Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Her design is cool, check out those swords

this game looks fuckin awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Another round of info from Falcom. Two more new characters, a girl with a chain whip and an old man with a rifle + bayonet. More importantly though a release date!! July 21st on Vita and then the PS4 version will be some time in 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Holy poo poo a new vita gamem

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Another round of info from Falcom. Two more new characters, a girl with a chain whip and an old man with a rifle + bayonet. More importantly though a release date!! July 21st on Vita and then the PS4 version will be some time in 2017
I love the old man already.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well a new Japanese vita game. It took memories of Celceta 1.5 years to get released in the west

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

Well a new Japanese vita game. It took memories of Celceta 1.5 years to get released in the west

Oh I didn't know that. Well I look forward to playing Ys8 on the PS4 then I guess

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Limited edition vita bundle with Ys VIII. Looking slick

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would be excited about the new Ys game, but I'm not going to import a game no matter how good and it's gonna be forever before it gets localized so welp

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i havnt played any of this nd i'm mad about it, whats the best one to start with?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oath in Felghana probably. It's a good difficulty and a lot of fun levels and bosses, and if you like it there's 5 more games to play after in the same style

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oath or 7 are both good starts I think

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ty guys, i'll pick tht up once im sick of wild arms

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally started Ys VI and this is the last ys game I haven't played so it will be sad when I finish it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This intro loving rips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlB9npWtEr4

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

What mode are you playing on?

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
adol fell off a boat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

What mode are you playing on?

I started on normal because I didn't know what catastrophe was but im probably gonna restart because I don't use items anyway and I don't even want the temptation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i tried playingmore of this but i keep dying in the mountain. i havent played another ys game like this where by just travelling from story point to story point and killing everything i can, i am severely underleveled or maybe dont have the required equipment to fight enemy types and its kind of annoying. is the whole game like this?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

surprised you didn't have that problem with ys 1 and 2. it's not a bad idea to grind some. the self-destructing rocks give a lot of exp if you kill them before they blow up so they're a pretty quick way to do it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well yeah Ys 1 and 2 had the same issue but those are 30 year old Japanese PC games, not a PS2 game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

i tried playingmore of this but i keep dying in the mountain. i havent played another ys game like this where by just travelling from story point to story point and killing everything i can, i am severely underleveled or maybe dont have the required equipment to fight enemy types and its kind of annoying. is the whole game like this?

on catastrophe mode I think you get some items in chests that sell for a ton. if you have those you can get the best stuff from the shop right away.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Ys VI had one of my favorite boss fight themes in video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DfzxdyfRO4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started over on catastrophe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't played VI for like a week because I got to the part where I have three swords and kept getting lost in this huge cave and I haven't picked it up since. Definitely one of the weaker entries but afaik it's one of the first 3D ones and hasn't really been touched up/revised like most of the other entries have?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Found out about two cool Ys games today: Ys Strategy a RTS game for the DS (which did get a localization but only in Europe) and Ys VS Legend of Heroes, which is a Japan only game that is basically Super Smash Brothers in the Falcom multiverse

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

A few weeks ago some guy put out a patch that translates the menus in ys vs so it's playable you just won't get any of the story

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

In Training posted:

I haven't played VI for like a week because I got to the part where I have three swords and kept getting lost in this huge cave and I haven't picked it up since. Definitely one of the weaker entries but afaik it's one of the first 3D ones and hasn't really been touched up/revised like most of the other entries have?

use a map for that cave imo.

all that got touched up in the rerelease is they added calamity mode and warping which is good because the game was a backtracky slog without it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zaggitz posted:

use a map for that cave imo.

all that got touched up in the rerelease is they added calamity mode and warping which is good because the game was a backtracky slog without it.

why use a map when you can make one!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

nice. I did the same thing but i can't find the pic

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Current progress through this effed up labyrinth.

We're gonna need a bigger map.

I used your map when I played it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finished Ys VI. The last half of the game was super underwhelming but that's probably because I was playing on a normal. A lot of backtracking and lots and lots of text before you fight a cool boss and then te lamest final boss in all of Ys. A solid game but one I probably will never replay.

Thinking about booting up Origin to finally play the other character.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mage guy is worse than axe girl iirc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mean the third guy, the bonus dude with the beast claws

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh yeah

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I finished Ys VI. The last half of the game was super underwhelming but that's probably because I was playing on a normal. A lot of backtracking and lots and lots of text before you fight a cool boss and then te lamest final boss in all of Ys. A solid game but one I probably will never replay.

Thinking about booting up Origin to finally play the other character.

man I really enjoyed the final sequence but I was playing on hard. this song is so drat awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzfodAERwuU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The music is cool but the boss is super non-threatening. You're just waiting for the little crystal holes to rotate past you every couple seconds

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

The music is cool but the boss is super non-threatening. You're just waiting for the little crystal holes to rotate past you every couple seconds

That song's for the other guy, the one with the fairies. Though I definitely did die on the real final boss a few times on hard mode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The guy with the fairies is cool, and they had that neat mechanic with the being able to steal a healing spell from your enemy by bumping into it mid-flight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wish i could uncap the framerate so i could use my beastly gaming rig to run these 10 year old PSP games at 240fps. starting origin again now

• Locked thread