Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

turtlecrunch posted:

Anyone figured out what the spooky ghosts in Irithyll are about yet?

They're the outrider knights that left. There are four of them; three dudes (Vordt and the two nameless Outrider Knights) and one horribly proportioned lady (the dancer).

Best hub location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

"king's moonside depths"

:gonk:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The Lord's Private Pit :pervert:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I refuse to go to Blightcastle.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I think I'll be using this to name my Stellaris settlements and ships.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Genocyber posted:

They're the outrider knights that left. There are four of them; three dudes (Vordt and the two nameless Outrider Knights) and one horribly proportioned lady (the dancer).

What about the third Outrider? (Undead Settlement, Lothric Castle, Grand Archives)

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Aside from "The World" and "Things" I got "The Profaned Memory" which sounds pretty sweet.

For actual content, do we actually know from item descriptions or anything what happened to Ocelotte or his mother? If not, predicting that we get some DLC for that.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

The Archdragon Sen's Altar

Mystery solved!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Monomythian posted:

So, was it sick? Don't leave us hanging.

Yeah it got a sweet 1 damage increase

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Gus Hobbleton posted:

For actual content, do we actually know from item descriptions or anything what happened to Ocelotte or his mother? If not, predicting that we get some DLC for that.

Ocelotte not sure, the queen:

[Divine Blessing] Holy water blessed by the Queen of Lothric. Fully restores HP and cures ailments. The Queen of Lothric, married to the former King Oceiros, was initially revered as a goddess of fertility and bounty. After giving birth to Ocelotte, her youngest, she quietly disappeared.
[Hidden Blessing] Holy water blessed by the Queen of Lothric. Fully restores FP. There is a grave in Lothric that sees no visitors, a dark place where rootless warriors rest. The Queen of Lothric alone cared to wish the poor souls good fortune.
[Ashen Estus Ring] Gray crystalline ring crafted from shards. Increases FP restored by Ashen Estus Flask. Once a treasure brought before Lothric's Queen, she had it enshrined in the Cemetery of Untended Graves, so that one day an Unkindled might profit from its use.

Probably some more I am missing that directly reference her. The fertility/bounty thing was associated with Gwynevere in DS1. In this game you get miracles associated with Gwynevere from the dancer and from Rosaria.
They are definitely DLC content suspects.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I bet the hotels are cheap in NIghtmare Blightchasm

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Ocelotte was almost assuredly cut from the game due to censorship. I believe Oceiros is supposed to be holding him/her in his cutscnee.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Ocelotte was almost assuredly cut from the game due to censorship. I believe Oceiros is supposed to be holding him/her in his cutscnee.

Regardless of the reason Ocelotte is not actually in Oceiros's hand, the DLC is developed after the main game and so has room to choose an alternate fate for him based on what content actually made it into the game.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I bet the hotels are cheap in NIghtmare Blightchasm

Why would this be censored? I figured that Oceiros was just bugfuck crazy, hence his torn conviction that the baby is lost and that he's holding it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's a stroke of good fortune, honestly, because it perfectly fits with the character of Oceiros (he's loving insane and is cradling an imaginary baby). Having a baby that you murder with a collection of Man Stepping On Celery And Tomatoes foley effects would have been in poor taste and would have added nothing to the characterization of either of them.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I don't think I could've gotten a more fitting first result.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:stare:

I'm glad they cut that from Oceiros.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Makes sense I guess.

e:

Why isn't this a zone name?

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 13, 2016

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

I dunno, you can hear a baby crying during the fight so I assumed the baby might have actually been there but could go invisible like priscilla could.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Stick it up your goddamn rear end in a top hat Nameless King. You and you're stupid dragon can suck it.

I knew it would ultimately be a good fight, too. Unfortunately, its made infinitely worse by the fact that you have to waste everyone's time dicking around with the dragon just to get to the good part.

Viperix fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 13, 2016

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Been doing some vow of silence co-op on the prince brothers. I've been 5 for 5 in completely chumping them in the second phase. I've also been using the Gotthard Twinswords and they absolutely wreck poo poo.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Viperix posted:

Stick it up your goddamn rear end in a top hat Nameless King. You and you're stupid dragon can suck it.

if only you could be as handsome and cool as NK

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I've been deeply enjoying ~Lvl 33 PvP as dex based Captain Planet. There are a surprisingly small amount of armor pieces that barely cover anything :( The only emote I really do is point at people, to let them know that the power is yours. Maybe I'll level up to use Force to make it more obvious.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Wurzag posted:

I dunno, you can hear a baby crying during the fight so I assumed the baby might have actually been there but could go invisible like priscilla could.

