Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Endorph posted:

i like how they expect anyone to actually sit down and read 5000 words about a dogman and his brother who is somehow a crocodile
They were humans who became animals bro saved you 4994 words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Chill is kinda meh since it has the same cooldown and AP ratio as dash, but its harder to shotgun and most people building AP already have crowd control. I've mainly taken it on Veigar and Viktor; heroes that you dont really want to be dashing into the thick of things.

A spare dash is just too useful to pass up on a lot of heroes; it's like comparing Flash and Exhaust.

I don't think ice gun can hit a target multiple times actually. It sprays a bunch of piercing bolts but you can't hit a target more than once.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
This build sucks Libertine

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Since Nautilus is weaker I wanted to play a new super fun support and Gragas is fun but idk if he's good. He's inately a little more tanky than Nautilus is right now and he's already my main jungler. He has a lot of displacements/slows to help secure kills too, and he does a bit of damage with some items.

Someone high elo talk about it with me thanks

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Libertine posted:

I feel like new Abyssal is an objectively good purchase on Thresh, it has a boatload of MR, 10% CDR, good AP, and you are going to be in the center of their team in just about every fight and weakening the enemy MR is pretty solid. It's like an inverse Aegis with 2.5x strength that you will almost always be able to be in range to deliver the debuff basically. In this particular game they had almost no actual big AP threat of their own to merit an Aegis.
Abyssal sounds terrible on Thresh compared to locket. The aura is pretty small, scales with level, he scales poorly with AP, and it gives no HP and no shield. The aura is no good if you die. If you can activate items, locket sheld is more efficient if it matters for like 2 champions, and chances are that shield will matter more than the debuff by virtue of keeping your team, including you, healthier. Also the components are way worse than locket.

Also its being an "inverse locket" is more of an argument for locket. Whoever's building that will finish it before the abyssal–it's 250g cheaper, and aegis is another 1k cheaper–so there will still be an item spike for the aegis/locket builder. The MR reduction doesn't even break even with locket until level 13, and the +134 shielding on two targets from Thresh's W is less than the level 13 locket shield on one champion, 270. I'm pretty sure locket is worth it without an AP threat.

Might as well be building a sunfire cape at that point.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Since Nautilus is weaker I wanted to play a new super fun support and Gragas is fun but idk if he's good. He's inately a little more tanky than Nautilus is right now and he's already my main jungler. He has a lot of displacements/slows to help secure kills too, and he does a bit of damage with some items.

Someone high elo talk about it with me thanks
imo the most fun supports are veigar, leblanc, and lee sin

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
the problem with AP thresh is that, Whip It Thresh is too fun to pass up

New Revolver just makes it even funnier

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Gragas was briefly run as a support but stopped being run as a support when the slow on his Q got nerfed. The slow has been reverted back to 2 seconds and you don't have to charge the barrel to get the full duration anymore.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Endorph posted:

imo the most fun supports are veigar, leblanc, and lee sin

Veigar support definitely has been one of the most fun experiences playing this game, I just have to mute my adc when he complains I'm "stealing" his kills

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I want to live in the magic elo where there's good supports and bad ADCs

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i would say there was a lot of (relatively) good supports and bad adcs in gold from my brief stint there after mmr got reset.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If you have bad teammates I have some bad news for you :kiddo:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

NTT posted:

This build sucks Libertine

Ya but it's Blue Thresh, the build so good it sounds like a Paul Walker movie (R.I.P.)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

I want to live in the magic elo where there's good supports and bad ADCs
I've never been carried by an ADC and I'm a support main so it's all elo. ADC mains suck just ask bond

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I've been playing cdr lucian and winning games, that's my recommendation thanks

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I read the first 4 lore things. Here is an actual summary as one giant story.

There was once a land called Shurima. All Shurimans were furries and had a fursona. The highest honor in Shurima was a the right of Ascension. This transformed you into your fursona and greatly increased your combat abilities. The first two people to pull of the Ascension were Nasus and Renekton. Next, Azir wanted to Ascend. Unfortunately, his devotion to Shurima was questioned because he totally banged hot chicks all the time, some of which were slaves. Slaves were a lower caste and thus forbidden from having a fursona. No true champion of Shurima, would lay the pipe down on anyone without a fursona. Azir however threatened to kill the famil of anyone who opposed his Ascension. He was allowed to Ascend, but as he was about to unleash his fursona, Xerath shanked him and took his place. Unfortunately, Xerath was slave and thus never had a fursona. Xerath thought he could use a lightning bolt as his fursona, but the result was a disaster. Shurima was obliterated and sunk beneath the ground. Then the Cass/Sivir thing happened, and Azir was somehow reborn as a tall slender birdman.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
dont forget about skarner

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

then rammus said ok

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Is malphite any good as a support? I got my friend Mecha Zero Sion for his birthday and now he really wants to run an all-robot team.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why not just have blitz support?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Support Malphite is weirdly popular in lower elo korean solo queue. I think it's top ten win rate too actually

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Endorph posted:

why not just have blitz support?

