Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm not even looking for new factions rep, stuff from Eriador will do me just fine, it's just to get the TP.

On that note I hit world renowned on my main. That was worth 50 tp, so... yeah well worth that unconscious effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm not even looking for new factions rep, stuff from Eriador will do me just fine, it's just to get the TP.

On that note I hit world renowned on my main. That was worth 50 tp, so... yeah well worth that unconscious effort.

Nice, and yeah I am an idiot who can't read I'll see which rep items I have in my vaults.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Sammath Gul is out of the featured instance rotation, it's now Ost Elendil which only has something like three mechanisms to learn and is like 15 minutes tops to complete. Got a few 105 drops from it, it seems like getting new jewelery and a lot of anfalas scrolls, long-lost coins and 105 major essences for crafting is very easy from these. Getting the new gear? Not so much, seems like 2 drops per T2 challenge. I don't believe it's the same gear as the T2 new instances either, but still it's a nice halfway in between and it's easy as hell.

I'll run anyone through the 100 version if you're not 105 yet though it's seriously easy. Doing even 1 of these a day with the side quests is a good way to hit 105 quicker too.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
This thread is pretty quiet but here's some good news for even you hybrid retired-casuals

http://www.lotro.com/en/9anniversary

Starts the 22nd, probably between 3 am 9 am Friday eastern time that is.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
Oooh, nice! I think I'm 4 years now so I'll finally get that azure dress!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

alucinor posted:

420 dress dorfs in dresses errday.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

alucinor posted:

3/4 of the event started a day early, I think everything except the yearly rewards and the vendors are in right now.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
Holy poo poo the new dye colors are amazing.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

alucinor posted:

Holy poo poo the new dye colors are amazing.

I thought the new ones weren't in until the seasonal festival? What are they called?

Also I forgot to mention

http://www.lotro.com/en/lotrostoresale

On the website all expansions are 50 percent off until the 28th, quest packs are mentioned in game as being half off too, though it doesn't say if expansion packs are half off in game too I imagine they are as well.

The 9th anniversary has some new items including a new goat with long curled black horns, and it lasts til May 8th. The most fun way to earn tokens is the smash each other with clubs things under Thorin's Hall. You can also park all of your alts at the horse race in Bree or the Shire and do them twice a day, and I believe the envelopes collecting in Bree quest is either once or twice a day too.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
If I wanted every expansion I would get the quad pack + Helm's Deep then?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

revenance posted:

If I wanted every expansion I would get the quad pack + Helm's Deep then?

I don't know off the top of my head what's in the quad pack, but here's the list:

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/LOTRO_Store#Quests_.26_Content

You'd still be missing various quest packs (but you'd get some - like the separate Moria quest pack if you bought the whole Moria expansion).

You wouldn't need them all, but you would want ones for post-HD content, the Gondors and Old Anorien (something to take you from 95-100 - if you do all of HD, you can probably get by with just 1 or 2 of them).

Also, for any wondering like me, no, the new quest pack is not on sale, hah. I didn't think they'd be dumb enough to put it on sale right after releasing it, but since I haven't bought it yet, I did at least double check yesterday.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

extra stout posted:

I thought the new ones weren't in until the seasonal festival? What are they called?

They aren't, I saw them when I was trying my new 4 year dress on.

Images shamelessly stolen:

And just to show how a different item can take the dye differently:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

alucinor posted:

They aren't, I saw them when I was trying my new 4 year dress on.

Images shamelessly stolen:

And just to show how a different item can take the dye differently:

Those look pretty good, I'll have to see how Moria Silver looks like on some dwarf armor.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

As happens almost every Saturday I will be on at 2 PM PST (that's 9 PM GMT for you foreigners) dicking around in ye olde Middle Earthe.

I would like to run Sammuth Gul or Fornost, or we can go to Thorin's Hall and call targets in the beer brawl. Make people feel special as they get chased around the arena by a half-dozen Nazguns.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
Big pubbie roaming threats raid, starting in 20 minutes from this post time, Dol Amroth.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
I was at a wedding all night and missed those last posts/whatever you guys ran sorry, back to some lotro tonight though. Some stuff I've learned so far about the new gear and content:

The two essence slot sets pretty much suck, it's your choice if you feel like buying or bartering for removal scrolls when you're going to want the new four slot set bonus sets anyway.

