Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

The best part of the "returning from last-gen" perks was that someone made a mod adding them to the PC version... and a bunch of people jumped up in arms to defend rockstar's RIGHT to include content they can't access without having bought the game twice.

I can't really stand people who jump up to defend large corporations who don't give a poo poo about them, just because of how attached they are to the branding. Who knows, it may well still be available, but obviously not for online.

EDIT: This brings me to a different point: I wouldn't know because GTA Online sounds like a festering pile of garbage, hacking, and microtransactions. Did that rumor that the people developing alternate, server-based multiplayer got visited by ~private investigators~ ever pan out? Are those projects still going? Might bring me back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
The FiveM guys either got thoroughly shut down or wised up enough to keep quiet about what they were doing, but either way there's no news.

I will say that if you've been avoiding the PC version because of hackers Rockstar updated the detection tools a week or so back and anecdotally, the mumble crew hasn't seen one since then. Before you'd run into one every large session so it's a fantastic change.

As for grinding/microtransactions, there's usually someone on mumble who's down for some serious cash generation and if you're not the grinding type you really don't need fancy expensive stuff to goof around with the rest of us.

Mumble makes Online fun, is what I'm getting at.

e: I also want a Dukes but can't ever have one :(

Ripper Swarm fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 28, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
GTA Online would be great if literally every player I've ever seen wasn't driving an Armored Kuruma. gently caress those things, they trivialize every mission in the game and just sucks the fun right out of it, might as well be using cheats. If you're about to chime in to defend them, then gently caress you too.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The FiveM and GTA-MP multiplayer mods were both shutdown with legal actions, the former quite forcefully so. Seems like TakeTwo is invested in forcing people to play the lame freeroam with no proximal voicechat that we are stuck with. It's frustrating considering the multiplayer could be so much more.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I would even be down for paying money for cars like DLC if thats what they want to do.

And yes armored kurumas are lame. Mine stays in the nearby apartment for the bank robbery/bike getaway because gently caress that heist more than kurumas.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Well, you can literally do that...There's sharkcards and everything.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Yeah it turns out bikes are such an easy way to get 1.25 and that much more fun.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

mutata posted:

Taking about Dukes, which isn't available to buy for people that didnt transfer characters.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cage posted:

Taking about Dukes, which isn't available to buy for people that didnt transfer characters.

Ah, gotcha.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

mutata posted:

Yeah, you can spend 20 real life dollars for a fake video game car. Even with sims, you aren't going to spend more than 15 dollars on a car. And that's a laser scanned perfectly replicated version.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Cage posted:

Hey, I was at midnight launch for the PS3 release then preordered the PC version almost 2 years later. I deserve something special for my retarded fanboyism!

Lukano
Apr 28, 2003

Zigmidge posted:

Are you in lljk yet? Come hang out with us in the online thread and mumble - I see you online a bunch.

Yeah I joined LLJK and was hanging in mumble yesterday.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
For the triathlons on next gen: they changed it so when you're in 1st person mode you automatically run & only have to hold X to sprint, is this the same for swimming or do you still have to mash x/A?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

So my PC actually can run the game, but getting my PS2 controller to work is Literal Hell.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fat Lowtax posted:

So my PC actually can run the game, but getting my PS2 controller to work is Literal Hell.

Use Joy2Key.

RockNRoll Jesus
Jan 3, 2008

FIND YOUR GOD FUCKING FLASH DRIVE
I'm really angry. I have this game through Steam and play it often. Tonight it asked me to login to RGSC as it does sometimes. I did but the launcher did not recognize me. I I had forgotten my Rockstar password so I logged in wrong a couple times. Changed my password and tried it again. Nothing. So I tried it again and again until the Rockstar app told me that Steam had a problem with my identity or some poo poo. I bought this loving game and I can't play it. I am livid and I even looked for phone numbers to call but there are none. The only option is to start a thread on a forum. Of all of these modern gaming trends, this is loving bullshit. Back in the day, there was at least a number we could call that would get us someone we could yell at. Feel free to tell me that I'm a big baby but my account was blocked after I changed my password. Now I can't play the game that I bought. Horse poo poo.

RockNRoll Jesus fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 8, 2016

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.

RockNRoll Jesus posted:

I'm really angry. I have this game through Steam and play it often. Tonight it asked me to login to RGSC as it does sometimes. I did but the launcher did not recognize me. I I had forgotten my Rockstar password so I logged in wrong a couple times. Changed my password and tried it again. Nothing. So I tried it again and again until the Rockstar app told me that Steam had a problem with my identity or some poo poo. I bought this loving game and I can't play it. I am livid and I even looked for phone numbers to call but there are none. The only option is to start a thread on a forum. Of all of these modern gaming trends, this is loving bullshit. Back in the day, there was at least a number we could call that would get us someone we could yell at. Feel free to tell me that I'm a big baby but my account was blocked after I changed my password. Now I can't play the game that I bought. Horse poo poo.

http://rsg.ms/support

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
Open up a support ticket, and if you want even faster resolution, tweet to R* support about your situation and how it is unacceptable and mention the ticket number.

