Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's the tard that doesn't end. This time it's got a 4 my friend. Black baby started singing it, precisely knowing what it was. And you'll just keep on singing it forever...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Okay I take it back, the pistol just doesn't even exist in SnapMap :psyduck: there's a few things in single player that they need to patch in to SnapMap like, right away.

Still, so far I'm having a blast with this. Its way better than Rage and its what they should have done instead of Doom 3.

ShinAli
May 2, 2003

The Kid better watch his step.

Zaphod42 posted:

Just dropped 20 cacodemons in a single room, so you can create some NUTS.wad if you want to but not quite on the level of Doom 1 obviously. Used up about 30% of the "demons" budget, which means we may run low on the total number of monsters for a whole map but at least rooms can be full of a lot of dudes and there's no limit like "you only fight 5 dudes at a time" or anything, the game engine seems to handle big groups well.

You can build in some AI triggers to respawn them as well to help with the monster count.

Protip: single monster spawners can get around the placed demon limit.

Lots of stuff is still being looked at for SnapMaps.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah that's the only reason to get it. Multi was built by Certain Affinity so it plays like watered-down piss.

If $60 for a singleplayer only game is too much for you I can understand that. But the only reason TO get the game is for the single player only, IMO.

E: And Co-op on SnapMaps, I guess. That could be fun.

See I was under the impression that the MP was supposed to be the big deal versus the SP. That's good to know. It looks like a fun.

Shame I'll have to get it for consoles, but no way in the world is this going to run on my pc...well it would as low probably, but GTX 460 isn't going to do too much. :lol:

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 12, 2016

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gfanikf posted:

See I was under the impression that the MP was supposed to be the big deal versus the SP. That's good to know. It looks like a fun.
Bethesda's marketing department put emphasis on the loving godawful MP instead of focus on the singleplayer and more importantly failed to show it being played correctly

Bethesda's marketing is, in short, Retard 4

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

gfanikf posted:

Shame I'll have to get it for consoles, but no way in the world is this going to run on my pc...well it would as low probably, but GTX 460 isn't going to do too much. :lol:

Yowza, yeah 460 is getting long in the tooth and wasn't super powerful to begin with. Well, as much as I and a lot of the old school gamer crew :corsair: think that pc is superior and this is a game that should be played on Mouse & Keyboard, they did a great job of the port (since consoles are such a bigger customer base :smith:) and the only real difference seems like the mouse and keyboard.

The graphics look just as amazing on console, it runs at a very high frame rate on console, and console even gets snapmap!

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Took 20 minutes to decrypt on an evo 850.

Game runs/looks fantastic @ 1440p, max settings, using a Fury

Streaming the singleplayer at twitch.tv/sneakyness_912

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Bethesda's marketing department put emphasis on the loving godawful MP instead of focus on the singleplayer and more importantly failed to show it being played correctly

Bethesda's marketing is, in short, Retard 4

That...actually explains things. I was just afraid SP was going to be a gimped 6hr after thought. Good to know it's just Bethesda being morons.

Zaphod42 posted:

Yowza, yeah 460 is getting long in the tooth and wasn't super powerful to begin with. Well, as much as I and a lot of the old school gamer crew :corsair: think that pc is superior and this is a game that should be played on Mouse & Keyboard, they did a great job of the port (since consoles are such a bigger customer base :smith:) and the only real difference seems like the mouse and keyboard.

The graphics look just as amazing on console, it runs at a very high frame rate on console, and console even gets snapmap!

Oh yeah I was constantly amazed I was able to run The Division on it. It's actually held out nicely since it was part of a system build down with DX HR in mind. But yeah eventually I'm going to have to do get build something new.

It's nice to know the port is done well.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
The game is alright but the sound is completely :confused: it's like the mars asthmatics support group constantly hissing and wheezing in your ear while explosions are mixed out.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
If you buy the game from behind a VPN do you have to stay connected to it until the "official" release in your time zone or just until you download and launch it for the first time?

vvv awesome, thanks!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

If you buy the game from behind a VPN do you have to stay connected to it until the "official" release in your time zone or just until you download and launch it for the first time?

Boot the game with the VPN up, drop the VPN, should be good to go from there. Not sure if it'll hassle you if you close it and re-open it but I don't think it will, pretty sure once its decrypted its decrypted.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
So I've been playing computer games with a gtx670 for years with everything at high detail. Haven't even remotely considered upgrading at any point I've been using it. Just noticed that its the minimum spec for doom. Yup, its an id game I guess.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The gripping platforming segments and vague rpg elements are making this game hard to not buy. If only there was an option to turn always run to on...

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
I have a very important question:

Can you fire the super shotgun one barrel at a time? Some of the Doom wads I've been playing lately do that and I really like it for some silly reason.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Can you fire the super shotgun one barrel at a time? Some of the Doom wads I've been playing lately do that and I really like it for some silly reason.

I haven't gotten the SSG yet, but all weapons have a customizable alt-fire. The pistol has a charge shot, the single shotty has some upgrade but I don't have it yet so I dont' even know what the options are going to be.

SSG having a single barrel fire mode would make sense. Can't say that its that way for sure, but def could be.

