Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Why yes, he'll stand perfectly still not firing on anybody.

"No recourse"

*Shows recourse*

"Wait, I have to do work????"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

Why yes, he'll stand perfectly still not firing on anybody.

Also the undocumented SMG-11 recoil increase is bullshit. (also all the operators move like molasses now)

Are you high the smg11 is still the best gun on the game

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Couldn't help myself and bought $35 worth of Clancy Bucks to unlock a bunch of the cute little operator charms so people know I mean business. Also unlocked a couple of the doper skins.

You're welcome, Hard.

Also, bug report: Whenever a dropdown is broken it sounds like the sounds are doubling/tripling up. It sounds like a drat avalanche of wood debris is falling into a pit of glass.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The spas-12 is the new super 90.

Hard, SAS head options all suck, please correct this oversight.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Real newbie question here but what's a good way to deal with guys using riot shields? I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet because I'm trying to go through the situations and get some practice before going online and being a liability. I'm on 9, Improvise Defense, and I'm a little stuck and frustrated. The op is the person with the trip wire/laser explosives to trap doors, and there's barbed wire in my grenade slot. The last two enemies use riot shields, and I can't seem to break their defense before they kill me. If I had a frag I think it'd be a cinch, but I don't, and I don't think the bobby-traps get refilled when I resupply so I'm out by the time they show up (I know I could save one, haven't tried it again with that in mind. Even getting to the last wave is an uphill battle for me).

I know that I could probably bash my head against the stage a couple more times and figure something out, but I spent over an hour last night doing the No Intel mission before finding something that worked. I've only tried Improvise Defense a few times but if there's something simple like "Barbed wire makes people lower their shields" I think that'd be really helpful. Otherwise I'll have to fall back on the tried and true "git gud' strategy.

Also, is putting a trip wire on a door with a barrier effective? I've tried that a few times but I feel (in my gut) that when the barriers are breached the explosive goes off with it, wasting it without damaging the enemy.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

the best part of all this rage is that i started it and they just migrated to strangelove at some point in the match

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LawfulWaffle posted:

Real newbie question here but what's a good way to deal with guys using riot shields? I haven't even touched the multiplayer yet because I'm trying to go through the situations and get some practice before going online and being a liability. I'm on 9, Improvise Defense, and I'm a little stuck and frustrated. The op is the person with the trip wire/laser explosives to trap doors, and there's barbed wire in my grenade slot. The last two enemies use riot shields, and I can't seem to break their defense before they kill me. If I had a frag I think it'd be a cinch, but I don't, and I don't think the bobby-traps get refilled when I resupply so I'm out by the time they show up (I know I could save one, haven't tried it again with that in mind. Even getting to the last wave is an uphill battle for me).

I know that I could probably bash my head against the stage a couple more times and figure something out, but I spent over an hour last night doing the No Intel mission before finding something that worked. I've only tried Improvise Defense a few times but if there's something simple like "Barbed wire makes people lower their shields" I think that'd be really helpful. Otherwise I'll have to fall back on the tried and true "git gud' strategy.
Also, is putting a trip wire on a door with a barrier effective? I've tried that a few times but I feel (in my gut) that when the barriers are breached the explosive goes off with it, wasting it without damaging the enemy.

Bracing charges will blow the traps up, so wait until after the bots have destroyed the barricades.

Use C4 charges like grenades to get the shields. If that doesn't work then close the distance while firing to force them to hide behind the shield and melee when you're close.

During situations and terrorist hunt be sure to stock back up on ammo when you can so that you always have full amounts of C4.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Bug report: Rook doesn't have a Tier 2/3 Head customization, but Doc has two.

Please give Rook the T-800 skull, tia

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

LawfulWaffle posted:

You're so cute i want to eat you raw.

eAI besides being aimbotting piece of shits are predictable. The room with the hostage has corridors all around it. Can't manage to hit the foot/arm sticking out of the shield? Flank them. Melee also works as it will ''shield break''' them for a valuable second. Just enough to melee or shoot them.
eAi are not trained to see the huge fuckoff screw and will only use breach charges on walls/reinforcements. They will bash any door barricade and won't see/shoot Kapkan's ® Entry Denial Device™ unless theres nothing hiding it.

BadLlama posted:

The spas-12 is the new super 90.

Hard, SAS head options all suck, please correct this oversight.

Pictures of the future sets have been shown if you prefer.

ten_twentyfour posted:

Couldn't help myself and bought $35 worth of Clancy Bucks to unlock a bunch of the cute little operator charms so people know I mean business. Also unlocked a couple of the doper skins.