I meant cool robots

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

I meant cool robots
arcade blitzcrank

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

You and I have very different definitions of cool

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Safety Scissors posted:

I read the first 4 lore things. Here is an actual summary as one giant story.

There was once a land called Shurima. All Shurimans were furries and had a fursona. The highest honor in Shurima was a the right of Ascension. This transformed you into your fursona and greatly increased your combat abilities. The first two people to pull of the Ascension were Nasus and Renekton. Next, Azir wanted to Ascend. Unfortunately, his devotion to Shurima was questioned because he totally banged hot chicks all the time, some of which were slaves. Slaves were a lower caste and thus forbidden from having a fursona. No true champion of Shurima, would lay the pipe down on anyone without a fursona. Azir however threatened to kill the famil of anyone who opposed his Ascension. He was allowed to Ascend, but as he was about to unleash his fursona, Xerath shanked him and took his place. Unfortunately, Xerath was slave and thus never had a fursona. Xerath thought he could use a lightning bolt as his fursona, but the result was a disaster. Shurima was obliterated and sunk beneath the ground. Then the Cass/Sivir thing happened, and Azir was somehow reborn as a tall slender birdman.

Now please explain Targon to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

diana and leona are gay but it wasn't put in the lore, taric is gay but it wasn't put in the lore, pantheon exists, aurelion sol is getting his musical creativity stifled by ruthless corporate executives

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

How Rude posted:

Enemy Lee Sin from last Goon normal:

I was playing Ezreal :lol:

i had a guy whine for about 20 mins about how yasuo was way powerful for being the easiest champion in the game. he was playing warwick

Neurolimal posted:

Team settled on Jax, duo queue hardcore fed and moaned about how Jax is a dumb and bad hero who takes no skiiiiilllll

Like, button mashing doesnt mean infinity skill, Jayce and Sona aren't super-dendi pro picks

jax is harder than average, mostly because he is dumpster tier right now so if you kill anyone or do anything useful you might as well be a god

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ignite Memories posted:

Is malphite any good as a support? I got my friend Mecha Zero Sion for his birthday and now he really wants to run an all-robot team.

I've played Malphite support against all ad teams when Taric is inexplicably picked or banned. That's pretty much the only time you should pick it.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

Some dude who maybe existed has a bunch of his aspects and they have people who embody them and get cool gem related powers or lame spear related powers. Probably. :v:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
malphite has kill pressure at 6 but a support malphite doesn't scale that well. the end

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Thanks guys, I'll try and figure something else out. Maybe I can get away with vel'koz.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Ignite Memories posted:

Thanks guys, I'll try and figure something else out. Maybe I can get away with vel'koz.

Why try to "get away with" something, save yourself the trouble and just play good champions.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
^^^ He needs a robot skinned champ for the gimmick! I guess you could Sion support... e: Or PLAY BLITZ HE IS A ROBOT SUPPORT

Ignite Memories posted:

Vel support is really fun and pretty strong, you should go for it (for sure better than malphite)! He definitely is one of those supports where 'if they're dead, they're cc'd', though his q and e are pretty solid for kiting. IIRC he got mage updated to rely a bit more on scaling AP, but hopefully the true damage ult should balance that out. Definitely somewhat weaker than last patch, but workable imo.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/57353113b7a1f40eeb/poor-tryndamere

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 13, 2016

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Libertine posted:

Why try to "get away with" something, save yourself the trouble and just play good champions.

Because he's my friend and I want to celebrate his birthday and make him happy?

It's just a game, buddy.

edit: but yeah, I wish there were a blitzcrank that were more battlecasty and less toy-story-lookin'. Worst case scenario he'll just have to settle for project leona.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Id play whatever the hell you want, malphite and sion are both fun supports

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Christ, Malzahar and Zayra are both insufferable midlane. Who the hell thought this was a good idea.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Ignite Memories posted:

Vel Koz is a fun support, not sure about how good he'll be after his mini-rework, though. You're basically better off as Morgana almost any time you'd pick the eye, but Morg is getting banned now.

Malphite is fun and good as a support, but you REALLY have to control your mana use. He's a bit like Braum with a regen shield and less mana, but who has better kill pressure at 6. He also doesn't scale well, so he's really only good as a niche pick against all AD teams otherwise other similar supports are better (Braum for tank with a knockup ult and slows, Leona for a hardcore initiator). He's not complete poo poo as a support, though, so if you really want to do team robot go for it.

In full disclosure, I play Ironsides Malph all the time as a support so I can type "I'm a Boat" and "boat beats - Horse/Train/Plane" if anyone on their team is Hecarim, Sion, or Corki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Ignite Memories posted:

It's just a game, buddy.

Lmao

• Locked thread