Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I eagerly await Shima's awakening into something that Shiho/Shiro finds endearing enough to marry.

Only partially right. New theory: Shiro gets stuck as Shiho in her body, but his mind and starts responding to Shima's advances.

Alternate theory: Shima gets crossdressed and Shiro falls for the crossdressed Shima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
That means that in the previous chapter, Shimada was hitting on his own (future) grand-daughter. :gonk:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

JosephWongKS posted:

That means that in the previous chapter, Shimada was hitting on his own (future) grand-daughter. :gonk:

:stonklol:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

:yikes:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Shimada is the final boss

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

JosephWongKS posted:

That's perfectly in-character, really

Because Shima is the worst

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A world where Shimada had sex doesn't deserve to exist.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
No.

NO.

NO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shiho's reaction at the end is perfect, the revelation that led to it is not, not in the least! :stonk: That poor girl!

Maybe this leads to a teaching arc of some kind, where the Jitsu Was make a passable man out of Shimada? gently caress, we can only hope :suicide:

(Also, happy birthday, Tarage! You sure picked a hell of a chapter to celebrate with!)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

BAD END

Start from previous save?
Y
->N

Delete all save data?
->Y
N

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

CommissarMega posted:

Maybe this leads to a teaching arc of some kind, where the Jitsu Was make a passable man out of Shimada? gently caress, we can only hope :suicide:

AAAAAAHHHHH! NONONONONONONO!

That always ends with the person being fixed and the person doing the fixing getting together. And we're trying to avoid all that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually they should just fix Shimada the same way they fix dogs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Terper posted:

BAD END

Y
->N

Delete all save data?
->Y
N

Ah yes, the Nier Solution. Good choice.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
The Shiho/Mikan/Aizawa train doesn't stop here. There are no breaks on this train.

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014
This whole pairing makes sense if you think about it like the Bene Gesserit breeding program for the Kwisatz Haderach.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

Now that's plot tension. Suddenly I don't even care about the rest of the series any more, I just need the saga of poor, poor Shiho successfully averting that dreadful future.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Chrono Trigger: Jitsu Wa Edition.

I'm loving dying.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Terper posted:

BAD END

Y
->N

Delete all save data?
->Y
N

:agreed:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
What if it's one of those stable time-loops where, even despite knowing about it and trying to prevent it, their actions lead inexorably to the future which started the loop? It would be rather deliciously satisfying to see it turn out like that despite their intentions. :getin:

So how does the family tree look like now? They've got to be cousins twice removed because they'd be related to each other via sibling offspring of Kuromine, correct?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Momo isn't related to Kuromine at all. His house is just the one the Resistance meets up at and it's why he's called Grandpa (i.e. what old people are familiarly called in Japan). One of Momo's parents is the offspring of Shima and Shiho/Shiro (we assume for the ease of reference, but not sanity that it's Shima and Shiho) and the other is from a ninja family whose identity is likely to remain a mystery until the author feels otherwise.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Where is Okabe Rintaro when you need him, this world line is a lost cause

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nate RFB posted:

Where is Okabe Rintaro when you need him, this world line is a lost cause

Children, your new Science teacher!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Xelkelvos posted:

Momo isn't related to Kuromine at all. His house is just the one the Resistance meets up at and it's why he's called Grandpa (i.e. what old people are familiarly called in Japan). One of Momo's parents is the offspring of Shima and Shiho/Shiro (we assume for the ease of reference, but not sanity that it's Shima and Shiho) and the other is from a ninja family whose identity is likely to remain a mystery until the author feels otherwise.

Hah, I just realized that if werewolves can spread their lycanthropy with a bite, then pairing him with Shiho would still work regardless of Shiho's gender...

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

CommissarMega posted:

Hah, I just realized that if werewolves can spread their lycanthropy with a bite, then pairing him with Shiho would still work regardless of Shiho's gender...

Oh god.
I just made the :stonk: face irl.

Good thing no one was in the hallway at the time.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Change the future because it has to be Shiho/Aizawa

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

DoubleDonut posted:

Change the future because it has to be Shiho/Aizawa

Also, Shima/Aizawa. But, you know, the brother.

experienceBeej
Mar 24, 2014
Could be we're looking at this all wrong.

Maybe once he's out of high school, Shima becomes the MegaPlayboy.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The Un-charismatic Male Pervet

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
That was not something I needed to know! :stare:

Let's change the future indeed... That future cannot be allowed to happen!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I must say, that was a very slick little veer away from angsty harem drama into shenanigans. Shiho's one of the silliest characters in a very silly cast, so it'd be a shame if we lost too much of that with an overly serious arc.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I believe Shimada can become someone who can truly make her happy. At least, I want to believe it.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Now that's how you get more drama back.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Shinjobi posted:

I believe Shimada can become someone who can truly make her happy. At least, I want to believe it.

She doesn't seem to be particularly happy in the future.

"No comment."

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

She doesn't seem to be particularly happy in the future.

"No comment."
He obviously hosed up there. Just you watch, trying to preemptively break Shima and Shiho up is gonna cause Shima to become a decent human being. It'll be the greatest character development story telling has ever known.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If you think about it, if the future is "hey, I marry someone awful," isn't that just solved by resolving to not marry them? Like, it's not like anyone has a gun to the head in this scenario.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Covok posted:

If you think about it, if the future is "hey, I marry someone awful," isn't that just solved by resolving to not marry them? Like, it's not like anyone has a gun to the head in this scenario.

That's never how time travel works and they know it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Covok posted:

The more unlikely something is, the more inevitable it feels once it's actually happened. Like, nobody in their right mind would shack up with Shima, and yet Shiho did it anyway, which implies that just going 'it's fine, I'll make sure I don't do that' won't exactly help her case. After all, that's what Grandma Shiho almost certainly thought that as well.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SpacePig posted:

The Un-charismatic Male Pervet

To paraphrase the late Sir Terry Pratchett, Shimada has charisn'tma, in that he's so utterly disgusting he loops around to becoming really fascinating.

Also, who else is looking forward to Shimada's many coming arrests? :unsmigghh:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I loving KNEW Momochi's habits were too similar to Shima's to be coincidential!

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
It's also possible that Granny Shiho doesn't want to talk about it because she's embarrassed about how it all went down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#7dfc9608879b08d0

Let the insanity continue.

• Locked thread