Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
The wife and I are gonna rent a manual 4x4 hilux when we go to costa rica later this year

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
My current job pulled a flavor of that bullshit. I went in for an interview to get a second job in mid November and both interviewers told me that the job was basically mine, but they waited until early January to actually call me back and hire me for real. I had gotten another job by the time I got a call back, and had to juggle 3 jobs for a few months

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

The wife and I are gonna rent a manual 4x4 hilux when we go to costa rica later this year

:getin:

DONT! STOP! TURN BACK! When we go to Costa Rica we always hire transportation. If you get into an accident, even as a tourist, you won't be allowed to leave the country until your case is heard in.. Mañana..some friends of ours got out 3 weeks later.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Nm is right, take the job and keep looking.

Linus doesn't suffer fools or bad code. TT is spewing stupidity as usual.

FreeBSD is better than Linux anyways.

GF's dog loves my yard of castoff jeep parts. Her favorites are old radiator hoses and jeep 4.0L intake tubes. She keeps shredding them though...

I will check back tonight for any butthurt I may have caused, it is too nice out to be on the internet and I took a vacation day.

:byewhore:
:yosbutt:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

keykey posted:

DONT! STOP! TURN BACK! When we go to Costa Rica we always hire transportation. If you get into an accident, even as a tourist, you won't be allowed to leave the country until your case is heard in.. Mañana..some friends of ours got out 3 weeks later.
It's probably pennies a day, too. In Costa Rica, even Quizno's is affordable.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

The Door Frame posted:

My current job pulled a flavor of that bullshit. I went in for an interview to get a second job in mid November and both interviewers told me that the job was basically mine, but they waited until early January to actually call me back and hire me for real. I had gotten another job by the time I got a call back, and had to juggle 3 jobs for a few months

The jobs I'm applying for aren't worth juggling three at a time!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

keykey posted:

It ain't that sort of trip. We'll take our chances I suspect.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

SCA Enthusiast posted:

The jobs I'm applying for aren't worth juggling three at a time!

I had to pay off my insurance deductible and I had just gotten out of a long relationship, so 70 hour work weeks were a godsend. Now I only have one because there's only so much of that poo poo you can realistically do while in school

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kastein posted:

Linus doesn't suffer fools or bad code. TT is spewing stupidity as usual.
i believe that last time we had this discussion we all agreed that he could be less of a tyrant and we also discussed how if he acted that way at any other company, he would be canned or at least he would speak to HR a lot

so no, i'm not spewing complete stupidity. just because he runs the show doesn't mean he should act like that

and no, i have not had any commits shot down by Linus so i'm not salty either

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Would this be a bad time to ask what you think about Stallman?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Stop posting utter crap. Linus is in fact quite a good guy to know and is drat good at his job. Oh booo loving hoo, he calls out idiot and guts them. Well that just happens to be GOOD. If someone does something that breaks Linux, there's a whoooole fuckload of systems that can go extremely wrong and frankly he gives people a lot of chances before he hauls them across the coals. Plus Linus isnt on a religious OSS crusade, he just wants to get the job done... which is a drat sight more than could be said about the fools who are critical of him like in the SFC - Karen Sandler, who basically made GNOME foundation bankrupt with her misguided gender politics. You should look that up, that is a true clustefuck of stupid. So stupid that when she tried to get on the Linux Foundation, the big players went No loving Way and made sure she would never get a seat. Oh then Matthew Garrett, someone who was correctly torched by Linus for being a clueless idiot over dipshit ideas about UEFI jumps up and down claiming to be a victim.

And Garrett continues to be a lying fuckwit about the situation and anything to do with Linus ever since.

If you get gutted by Linus, then you absolutly, completely and utterly deserved it. As I said, he is in fact quite a good guy who simply does not suffer stupidity.

:stare:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

I didn't realize people had such strong opinions about Linux people.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

As a raging turbonerd I

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Which was the one that started picking scabs off his foot then eating it sitting on a stage while a lecture was being given?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

1500quidporsche posted:

Which was the one that started picking scabs off his foot then eating it sitting on a stage while a lecture was being given?

Richard Stallman. That will never not be funny to bring up every time OSS comes up.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ

Richard Stallman.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Oh god you didn't have to post it. Let people google the horror for themselves.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

fyodor posted:

Oh god you didn't have to post it. Let people google the horror for themselves.