The new four slot with a set bonus armor can drop:
-From the featured instance, at 100 or 105, though very rarely and this won't be a way to get your set so much as just farm essence recipes.
-From the new instances on tier 1, though from my luck this month it's equally as rare as from the featured instance, tier 1 is really mostly for crossing your fingers and for learning the new content
-Of course, from the new tier 2 instance, the only reliable way to get a full new set.

I'm seeing a lot of people running 105 Osgiliath instances. I'm told the armor can drop from this but very rarely, but apparently 105 jewelry is pretty common.

Meaning to gear up with the new best stuff your options are probably T2 Ruined City and Dome of the Stars for jewelry and whatever combination of the new instances you can handle and find friends to run with. Definitely do the featured instance at 100 and 105 daily despite the bad odds, you'll get about 4 anfalas scrolls a day to sell for 10-11 gold each, then the coins to barter for greater/supreme recipes to either gear out or sell for a lot of gold. You've got a small chance of the tier 15 and 16 stat tomes dropping, though they cannot be sold on the auction yet.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 2, 2016

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

We ran through... Carn Dum or For something last time for Ed's sake and then Blondii took us to see some spectacular sights. So that was cool. I've started re-leveling up a 29 RK in hopes of running her through Trollshaws and MIsty Mountains. I'm currently in Oatbarton or whatever in Evendim to get up to the minimum level, but I'm gonna push straight into the Shaws at 30 if anyone is similarly leveled and wants to group around there.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

That first questline up the hill in Oatbarton is one of my favourites. It hits at just the time that the Lone Lands make me long for the Shire. And it doesn't have a lot of tough combat in it, so if you're a power-leveler, you can start in on it as soon as the game lets you, and by the time you're done, you're closer in level to the next batch of quests.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I just reinstalled this on my laptop after a format (got a work trip coming up, might wanna game a little), and I noticed a few things:

1. I had to launch the launcher as an Admin after a bit, or else it was asking for permission, I'd give it to it, it'd say something about DirectX, then it'd crash with no errors or messages. So if anyone else is installing and having issues, that might help.
2. I remember when I first installed the game, the initial download was small, and you could get into the game and start playing really quickly, while it downloaded poo poo in the background. Are those days gone? It installed a poo poo ton of poo poo (I have the best words), and took quite a while (I was just watching TV so I didn't care). Maybe when I log in I'll see it'll still downloading even more or something, but it's not the experience I remember when I fired this back up when The Hobbit came out.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Sorry zao I have no idea about any of that, but! I have some data. Hosted a t1 Silent Street boss farm tonight, killed him 15 times.

3 four slot armors, 6 starlit crystals, 5 major essence. And 6 players of course. I think that makes your odds of getting the best armor off a t1 boss 1 in 30, or 3.3~ percent. Doesn't consider if it's an armor you already have. Chance of starlits is obviously double that.

So if you're going to try to gear out from t1, make sure to have a group that's super efficient and doesn't afk, tonight was about 90 minutes to get 3 people their armor, kind of grindy but not that bad. Once more and more people get even 2-4 pieces of the armor set and some jewelry, the time for doing t2 groups should be better and it'll become the only acceptable way to gear up. I've heard those drop rates are about double the t1.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
The drop rate on t1 is maybe more trash than I thought it was, just make sure to have insane luck or fit 50 boss kills in like I did this week

Both the two and the four piece set bonuses are amazing, I am pretty sure that Hilt Of Earnil trinket only drops on T2 maybe even T2 final bosses, still not too many of them around. I believe the 'unlock' part that is enabled is a morale bubble. Feel free to join me later tonight after mother's day things are over, I still need the helmet and a couple more 105 supremes before I move on to mostly doing T2.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender
Holy poo poo, nice. That set will be amazing. I guess the drops are class specific?