You're welcome, Hard.

Also, bug report: Whenever a dropdown is broken it sounds like the sounds are doubling/tripling up. It sounds like a drat avalanche of wood debris is falling into a pit of glass.

:homebrew:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

I'm glad I peeked on Ash.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Hard posted:

You're so cute i want to eat you raw.

:whitewater:

Thanks for the advice, I'll put it to use.

Pesticide20 posted:

Use C4 charges like grenades to get the shields. If that doesn't work then close the distance while firing to force them to hide behind the shield and melee when you're close.

During situations and terrorist hunt be sure to stock back up on ammo when you can so that you always have full amounts of C4.

Does my guy have C4? I think it's just the barbed wire, unless I'm missing a swap button or something. C4 would be mighty handy but I think it would undermine the lesson of the situation.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Only played a few games but flashbangs :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

LawfulWaffle posted:

Real newbie question here but what's a good way to deal with guys using riot shields?

shiv every shield you see

either sweep their shield away and give them a hug
or run up next to em and put it in the ribs

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i had an 'argument' with one of the guys i play ranked with about blackbeards shield being impenetrable, who didn't believe me when i said you could break it.

'okay, just go prone and shoot at my head'

like a clip of ak ammo later: -100 team kill

classic.

also, somehow i cluster charged the hostage (in master bedroom) even though i deployed it in the bathroom? had no idea how that happened.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

also, somehow i cluster charged the hostage (in master bedroom) even though i deployed it in the bathroom? had no idea how that happened.

The magic of Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey. We once lost 3 people to a single Fuze:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I've played with that Ubicukold guy several times, he talks like that to everyone.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what are people's strategies for defense? my usual group usually spreads out, which is fine on defusal I guess but it gets tiring being literally the only person watching the objective and finding myself in lopsided 3v1s because my dipshit teammates all want to 'roam' and ignore the fact you only need like ten seconds to get a hostage rescue. what could i be doing differently? anything?

DuoGodOfDeath
Feb 20, 2007
I usually roam to the opposite side of where the objective will be hoping an attacker will think hes save being so far away. Tend to get a lot of sneak attacks on people that way.Also sit on cams waiting to see where they're also attacking from and try to hit them from behind. But being stuck on the SEA servers its pretty hard to communicate with Japanese/Chinese/Korean players. Yesterday was pretty bad trying to carry bad teammates going 17-5-6 while the rest of the team combines 3 kills.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Two roamers spread out and stay out until like two minutes pass, or if we've some how lost the attackers. Then you slowly work your way back.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

New patch introduced mouse lag for me. Anyone else sometimes feel like sensitivity drops really low?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Physics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71FGrtpJVew

https://zippy.gfycat.com/FinishedQualifiedCopepod.webm

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Basticle posted:

Are you high the smg11 is still the best gun on the game

it need a buff in my opinion

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I feel like the death animations got an overhaul

http://i.imgur.com/mvIATyM.gifv

good stuff. also how are you making your gifs? Gooncam only records at 30fps so everything seems super sped up but if I slow it down by adding a delay then it looks bad (see above).

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Is anybody else seeing an increase in the amount of teams that will injure the hostage at the beginning of the round and then revive him to "insure" that if he gets shot by the attackers that they will instantly lose the round? It's been like every hostage round i've played now.

Is there actually merit to this strategy? I've read around that the hostage actually has health like a 3 armor protection but it certainly doesn't feel like it at times when i've seen him get clipped accidentally and die instantly.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it certainly feels like the hostage has considerably less health than even a 1 armor operator so

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Basticle posted:

good stuff. also how are you making your gifs? Gooncam only records at 30fps so everything seems super sped up but if I slow it down by adding a delay then it looks bad (see above).

That's not a gif, it's a video file uploaded to imgur. It's basically a .mp4 without the sound.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I always shoot the hostage, but I don't down them.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Unofficial changelog? https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4iy73l/undocumented_patch_changes/

Notable:

Sledge destroys both layers of a floor when using breaching hammer

All operators move slower

Nitro cells and grenades fly faster

Operators lose their rook armor after you are put in a DBNO state and then revived.

