Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is that... a poutinezza?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Uncharted 4 is great and I'm adoring all the Monkey Island nods.

Drake would probably be a hot dog kinda guy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Harrow posted:

Is that... a poutinezza?

Snak posted:

is that... is that a poutine pizza?

Yes it is.

quote:

...is it good?

As a big fan of pizza and a huge fatass fan of poutine, I am not brave enough to find out. But my gut says no.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VoidBurger posted:

Uncharted 4 is great and I'm adoring all the Monkey Island nods.

Drake would probably be a hot dog kinda guy.

As if I needed more reasons to grab Uncharted 4 as soon as I'm back from this work trip.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Yes it is.

As a big fan of pizza and a huge fatass fan of poutine, I am not brave enough to find out. But my gut says no.

I would try it.

I don't really like tomato sauce, so my favorite pizzas are weird once with bbq or white sauces. Like Philly Cheese Steak Pizza, which is the single crowning a achievement of humanity in the 21st century( it's still early), or BBQ Chicken Pizza, or spinach artichoke pizza. So a poutine pizza sounds right up my ally.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

"GLA postal service!"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lurdiak posted:

As someone who has only seen poutine in pictures, I have to say it looks like the proportions are all wrong and it would be gross

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mozzarella on poutine is gross as hell, which I know from experience, and the idea of cheese curds on pizza just doesn't seem like it'd work.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Mozzarella on poutine is gross as hell, which I know from experience, and the idea of cheese curds on pizza just doesn't seem like it'd work.

being a filthy American, I've only ever had poutine made with mozzarella :( it was really good :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Snak posted:

being a filthy American, I've only ever had poutine made with mozzarella :( it was really good :(

You sicken me.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Snak posted:

Come to Wisconsin. We're close enough to Canada that we at least try to do poutine right, cheese curds and all.

Cheese curds own.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Chilli sauce, sliced hot dogs, chopped pickles and onions, cheddar cheese, and drizzle of mustard for good measure. It looks really gross but it's tasty as gently caress.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There's nothing wrong with most cheese on fries (well other than the obvious) but when you put gravy into the equation it gets complicated.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

I swear I've seen more references to poutine in the last month or so than my entire life.

Is this the canadian version of "bacon candy, bacon toothpaste, bacon everything" from a few years back?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jon Do posted:

I swear I've seen more references to poutine in the last month or so than my entire life.

Is this the canadian version of "bacon candy, bacon toothpaste, bacon everything" from a few years back?

No, but poutine just got imported into american cuisine last year as the fad after ghost peppers. I think.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Wow, shadow of the beast looks pretty good™

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

depraved

if someone walked in on you eating this thing you would scramble to hide your shame

like that weird french thing with the bird cooked in brandy or whatever where you cover your head with a napkin

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Just started playing Morrowind for the first time. It's very good.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

thehoodie posted:

Just started playing Morrowind for the first time. It's very good.

Yeah. Enjoy the last good elder scrolls game :)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Broseph Brostar posted:

Chilli sauce, sliced hot dogs, chopped pickles and onions, cheddar cheese, and drizzle of mustard for good measure. It looks really gross but it's tasty as gently caress.

It definitely looks like an atrocity but I'll try anything once.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Rather than playing DS3 or U4 like I logically should, I beat the original R&C and after determining that no I did not want to get all the trophies I've moved onto Going Commando and holy poo poo what a difference. Like I thought that for a game that is so well known for having aged badly, Ratchet and Clank had aged surprisingly well but man Going Commando like fixes 90% of the originals problems like the instant you start it up.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

axleblaze posted:

Rather than playing DS3 or U4 like I logically should, I beat the original R&C and after determining that no I did not want to get all the trophies I've moved onto Going Commando and holy poo poo what a difference. Like I thought that for a game that is so well known for having aged badly, Ratchet and Clank had aged surprisingly well but man Going Commando like fixes 90% of the originals problems like the instant you start it up.

I don't think there's another massive jump in quality like there was from the first to second game but the sequels generally keep improving on the formula; it's great

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Uncharted 4 is currently (and likely will be) GOTY 2016.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just have zero desire to play Uncharted games

I only played like an hour of The Last of Us, too

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

I don't think there's another massive jump in quality like there was from the first to second game but the sequels generally keep improving on the formula; it's great

Yeah, I've played them all before (except the multiplayer one, the tower defense one and Secret Agent Clank) and I think the slight improvements make it hard to notice after this but I was just surprised at how big the leap was. I didn't expect them to get this close to the present gameplay this early in the series.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Kirios posted:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kirios posted:

Unless they fixed everything that was wrong with uncharted 3, that doesn't sound plausible.

Then again, some people think that MGS4 was GOTY 2008, so there's that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Then again, some people think that MGS4 was GOTY 2008, so there's that.

Name a better game that came out in 2008

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jon Do posted:

I think Americans are finally catching on that it's the best trashy food.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

I JUST posted Persona like a few posts up

That said goddamn 2008 was the year of major franchise black sheep I guess (GTA4, Fallout 3, and.... MGS4)

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

Frogger 2

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania:_Order_of_Ecclesia

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I JUST posted Persona like a few posts up

That said goddamn 2008 was the year of major franchise black sheep I guess (GTA4, Fallout 3, and.... MGS4)

Is Fallout 3 really a black sheep? Maybe among hardcore Fallout fans, but it was a huge success, to the degree that a lot of people who started with it prefer it to New Vegas (the mad fools).

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Uncharted 4 is cool and does some new things with the formula. It's still an Uncharted game though and as such it all feels a little shallow to me. Like, Nathan survives so much ridiculous poo poo that the firefights and clambering never pack much of a punch for me.

I still think The Last of Us was a far more interesting game across the board.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

Is Fallout 3 really a black sheep? Maybe among hardcore Fallout fans, but it was a huge success, to the degree that a lot of people who started with it prefer it to New Vegas (the mad fools).

And they're being really vocal about it too. "New Vegas ruined the fallout 3 formula"

E: The last of us scored big points with me when I realized that getting shot wasn't really something you could shrug off.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why did the Overwatch beta just download an update on my PS4

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If you cut out everything after the first 2 stages of MGS4 but the Metal Gear Kaiju Movie Fight and the entire sequence on Mount Snakemore it would be waaaayyyy better

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
P4 is not better than MGS4

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I enjoy MGS4's madcap nature, but MGS3 and 5 are both much better actual videogames to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

No More Heroes, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Mario Kart Wii, Grand Theft Auto 4, Dr. Mario Online Rx, Lego Indiana Jones, Persona 4, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Mega Man 9, Saints Row 2, World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, Left 4 Dead, Chrono Trigger for Nintendo DS, Fallout 3, World of Goo.

• Locked thread