Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Pyroclastic posted:

I opened the rest, and confirmed I do have three full sets, so I have two spare. I may make another visit and feel out a few more to make another set or two.

If you end up with any more unclaimed sets I would be down to have one shipped if you are into that. I bought Simpson's series 2 from some rando on Amazon and it turned out ok but I'd rather not do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Where the hell are people finding the Disney figs? They've been sold out since day 1 in every shop I go to. Asda, Sainsbury's, Waterstones... absolutely jack poo poo anywhere.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Indiana Jones coming to Dimensions would smash what little willpower I have left.

Is Dimensions still going? I haven't heard anything about any new waves other than what's already been advertised, and I was in my local Target last week, and they had the core gameset on sale for 45 bucks. I took it to mean it was dying.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Davros1 posted:

Is Dimensions still going? I haven't heard anything about any new waves other than what's already been advertised, and I was in my local Target last week, and they had the core gameset on sale for 45 bucks. I took it to mean it was dying.

Season Two is being shown off at E3 next month. The first waves were the most successful Toy to Game releases ever. I assume the rest did equally as well.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

Season Two is being shown off at E3 next month. The first waves were the most successful Toy to Game releases ever. I assume the rest did equally as well.

Cool. I was a little bummed, because where I live, they don't seem to sell at all.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I am waiting to see if season to gets a new base (hopefully not, I hated that with skylanders) and whether the season one models drop in price. I haven't bought anything yet, because while I am really tempted by the game, the packs are WAY overpriced.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Hopper posted:

So err... what is a LUG and how do I get in?
Lego User Group. https://lan.lego.com/lugs

Find a local one and show up to the next event!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hopper posted:

I am waiting to see if season to gets a new base (hopefully not, I hated that with skylanders) and whether the season one models drop in price. I haven't bought anything yet, because while I am really tempted by the game, the packs are WAY overpriced.

It won't. Lego have said the current base is good for 3 years.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Hopper posted:

The new thing is vignette packs apparently. They cover and entire tile, so you can have three in use at a time and they give you a little slice of game world. So, you can mix a Ghostbusters reboot vignette with a Doctor Who one and kind of course you're own adventure.

The only ones we've heard rumors of so far is a Ghostbusters reboot one that has a McCarthy possessed minifig and a slice of the new HQ, and a 1st Doctor one that comes with a slice of the scrapyard.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I love what some people are speculating for the new Dimensions packs:

http://brickinquirer.com/2015/09/21/report-harry-potter-and-other-franchises-leaked-for-lego-dimensions-2/

Yeah, I don't think Lego's going to be doing an A-Team and Knight Rider pack.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Davros1 posted:

I love what some people are speculating for the new Dimensions packs:

http://brickinquirer.com/2015/09/21/report-harry-potter-and-other-franchises-leaked-for-lego-dimensions-2/

Yeah, I don't think Lego's going to be doing an A-Team and Knight Rider pack.

AT is more than likely Adventure Time.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well, looks like it is time to grab a Dimensions starter pack after the GF and I finish Lego Batman 3, which will be a while as we just started and play less in summer.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

AT is more than likely Adventure Time.

I would buy the poo poo out of an A-Team and Knight Rider pack, however.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm having trouble locating certain pieces on pick a brick, brick link and eBay. It's entirely possible I'm doing something wrong but is that common? The 2 pieces in for sure having difficulty with are 2x4 flat tile in dark grey and 2x2x3 /73 in dark gray.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Feenix posted:

I'm having trouble locating certain pieces on pick a brick, brick link and eBay. It's entirely possible I'm doing something wrong but is that common? The 2 pieces in for sure having difficulty with are 2x4 flat tile in dark grey and 2x2x3 /73 in dark gray.

It looks like the 2x4 tile was never made in dark grey, just dark bluish grey:

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=87079#T=S&C=85&O=%7B%22color%22:85%7D

The other brick is available though:

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=30145#T=S&C=10&O=%7B%22color%22:10%7D

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Huh, that guy's X-Wing stand is a sham, then! ;)

(not that I mind doing the whole thing in another color...)

Thanks!

[edit] Sorry, the second link is not the piece I was referring to. My bad... 2x2x3 73 Angle slope whatever. Like a tall Slope piece.

[Ed]I'm just gonna switch to all-black. I think I'll have better luck.. :)

Feenix fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 11, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oh, well that part exists too! There are two versions, "smooth" and "textured":

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=3684b#T=S&C=10&O=%7B%22color%22:10%7D

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=3684#T=S&C=10&O=%7B%22color%22:10%7D

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
So this is kinda weird but I've always had an ear for sound effects in media. I think it started from watching too many cartoons and noticing the Wilhelm Scream in Star Wars. Anyway I am certain that last piece is what the Lego video games use for a lot of their recordings. It it's horn like shape is probably what gives it its character.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I've never seen that 2x2x3 brick before. Huh. The non sloping one.

I guess it's specifically for load-bearing like the couple 2x1x2 weird ones I have.

Electromax fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 11, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego likes to drop stuff like that in in cases where they can't offset bricks to build structure, but need strength. I haven't encountered that specific brick either, but we all probably have a handful of the 2x1x2's.

My favorite is the 1x1x5.

These days they seem more willing to use technic pins to stiffen things up, which is probably a better long term solution.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So, I went scouting through town for Football minifigs. Loosk liek I won't be able to get any at all if what clerks tell me is true.
Every body I asked said they only come out on Saturday the 14th, and 5 shops (the major retailers in downtown) said I need to be there really early because they have shitloads of inquires already but only get one box and don't do reservations.