I regret not being around more this weekend, but realized I should probably work on the garden IRL instead of in game. Worst choice. Grinded countless dandilions and burdocks and the only good drop was a rusty fork.

Praying for rain next weekend.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

alucinor posted:

Holy poo poo, nice. That set will be amazing. I guess the drops are class specific?

I regret not being around more this weekend, but realized I should probably work on the garden IRL instead of in game. Worst choice. Grinded countless dandilions and burdocks and the only good drop was a rusty fork.

Praying for rain next weekend.

Yeah you get the armor that fits your class, everyone got one, even beornings have a nice set. The two slot gear is worse of course, it does have a 10 percent run speed bonus so it could be funny (and save you some gold on essence) to run 4 4 slots and 2 slots for all set bonuses.

Other info off the top of my head: Silent Street drops the helmet and the chest piece, two are from Quays, two are from Serpent, totally blanking on those and will edit this post later.

Gardening is cool, please give me tips on how to make my dill weed grow a lot.

edit

Offer to run Inn is gone because the new week's instance is rotated in, Ost Dunhoth! It sounds bad to get 12 people in a pug together but the content, especially the 100 one, is pretty easy/intentionally poorly scaled.

double edit

Also the 9th anniversary festival is over as of this morning, the oddly timed/delayed Spring festival starts early June I believe.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 10, 2016

Zvim
Sep 18, 2009
I need to get motivated to level my Beorning. Overwhelming how much stuff there is to do for a new character.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Zvim posted:

I need to get motivated to level my Beorning. Overwhelming how much stuff there is to do for a new character.

I know the feeling. It is a funny thing that a lot of people consider the game boring or without things to do but in reality it is a game with 9 years of things to do, it's just hard to decide which to do and the best way to do them without a group of friends or cool players, which most people aren't connected to because it's a free game you can keep installed and just log in when you want to hear the music and kill some orcs and see what's changed. I just joined a ventrilo yesterday with my kin only to realize they still actively raid with another much bigger group that I totally didn't know existed.

Also Ost Dunhoth is very very easy at both the current form at 100 and 105 for the featured instance. It's basically a way to meet people and get some loot and see Durin's Bane if you haven't before. Even if you're not 105, if you're 100 just post here what time/time zone is good for you and I'll start bringing goons into my daily raid for OD and for some new Pelennor runs.

~edit~ Not fun words about our inactive steward ~~

Also Oxphocker/Hoboknife if you are still around: Please do not melt down from this but you moved your big challenge thing to not count until May, which means the new 'expansion' came out and the level cap raised to 105. This was probably intentional to make it even more annoying to do, but a month into the new content you have logged in once a week and are still level 101. Does the content we run need to be 105 now? If so, we don't have enough goons. If it can be 100, there won't be much interest. See the problem here? I've had some players and officers message me asking if we should just switch to a new kin, the idea would be to invite all goons who want to come to it, ally with my other kin and some friend's kins, and essentially just play the game with an active leader. Let me know which idea seems more reasonable to you.

Despite three people including you claiming the game is just too old and an active leader wouldn't help, it still seems like a good option to a few of us, and I definitely know enough good players on Landroval to network this thing into becoming a raiding and maybe part time PVP kin again. The new raid is almost here, we need someone to fill slots with 105 players and be online to help out, and keep a good attitude going with informed tips about new content.

Zvim
Sep 18, 2009
I am just curious what a change of leadership would do? I do think guilds/kins need to be active and doing stuff, otherwise people who periodically come back will likely get bored and leave again, but can't we still do the organising of stuff within the current framework?

I am in an Oceanic tz so I am used to not seeing people around much at all and because of that haven't really seen any higher level instances or any raids, I could probably do them if I had a burning desire to do them with public groups but I've always had stuff to do on my army of alts.

It would be cool to do more interesting stuff, would you be able to organise stuff without leadership or are there some structural issues?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Zvim posted:

I am just curious what a change of leadership would do? I do think guilds/kins need to be active and doing stuff, otherwise people who periodically come back will likely get bored and leave again, but can't we still do the organising of stuff within the current framework?

