Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Crawfish posted:

Yeah, we got Contra this week.

I'm amused it's Contra 3 and not Super Probotector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Rirse posted:

Guess talking about it for the last two page caused Nintendo to listen. How does the gimmick with the map work when you can't close the screen anymore?

That puzzle ruined the game for me, the only way I figured it out was putting down the game for a few hours and then opening up the DS and tada.

Man that's going to be confusing for anybody playing it for the first time on the Gamepad.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

This badly needs a MyNintendo conversion.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Haha, the hell happened? I bought that for 15€ a few years ago. Goddamn retrogaming speculation is already hitting the DS.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Time to sell all my DS games

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Um don't sell your DS games *gets really mad at thread*

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Nah, DS stuff is still cheap...

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Goddamn it, that game isn't even that good. Now I'm going to regret passing it up when it was "only" 80€ a few years back. Bloody byuu speculators, you ruin everything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SelenicMartian posted:

I own that, it's my retirement fund

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Saoshyant posted:

retrogaming speculation

lol

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

SelenicMartian posted:

Panzer Dragoon Saga has reached the lofty heights of €400 on eBay, lmao (those were even sold).

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the problem is you're looking at amazon prices for old games

e: i mean rule of rose is gonna be money regardless but tingle isn't going for even half that on ebay

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 13, 2016

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The tingle poo poo game is still 10€ in Germany (multi 5), don't get your panties in a bunch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I own that, it's my retirement fund

Mine is the disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya blu ray

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have a Persona 4 Arena vinyl which is worth a couple hundred thousand, I think

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

In Training posted:

Mine is the disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya blu ray
Not a very useful retirement fund if you don't know where it is

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have a copy of Clayfighter 63 1/3 Sculptor's Cut. Look like that game's running for like 400 in decent shape. Mine needs a bit of cleanup, since it has Blockbuster security stuff on it. The manual goes for even more.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
My Earthbound cart is the most expensive classic game thingy I own I guess

glad I didn't trade that thing into Funcoland for 3 dollars like 20 years ago

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, I wish I still had all the poo poo that came with Earthbound, cart only is still good money but having those scratch n sniff cards and 'manual' triples the value.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Mega Man 5 is my only game whose worth is in the triple digits, but I really only collect NES and GBA, and GBA titles are cheap as hell. I don't think there's a single game worth over $100 in the entire library.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes is probably the rarest game I own that people actually would want.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I got Jack Bros, that's worth something right?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fremry posted:

Mega Man 5 is my only game whose worth is in the triple digits, but I really only collect NES and GBA, and GBA titles are cheap as hell. I don't think there's a single game worth over $100 in the entire library.

I think it's because GBA market has been flooded with indistinguishable pirate carts forever so nothing ever got very rare.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can distinguish when the battery back up dies in two days :mad:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

You can distinguish when the battery back up dies in two days :mad:

I had a copy of the original WarioWare like this and I just played it over and over and over again

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

In Training posted:

I think it's because GBA market has been flooded with indistinguishable pirate carts forever so nothing ever got very rare.

It's pretty easy to distinguish pirate carts. NES probably has better fakes at this point.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

one time I bought a used copy of pokemon diamond from gamestop and the cart feels really loose and it likes to randomly crash for absolutely no reason

gently caress gamestop

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SelenicMartian posted:

This badly needs a MyNintendo conversion.

I just bought a copy of this. Paid $25 which was more than I wanted, but I don't see this getting a VC release and it's only going to go up.

Also, it looks like a fun game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fremry posted:

It's pretty easy to distinguish pirate carts. NES probably has better fakes at this point.

To the average person, I mean. They probably don't care. But I guess that wouldn't affect collectors, so idk. Maybe it's just a matter of time before my The Hobbit GBA cart starts raking in the big bucks.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The thing that ultimately soured me on Spirit Tracks was the enemy trains. In Wind Waker, for example, if there was a thing you didn't want to deal with out on the boat, you could just steer around it and still reach your destination without any nonsense. In Spirit Tracks, you almost always have to actually engage those enemy trains, and have to take annoying detours to get them out of your face in what feels like a less fun and more confusing game of Pacman. This is especially the case around at least one dungeon, where the place is like crawling with evil trains and you're all, "gently caress YOU. I JUST WANT TO GET TO THE FUN PART OF THIS GAME".

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Waltzing Along posted:

I just bought a copy of this. Paid $25 which was more than I wanted, but I don't see this getting a VC release and it's only going to go up.

Also, it looks like a fun game.

It's really good. I bought a copy of it after Vinny streamed it and it didn't disappoint me.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

voltcatfish posted:

one time I bought a used copy of pokemon diamond from gamestop and the cart feels really loose and it likes to randomly crash for absolutely no reason

gently caress gamestop

Ironically, one of the easiest ways to tell the difference between a real and fake cart (because pirates don't care enough to go to these lengths) is look for a 2 digit number physically stamped into the cart label. Every legit GBA cart had this, and as far as I can tell, no pirate cart has it. But the most commonly pirated carts are Pokemon carts, and they are easy to tell because legit carts have a shimmery foil label and, again as far as I can tell, pirated carts just use a regular sticker label.

In Training posted:

To the average person, I mean. They probably don't care. But I guess that wouldn't affect collectors, so idk. Maybe it's just a matter of time before my The Hobbit GBA cart starts raking in the big bucks.

I have a feeling they'll go up, but there was so much shovelware on the GBA, even more so than the Wii, that I don't think we'll ever see the prices very high because you have to wade through hundreds of Lizzy McGuire, Madagascar, Finding Nemo and Lemony Snicket's carts before you find a single decent cart.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I think the rarest game I own is Hatris for the Game Boy, autographed by Alexey Pajitnov on two separate occasions.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Rirse posted:

Now you said this we will get it in six months. Next week we instead get Deadly Towers instead.

gently caress! Sorry everyone :saddowns:

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
For rarest I just have Lester the Unlikely. The rarity is that I actually have beaten the game on several occasions and play it as a so cheesy it's great.

Don't like vines though.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
So googling around seems to indicate that there's no way for me to get the original Mario vs Donkey Kong on either the Wii U or 3DS in NA, is that right? I think my son would really like it (he's playing the new Amiibo one and doing surprisingly well for a four year old), so it's disappointing that it seems available in other regions but not here.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Donkey Kong GB/94 is the same thing but way better

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cicero posted:

So googling around seems to indicate that there's no way for me to get the original Mario vs Donkey Kong on either the Wii U or 3DS in NA, is that right? I think my son would really like it, so it's disappointing that it seems available in other regions but not here.

The way better precursor to it, Donkey Kong '94, is on the 3DS eShop if you don't already have that.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/s8wa9YrzR0vDx7nLek__DpyusU7MSh4U

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SeANMcBAY posted:

The way better precursor to it, Donkey Kong '94, is on the 3DS eShop if you don't already have that.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/s8wa9YrzR0vDx7nLek__DpyusU7MSh4U

They are completely different games. One is DONKEY KONG, the other is a puzzle game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Waltzing Along posted:

They are completely different games. One is DONKEY KONG, the other is a puzzle game.

The first Mario Vs. Donkey Kong game is more like DK '94 then the later Lemmings like ones.