Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"free-to-google"

I'm amused some people are that surprised the mobile games would be F2P. Fire Emblem especially would go up against other "tactical" games in the mobile space and, additionally, Japanese consumers are known for spending quite a bit in microtransactions. It's just the best approach for the current market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Did Puzzle and Dragon Mario do the "free to start" which is just a crazy 21st century way to say a "demo"

No, it's a regular one-time-purchase game with no microtransactions.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

It's just the best approach for the current market.

hosed up but sadly true

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 11, 2016

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

In Training posted:

Did Puzzle and Dragon Mario do the "free to start" which is just a crazy 21st century way to say a "demo"

They use the term as a more honest way of describing the free to play model.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

No, it's a regular one-time-purchase game with no microtransactions.

Oops. Well this is the model I like, but i think a proper fire emblem game would work fine on a phone, hopefully it's not drowned in f2p nonsense.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hopefully they'll be like Pokemon Picross and be good games with stupid F2P energy mechanics that you can pay a reasonable amount of money to remove.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I'm just glad that this means they're (hopefully) going to be actual games! I was worried we'd get what were basically just companion apps or something, like that Animal Crossing Plaza on Wii U.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nintendo said the Animal Crossing app will be a companion title to a console game and the Fire Emblem would be more accessible than standard FE games, that's all we know.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Spirit Tracks literally got to a point where I couldn't proceed past one of the dumb as hell flute sections. Like I was turning off fans, my television an going into rooms that were completely quiet. I had done a few of the earlier dumb as hell flute puzzles so I don't know what was going on, but I stopped playing the game and in my opinion it is in fact the worst Zelda.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Not sure if it's the right thread, but 3DS news.

Ace Attorney 6 out in NA/EU in September. Digital download only, $30/€30/£25.

Style Savvy 3 coming to NA August 19th.

2DS to retail at $80 with Mario Kart 7 bundled starting May 20th.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Is ace attorney 6 that historical one Ora new one?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ineffiable posted:

Is ace attorney 6 that historical one Ora new one?

The new one.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
It's a new one set in not-Tibet and the prosecutor is a not-Buddhist monk.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

death to mobile

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Come on, Capcom, give us Great Ace Attorney and AAI2

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Patter Song posted:

It's a new one set in not-Tibet and the prosecutor is a not-Buddhist monk.

I hope they try to act like it's Seattle in the localization.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

deadly_pudding posted:

I hope they try to act like it's Seattle in the localization.

A secluded mountainous realm with many powerful, pious religious people? Clearly Utah.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
How often does PW Trilogy go on sale on the eShop? I can't find my DS carts and want to replay them before the new one, so if it's often I might just pick it up from the eShop instead of digging around forever.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
B0L8S98338JTF3DS

Free code from the humble bundle. For a 3DS from the US.

Taken

Senerio fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 11, 2016

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

How often does PW Trilogy go on sale on the eShop? I can't find my DS carts and want to replay them before the new one, so if it's often I might just pick it up from the eShop instead of digging around forever.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2016/05/11/ace-attorney-games-on-sale-now-through-may-18th-on-na-3ds-eshop

It's on sale now for $17.99 actually.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Senerio posted:

B0L8S98338JTF3DS

Free code from the humble bundle. For a 3DS from the US.

Thank you very much for nano assault, Senerio!! :D

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

FirstAidKite posted:

Thank you very much for nano assault, Senerio!! :D

Did not look like my cup of tea so I am glad someone who likes the game got it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm picking between the 3ds and Wii U version of Citizens of Earth from the Humble Bundle. Is one version better than the other because of bugs or anything I should know about?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Pick the U one; the 3DS one freezes and thus randomly loses progress.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
The 3DS one can run unsigned code.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
NA is getting Phantom Hourglass tomorrow

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Willo567 posted:

NA is getting Phantom Hourglass tomorrow

Guess talking about it for the last two page caused Nintendo to listen. How does the gimmick with the map work when you can't close the screen anymore?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I rented it about 7 years ago and hated it. Is it worth a second shot?

(Probably not, I know, but someone could try to talk me into it)

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rirse posted:

Guess talking about it for the last two page caused Nintendo to listen. How does the gimmick with the map work when you can't close the screen anymore?

Just fold the gamepad in half on your knee

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Home Button or ZR put the DS in sleep mode, which should act as closing the lid.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Patter Song posted:

I rented it about 7 years ago and hated it. Is it worth a second shot?

(Probably not, I know, but someone could try to talk me into it)

It's only worth playing with the fan patch that enables button controls imo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
US dudes, here's another "$10 eShop card for $7" promo, ends in ~14 hours: https://mobile.pcgamesupply.com/special-promotion/

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Do we get "gold coins" for redeeming the games in the humble bundle? I was out of town when I bought it and just got a chance to download them now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fremry posted:

Do we get "gold coins" for redeeming the games in the humble bundle? I was out of town when I bought it and just got a chance to download them now.

No

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

That sucks, obviously I understand why, but I was hoping to get New Luigi Bros U.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Awesome, totally picking that up then.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
So as of tomorrow, the only mainline Zelda games not playable on an NA Wii U, besides the GB/GBC titles, will be Majora's Mask and Spirit Tracks, with Skyward Sword available for physical but not digital play.

(This is excluding Four Swords Adventures for obvious reasons)

If Nintendo is trying to build Zelda hype before E3, will we see at least one of Majora's Mask, Spirit Tracks, or Skyward Sword added to VC before E3?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Patter Song posted:

So as of tomorrow, the only mainline Zelda games not playable on an NA Wii U, besides the GB/GBC titles, will be Majora's Mask and Spirit Tracks, with Skyward Sword available for physical but not digital play.

Pretty sure you can play Majora's Mask through Wii's Virtual Console.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Color Printer posted:

Pretty sure you can play Majora's Mask through Wii's Virtual Console.

Yeah, you can, I have it on my Wii U that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the only mainline zelda titles besides this brief list of exceptions