Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Takashi Sensui, the former general manager of Microsoft’s Xbox division in Japan, will take on the position of executive vice president and COO of Senran Kagura publisher Marvelous, according to a Nikkei report.

The newspaper says that Marvelous has solidified plans to place Sensui within the company and an official announcement will be made on June 21 during a general meeting of stockholders.

Sensui retired from his position at Microsoft in July 2015.

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/takashi-sensui-become-marvelous-evp-coo#kzPTp8FqpG3XkdzB.99

Being completely ignorant of the way Japanese business is run, this is a good news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/takashi-sensui-become-marvelous-evp-coo#kzPTp8FqpG3XkdzB.99

Being completely ignorant of the way Japanese business is run, this is a good news?

He was not able to help salvage the Xbox in Japan, so he's going to help co-pilot Marvelous into another iceberg.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

He was the guy who actually got a bunch of exclusives back in the X360 days, IIRC, so he's a pretty good hire really. No one could salvage the Bone in Japan when the console market there is so dead even the Wii U has sold more than the PS4.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Takoluka posted:

He was not able to help salvage the Xbox in Japan, so he's going to help co-pilot Marvelous into another iceberg.

XSEED is Marvelous US, so I certainly hope not.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Saoshyant posted:

He was the guy who actually got a bunch of exclusives back in the X360 days, IIRC, so he's a pretty good hire really. No one could salvage the Bone in Japan when the console market there is so dead even the Wii U has sold more than the PS4.

The Wii U is better though, so that was the logical conclusion.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Healbot posted:

Glorious Nippon is always right.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Healbot posted:

This.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RizeGreymon sent me like ten presents from the Digifarm today

are we married

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
April's Top Downloads

1 Severed
2 DIGIMON STORY CYBER SLEUTH
3 Risk of Rain
4 Persona 4 Golden
5 Axiom Verge
6 Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition
7 Grand Theft Auto PS Vita Collection
8 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus
9 Shovel Knight
10 Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2 Plus

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Has anyone played Severed? Is it worth the price or should I just wait for it to become a PS+ game?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Severed is really cool but also very short

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Weird, they showed automatically for me when I reached their respective chapters. Did the first one in chapter 2 ever showed up at least?

EDIT: Ok, according to gamefaqs, here is how you activate them

nevermind, I didn't realize that they were the purple missions. Overall fun game and I'm glad I got it on sale.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Renoistic posted:

Has anyone played Severed? Is it worth the price or should I just wait for it to become a PS+ game?

It's a fun game but has a wonky difficulty curve and is super-short.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Latest LE Vita models you cannot have.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Saoshyant posted:

Pfft. Why get that when you can turn your existing handheld into a Frozen Vita? :haw:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ewww.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

That's kinda my point. :v:
Those other ones are also eww.

But in any case, there are plenty of ways to personalize your Vita (not just with silly Disney characters). There's no reason to lament region-specific or limited-edition special designs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

I fuckig want these so bad

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yes, they are well done and not tacky like those things tend to be. I wouldn't imagine someone comparing this one to some vinyl Frozen nightmare, but here we are :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forget, are Vita's region free? I'm planning on importing Ys VIII and wondering if I'll be able to play it. Something like you need to do a factory reset with a dedicated memory card for the Japanese side?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Didn't you import Exist Archive? Yes, Vita's very much region-free, other than DLC shenanigans.

You only need to do the dual memory card/wipe system when switching accounts, which you need if you are going digital. Don't go digital on the Vita, especially for out of region games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played that one on PS4! And perfect, this will be the second physical vita game I ever own then, Person 4 has been in my card slot for nearly 4 years now.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Speaking of imports, did they give Caligula a release date yet?

Saoshyant posted:

Don't go digital on the Vita, especially for out of region games.
You're not my mom :colbert:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

If I was you wouldn't have turned out the way you did, young man.

But, seriously, don't buy anything digital for the Vita that isn't on your main account. The process to switch accounts is so annoying that I've known people to buy a second Vita just to stop bothering with it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Saoshyant posted:

If I was you wouldn't have turned out the way you did, young man.

But, seriously, don't buy anything digital for the Vita that isn't on your main account. The process to switch accounts is so annoying that I've known people to buy a second Vita just to stop bothering with it.

I simply got a new Memory Card alongside Valkyrie Drive :shrug:

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
That's actually half the reason I bought a PSTV, yeah. It's a lot easier to take it out of my drawer and plug it into my monitor when I want to play a demo or a game from Japan.

Only problem is I still ended up buying physical copies instead of digital since the japanese store almost never has sales on games that I can play with my poor knowledge of the language and it was cheaper to grab stuff when Amazon allowed easy importing.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 12, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I simply got a new Memory Card alongside Valkyrie Drive :shrug:
As if you would ever take that out of your Vita though

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

go digital on the Vita

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The main goal of every Vita owner should be to collect as many anime girl faces as possible for your home screen

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CrashCat posted:

As if you would ever take that out of your Vita though

Well I'm getting Uppers but I'm still thinking if I should get it physical or digital. Digital is 500 yean cheaper and I don't need to pay for shipping, plus I will have available Valkyrie Drive if I get bored of it. But on the other hand, my memory card is 8 gigs and I've used half of it already just with Valkyrie Drive so.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well I'm getting Uppers

Why?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Daidouji, why else?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Daidouji, why else?

You are a man/woman with simple tastes, and I appreciate that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Daidouji, why else?

Why are you willing to purchase a game you actively dislike and have spoken poorly of since Day 1 for the sake of a single DLC character? Does that not seem ridiculous to you?

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Gotta catch 'em all. Even Bidoof and Magikarp.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Why are you willing to purchase a game you actively dislike and have spoken poorly of since Day 1 for the sake of a single DLC character? Does that not seem ridiculous to you?

A little, yeah. But is the only way in the foreseable future Daidouji will be relevant and after seeing how excited Yuu Asakawa is for it, I can't say no.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

MisterAlex posted:

Gotta catch 'em all. Even Bidoof and Magikarp.

Goddam, I've seen some foul opinions on this site but....drat :barf:

bidoof owns

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

why would you not want a magikarp

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
it turns into a loving dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Ha. No, it really doesn't. Bibarel can be pretty good, though. Same deal with Magikarp; without having evolved, it is objectively lame.

And that's entirely beside the point, anyway, you pedantic devil's advocates. :v: I just picked the first two dopey Pokémon that came to mind.