Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mizuti posted:

:vince:

kill meeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

For Daredevil advice guy, remember that staff 4 can instantly blind an enemy, repeatedly, for basically free. Also the dash dodge gives you lots of fast movement and extra iframes, and you can use your elite to pop a whole break bar on your lonesome. Then use the punch one because it's cool

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Brain In A Jar posted:

Also the dash dodge gives you extra iframes

It doesn't, it just extends the length of the distance covered by the dodge and looks like it lasts a fraction longer, but all dodges have the same .75s evade window.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

today james quall learned how to throw bombs on sabetha

unfortunately he didn't understand the "throw" part of the brief

Aug 24, 2011

gamin need the loss comic

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Whilst I'm here I'll show off my latest princess:

I'll get some in-game shots when I'm at home.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Brain In A Jar posted:

For Daredevil advice guy, remember that staff 4 can instantly blind an enemy, repeatedly, for basically free. Also the dash dodge gives you lots of fast movement and extra iframes, and you can use your elite to pop a whole break bar on your lonesome. Then use the punch one because it's cool

I started using staff 4 more last night because I realized I hardly need to use initiative for anything else. I was already using the punch elite.
I do pretty well one on one, but still struggle in groups fights.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Lysandus posted:

Is it possible to solo unlock the guild hall?

No, but my RL friends' guild did it with 8 people, I think? It seemed (when we looked into it at launch) to scale by the 10s of people participating. So the closer you get to 10 without going over, the easier it would be.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I really like farting around in the Silverwastes and I'm currently completely full on exp for all my tyria masteries. I just need like thirty mastery points now.

This is what my GF did. She's got so much XP now she's started doing the really stupid and obscure achievements to get mastery points to spend the XP. Whose dumb idea was it to gate things behind two different kinds of points?

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

Whilst I'm here I'll show off my latest princess:

I'll get some in-game shots when I'm at home.

this triple alliteration is absolutely fantastic

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

Blasphemeral posted:

Whose dumb idea was it to gate things behind two different kinds of points?

It's a great way to sell season 2

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuQf3BrKM28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLetDVzDSBc

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

aaahahahaha so Anet is just printing money now eh?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I look forward to you replacing one of your dumb flutes with this.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Hmmm, so...

Karka helm + sloth backpack + bat shoulders + raven staff...any other gear with critters?

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

You know what this game needs now? It needs a small peaceful zone dedicated to being able to pose your character to get awesome screenshots. Like - specifically it makes them pose and gets the camera all set up and lets you get a decent shot of your gear. I mean, we spend so much time on that poo poo, why not a glamour portrait? I know you can get screenshots anywhere really but I like the idea that you could go somewhere with good lighting that you can control somewhat - pick a pose that your dude actually holds and even you could do a specific lens or like some filters I dunno... clearly they make money on us wanting to Pretty Princess as much as possible I wonder why they don't have any way to 'show off' officially. Could be a good money sink if you want to 'hire' a studio or uh, photo session, ???

also i am not thinking of anything rude/sexual, just - maybe a pose designed to show off a cool weapon where you don't have to hit 1 and hope to get a halfway decent shot spamming prntscn button. a few glamour poses, you know what i mean? ... i need... a life.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

This needs to be a giant laser. Or maybe a giant hand that comes out and picks at the node a bit.

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
I bought the game years ago, it goes f2p and I still have to buy the expansion? What.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aafter posted:

I bought the game years ago, it goes f2p and I still have to buy the expansion? What.

Expansion isn't F2P.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
F2P accounts are limited compared to people who already own the base game.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

literally all they did was make the base game f2p w/ restrictions and lumped the expansion into the purchase of a buyer's account

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Tambaloneus posted:

You know what this game needs now? It needs a small peaceful zone dedicated to being able to pose your character to get awesome screenshots. Like - specifically it makes them pose and gets the camera all set up and lets you get a decent shot of your gear. I mean, we spend so much time on that poo poo, why not a glamour portrait? I know you can get screenshots anywhere really but I like the idea that you could go somewhere with good lighting that you can control somewhat - pick a pose that your dude actually holds and even you could do a specific lens or like some filters I dunno... clearly they make money on us wanting to Pretty Princess as much as possible I wonder why they don't have any way to 'show off' officially. Could be a good money sink if you want to 'hire' a studio or uh, photo session, ???

also i am not thinking of anything rude/sexual, just - maybe a pose designed to show off a cool weapon where you don't have to hit 1 and hope to get a halfway decent shot spamming prntscn button. a few glamour poses, you know what i mean? ... i need... a life.
World of Warcraft introduced a selfie camera that does this stuff specifically for this reason. A similar thing would work really well in GW2.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Mercurius posted:

World of Warcraft introduced a selfie camera that does this stuff specifically for this reason. A similar thing would work really well in GW2.

