL has to do to win timers is put faxes with T3 support on the nodes, we have no ability to contest that.

Oh, there are counters.

Although it does put the lie to the constant crowing here about PH being cute newbies. Sure, PL and NC show up to PH's timers, and PH uses PL's forums and jabber, but they're totally different, for reasons such as

And ultimately a timer is a timer, not much isk (if any) is lost in creating it. What's more effective -- throwing a fleet into a meatgrinder to win a timer, or constant harassment that keeps PL and NC permanently leashed to the North for the next N years because they're unwilling or unable to let PH fend for themselves

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
PH has always been part of PL, and only idiots and people with an axe to grind have ever believed otherwise.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Don't you see they're different because they are totally not elite pvp

Except the times that they are.

Something something Animal Farm

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

ullerrm posted:

Oh, there are counters.

Although it does put the lie to the constant crowing here about PH being cute newbies. Sure, PL and NC show up to PH's timers, and PH uses PL's forums and jabber, but they're totally different, for reasons such as

PH doesn't get to keep any pilots with supers

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Dalael posted:

As opposed to aligning to a celestial and hitting F1 until the FC tells you to warp off?

As long we get to shoot something.

If telling people to warp? Who are you paraphrasing?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

-Troika- posted:

PH has always been part of PL, and only idiots and people with an axe to grind have ever believed otherwise.

so pl?

dragonstalking
Oct 6, 2013

by Shine

Massasoit posted:

Less effort for sure, but basically the same money made.

ullerrm posted:

What's more effective -- throwing a fleet into a meatgrinder to win a timer, or constant harassment that keeps PL and NC permanently leashed to the North for the next N years because they're unwilling or unable to let PH fend for themselves

It's not really a leash if you feed us content....

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Zephyrine posted:

As long we get to shoot something.

If telling people to warp? Who are you paraphrasing?

I'm not paraphrasing anyone. You said Interceptor fleets are boring. In fact the most boring thing you've ever done.
I think they're a lot more fun than BS fleets or even cruiser fleets in which all people do is align to a celestial and shoot until its time to warp off. I feel like with interceptor fleets, you have a lot more freedom to move around and try to do poo poo as an individual player while being part of part of a bigger fleet.

• Locked thread