Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
What we need is a Mafia LP.
By "Mafia", I mean Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Someone should show off a bunch of the old ZZT games. Would work for a great megathread actually since there's so many. You could also throw MegaZeux into the mix.

I'd like to second this.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
A reminder that it has been five years (my favorite David Bowie song) since the last Let's Play Wanking session.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I'd like to request Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess and Disgaea 4, both available for the PS3.

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014
Maybe this is jumping the gun a little, since we haven't gotten a Bravely Default LP yet, but I'd like to see a SSLP of Bravely Second (3DS).

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
A few things to go through. First off, someone is LPing Final Fantasy Type-0. Secondly, the LPs for Skies of Arcadia and the Sam and Max games have finished. Third, I'd like to request a LP for Fran Bow.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

MonstrousMouse posted:

Maybe this is jumping the gun a little, since we haven't gotten a Bravely Default LP yet, but I'd like to see a SSLP of Bravely Second (3DS).

Sadly this will just get filed in the "not being LPed because LPing 3DS games is absurdly expensive" dust bin.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone know of a good let's play of Toby Fox's Earthbound hack that isn't the one in the archives? I'm looking for more showcase than trying to be funny over top of the game.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
An LP of Republique on PC (or hell even the phone version) would be pretty cool.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Anyone know of a good let's play of Toby Fox's Earthbound hack that isn't the one in the archives? I'm looking for more showcase than trying to be funny over top of the game.

You'd probably have more luck asking the actual reccomendation thread, this one's for people asking for specific games to be LP'd.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I would like to request a Total War Attila LP on the PC, preferably SS with a blend of narrative and informative styles.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Surprise! I still have not reach the point where I will stop updating this thread. It's been a while, so a number of LPs are expired. Here's what's currently on the chopping block:

• Apotheon - 10/15
  • Axiom Verge* - 10/15
  • Callahan's Crosstime Saloon - PC - 10/15
  • Darkest Dungeon - PC - 09/15
  • Elona+ - PC:SSLP - 09/15
  • Fantasy Life - 09/15
  • Gabriel Knight 3* - 09/15
  • Golden Sun: Dark Dawn* - 10/15
  • Halo 4 - XBONE - 09/15
  • John Saul's Blackstone Chronicles - 10/15
  • King's Field* - "Doesn't matter, one of them--show off the precursor to the Souls games" - 10/15
  • Kingdom Under Fire - XBOX - 09/15
  • LISA: The Painful* - SSLP - 10/15
  • LISA: The Joyful - SSLP - 10/15
  • Madworld* - 10/15
  • Mario and Luigi: Dream Team* - 3DS - 09/15
  • Pathologic Classic HD - 10/15
  • Persona - PSP:SSLP* - 09/15
  • Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 - 10/15
  • Tex Murphy Series* - 10/15

So, does anyone still want to see any of these games or can they safely be forgotten? Note: games with a star (*) have been sitting in the Request Thread for six months now. Note 2x: if some of these LPs are already finished or running, let me know--I don't make those kind of changes unless someone posts about it here because I don't have the time to check every thread on the forum.

Otherwise, the thread OP is updated to this point.

Sally fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 10, 2016

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Still really want to see Tex Murphy LPed (I think someone got the first one down but that still leaves Martian Memorandum and particularly the FMV ones). Madworld, King's Field and Kingdom Under Fire would be cool too.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Wasn't there a LISA LP going on? Did they get finished?

Also I'll request Gabriel Knight 3 again, because the only GK game that hasn't gotten LPed here.

Also I'll give Blackstone Chronicles and Callahan's one last request, because I was the one who did it in the first place and if no one else wants them I'll let them die next cleanup.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Accordion Man posted:

Wasn't there a LISA LP going on? Did they get finished?

Also I'll request Gabriel Knight 3 again, because the only GK game that hasn't gotten LPed here.

Also I'll give Blackstone Chronicles and Callahan's one last request, because I was the one who did it in the first place and if no one else wants them I'll let them die next cleanup.

VoiceOfDog was doing a VLP of LISA but it went on hiatus and hasn't come back for a while now. I think the request is looking for SSLP.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I was looking at the request list and noticed that Gods Will Be Watching is there. There is an LP of it going on here, though it will probably be finished by the time the list is going to be updated again.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
I'd like to renew the request for Pathologic Classic HD out of that list. I'd love to see a before and after of that game, seeing how it's apparently being remade.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

ElTipejoLoco posted:

I'd like to renew the request for Pathologic Classic HD out of that list. I'd love to see a before and after of that game, seeing how it's apparently being remade.
Classic HD is just a graphical update with a much better English translation, it's the same game otherwise. You're probably thinking of the remake which won't be coming out for some time.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 30, 2016

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I'd like to renew the Persona PSP and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn ones. Also, I'd like to request an SSLP of Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP version).