And that's how they lost several raid tiers. Like seriously, the selfie camera patch was supposed to be the "content" patch.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yo can I make an SFD in this?

http://www.worldoffishing.net/

we can take the fishing MMO world by storm

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Alteisen posted:

yo can I make an SFD in this?

http://www.worldoffishing.net/

we can take the fishing MMO world by storm

is there bonking in this?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

lucifirius posted:

And that's how they lost several raid tiers. Like seriously, the selfie camera patch was supposed to be the "content" patch.
Oh no, we might not get a few extra recoloured sets of wings on the gem store :ohdear:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CLAM DOWN posted:

is there bonking in this?

No but you can harass people with your boat and make them lose track of their fish/gently caress with their camera.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
If you like dumb fishing minigames in your mmo get psyched cause you'll never guess what's being worked on for gw2.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Tambaloneus posted:

Yeah that's a cool idea, another thing to add (maybe that's already possible) is to take screenshots at the highest level of detail + res, not dependent on the setting you're usually running with on your toaster computer. There's a game that already does this, forgot which one.

Aug 24, 2011

Visidan posted:

If you like dumb fishing minigames in your mmo get psyched cause you'll never guess what's being worked on for gw2.

gem store wings

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

mike12345 posted:

Yeah that's a cool idea, another thing to add (maybe that's already possible) is to take screenshots at the highest level of detail + res, not dependent on the setting you're usually running with on your toaster computer. There's a game that already does this, forgot which one.

Have you tried the -bmp command line arg? It seems sufficient for everyone that tries it

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ok so, hey guys. Who here needs the final Heart of Thorns story achievement? Particularly the hard mode one, as the others you can just do solo. Myself and another goon jave been meaning to do it, so I'm just gonna reach out to the thread and say hey tonight is the night.

Also if the one dude who mentioned needing it in raid last sunday could say when they're available that'd be great. I'll try being on around 7:30-8pm est myself.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Sprite141 posted:

Ok so, hey guys. Who here needs the final Heart of Thorns story achievement? Particularly the hard mode one, as the others you can just do solo. Myself and another goon jave been meaning to do it, so I'm just gonna reach out to the thread and say hey tonight is the night.

Also if the one dude who mentioned needing it in raid last sunday could say when they're available that'd be great. I'll try being on around 7:30-8pm est myself.

I need it! Probably won't be able to devote time to it till the weekend though, wish I had got around to doing it when it was still relevant hate that it locks the only ascended viper amulet behind an annoying group achievement.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
I need migraine as well but with finals this week I can't devote any time till Monday

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Sprite141 posted:

I need it and can be around tonight. I haven't even managed a normal completion yet though; I'll bash my head against that some more beforehand.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I mean of no one can get to it tonight, that's cool. I'm pretty sure it'd be best if we can get as many people as we can.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I could use it but I may or may not be around at that time.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

AnacondaHL posted:

Have you tried the -bmp command line arg? It seems sufficient for everyone that tries it

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

I'm using that, it does work to make the screeny use the proper res - but doesn't help my utterly abysmal sense of timing and placement. I love the idea of a selfie-camera, so long as it was flexible in what you could do with it. I still want the ability to take a properly lit composed "costume show off" shot though. And ones that set off my Sylvari skins, I spend SO LONG on those drat skin tones lmao, my pretty salads want to show off like flowers. Also more plant armour please. And flowers, lots of them. I'm getting my 'flower fairy' game on.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Lonk posted:

I could use it but I may or may not be around at that time.

There are three of us getting together now to do it. If you can't make it maybe you can join knowonecanknow after monday?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
I made a new princess too:

Crab Waifu with her Crab Husbando and Crab Baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
superior arrow cart + fleshreaver sigil = yes

• Locked thread