InterFaced posted:

So I've been playing computer games with a gtx670 for years with everything at high detail. Haven't even remotely considered upgrading at any point I've been using it. Just noticed that its the minimum spec for doom. Yup, its an id game I guess.

Yeah when Doom 3 first came out my computer at the time couldn't run it for poo poo. It was Crysis before Crysis.

Now I have money though and a fancy 970 so I'm playing this at 1440 on max settings at 100+ fps :) oh yeah g-sync baby

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Welp. I did a thing. Took advantage of GMG's deal and am downloading a thing. Thanks to Comcast, I will not be finished for... like 9 and a half hours... sooooooo right around when it unlocks. Not bad.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm calling this game, Linear Platforming Hell.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
HAHA POLYGON just disabled ratings and comments on their DOOM video after the overwhelming negative reaction to how lovely they are at videogames.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Capn Beeb posted:

I feel the same way--you're usually able to fire one barrel after the other faster than two shots from the pump shotgun, so it gives you a lot more flexibility and speed with follow-up shots, but you're still limited by the two rounds. It gives the super shotgun a lot more versatility without eclipsing the pump shotgun.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

gently caress jumping puzzles. They are really bad in this game.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

^ The jumping puzzles really aren't that bad lol it's literally one spot and in retrospect it was mega obvious because they've done that like 20 times before then for secrets

Ended up having to turn some poo poo down to high once I got to hell, they really did not hold back. Could probably get away with it if I wasn't also streaming :haw:

Edit: Super Shotgun Spoilers: The final upgrade will let you fire twice before having to reload :ssh:

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 12, 2016

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

Edit: Super Shotgun Spoilers: The final upgrade will let you fire twice before having to reload :ssh:

Does that mean you fire two shells twice for a total of 4 shells, or you have the choice of firing only one shell at a time?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GreatGreen posted:

Does that mean you fire two shells twice for a total of 4 shells, or you have the choice of firing only one shell at a time?
4 shells. They showed off that upgrade in one of the pre-release teasers.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

The better of the two

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anybody going to stream by chance?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Doomguy just fist bumped one of the hidden dolls :3:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Anyone else getting sound looping bugs? Not sure if it's just me.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

Anybody going to stream by chance?

Some goon posted awhile back he was streaming but I couldn't find the post just now.

Lots of people are on twitch obviously.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

GreatGreen posted:

I wonder why they didn't include the standard assault rifle and shotgun zombie marines.
Are there any enemies with hitscan attacks in the game?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Agh I wanna get off work and play more.

I just found references to other monsters in Doom 4 that I didn't see in SnapMap, they might have been cut during development but its also possible there's more stuff :)

Cardboard Box A posted:

Are there any enemies with hitscan attacks in the game?

There's a few different flavors of "possessed" which are the new zombies, not sure if any of them has a hitscan attack though. I think one of them has a gun?

Most of the enemies definitely do not have hitscan attacks but I prefer it that way, more that you can duck and weave around. As long as they're still threatening and toss lots of fireballs or whatever at you that's fine by me.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

I just found references to other monsters in Doom 4 that I didn't see in SnapMap, they might have been cut during development but its also possible there's more stuff :)

There's a few different flavors of "possessed" which are the new zombies, not sure if any of them has a hitscan attack though. I think one of them has a gun?

Most of the enemies definitely do not have hitscan attacks but I prefer it that way, more that you can duck and weave around. As long as they're still threatening and toss lots of fireballs or whatever at you that's fine by me.

You should stream later when off work. Its only befitting, given you made the thread. You are the Doomguy.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Stuntman posted:

4 shells. They showed off that upgrade in one of the pre-release teasers.

My. loving. God. I mean, I know the regular shotgun had explosive rounds and one other kind, and the HAR had the missile launcher attachment, but who the gently caress would have thought four shells worth of buckshot would sound a lot better.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Soooo... does anyone want to talk about PC performance? I'm hoping to get 1080p60 on just all high settings with a 2500k@4.3ghz, 8GB of memory and a GTX970.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Soooo... does anyone want to talk about PC performance? I'm hoping to get 1080p60 on just all high settings with a 2500k@4.3ghz, 8GB of memory and a GTX970.

I have your hardware and i'm on Ultra @1080p with no problems.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Zaphod42 posted:

drat, hopefully this game will have a modding scene for it. Probably won't get quite as crazy as Doom/Doom2 but who knows.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Taking a break to eat dinner, how do I get the BFG??? I'm stuck in the room with the lasers and have no idea what to do

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
whoa commander keen is bj blazkowitz' kid???

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Walrus posted:

whoa commander keen is bj blazkowitz' kid???

I believe it's canon.http://www.rinkworks.com/apogee/s/2.8.6.2.shtml

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Finally off work goddamnit! Time to RIP AND TEAR

Dandywalken posted:

You should stream later when off work. Its only befitting, given you made the thread. You are the Doomguy.

But if I stream I'll have to turn my settings down :colbert:

Also I'm lazy as fuuuuuuck

widespread posted:

My. loving. God. I mean, I know the regular shotgun had explosive rounds and one other kind, and the HAR had the missile launcher attachment, but who the gently caress would have thought four shells worth of buckshot would sound a lot better.

CliffyB did

Bulletstorm is woefully underappreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Wait what the gently caress, this game is good??? There are too many good games coming out right now!