Oceiros starts the fight with his arm crooked like he's cradling a baby, but the crying continues even after he flips out and starts charging everywhere. Oceiros seems to think he's holding the baby at the start, but if he really was, then what happened to the baby after he let go, and what happens to the baby after Oceiros dies? The simplest explanation is that Oceiros is delusional and was creating the illusion of the baby's cry to fool himself into thinking that Ocelotte was there with him; otherwise you've got a situation where an invisible baby is somewhere in the boss's chamber during the fight and then just kind of drops out of the picture once his dad's dead.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

"now entering: The Town of Moonside" made me realize that itoi and miyazaki loving need to collaborate on their next project.

"the ward ward" and "the nightmare dream of nightmare" tie for most redundant

Freaking Crumbum fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 13, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I've got Aldrich on my To-do list for when I get around to playing today, I and I'm more worried about the Nameless King than the Dancer at this point.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"Oceiros the Ventriloquist King" probably isn't as good a boss name though.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Yeah I'm glad that audio got cut because thats loving disgusting and really doesnt add anything to the game

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

McKilligan posted:

Fashion Sooooouuuulllls. Always had a soft spot for the Eastern Helm.

I liked the helmet until I realized that it made my eyebrows and dad-stache disappear when I looked between the visor slits and now I just can't. I need the 'stache.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Whoever gave Lothric dialogue on your death I'm going to punch in goddamn dick.

I DON'T CARE WHAT THIS SPOT MARKS AND NO, I WOULD NOT LIKE TO REST HERE.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Viperix posted:

Whoever gave Lothric dialogue on your death I'm going to punch in goddamn dick.

I DON'T CARE WHAT THIS SPOT MARKS AND NO, I WOULD NOT LIKE TO REST HERE.

what exactly does he say?

I mean I get the gist but still

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

BaconCopter posted:

I've been deeply enjoying ~Lvl 33 PvP as dex based Captain Planet. There are a surprisingly small amount of armor pieces that barely cover anything :( The only emote I really do is point at people, to let them know that the power is yours. Maybe I'll level up to use Force to make it more obvious.

hook us up with the build and equipment deets

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Should have shouted I'LL MESS UP YOUR BRAIN

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Yeah I'm glad that audio got cut because thats loving disgusting and really doesnt add anything to the game

I just found this. Yeah, that's uhh... hmm.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

What about the third Outrider? (Undead Settlement, Lothric Castle, Grand Archives)

Oh, drat. Doesn't work out quite as elegantly, then. Still, the weird shade things are definitely outrider knights based on their appearance.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

turtlecrunch posted:

Anyone figured out what the spooky ghosts in Irithyll are about yet?

well there are four spooky ghost knights and then one set of spooky ghost knight+female, and there are four outrider knights in the game plus dancer and vordt

so probably just that

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
"This spot marks our grave." "But you may rest here, too, if you like."

I will probably remember that phrase for a long time.

But he's dead now. I'm on a roll. That was the last boss I didn't solo on my first run.

The biggest eureka moment for me was unlearning what Bloodborne hammered in to you: It is, in fact, safe to back away a heal. Not every boss has the ability to instantly attack you at range. And Lorian is utterly unrelenting if you stay up close to him.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Why did they take/leave this out? The chest piece especially would have worked perfectly for my fashion souls ensemble.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that looks like someone bought a giant lord costume for $20 at walmart

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Thumbtacks posted:

well there are four spooky ghost knights and then one set of spooky ghost knight+female, and there are four outrider knights in the game plus dancer and vordt

so probably just that

There's only 3 outrider knights in the game but I get it, I guess.

Lotish posted:

Why did they take/leave this out? The chest piece especially would have worked perfectly for my fashion souls ensemble.

Because it looks dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

Should have shouted I'LL MESS UP YOUR BRAIN

Yoooouuu plague-ridden rat!