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

Accordion Man posted:

Classic HD is just a graphical update with a much better English translation, it's the same game otherwise. You're probably thinking of the remake which won't be coming out for some time.
... Yeah, I know? I thought I made that clear up there, since I'm mentioning the remake that has yet to be released? And I thought it was clear I was not requesting said unreleased remake?

:confused:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Accordion Man posted:

Turns out my current system can both run and record Blackstone Chronicles.:pervert: Haven't played it in a decade, though, so some revision is in order.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Accordion Man posted:

Actually, gently caress it. Let's get Blackstone rolling while it works.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778196

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
Anyone know of a Let's Play of Empire Interactive's "Stars!"? Looks like a fun 4x space empire-y game, but I can't find anything. Doesn't help that YT's search function blows, and the game's name isn't exactly super-googleable :(

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The mechanics for Co-Op gameplay in the new HOI might be an interesting LP. Because you can have multiple players all playing the same faction, and sharing control.

Imagine multiple goons coordinating intricate battleplans and expertly waging war on multiple fronts, with everyone knowing what their role is.

Now imagine how it would actually happen, which is that the whole war effort would descend into massive infighting and defeat, to the merriment of all.

Well, at least *I* think it'd be funny to watch.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

There's an LP of SUPERHOT now.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Yvonmukluk posted:

The mechanics for Co-Op gameplay in the new HOI might be an interesting LP. Because you can have multiple players all playing the same faction, and sharing control.

Imagine multiple goons coordinating intricate battleplans and expertly waging war on multiple fronts, with everyone knowing what their role is.

Now imagine how it would actually happen, which is that the whole war effort would descend into massive infighting and defeat, to the merriment of all.

Well, at least *I* think it'd be funny to watch.

Already thinking about it.

That or have 1 player with the thread acting as the Air/Naval/Ground leaders trying to vie for control of resources, production, and research.

So, yeah, 2nd'ing request for a HOI4 LP (both a COOP and a SP version)

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

First, I'll second that Golden Sun: Dark Dawn LP if its SS.

And I'd also like to request SSLPs of every Kingdom Hearts Game, This part of the series is ending next/double next year and I'd really like to refresh myself, but only video lps exist for the series, and theres no chance of me ever sitting through those.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Switzerland posted:

Anyone know of a Let's Play of Empire Interactive's "Stars!"? Looks like a fun 4x space empire-y game, but I can't find anything. Doesn't help that YT's search function blows, and the game's name isn't exactly super-googleable :(

Wow, I didn't realize anyone else had ever heard of that game. I'll second this request, I loved that game when I was a kid.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Little surprised, I'd have thought there'd be an LP of Kentucky Route Zero by now. Tossing in a request for it.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

StrangeAeon posted:

Little surprised, I'd have thought there'd be an LP of Kentucky Route Zero by now. Tossing in a request for it.
I think no one has done one cause the game isn't finished and the time delay between episodes is fairly glacial.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

StrangeAeon posted:

I'd love to, but the fact is that the game is flat out unfinished. It took almost two years to get episodes 1-3 out, and episode 4 took a couple years in and of itself. Who the hell even knows if we'll ever get episode 5?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i'm still waiting for mel brooks to make The History Of The World: Part 2.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
Since FPZero has announced he won't have the time to do it after the first one due to life, I'd like to request Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. There are still people who haven't played it/watched it on Youtube, and I want to see a thread full of speculation.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
I'm sort of jonesing for more LPs of SNES games, so I'd like to request that somebody LP Energy Breaker, an obscure SRPG which never came out in the states, but did receive a fan translation a while back. Not only does it have art by the artist of Trigun, but it also makes a tentative connection to a totally different RPG series as an Easter egg. Either way, I think it'd be interesting to see LPed.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

I've found time to almost update this thread regularly! One day I'll stop, but today is not that day.

Here's the list of games that are on the docket for review:

• Armello - Narrative/Informative - 11/15
  • Final Fantasy VII - The Chinese Bootleg Version - 11/15
  • The Logical Adventures of Zoombinis - PC - 11/15
  • Tom Clancy's Endwar - With Voice Recognition Hardware - 11/15
  • Vermintude - PC - 11/15

It's a short list this time around, but are any of these games still in dire need of being LPed or can we safely forget about them for a while? OP is updated to this point.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Mraagvpeine posted:

I was looking at the request list and noticed that Gods Will Be Watching is there. There is an LP of it going on here, though it will probably be finished by the time the list is going to be updated again.

And I was right, the LP did finish before the list updated.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i even tried, this time. ha. alright, it's been taken down.

zorromorph
Jun 14, 2016
A ZZT LP is now a thing: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780194

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Is there anyone good at survival/misery simulators who'd be willing to LP This War of Mine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i want an lp of Mighty Number Nine where the LPer does not play the game and instead gives me four million dollars

• Locked thread