Why did I watch that? Especially knowing what was going to happen... I don't know which is worse -- his doing it, or my watching it.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

meatpimp posted:

Why did I watch that? Especially knowing what was going to happen... I don't know which is worse -- his doing it, or my watching it.

His doing it is way worse.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i met richard stallman and he was supposed to stay at my house while he was at my uni

turns out one of the things on his list of requirements is that there be no dogs at the place that hosts him lol

i think his heart is in the right place, but he goes overboard with it

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

scuz posted:

It's probably pennies a day, too. In Costa Rica, even Quizno's is affordable.

For private air conditioned transportation for 2 weeks, it's roughly $550 US.

Adiabatic posted:

May the odds be forever in your favor. Also, enjoy the hell out of CR, it's an amazing place. What parts are you headed to?

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Tusen Takk posted:

i met richard stallman and he was supposed to stay at my house while he was at my uni

turns out one of the things on his list of requirements is that there be no dogs at the place that hosts him lol

i think his heart is in the right place, but he goes overboard with it

Yeah, he should've just picked the thing off his foot and dropped it. Putting it in his mouth was just a step too far.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Yeah, he should've just picked the thing off his foot and dropped it. Putting it in his mouth was just a step too far.

poo poo went south the moment he took off his shoe. Which begs the question, was it a subconscious act of pick and eat or did he do it on purpose? Either way.. MOTHERFUCK! :barf:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I joked about it but seriously if he would have stayed at my house I bet i could have heated my 600sqft house for a year by burning the sheets he slept on

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

keykey posted:

Adiabatic posted:

Both of you, tell me more. My wife and I were this close to going to Puerto Jimenez last year but spent too long hemming and hawing over it and then the prices spiked. Ended up being way cheaper to go to Hawaii, but Costa Rica is still very much on the to-do list.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Guys, tamales are really good.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Both of you, tell me more. My wife and I were this close to going to Puerto Jimenez last year but spent too long hemming and hawing over it and then the prices spiked. Ended up being way cheaper to go to Hawaii, but Costa Rica is still very much on the to-do list.

I dunno yo. My wife and I got this Southwest Companion Pass jazz and a shitload of miles, and San Jose & Liberia are two of the international Southwest destinations. We're in the early phases of planning, but the wife is a pretty experienced international bum. Staying with friends, in hostels, camping, etc.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Saw a test mule Alfa Romeo Giulia today, it looked basically like a Lexus from behind but obviously wasn't due to the manufacturer plates/no badges/quad exhausts, I only figured out what it was when I passed it because the calipers say Alfa Romeo on them. Have a blurry potato photo.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Adiabatic posted:

I dunno yo. My wife and I got this Southwest Companion Pass jazz and a shitload of miles, and San Jose & Liberia are two of the international Southwest destinations. We're in the early phases of planning, but the wife is a pretty experienced international bum. Staying with friends, in hostels, camping, etc.

At this point I'm not sure if you two are actually married or not.

I don't think you are, but I'm not 100% sure anymore

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

alternate.eago posted:

Don't kinkshame.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

keykey posted:

poo poo went south the moment he took off his shoe. Which begs the question, was it a subconscious act of pick and eat or did he do it on purpose? Either way.. MOTHERFUCK! :barf:

I just can't help but laugh at someone so clueless as to go through that entire process and just think nothing of it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

alternate.eago posted:

I don't think you are, but I'm not 100% sure anymore

http://imgur.com/bWJCgO0

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Less gross:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jskq3-lpQnE

Poor microphone.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Does that person have the autism?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

He freaks out like Enourmo posts about school.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Seen on the way back from work.
It didn't come out very well but the golf's battery seems to be powering the lawnmower.
Engine didn't seem to be running as I drove past.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Good grief I'm bored

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Try being an interesting person.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Damming the Colorado river required a little bit more than what could be considered basic technology, imo.

Imagine if instead of Peak Oil, it was Peak Water. The US Southwest would be fuuuuucked.
The book Water Knife goes into some cool what ifs about that scenario, where the concept of water passing through different territories leads to a ton of weird law and loopholes, including one state bombing another's dam because its water needs outweighed the political consequences. Pretty good near future dystopia, decent action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
1998 Ford F-150: where is the CD changer?

I didn't think there was one, but I pressed CD on the dash unit and music started playing. There are like 3-4 CDs in it and I found a disc caddy on the floor but I cannot find the changer unit.

• Locked thread