Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Blimey!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Sup. I'm playing Chex Quest

Chex Quest is really good. I heard the devs even made a chex quest 2 and 3 for all of the fans of chex quest 1, tho idk how true that is.

Unrelated, but I just want to remind everybody of how good red alert 3 is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

hahahahahahahahaha

Oh my god.

oh my god.

His deliver of the last word.

I'm loving dying.

You can see he's trying really hard not to laugh.

I loved the poo poo out of RA2 and Yuri's Revenge, but I never played 3.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

only to come back to show us his latest obsession

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
I hammered through the season tasks in Diablo 3, it was interesting.

It's a good way to get people to start from scratch, and it helps expose game content, changes, updates, and so on. It's a great opportunity to try a new character as well, so you can be exposed to different strategies.

CJacobs posted:

I played Doom 3 and it's not very good. It's a little bit bland because the formula is almost entirely "walk down a hallway, a random scary thing happens, demons come from in front of and also behind you. Sometimes the hallway is square shaped." I am going back to Chex Quest.

It's really a shame you can't just skip to the good parts that are toward the end of the game, with the hellscapes, the fast movement, and they quit the jump scares and just send thing at you around blind corners.

But at least you played the game you bought, which I'm sure is more than a lot of people end up doing(myself included)

FirstAidKite posted:

Chex Quest is really good. I heard the devs even made a chex quest 2 and 3 for all of the fans of chex quest 1, tho idk how true that is.

Good video, but now I kinda want a space-Tropico, with space-communism, and space-capitalism, and space-juntas trading space-commodities and tourism opportunities.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Ummm

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/727574470068715521?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Apparently I've lost whatever ability to read English I had remaining

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha they had to put that unnecessary apostrophe in "@Ultimatefighter's" because otherwise it would've made the tag be "ultimatefighters" because hashtags/@s are stupid and poorly implemented

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

Well allow me to blow your mind:

http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Chex_Quest

There's a working link to Chex Quest 3 which includes remade Chex Quest 1 and 2 :)

CrashCat posted:

Apparently I've lost whatever ability to read English I had remaining

Oh good, it's not just me. I thought I was having a drat stroke.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Twitter has officially jumped the shark.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
In case you really can't decipher it, they had some of the UFC fighters play Doom on an episode of The Ultimate Fighter a while back as a promo thing. But you can't really say that in 160 characters and so # @ # # @ it is.

edit: someone who's a fan of OG doom/doom 2 throw some .wads you like at me, I have finished up with the original games and am ready to take GZDoom to its logical extreme.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 13, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

Tim Curry owns

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:cripes:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tim Curry is a loving hero

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ugh, someone put the Disturbed 'Sound of Silence' on at work

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're playing Dark Souls

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Haha they had to put that unnecessary apostrophe in "@Ultimatefighter's" because otherwise it would've made the tag be "ultimatefighters" because hashtags/@s are stupid and poorly implemented

what's wrong with hashtags?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Looper posted:

what's wrong with hashtags?

Besides being an annoying tech trend, there's no technology to make similar tags aggregate, and so #Ultimatefighter and #Ultimatefighters will not be put on the same list. Instead you get two separate lists about the same thing. They are therefore useless as a measurement of how popular a topic of discussion is, because there's any combination of ways to spell or organize the words you put in the tag- but sites that use hashtags, Twitter especially, judge popularity of a subject by how trending it is as a tag, not by the subject's popularity across all tags, but on tags individually. It's a flawed system.

edit: Also, you can't put spaces in hashtags and there's no way to parse letters from them, which is why they had to put that apostrophe there. SoYouHaveToTypeItLikeThis.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 13, 2016

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
I love Tim Curry so goddamn much, he is a precious treasure and I will be inconsolable when he dies.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

no kingdom hearts 3 in 2016, deviantart mourns

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nomura is never going to be involved in a game that actually comes out ever again.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's quite tragic to see the condition Curry is in these days after his stroke. It's not a pretty picture. :(

But seriously what is this talking about? Is a UFC fighter playing video games? Is it Jon "Bones" Jones?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

8-Bit Scholar posted:

But seriously what is this talking about? Is a UFC fighter playing video games? Is it Jon "Bones" Jones?

it was explained a few posts up, but when I read it, it sounded like they were putting the UFC into Doom which made no loving sense

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Its been a decade since Kingdom Hearts 2 came out, everyone that was a fan of that series has most likely changed their taste in games since then.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm looking forward to KH3

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CJacobs posted:

In case you really can't decipher it, they had some of the UFC fighters play Doom on an episode of The Ultimate Fighter a while back as a promo thing. But you can't really say that in 160 characters and so # @ # # @ it is.

edit: someone who's a fan of OG doom/doom 2 throw some .wads you like at me, I have finished up with the original games and am ready to take GZDoom to its logical extreme.

Play Going Down. https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/gd

Also come by the Early FPS thread and ask. You'll get plenty more suggestions.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I said come in! posted:

Its been a decade since Kingdom Hearts 2 came out, everyone that was a fan of that series has most likely changed their taste in games since then.

Baal posted:

I'm looking forward to KH3

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Highly Doubtful

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

hahahahahahahahaha

Oh my god.

oh my god.

His deliver of the last word.

I'm loving dying.

You can see he's trying really hard not to laugh.

I loved the poo poo out of RA2 and Yuri's Revenge, but I never played 3.

people poo poo on red alert 3, and to be fair I've never played red alert 1 or 2 so I don't know how 3 differs from the first two, but I had fun with 3 and they have a lot of fun, hammy actors in there. and jenny mccarthy. but let's not talk about her.

George Takei as the emperor of the empire of the rising sun, jk simmons as the president of the usa, and tim curry as the head of russia are all just excellent at their roles

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wamdoodle posted:

Play Going Down. https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/gd

Also come by the Early FPS thread and ask. You'll get plenty more suggestions.

Will do, thanks.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the two big handheld games they've made since KH2 (BBS and 3D) are basically mainline games aside from how you equip and use skills anyway

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Kingdom Hearts 2 should have killed the franchise stone dead.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Motto posted:

the two big handheld games they've made since KH2 (BBS and 3D) are basically mainline games aside from how you equip and use skills anyway

Waiting for a release date for KH3 and then I will play all of the other games. KH2 was the last good Final Fantasy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In fact I actively enjoy Kingdom Hearts as a series aside from a few games here or there

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I watched an old roommate play through the entirety of KH2 and have watched full-on slideshows about what the series' plot is about and I still don't have even an inkling of an understanding. Fortunately according to goons, this means my brain is likely functioning normally.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
kingdom hearts games have really stupid stories past the first game (which also had a dumb story but it was a fun happy-go-lucky plot that wasn't neck-deep in its own backstory and lore) but I love the gameplay, they are fun action rpgs

except when I played chain of memories and got to a point where I didn't have a map card I needed to progress, and I kept grinding for them but the right map card never dropped so I could never complete the game :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, the stories are dumb but that surprisingly becomes part of the charm and the gameplay is genuinely pretty fun since it's like baby stylish action

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't like kh2 as much tho because all of the disney worlds felt like filler with no real reason to be there, and they didn't feel as interesting as they were in kh1. still the best star fox game for ps2 tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

i tried replaying KH2 but even past the tutorial there are just so many gimmick sections and cutscenes between you and the normal aRPG gameplay

• Locked thread