I am in an Oceanic tz so I am used to not seeing people around much at all and because of that haven't really seen any higher level instances or any raids, I could probably do them if I had a burning desire to do them with public groups but I've always had stuff to do on my army of alts.

It would be cool to do more interesting stuff, would you be able to organise stuff without leadership or are there some structural issues?

I have explained this a few times so I don't mean to seem annoyed by it, but keep in mind Hobo will be posting another four page rage reply soon about how we're wrong and bad, so I'm saving it for then. It's just really awkward for the guy to chat in game and on the forums about how he's back and interested in running things again, then several months of nothing follows the previous several years of nothing. I've gotten a few pms about this and it is genuinely weird not to just pick a more active player and let them be in charge of things. And again, no it does not need to be me, been enjoying my current kin for like four years.

No matter what he says, he will not actively play and lead again, probably ever. It's some kind of control issue, and considering some of us still enjoy the game and are good at it, it's not good for the players. I can and do organize things already, as far as doing them under the Nazgun name it's kind of a waste of time when you don't often have officers online to invite anyone, and he can kick any new recruits for being 'spies' or for making mild jokes that are exactly like the ones on the forums.

Zvim
Sep 18, 2009

extra stout posted:

I have explained this a few times so I don't mean to seem annoyed by it, but keep in mind Hobo will be posting another four page rage reply soon about how we're wrong and bad, so I'm saving it for then. It's just really awkward for the guy to chat in game and on the forums about how he's back and interested in running things again, then several months of nothing follows the previous several years of nothing. I've gotten a few pms about this and it is genuinely weird not to just pick a more active player and let them be in charge of things. And again, no it does not need to be me, been enjoying my current kin for like four years.

No matter what he says, he will not actively play and lead again, probably ever. It's some kind of control issue, and considering some of us still enjoy the game and are good at it, it's not good for the players. I can and do organize things already, as far as doing them under the Nazgun name it's kind of a waste of time when you don't often have officers online to invite anyone, and he can kick any new recruits for being 'spies' or for making mild jokes that are exactly like the ones on the forums.

It wouldn't be SA without MMO guild drama. I hope things work out.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

extra stout posted:

Just make a new kin and recruit whoever you want. I don't see what the dilemma is here? The only thing that would be in bad taste is coming into this thread repeatedly afterwards advertising for it. Just post your own thread and recruit from there. It's not like anyone can stop you.

Also come back after you have either been successful or failed miserably and gloat/lament accordingly.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

extra stout posted:

I've had some players and officers message me asking if we should just switch to a new kin, the idea would be to invite all goons who want to come to it, ally with my other kin and some friend's kins, and essentially just play the game with an active leader. Let me know which idea seems more reasonable to you.

Despite three people including you claiming the game is just too old and an active leader wouldn't help, it still seems like a good option to a few of us, and I definitely know enough good players on Landroval to network this thing into becoming a raiding and maybe part time PVP kin again. The new raid is almost here, we need someone to fill slots with 105 players and be online to help out, and keep a good attitude going with informed tips about new content.

What we've told you multiple times is that there isn't enough goon interest to fully staff a raiding guild.

I know that I at least said that multiple times, but at the same time said your other option is to find another guild. A goon only guild doesn't have it anymore for this game.

That said - if you've found a good home for goons that want to raid (or not), or if you want to start your own guild and invite goons and non-goons, go for it! No hard feelings, no reason to act like it's a drama bomb or something. If we all wanted to merge into another guild, I wouldn't mind that either. I just like some green chat when I pop in to do poo poo.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Did Andrii get a name change or something because boy does this poo poo look familiar.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 11, 2016

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
As stated before, anything moria level or higher counts (except Turtle obviously...it needs to be a real raid with multi bosses/trash mobs) so level shouldn't matter. Run DN 9 times and the dragon in Enedwaith for all I care, you're really missing the whole point that I made in the challenge in the first place, but whatever floats your boat.

