Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

PT6A posted:

Are you retarded? Here's some things that people whose house just burnt down could spend $1000 on:

- clothing
- food
- personal care items
- cellphones/chargers/computers to replace things destroyed in the fire
- transit passes
-horses
-trucks
-quads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Does a $100k+ income couple with three kids whose house was fine and stayed with some relatives for free get more money than a transiently employed couple with no kids whose house burned down?

Because if so that's loving hilarious and classic Alberta.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I bet you could get a premium pair of flame retardant truck nuts for $1000

velvet milkman fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 11, 2016

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Helsing posted:

You'll have to unpack this one for me.

Giving people money to spend as they see fit at retail (or gouging) cost is better than aid distributed by a NGO who is likely getting wholesale pricing due to bulk purchasing because

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

cowofwar posted:

Does a $100k+ income couple with three kids whose house was fine and stayed with some relatives for free get more money than a transiently employed couple with no kids whose house burned down?

yes

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

cowofwar posted:

Can you imagine the outrage that would ensue if they gave more to poor people

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Looks like Christie Blatchford is shopping around for some "off-the-record" material to reinforce her predetermined opinion of the Ghomeshi case. Go editorial freedom, go!

http://canadalandshow.com/article/open-response-christie-blatchfords-request-comment

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

PT6A posted:

What do you disagree with? We're selling arms to a poo poo government for no other reason than to make money. I'm not going to say we should continue with it,but as long as we do continue with it there's no reason to make it out as anything other than what it is.

If you're going to put profit above human rights, stop being an dishonest little oval office and come out and say as mich. At least then you'd only be degrading human rights, in place of doing the same and lying about it. The lying is what really pisses me off, because there's just no point to it.

I've got to agree with PT6A on this one actually. The government's weak rear end excuses and dancing around are insulting. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they came out and said "times are tough and we need to protect those jobs right now".

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I would have expected the liberals to set delivery at 2018 and then strike a committee with the Saudis to discuss humans rights matters with delivery contingent on whatever and then in two years when no one cares anymore dismiss the committee and deliver the tanks with no strings.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Looks like Christie Blatchford is shopping around for some "off-the-record" material to reinforce her predetermined opinion of the Ghomeshi case. Go editorial freedom, go!

http://canadalandshow.com/article/open-response-christie-blatchfords-request-comment

https://twitter.com/beatonna/status/730480781454409728

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

I dunno. I personally have at least three copies of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities handy whenever I'm politic-ing because it's 30 pages of Canadian-fail that MLAs never seem to have heard about.

"Did Canada sign this?"

"Yes. In 2007. Canada helped write it."

"Oh."

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 11, 2016

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

:raise: Iranian Sunnis, you say?

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

flakeloaf posted:

That's phase one. Phase two is for a bunch of consumer garbage people don't need to start popping up for the low low price of $1800.

Gold plated, wifi enabled, hand forged, artisinal Truck Nutz.

I have to go fire up the forge now...

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

The Butcher posted:

I've got to agree with PT6A on this one actually.

I'd be worried about this and see your doctor at your earliest convenience, it's probably a sign of brain damage or alcoholism.

cowofwar posted:

Does it really matter when anyone affected by the evacuation has real needs they need to meet right now, and the bureaucracy involved in figuring out who really needs an ultimately trifling amount of money would take for loving ever, be fraught with many complications, and itself probably cost more than the money being distributed at this point?

If they've been rich as gently caress, it's not they haven't paid their share in taxes already, so who really gives a good goddamn?

P-Value Hack
Apr 4, 2016

PT6A posted:

Then he should grab his nuts and say "yeah, we're selling stuff to those Saudi cunts, we know they're going to kill people with it, and we don't give a fat gently caress!"

Why dance around the issue? I understand why they're doing it and I agree with it on some level, I just wish they would stop being so patronizing about it.

You do realize no one is disagreeing with the content of your posts right? I can't roll my eyes hard enough over some autistic nerd on a political forum talking about "wusses" and "grabbing nuts" as if they are badass. Aren't you some loving scrawny programmer who works from home? If so, shut the gently caress up with your dumb faux-masculinity, because this is what people are annoyed with.

No, in fact, most people DON'T want our politicians to talk like extras on Jersey Shore or Donald Trump, in fact most people want their politicians to speak with some dignity and professionalism. Your vendetta against Dion is literally because you watched one too many CPC attack ads in '08, and has nothing to do with the content of his political position. You literally don't like the guy because he speaks quietly, has a french accent and is bookish. What? Do want loving smarmy Donald Trump types, or maybe Comacho from that movie, shooting a machine gun in the air during a speech?

I don't support this sales to Saudi, and no I don't want my politicians to go full retard because some idiot in Alberta is inspired by it

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Yeah, if only there were some middle ground between Stephane Dion's complete lack of spine and Donald Trump's bizarre, overdone bravado....

(Hint: There is at least one person in that middle ground, and she's going to be President of the US very shortly!)

PS: Why do I get attacked for being against weakness and spinelessness, because apparently I'm a sexist or homophobe as a result for reasons I'm not clear on, yet no one ever catches poo poo for inferring that weakness and spinelessness are qualities associated with people who aren't straight men?