IQ cannot see the outline of pulse's cardiac sensor in the way she sees the outline of other gadgets, so IQ is now a counter to Pulse? https://gfycat.com/TediousQuarterlyCrayfish

Basticle posted:

Just upload the video directly to gfycat? Also you might want to resize first, since smaller size gfycat embedding doesn't seem to work.

afkmacro posted:

New patch introduced mouse lag for me. Anyone else sometimes feel like sensitivity drops really low?
Some people seem to be complaining that the menus are like Battlefield 2-era laggy now. Or do you mean in gameplay?

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 13, 2016

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

After playing all that overwatch beta this was real tough to get back into, not because of a quality difference, it's just everyone feels like they're moving so slow.

The new operators seem cool, I'm not crazy about all of the balance changes though. Mainly Thermite losing frag grenades bums me out, since he was the only attacker I played that had them. I think a nice change would be if they gave IQ smoke grenades. Seeing as she can see through smoke with her scanner, it'd be a nice option for her.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 13, 2016

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Can't get people to understand that IQ is now really important for taking out Valk cameras. I think people were so used to her primaries being the most useful thing that they forget she has the scanner. It's starting to genuinely piss me off when IQ players yell "WHAT'S SPOTTING ME? WHO'S VALKYRIE? SHUT UP I'M BEING SPOTTED AND I DON'T KNOW FROM WHERE" and I'm not the kind of guy to get mad at multiplayer games.

DuoGodOfDeath
Feb 20, 2007
When I play as Valk I tend to throw her cameras into a light source so even if you look at it all you see is light. Tends to throw people off big time.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Throwing valk cameras out windows and skylights is hilarious

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Cardboard Box A posted:

Unofficial changelog? https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4iy73l/undocumented_patch_changes/
[snip]
Some people seem to be complaining that the menus are like Battlefield 2-era laggy now. Or do you mean in gameplay?

Laggy during gameplay. I guess I have to tweak stuff, some people say it could the polling rate of the mouse but I don't think I updated anything recently.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Hey Hard is there a solution to this problem someone posted on the ubi forums?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1447560-Operation-Dust-Line-not-Downloading-Forums

Basically the update download wont initialise and its saying to check my internet connection or make sure there is enough available space on my HDD.

I have like 50gig free on my ssd where uplay itself is installed to, and at least a terabyte on the hard drive that Siege is installed to.

I'm in australia if that means anything as one guy in that thread thinks it might be the aus/nz servers being down.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Hey Hard is there a solution to this problem someone posted on the ubi forums?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1447560-Operation-Dust-Line-not-Downloading-Forums

Basically the update download wont initialise and its saying to check my internet connection or make sure there is enough available space on my HDD.

I have like 50gig free on my ssd where uplay itself is installed to, and at least a terabyte on the hard drive that Siege is installed to.

I'm in australia if that means anything as one guy in that thread thinks it might be the aus/nz servers being down.

Sorry to hear that,
This is a bit out of my element so i forwarded the thread to internal uplay support. That might save the back and forth with CS asking you if your internet cable is properly plugged in.

In the meantime you could try the last reply as we had something similar happen and reinstalling uplay did the trick. You can also click on verify files under the game's properties in R6's uplay tab.

quote:

Found a solution that worked for me: reinstall Uplay, go to settings and uncheck 'automatic game updates'
Restart Uplay, try to launch Rb6 and it will prompt you to download an update, click on update. This time the download did not freeze on me!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

They named the sixth Rainbow Six game Rainbow Six.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

DoctorStrangelove posted:

They named the sixth Rainbow Six game Rainbow Six.

In keeping with the new naming trend introduced by Battlefield, the next one will be called Rainbow One.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Rainbone

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Played a couple more games, flashbangs :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Plan Z posted:

Can't get people to understand that IQ is now really important for taking out Valk cameras. I think people were so used to her primaries being the most useful thing that they forget she has the scanner. It's starting to genuinely piss me off when IQ players yell "WHAT'S SPOTTING ME? WHO'S VALKYRIE? SHUT UP I'M BEING SPOTTED AND I DON'T KNOW FROM WHERE" and I'm not the kind of guy to get mad at multiplayer games.

I can't stop playing IQ. I think if I could somehow hack this game to let me take both breaching charges and stun grenades I would do it and never go back

HEY HARD

where's hardcore mode

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

yellowjournalism posted:

Played a couple more games, flashbangs :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

I can't stop playing IQ. I think if I could somehow hack this game to let me take both breaching charges and stun grenades I would do it and never go back

Yeah a recruit style loadout with two flashbangs and a breaching charge would be siiiiick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Rainboner: Tactical Insertion

• Locked thread