And I am in Switzerland Friday to Monday... :negative:

The most annoying part was in one shop there was a rather cluesless girl I asked. She said "We just got a box today, but I don't know where my colleague put it". She even checked the storage for me. No dice. I guess her colleague sold it to herself. :argh:

Side note: No Disney minifigs anywhere in sight, and none of the shops received them. One shop said, they onyl come in July?! (Lego sells them though).

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
If you're looking for Disney figs in Orlando the Disney Springs Lego Store sold out of their 3000 units in 3 hours, but World of Disney next door has been getting in crates every couple of days (God knows how or why, the Lego store can't get more apparently). People come in and feel out the packs but they do a poo poo job, I was told there were no more Mickeys left and I ended up with one, so check then yourself to be sure.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

My target still had a full rack of the last series, should I assume they are waiting for them to sell out or a reset for the Disney ones? I found one Disney just sitting on that rack. Seemed like it wasn't meant to be there

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Hopper posted:

Lego Dimensions and it's packs are priced like video games so deep discounts after a few months.

Never pay more than half price for the packs. There are always deals at most retailers for at least the fun packs. I have never paid more than half MSRP on fun packs. A few weeks ago, Target through their Cartwheel app had Lego Movie and Ninjago fun packs for 75% off. This week, BTTF level pack was $11.99 at Best Buy. Sometimes it means waiting for what you really want, but it's worthwhile to watch out for(Reddit has a weekly deals thread in their subreddit).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ltr posted:

Lego Dimensions and it's packs are priced like video games so deep discounts after a few months.

Never pay more than half price for the packs. There are always deals at most retailers for at least the fun packs.

NB - this is only valid for the US. The UK is hopeless at sales on them.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah same for Germany, no sales at all in retail. There was one on Amazon where the fun packs were like 10%off.

I have never understood why the U.S. gets these crazy discounts on stuff and we don't. But part of it is a mindset of "we rich Germans can afford it". Which really sucks.

EDIT: My Quest for Lego German Footballers

Dear diary, I went to 3 more stores today, none of which will be receiving any of the football minifigs. They know of them but won't be getting any because they are so limited.
I will try to talk my 65 year old mother into going to one of the toy stores I know will be getting them right at opening time on Saturday morning to buy as many as she can "for her grand children".
I wasn't even interested in the beginning and mainly wanted to get them so I could forward doubles to goons overseas, now that I see how rare they are, they will likely be a good but very hard to come by "investment"...

I feel slightly worried about the lengths I go to for some Lego minifigs...

Hopper fucked around with this message at 10:46 on May 12, 2016

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

DrChud posted:

My target still had a full rack of the last series, should I assume they are waiting for them to sell out or a reset for the Disney ones? I found one Disney just sitting on that rack. Seemed like it wasn't meant to be there

I found the exact same thing at my Target a few days ago. One lonely Disney bag on the rack with the last series. I went back yesterday for something and saw that it was about half and half now. Got my Ursula, Peter Pan, and Hook, but sadly there weren't any Maleficent out!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I'm not interested in soccer at all, but if they are going to be that rare I can try and grab a box as well. Maybe I'll have better luck than Hopper.

E: speaking of sales... a store here still has half a dozen alien motherships on the shelves for full retail.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Munich has too many people with more disposable income than sense. (I am not one of them sadly.)

I instructed my mother to go into town and "BUY ALL THE SOCCER MINIFIGS YOU CAN GET". In German but literally this and in caps in an email with a pic of the pack so she knows what to look for.
My 65 year old mother is hunting Legos for us. I hope you are happy now.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Ika posted:

I'm not interested at all, but if they are going to be that rare I can try and grab a box

The most dangerous road for a lego collector to start down...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Hopper posted:

Frankly I won't be happy unless she gets a selfie with the box. ( and we get to see it...)

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Hopper posted:

Yeah, Munich has too many people with more disposable income than sense. (I am not one of them sadly.)

I instructed my mother to go into town and "BUY ALL THE SOCCER MINIFIGS YOU CAN GET". In German but literally this and in caps in an email with a pic of the pack so she knows what to look for.

Make sure she packs her finest jorts.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My local Sainsburys has 2 full boxes of the Dosney minifigs. Shame I don't want any of them.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Electromax posted:

The most dangerous road for a lego collector to start down...

I know. I have all the other series, except for simpsons. Still need to pick up Disney, although I think I'll only get the six or so I want instead of a full set.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

My local Sainsburys has 2 full boxes of the Dosney minifigs. Shame I don't want any of them.

Dosney, the Welsh version of Disney

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Retail stores don't stock the Disney ones here :iiam:

I'll pay the Lego Store a visit soon, they always help you feel up the figs with a 100% hit ratio. I can do it myself but having up to 3 employees help me is way faster and love doing it.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I haven't found Disney minifigs here but sometimes we just skip a wave altogether?

Our Target will sell through a couple waves in a pretty timely manner, then get choked up on one (Simpsons series 2 did this, I think the recent Halloween series too) and we'll skip a wave or two; they never stocked the last wave and it doesn't look like they're doing Disney either since the aisle cap is now covered in blindbag Minions instead. :shrug:

I went 10 for 10 when I found the last wave somewhere else though so I'm ready to press my luck if the Barnes and Noble picks them up or something.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I always see the Disney ones at target, but the only one I want is ursula for some reason even I'm not sure of. Not enough tot feel up bags though.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

I always see the Disney ones at target, but the only one I want is ursula for some reason even I'm not sure of. Not enough tot feel up bags though.

Ursula is crazy-easy to feel. She's by far the bulkiest, with her tentacles. A quick squeeze at worst, and you might even be able to just see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
My local Barnes and Noble (Lakeline, in Austin) has a few boxes of the Disney ones, as well as the Halloween ones.