Edit: FYI just logged in this afternoon...no one online and kinlist says only 19 characters have been online since I was 4 days ago, pretty sure about half of those are people's alts (judging by the level) so realistically, fewer than 10 people have been online the past couple of days.

Oxphocker fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 11, 2016

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

flowinprose posted:

Just make a new kin and recruit whoever you want. I don't see what the dilemma is here? The only thing that would be in bad taste is coming into this thread repeatedly afterwards advertising for it. Just post your own thread and recruit from there. It's not like anyone can stop you.

Also come back after you have either been successful or failed miserably and gloat/lament accordingly.

That would be logical and he would then have to make something else up to whine about then.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

flowinprose posted:

Thanks for the advice, I did post my own thread - it's this one, the leader of the kin locked and deleted the old one after posing several pages of rage when asked to play the game or pass the lead. You know, this thread, the one where I spent a year or some poo poo posting the sales and new content trying to keep the game going.

edit

Also I'm not going to post names because I have PMs of people saying 'that guy is loving mental and I don't want him contacting me' but half of the remaining high level players have talked to me about this, I guess I will accept that a couple of people who like the guy and don't even actively play the game can come here to poo poo post and claim I poo poo post.

In reality, I am the last of the mohicans posting in a thread I made about a game where I am literally the last geared player who knows his class, the content, and the community. There is not a single other goon who still plays this game as their main game, the idea that I'm not allowed or that it's rude of me to be the one to try to revive it is absurdly retarded.

And nope, I'm not Arus or Andrii but I remember those dudes and they were pretty funny. This means they were of course kicked from the kin for making mild and enjoyable jokes. Happened to like 15 players, and then we use the excuse of 'there's not enough goons left' like we don't actually know the reason for that?

extra stout fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 12, 2016

archaicnoise
Feb 25, 2011

Oxphocker posted:

As stated before, anything moria level or higher counts (except Turtle obviously...it needs to be a real raid with multi bosses/trash mobs) so level shouldn't matter. Run DN 9 times and the dragon in Enedwaith for all I care, you're really missing the whole point that I made in the challenge in the first place, but whatever floats your boat.

Edit: FYI just logged in this afternoon...no one online and kinlist says only 19 characters have been online since I was 4 days ago, pretty sure about half of those are people's alts (judging by the level) so realistically, fewer than 10 people have been online the past couple of days.

I've been online every night, all week. God drat. Can you not obsessively check the kin log to act like you're playing the game? The update came out a month ago and you're still level 101.

flowinprose posted:

Just make a new kin and recruit whoever you want. I don't see what the dilemma is here?

This would normally be fine. The dilemma is you have a guy who covets a guild leader token despite refusing to play the game on a regular basis. It is entirely fair that the main kin that is advertised throughout most of the thread, that most of the players in this thread are joining, would have content for players to run. Instead of running content himself when we bring up an issue, he challenges us to, as he stated on page 29, "get a full 12 man raid (of kin members) consistently for three weeks... and at least one 24 man raid of any kind..." I have been playing this game since 2011 and I'm fairly certain I've never seen him try to get groups together the way he says I'm supposed to in his challenge.

I don't know how we're not all in agreement that this is stupid and that his challenge is dumb. I've already been running content with some of the other max level players, but how are we supposed to get a full 12 man raid when our leader sits in this thread arguing about how he deserves a position for a job that at least requires you to hit the level cap? He says in his above quote, from today, that there are probably less than 10 people on every week. I don't think we still have 12 active players above 100. If someone else were to become leader, we'd be able to add new members that aren't goons and run some content with the influx of players we've gotten from the server merge. I've been in three different 12 man Ost Dunhoth groups at completely different times of day. We wouldn't have trouble getting players to join.

That said, I'm online running the featured instances, usually with pubbies. I'd love to run content with anyone else around 100, but I think that includes about 6 players in the kin currently. Adding new max level members would help us get more equipment and access to runs and leveling content for people who want to skip past the dredge that is MMO grinding.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
All I'm hearing is bitching.