PT6A fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 11, 2016

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
yes the best qualities in a wise ruler are vertical, muscles and penis size

shawn kemp PM

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

PT6A posted:

PS: Why do I get attacked for being against weakness and spinelessness, because apparently I'm a sexist or homophobe as a result for reasons I'm not clear on, yet no one ever catches poo poo for inferring that weakness and spinelessness are qualities associated with people who aren't straight men?

Because calling someone a girly man is usually code for calling them a human being. Also, you use oval office a lot, which would be reasonable if you were from the UK or Straya, but is a pretty lovely anti-women term in North America, which is where you are from and currently reside. I'm sure the PT6A Hate Squad can pull some choice quotes of you painting Dion as a lisping gay stereotype from Connie and Carla, but I'm not going to spend my time looking.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PT6A posted:

Yeah, if only there were some middle ground between Stephane Dion's complete lack of spine and Donald Trump's bizarre, overdone bravado....

(Hint: There is at least one person in that middle ground, and she's going to be President of the US very shortly!)

Of course PT6A supports Hillary

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

TheKingofSprings posted:

To be fair, supporting is different from pointing out the reality that Hilary is going to win the democratic nomination and beat trump.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Because calling someone a girly man is usually code for calling them a human being. Also, you use oval office a lot, which would be reasonable if you were from the UK or Straya, but is a pretty lovely anti-women term in North America, which is where you are from and currently reside. I'm sure the PT6A Hate Squad can pull some choice quotes of you painting Dion as a lisping gay stereotype from Connie and Carla, but I'm not going to spend my time looking.

Welcome to the Canpol thread

PT6A uses oval office a lot and somehow gets the whole thread to turn to discussions of his sad cigar and wine filled life.

Cultural Imperial used to use SJW a lot but really doesnt like weed. Hes improved more than PT6A on these 2 fronts. (edit, the first is probably due to the word filter I just ran into)

Thanks for reading.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head
The guy we want running things in this country is a musclebound, cigar-chomping badass who says things like "you gotta put down the purse and pass some legislation, wussies!"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Idiocracy 2: Constitutional Moronarchy

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I voted for Bernie, but I have no qualms about voting for Clinton when the only other option is :smugdon: (or a shambolic, resurrected Cruz).

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Gorewar posted:

The guy we want running things in this country is a musclebound, cigar-chomping badass who says things like "you gotta put down the purse and pass some legislation, wussies!"

I miss Chrétien

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Gorewar posted:

I want a leader that I can have a beer with, and will also satisfy my wife in the ways I cannot.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I only vote for spineless politicians which is why I've cast a write-in vote for "A. Jellyfish" in every recent election.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Am I missing something or does robocop mean something beyond the movie character

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

shrike82 posted:

Am I missing something or does robocop mean something beyond the movie character

"Robocop" is a word-filter result for "social justice warrior", abbreviated.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
e: wrong thread

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

"Robocop" is a word-filter result for "social justice warrior", abbreviated.

Man I thought I was just getting behind on my hip youth slang.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
If you ever used the abbreviation for social justice warrior unironically you are human trash

P-Value Hack
Apr 4, 2016

PT6A posted:

Would love to hear a definition of "lack of spine" which doesn't involve a blatant appeal to machoism or masculinity. I'll wait :rolleyes:

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

P-Value Hack posted:

Would love to hear a definition of "lack of spine" which doesn't involve a blatant appeal to machoism or masculinity. I'll wait :rolleyes:

The proverbial "lack of spine" refers to being a pushover who will not stand up for themselves or their principles. If you think that's a feminine quality, then it's either a sad commentary on how our society expects women to act, or evidence that you're painfully unaware of the numerous women who are anything but spineless (and, it should be pointed out, they are no less feminine as a result).

Standing up for yourself and refusing to be pushed around or bullied is a positive character trait regardless of gender. I don't see it as masculine or feminine, to be honest.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
This is by far the stupidest pissing match I've ever seen in this thread. This is neither debate, nor discussion, and only tenuously connected to Canadian politics, so why the gently caress is it in here and not GBS?

Go outside and get some fresh air, get away from the pressing need to wave around your dick on an Internet forum.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Rime posted:

This is by far the stupidest pissing match I've ever seen in this thread. This is neither debate, nor discussion, and only tenuously connected to Canadian politics, so why the gently caress is it in here and not GBS?

Go outside and get some fresh air, get away from the pressing need to wave around your dick on an Internet forum.

Oh gently caress off. Like there are so many amazing things I could be doing while I wait for my train. Why, I could pace back and forth on the platform for a while!

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
A guy at work told me there's a huge uranium deposit beneath Fort Mac and 'they' started a forest fire there to clear everyone out and make way for development.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Meat Recital posted:

A guy at work told me there's a huge uranium deposit beneath Fort Mac and 'they' started a forest fire there to clear everyone out and make way for development.

I assume the chemtrails weren't working fast enough. I think Elizabeth May should look into this Very Important Issue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Meat Recital posted:

Because if there's one thing that Fort Mac is known for, it's a total lack of industrial development. :psyduck: