Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Executioners greatsword owns I would recommend it to anyone wanting to be a sword and sorcery guy. You can be the guy from the old science fiction books, I think his name was Severian? You can wear the exile mask and it's pretty much him except no super black cloak. No spoilers please I'm not done reading them. Anyway it's got cool runes on it and you can put great magic weapon on it and it pwns noobs and is really good in pvp bc it has really high natural attack and gives you fp for kills, just wish you could infuse it...

What's another cool big weapon, none of the other greatswords are thick enough (I like huge thick swords the best) and ultra greatswords are really hard to use in pve.

My guy is a low magic strength focused battle mage who uses magic to buff weapon and shield and give defense or whatever else you can do. Not too far yet into the game, just got to Icy Londo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I can't beat the drat dancer at 31. Where can I find 1 large titanite shard so I can get my raw rear end to +4 and 234 damage.

Raw rear end is p great FYI.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Leave a Firebomb at the crows nest, you could get a large shard that way.

Otherwise the Stray Demon is probably the earliest large shard.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Straight swords are lame. None of them are big, thick, and long enough to satisfy me except the dark sword but it's too rare and I can't get the dark guys to give it to me

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Is Gundyr's Halberd good or no? I can never seem to make Halberds work for me.

yes

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

WarpedLichen posted:

Speaking of Leo Ring what are some cool weapons to use it with?

The Hollowslayer Greatsword spamming r2s is one I'm seeing a bit and it hits like a truck. Seems boring as hell though.

Warpick, Pickaxe, Lucerne.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Digirat posted:

Deacons of the deep, because you're just getting mobbed by a buncha fat popes

The first time I got to the Deacons, I had a great sword. I wish I could have seen the poo poo eating grin on my face as I put my shield on my back and just loving charged in.

As for the Untended Graves, my theory is that it's neither past nor future, but just "other". The present, but if darkness came early or some such. Emma's secret dialogue is just because she's a crazy old bat.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

GulagDolls posted:

wow the gotthard swords do way way way too much damage

if the alternative is poo poo like the dancer's swords then i'm ok with that

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Darth Windu posted:

Straight swords are lame. None of them are big, thick, and long enough to satisfy me except the dark sword but it's too rare and I can't get the dark guys to give it to me

lol had no idea that thing was rare. I just got there and got one off my first dude.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Is Gundyr's Halberd good or no? I can never seem to make Halberds work for me.

Yes, especially if you get good at mix ups and punishing rolling/running/estus with the charge->R2.

Or uh, in pve? I have no idea honestly v:shobon:v

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
This spot marks our grave. But you may rest here, too, if you like.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

DrNutt posted:

lol had no idea that thing was rare. I just got there and got one off my first dude.

I had to farm the two knights outside the Farron Perimeter for ~15 minutes before I got one on my sorceror. Meanwhile my herald who (I believe) has never killed an individual black knight more than once has three of the drat things.

I'm parroting someone earlier in the thread, but the RNG knows what you want and takes great glee in withholding it.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt

Notorious QIG posted:

Speaking of Rosaria, I really wish you could respec at her an infinite number of times. Even if this was gated by beating the final boss or something, it's annoying that I can't rebuild my character for PVP as often as I want and have to either enter the next NG+ cycle or roll a new character.

Yeah the way it works should just be she asks for a larger number of pale tongues every time imo.

Also I think the obscuring ring is a really great and fun ring to have for invasions, so it kind of sucks that if I want it for low level pvp I basically have no choice but to fail Sirris's questline.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DrNutt posted:

Same, I had like two

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

This spots marks our rave, but you may rage here, too, if you like.

*bass drops*

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG

lite_sleepr posted:

I can't beat the drat dancer at 31. Where can I find 1 large titanite shard so I can get my raw rear end to +4 and 234 damage.

Raw rear end is p great FYI.

The wyvern spewing fire on the high wall will give you a large shard if you put enough arrows in it. It is a heinously monotonous task, but if you're in desperate need, that's a shard I imagine most players don't bother getting.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

Why would you want to ever cure your Dark Sigils anyway? Being Hollow is strictly a bonus and there's ways to get around beef jerky mode. Not to mention the cure costs $FUCKLOAD souls.

in what way is being hollow a bonus

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It lets you benefit from the hollow infusion which is important for some builds. Also being hollow gets you a free 5 levels per playthrough. Not really a huge deal though so it should come down to whether or not you care about looking like roadkill.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

are you saying that the hollow infusion doesn't work if you're not hollowed because wtf

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

All it takes is a little purple to show the reds and blues how similar we all really are :)

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

are you saying that the hollow infusion doesn't work if you're not hollowed because wtf

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or something but yes. 5 free levels and being able to do luck builds properly at the cost of looking like jerky seems like a fair deal to me.

e: also Yuria's services and associated questlines

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 13, 2016

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Digirat posted:

All it takes is a little purple to show the reds and blues how similar we all really are :)

Agreed 100%. We had 5 people running through the archives, I was a purple with the human ring on. We wound up killing the ice knight in there which left my health so low that I died to a 5 foot fall, a fitting end.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Oh god dammit now I'm gonna have to give up a permanent upgrade for the pig shield aren't I well here we go

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
You wont regret it. Of all the things to carry over from 2, I'm glad they remembered the important stuff.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Digirat posted:

...wait I think the purple I ran into literally was you. They were wearing the exact same getup while spamming aural decoy in the Cleansing Chapel.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Hollow weapons grant 5 luck passively when equipped if you are hollow. So the infusion won't be as good if you aren't hollow yourself.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 08:05 on May 13, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Digirat posted:

Oh god dammit now I'm gonna have to give up a permanent upgrade for the pig shield aren't I well here we go

They just need to bring back the iron boar head from DS1 in a DLC

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Dazzling Addar posted:

The wyvern spewing fire on the high wall will give you a large shard if you put enough arrows in it. It is a heinously monotonous task, but if you're in desperate need, that's a shard I imagine most players don't bother getting.

It's the same wyvrn that's on the bridge later so you could kill it more easily with firebombs there (at least I think you can get to that area with the dancer skip?)

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I tried the Carthus Curved Greatsword in PVP tonight. The regular move set is garbage and I couldn't get the Spin Slash to land consistently or would always get staggered out of it. It's the Carthus Curved Sword that's the good one, isn't it?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

I tried the Carthus Curved Greatsword in PVP tonight. The regular move set is garbage and I couldn't get the Spin Slash to land consistently or would always get staggered out of it. It's the Carthus Curved Sword that's the good one, isn't it?

yes the smaller one

Relaxodon
Oct 2, 2010
The untended Graves are simply an alternative world where no one ever made it out of the tutorial.

TheNightReaver
Sep 7, 2011

Go fart with the angels.
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but this takes DS3 to a whole new level...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esOpx7ybPt8

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

TheNightReaver posted:

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but this takes DS3 to a whole new level...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esOpx7ybPt8

lol

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Are there greatshields that even a wimpy str-faith hybrid like my character can wear? Beyond the one they brought back from ds1 I mean. Cause right now I thought about tanking all the bosses and greatswording in heavy armour but it turns out it's still only viable to dodge around in mirrah clothes and curved sword at the point I'm at (Dragonslayer armour and champion gundyr). Maybe I should just give up and respec into dex faith or equality?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Respeccing into equality is impossible while feminism still exists

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Size: 41.1 MB
App Ver: 1.04.1
Regulation Ver: 1.06.1

no notes lol

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's some kind of hieroglyphics that spell the word "poise" backwards but we're not sure what it means yet

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Patch seems to do address cheat issues. Changing a lot of effects from 0x3F07 [target Self, Friend, Enemy, Player, AI, Live, Ghost, WhiteGhost, BlackGhost, Attacker;] to 0x3F04 [target Self, Live, Ghost, WhiteGhost, BlackGhost and Attacker only (no Friend, Enemy, Player or AI)]

Kild fucked around with this message at 10:41 on May 13, 2016

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
are these patches for real gamers or just pc ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't know what you're talking about, Patches is the realest gamer around.