The challenge was agreed to and I fully intend to keep my word IF Grim & Co are able to meet the terms which are honestly not all that hard to do if the complaint is that we're not raiding enough. The whole point was to prove you could actually organize people to run the content (which by the way you don't need leader for, anyone can put in the time to try and organize).

As for being available, you can ask the people who were online, every time I was on I asked if there was anything going on and we ran several different instances including parts of Fornost, outside CD, SG, LT, and a couple of others...and not once did anyone bitch we weren't doing well. I've said time and time again, post when people are planning to do things....use the steam channel to get info out...message people... yet silence. So no, I don't accept the premise and I'm not going to sit in game 24/7, the logs show that NO ONE currently in kin is on as much as you're claiming as many have already pointed out in the last few posts. So for those of you that truly feel that Nazgun isn't doing enough, but you're not willing to put the time in to organize anything yourself...then you know where the door is at, nothing's stopping you from joining a different kin. But if you think that a leadership change is going to make the difference, then complete the challenge. Otherwise shut the hell up.

As for refusing to play, you need to take the dicks out of your ears...because not for pages, but ENTIRE THREADS I've said I'm willing to help anyone run content all they have to do is let me know it's going on. I actually LIKE running content, but again I'm not going to sit online 24/7 waiting for someone to maybe show up. Do the most minor amount of work like sending a steam announcement and maybe people will actually sign on? I've been playing this since 2006-07 and I've seen this go round and round multiple times already and it's always the same drat thing....

Every drat time posted:

blah blah kin isn't raiding enough blah blah I'd rather bitch than actually organize anything myself because that actually takes work so instead I'll just say we need new leadership because maybe someone else with magically do the work for me blah blah I'm going to stamp my feet like a little bitch when I don't get my way blah blah

So again, put up or shut up. Just under three weeks left and I haven't seen any posts documenting completed raids. Really not that hard to type:

May 11
7pm cst
Ran OD Poison and Wound
Goons present: X, Y, Z
Non-Goons present: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Completed Poison, wiped on Wound

It has all the basic documented points and would be easily verifiable by the goons who went (assuming it wasn't just Grim & Co). Also as previously stated I'M EVEN WILLING TO HELP YOU PROVE ME WRONG just loving tell me when events are going on. I've given you the gun and the bullets....can't really pull the trigger for you too...do you have someone help you jerk off too or is that too much work as well? :jerkbag:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Huh. This thread is hopping again. Maybe it's time to come back to the game and

:yikes:

archaicnoise
Feb 25, 2011

Prism posted:

Huh. This thread is hopping again. Maybe it's time to come back to the game and

:yikes:

This game is fun, I swear. If you're interested in starting again we can throw you a bunch of freebies.

Christ. Again, every time I've said "I want the leadership to change so we can get non-goons into the kin", I've been completely ignored so this guy could type a three paragraph rant about how I need to jump through a series of weirdly specific hoops involving forum posts and goon content or "stop bitching" and "shut the hell up". Just because I don't spam this thread doesn't mean the video game never gets played. I'm running the content semi-daily, but the goons in this thread are either nowhere near the level cap or not very active in the game itself despite posting regularly. Everyone decided on Saturday runs and then never showed up for any content, because the players at the level cap don't even post here. You keep saying post a steam announcement as though I

a) have access to a steam group for this game or this kinship, or
b) have literally any of you added on steam, which I don't (save for Litany and Extra Stout).

Which, considering that I can easily finish the challenge without your steam group, I'll go ahead and tell you not to add me. I'll just take some screenshots the next time I run content and hopefully that'll be enough to stop you from flaming every time I post.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

FailPirate posted:

Which, considering that I can easily finish the challenge without your steam group, I'll go ahead and tell you not to add me. I'll just take some screenshots the next time I run content and hopefully that'll be enough to stop you from flaming every time I post.

Nobody has to add you, its a public group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thenazgun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So is Turbine still running a skeleton crew on Lotro so they can siphon off its profit to waste on other projects or did they actually realize they should put more money in to a game that supposedly brought in 104 million dollars in 2014?