Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

Lol if you aren't going to be smashing snatch AND rear end until you're in the grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wamdoodle posted:

Lol if you aren't going to be smashing snatch or rear end until you're in the grave.

This

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm gonna be Full Metal Jacket's Willem Dafoe on Doom's launch day. Listen for Adagio for Strings.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GreatGreen posted:

So for people who can't be bothered to watch the whole hour long SnapMap video, here's one of the cooler parts of it.
Somebody made an MMO-styled raid boss fight using a Mancubus, complete with multiple phases, teleports, everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuxmnKyabpg&t=3055s

These people can't stop talking over each other and its really annoying. LET THEM FINISH. God drat that's unprofessional.

Mancubus boss looks sweet though. SnapMap is easily going to be the best part of Doom 4.

E: Monsters can be put on your team in SnapMap and will fight the other team, so you could have like players as marines with zombies on their side vs players as hell knights with imps on their side. Battleborn in Doom :cheeky:

E2: SnapMaps are cross-platform, you can make maps on PC and people on PS4 can download them and play them!

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 11, 2016

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Zaphod42 posted:

E2: SnapMaps are cross-platform, you can make maps on PC and people on PS4 can download them and play them!

Dota will be replicated in weeks past release

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Zaphod42 posted:

E: Monsters can be put on your team in SnapMap and will fight the other team, so you could have like players as marines with zombies on their side vs players as hell knights with imps on their side. Battleborn in Doom :cheeky:

:tem:

Who needs co-op boddies when you can assign your own?!

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

what else should I do to pass the time before D04M comes out, other than :justpost:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Dota will be replicated in hours past release
Fixed.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Will people be able to do cool poo poo with snapmap like recreate skyrim or elwynn forest?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ohhhh a boss with more HP how loving awesome!!!!! Lmfao

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Black Baby Goku posted:

Ohhhh a boss with more HP how loving awesome!!!!! Lmfao

Dude did you even watch the video? It teleports you to another realm where you have to fight skeletons to go back.

:fuckoff:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Morter posted:

:tem:

Who needs co-op boddies when you can assign your own?!

Rude as gently caress.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

jerkstore77 posted:

Will people be able to do cool poo poo with snapmap like recreate skyrim or elwynn forest?

Heavily Modded Retard 4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

The gaming equivalent of an upper decker

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Heavily Modded Retard 4

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
A dueeeerrrrrtreeeee I love eating AIDS INFECTED CUM!!!!?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Black Baby Goku posted:

A dueeeerrrrrtreeeee I love eating AIDS INFECTED CUM!!!!?

Who doesn't but what does this have to do with DO4M?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wamdoodle posted:

Who doesn't but what does this have to do with DO4M?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I don't remember the Doom 3 thread being this bad

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Just so you trolls know... *opens badge and flashes oldfag ID* Yeah. I've been around the block.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Death to oldfags!

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

1v1 me irl ?

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

We get the thread we deserve.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oldfag - the spiritual sequel to Sympathy for Mr. Retard

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Starhawk64 posted:

Even if Retard 4 is mostly arena combat it's still going to be better than the turd known as Duke Nukem Forever.

It'd be pretty impressive if it didn't. I played DNF for the first time a few days ago and it was one of the most shockingly bad games I've ever played.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

There's no way DNF can be any worse than Sim City 5

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Wait is this not in The Imp Zone?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Blackfyre posted:

Wait is this not in The Imp Zone?

Games is the new Imp Zone. Imp Zone is The New Imp Zone.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Soooo… if the game unlocks at midnight on Friday the 13th (!) that means we should VPN to New Zealand ~8AM EST on tomorrow, the 12th?

blackmarketlimb
Dec 27, 2005
so this dude I know is insisting that there was a mysterious stream of doom that confirmed it only has a five hour campaign?

i can't find any information on it and he just keeps saying youtube removed the stream so i have no idea what the gently caress he's babbling on about.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

blackmarketlimb posted:

so this dude I know is insisting that there was a mysterious stream of doom that confirmed it only has a five hour campaign?

i can't find any information on it and he just keeps saying youtube removed the stream so i have no idea what the gently caress he's babbling on about.

That would make sense in conjunction with the review embargo and insisting that they needed co-op and multiplayer to really appreciate it.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

blackmarketlimb posted:

id said ~13 hours, 5 sounds reasonable if you're going to rush through it as fast as you can

edit: It seems like it takes less than 12 hours to finish all of Doom 1 and 2, so v0v

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

id said ~13 hours, 5 sounds reasonable if you're going to rush through it as fast as you can

Uh, no that doesn't really follow.

If they said 13 hours though that's pretty good. Probably an over-estimation but as long as its ~8-9 hours I'll be plenty happy with the length.

SnapMap will give us quantity, so the single player campaign just needs to be quality. 5 hours would be weak though.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I will enjoy playing and beating Doam 4 on friday night.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

edit: It seems like it takes less than 12 hours to finish all of Doom 1 and 2, so v0v

How much did you pay for Doom 1 and 2?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I'm sitting in an irc channel full of speedrunning tryhards review stream captures to piece together the "ideal" run, and they are confident sub 4 hours is possible w/o any serious glitches,

because, you know… that's how it was meant to be played

Is Zaphod always this insufferable?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
You mean lovable!

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Doom 1 WR is 31m, Doom 2 WR is like 20m, I fully expect someone to beat this game in less than an hour before May ends

Edit: Obviously omitted Doom 3 because it's not a true doom game, but I guess you can do that in ~1hr 10m too lol

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Doom 1 WR is 31m, Doom 2 WR is like 20m, I fully expect someone to beat this game in less than an hour before May ends

The whole gated arenas thing is going to pretty severely limit speed runs I think.