Twitter is the new phone support.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

RockNRoll Jesus posted:

Are you using Windows 10? I had this login problems in 10 so I downgraded back to Windows 7 and GTA works beautifully.

E: that won't help with account blocking but otherwise if you get it fixed

E2: r* is so loving stupid with their PC DRM

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 8, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Have you tried logging into the social club website? Sometimes doing that unfucks logging into the game.

RockNRoll Jesus
Jan 3, 2008

FIND YOUR GOD FUCKING FLASH DRIVE
^^^This worked, thank you^^^

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So yeah, dumb rear end goon help make my game suck less post incoming.

Basically, everything looks great but for some reason I'm getting a lot of pop in and unloaded texture issues when driving. Like blurry or not even there textures.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Nvidia or AMD? Or do people call those Radeon? I dunno I always use Nvidia.

For Nvidia an option in the Nvidia Control Panel that you want to make sure is switched on:

Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Performance
Maximum Pre-rendered Frames: 1 (though I have seen people suggesting recently that 3 might be better... I haven't tested this. 3 did seem to help Ark)

Also one thing to consider is using Display Driver Uninstaller to completely remove your video drivers and start over with fresh drivers. Evidently old drivers leave junk lying around and it can slow games down, I know I definitely got a performance increase when I used this.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Feb 17, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

SeanBeansShako posted:

So yeah, dumb rear end goon help make my game suck less post incoming.

Basically, everything looks great but for some reason I'm getting a lot of pop in and unloaded texture issues when driving. Like blurry or not even there textures.

Weak cpu. What do you have?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Also one thing to consider is using Display Driver Uninstaller to completely remove your video drivers and start over with fresh drivers. Evidently old drivers leave junk lying around and it can slow games down, I know I definitely got a performance increase when I used this.

this sounds like a placebo if i ever heard of one

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

Weak cpu. What do you have?

I have a AMD Quad Core, according to Can I Run It I can run the game pretty much 100% on minimum settings and like 90% if reccomended due to said CPU.

I have a nasty feeling this is going to be a 'welp, try again with a better CPU' sort of problem :(.

EDIT: Awesome fixed, thanks SolidSnakesBandana!

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 17, 2016

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

Gyshall posted:

this sounds like a placebo if i ever heard of one

Hardware companies are poo poo at writing software and fancy things like a working uninstaller are seen as luxuries. 90% of the time nowadays you can just install on top of the old drivers but every so often the OS will just latch onto an old or corrupted file hidden away in a subfolder somewhere and it will break poo poo.

Happened a lot more often a decade ago but much like turning a machine off then on again it's an old fix that still works most of the time.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

SeanBeansShako posted:

I have a AMD Quad Core, according to Can I Run It I can run the game pretty much 100% on minimum settings and like 90% if reccomended due to said CPU.

I have a nasty feeling this is going to be a 'welp, try again with a better CPU' sort of problem :(.

EDIT: Awesome fixed, thanks SolidSnakesBandana!

I am sorry, but AMD is not as good as Intel when it comes to performance. So it is a "try again with a better CPU" thing.

No idea what to turn down for CPU performance though.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The game runs much better than GTA:IV, how was your performance in that game?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Dunno-Lars posted:

I am sorry, but AMD is not as good as Intel when it comes to performance. So it is a "try again with a better CPU" thing.

No idea what to turn down for CPU performance though.

It's sorted now. It was a graphics card settings issue.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm trying to add custom music to GTA 5 on PC and my user tracks folder is full of about 4,000 files, some mp3 and some aac maybe a few others, and I'm trying to do a full scan and it says its scanning but I've played about more than 10 minutes and it still hasn't finished or added the custom radio station. It was working before I added more tracks to it, but after I did I was having issues loading the game but I fixed it by turning auto scan off. Is there a way to see the progress of how far it is into scanning?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I just tried Online for the first time on the PC. Is there a Goon Crew to join?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Yep.

There's an online-only discussion thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682735

And the crew joining request thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
How active is the modding community for GTA V? The modding thread seems to have died, and I don't see too many new mods. Did Rockstar just not give a drat about the modding community?

By now I was hoping to have a ton of mods but that is not the case, and it's quite disappointing. What gives?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Oh, on the contrary, they gave quite the drat about the modding community and it explains the current state of affairs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They don't care if you mod your single player game but they will offer no assistance. If you dare to mod the multiplayer, they will literally hire a PI and hunt you down.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

They don't care if you mod your single player game but they will offer no assistance. If you dare to mod the multiplayer, they will literally hire a PI and hunt you down.

Given they made pretty much the entire gamebudget back via shark cards, I can sort of understand their disposition.

On the other hand if Online had not been so utterly broken for such a long period I might have had some actual sympathy.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Cojawfee posted:

Can anyone provide any stories about this?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Regalingualius posted:

Can anyone provide any stories about this?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/11/gta-5-modders-claim-take-two-sent-private-investigators-to-their-home/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Honest
Aug 17, 2009
Just reinstalled this after a long break from gaming. Is anyone else having trouble getting Scripthook to work? Did the latest GTA update break it?

• Locked thread