Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The epic conclusion to a hundred year saga featuring a Frenchman constantly getting assaulted in the bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please do not discuss my autobiography so wantonly

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My favorite part of Part 3 is not only does Steely Dan kill Enya and beat the poo poo out of Jotaro; he cons Joseph out of three bucks.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Lovers is the best fight pre-Egypt and is even better than most of the Egypt fights.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It really is

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Bad Seafood posted:

Part 3 is my second favorite part and I will defend it to the death but I still prefer the manga over the anime.

this does not disprove my statement

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am looking forward to the dub where Matthew Mercer will voice both Jotaro and Hol Horse and he'll use his McCree voice for the latter

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

I am looking forward to the dub where Matthew Mercer will voice both Jotaro and Hol Horse and he'll use his McCree voice for the latter

it's high aaaarrrrgh for his episode with boingo

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

alcharagia posted:

this does not disprove my statement
Correct.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also yeah I'd rather read the manga since it's not only faster to read than to sit down and watch 48 22 minute episodes, it's also better paced.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

My presumption was that you made that post under the impression that I was somehow badmouthing Part 3.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bad Seafood posted:

The epic conclusion to a hundred year saga featuring a Frenchman constantly getting assaulted in the bathroom.

A Hundred Years of Solitude?

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

thank you for posting that Turn Down For Whammu, Dunkle Sans

I had somehow forgotten how awesome Battle Tendency was but that took me right back. the full scope of JoJo is too much perfection for a human mind to hold at any one time

manga readers, how does the anime for part 2 compare? I'm sure they're both brilliant but stuff like Joseph's voice actor and the music that plays when the Pillar Men awaken and when Kars ascends to Ultimate Mode is just so. drat. good.

rockopete fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 13, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Baal posted:

My favorite part of Part 3 is not only does Steely Dan kill Enya and beat the poo poo out of Jotaro; he cons Joseph out of three bucks.

Who is more of a craven coward? Rubber Soul or Steely Dan?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Definitely Steely Dan. Rubber Soul at least engages his target in person.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Funnily enough since rubber soul was one of the guys to not be named until an art book years later, the manga translation (which used araki and rights holder approved names) renamed Steely Dan to Rubber Soul

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Oh god, Dan absolutely. He's even worse than Rubber Soul because he kept trying to hold people hostage act like top poo poo, until he was literally licking Jotaro's shoes in forgiveness and trying to pay him off.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

The epic conclusion to the cursed blood feud between the Joestars and Dio Brando in which the latter sends an intelligent orangutan that pilots a magical boat and lusts after 10-year old girls to assassinate the former.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Augus posted:

The epic conclusion to the cursed blood feud between the Joestars and Dio Brando in which the latter sends an intelligent orangutan that pilots a magical boat and lusts after 10-year old girls to assassinate the former.

You're not doing anything to dissuade my position that DIO is the best, and also cool.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The only villain in Part 3 who could challenge Steely Dan in the dirty coward category is Alessi.

Augus posted:

Whom Jotaro punches into oblivion and it's awesome.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

deadly_pudding posted:

You're not doing anything to dissuade my position that DIO is the best, and also cool.

I would never even think of making you question objective reality.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Did anyone ever post the preview for today's episode?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

Part 3 is my second favorite part and I will defend it to the death but I still prefer the manga over the anime.

Part 3 is really good, the more I look back on it and re-read/watch, the more I appreciate it. At first I had it kinda low on my personal tier list, but now it might be my third favorite after 4 and 7.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and obviously people have been critiquing the art style for a while (though most of that is laughable but w/e) but yesterday was the first time I saw someone argue that the animation quality for this part was poorer than anything before.

Huh.

(Like 'part four is my favorite but why are you all pretending the quality is good, it's really bad')

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're probably still hung up on the noses.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Did anyone ever post the preview for today's episode?

I'm pretty sure.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I'm pretty sure.

Ah, thanks, that got lost in the whole discussion about Kakyoin and I thought that was something else.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

9 BST every Thursday, just sub to the channel, it's about the only thing it posts.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and obviously people have been critiquing the art style for a while (though most of that is laughable but w/e) but yesterday was the first time I saw someone argue that the animation quality for this part was poorer than anything before.

Huh.

(Like 'part four is my favorite but why are you all pretending the quality is good, it's really bad')

In terms of objective animation quality like number of frames or fluidity of movement, Part 1 and 2 have got to be lower. They were basically slide shows 60% of the time.

As for style, art direction, and aesthetic, which is what really matters, they all crush it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Does anyone have the Stand ranking chart with the... Axes? Vertices? translated? I'd like to know what the points being ranked are about. The smaller and more utility-based Stands seem to be higher ranked in the bottom and bottom-right while the more direct fighting-based Stands like Star Platinum seem to be higher ranked on the top points.

E: this thing

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 13, 2016

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Does anyone have the Stand ranking chart with the... Axes? Vertices? translated? I'd like to know what the points being ranked are about. The smaller and more utility-based Stands seem to be higher ranked in the bottom and bottom-right while the more direct fighting-based Stands like Star Platinum seem to be higher ranked on the top points.

if you go to the jojowiki it has it.......buuuuuut, I would stay away from there as it is spoilerific as hell.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

its strength, speed, precision, durability, range and potential.

efb

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Thanks! :) Appreciate it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The stats here are

1. Retro-actively applied from the Part 5 era, so very much weren't in Araki's mind at all when he wrote Parts 3 and 4.
2. Not very telling besides.
3. Don't make much sense anyway. HP has a much longer range than Star Platinum.

Development Potential means "how many more ways can the user discover to use this" and some stands have high potential ratings and never show new tricks, so...

Don't over think them, or even consider them, really.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Yeah the ratings are basically just meaningless nerd bait and fodder for explanations of bullshit that Araki just makes up on the fly.

They're not important and nobody in the world of the show ever mentions them. It's not like the Speedwagon Foundation invents scanners in part 5.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Durability's a weird one too. You'd think that it means how much punishment a stand can take, but I think it has more to do with how potent the stand ability is?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Jesus loving Christ LMAO :laffo: :roflolmao:

"I know a hand signal too!"

"Your underwear is showing."

"Yeeeeah!!"

*epic bro high-five handshake between Koinku and Polnareff*

This series is the loving best.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 13, 2016

Augus