Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

Nill posted:

poo poo, you're right. Guess it was that forgettable. :(

I thought Hammond's bike crash from that segment was pretty memorable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA1GXP1uOuQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Gotta make sure that brain damage never fully heals.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Still needs more Harris.

Looks fun though, just like old Top Gear. And you can fast forward through the bits you don't like. God bless.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Stutes posted:

I thought Hammond's bike crash from that segment was pretty memorable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA1GXP1uOuQ

Also some pretty good swearing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tJFgeerp5Q

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

New show has its new name finally:

https://www.facebook.com/thegrandtour/

The Grand Tour

https://twitter.com/RichardHammond/status/730376105757118464

https://twitter.com/RichardHammond/status/730376845477224449

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

GT. I like it.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Should have stuck with C.Un.T.S.

Shame they pussied out.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/730396222079545344

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Argentina conspicuously absent?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Budgie posted:

Argentina conspicuously absent?

Jezza's been doing a Q&A on Facebook and answering questions and somebody asked about Argentina

quote:

We only had a problem in Argentina. And we can solve that by not going back

...and he's having a go at people who are dissing the name by stating that their names (chosen by their parents) aren't very good either.

quote:

And let's be honest, Jack Jenkins is hardly the best name in the world is it?

Dan. You're called Dan

Said a man called Graham

Said a man called Jeremy.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 11, 2016

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im glad the amazon show looks like it will be great and Chris Evans has been accused of being a bbc radio dj.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I wonder how likely it'll be to get chosen for tickets this time around.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I like the duck tape logo, I hope it sticks around.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Top Gear UK announced it's coming back on May 29

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I'd guess it's a reference to this Grand Tour, which I only know about cause I did a report in college on the artist that did this piece about it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
As long as they make the entire journey in vehicles that cost £1000. Between them.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

japtor posted:

I'd guess it's a reference to this Grand Tour, which I only know about cause I did a report in college on the artist that did this piece about it.

And of course this, which is derived from yours. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_tourer

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

GT for Grand Tour is TG for Top Gear backwards. Something something Halo 3.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

meatpimp posted:

My tiny little mind is so easily blown.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It will be interesting to see how things go between TG and GT

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
TG.....GT..... Target? Targeting who? Irish? Tigers? Asians?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Three words written on duct tape got me more excited than a rehash promo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Car for Life episode of TG USA was pretty good. The acceleration of that Tesla :stare:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Ola posted:

And of course this, which is derived from yours. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_tourer
I somehow never made the connection :downs:

MattD1zzl3 posted:

TG.....GT..... Target? Targeting who? Irish? Tigers? Asians?
Slopes, like on hilly mountain roads. ...in Southeast Asia

howe_sam posted:

The Car for Life episode of TG USA was pretty good. The acceleration of that Tesla :stare:
Then Tanner trying to drift it :laugh:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

japtor posted:

Then Tanner trying to drift it :laugh:

And then he did drift the Hellcat :supaburn:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I don't care at this point, just need something new

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Foehammer007 posted:

I don't care at this point, just need something new

I still havent watched the last episode of "Top gear". Is it worth watching?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

Actually its "The Grand Tour"

so

Top Gear Two

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Last week's Top Gear US? It was really good by TGUS standards - they enter a car in LeMons and Tanner drives a Koenigsegg One:1

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I think he means the hastily-finished final episode of Top Gear proper.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

fyodor posted:

I think he means the hastily-finished final episode of Top Gear proper.

"I hate working on top gear"

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Yeah it's a pair of cheap car challenges that are pretty funny. The first is with classic cars (MG-B, Fiat 124 and a Peugeot 304), and the second is with SUVs (Vauxhall Frontera, Mitsubishi Pinin and Jeep Cherokee). The only studio segments are Hammond and May saying a few lines to camera introducing the film, while a large plastic elephant named Jeremy stands unmentioned in the background.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Sounds promising http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/15/top-gears-chris-evans-is-preparing-for-imminent-career-death-5882792/

Metro posted:

Top Gear’s Chris Evans is preparing for ‘imminent career death’

Top Gear’s Chris Evans has admitted that he is preparing for ‘imminent career death’ thanks to the ‘malcontents’ who have been ‘mud-slinging’ his way.

‘As a consequence of the mud-slinging, I have taken to daily, contemplative soaks in the bath-tub of “worst-case scenario”,’ wrote Chris in the Mail On Sunday’s Event magazine. ‘I am a realist hoping for the best, while preparing for potential imminent career death.’

Chris has been the subject of recent bullying claims and reports of ‘diva antics’ on the set of the rebooted motoring show Top Gear. He revealed earlier this month that he has become ‘increasingly worried’ for his family as the claims have affected behaviour towards his wife and children. He added: ‘I have no idea what it is that’s driving these malcontents to stoop so low, but I wish them well with their inner demons.’

‘I could apply for a correspondence course in becoming an international hitman,’ he joked before going on to reveal how he would advertise his services: ‘To anyone getting grief from untalented weasels in our industry, whose only role in life has evolved into peddling slander about others in order to extend their otherwise moribund existence, STEP ASIDE, ALLOW ME.’

Chris, who is also a popular radio DJ on BBC Radio 2, did reveal however that the stories regarding his alleged behaviour has been ‘a long overdue and welcome wake-up call with regards to career mortality’. The 50-year-old is one of the BBC’s highest paid stars however as the corporation comes under scrutiny over how much it pays its top stars, Chris admitted that he probably is paid too much.

‘People who do what I do for a living compared to people in the real world, get paid too much money,’ he told reporters outside Broadcasting House. ‘Most of us work part-time anyway, so just pay us less. That’s what I would do. It’s not rocket science.’

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
That guy sounds like a professional victim.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

My dearest Sabine. I'm so sorry.

edit: VVV He is incredibly unlikeable.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 15, 2016

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Maybe if he wasn't such a whiny oval office people wouldn't find his actions and behavior so goddamnd grating? Serves that fucker right. Let's get a new top gear with Leblanc, Harris and Sabine! Preferably where in future seasons they can refer to a certain red haired Ferrari driving malcontent.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Its usually a bad idea to publically call for your own pay cut. Thats more of a "big concession to get something" move, or even a "dont do this" kind of thing.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I thought when James suggested all this ~drama~ about the new Top Gear being a ploy to keep people interested was pretty spot-on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think the drama was unintentional and then they just ran with it. The entire production was ok with drifting a car around on London streets. Some worrywart gets offended because a war memorial happened to be down the street in the background so Chris Evans pretends he didn't know it was happening and would make sure it wouldn't make it to air.