Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Realtalk: in a show of appreciation for good posting, will the coalitions/alliances/corps in this thread set Videogames' corp blue so that he's not unintentionally ganked by them in highsec or shot if he makes an ill-advised venture into Saranen?

I think this is something the thread can get behind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I think it was already agreed that if RVCMF gets war decked the wrath of God will come down. I keep a logi and a falcon and some shooty ships 1-2j from him and told him what to be on the lookout for in re gankers so I can come own them if they try anything.

We're going to go do the SoE epic arc when he has time and see pretty sites!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

pmchem posted:

Realtalk: in a show of appreciation for good posting, will the coalitions/alliances/corps in this thread set Videogames' corp blue so that he's not unintentionally ganked by them in highsec or shot if he makes an ill-advised venture into Saranen?

This would be cool since VG likes to go exploring. I know VG wants to avoid politics though, and we keep the valuable assets out of RVCMF to avoid wardecs.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Lot of posts in that thread getting angry for people expressing negative opinions. Like, unironically saying do not dissent on our own internal forums. Toxic culture imo

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

cravius posted:

Lot of posts in that thread getting angry for people expressing negative opinions. Like, unironically saying do not dissent on our own internal forums. Toxic culture imo

those people are stupid, but so is mark so its a wash

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
"Why does it appear that we (the SC's) were ignored"

:laffo: WHY ARENT YOU TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE OPINIONS OF THOSE OF US WHO HIT APPLY IN THE AUTH SYSTEM

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

those people are stupid, but so is mark so its a wash

mark might be the worst poster on the gf.com forums and that's saying something

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

pmchem posted:

Syndic Thrass posted:

I think it was already agreed that if RVCMF gets war decked the wrath of God will come down. I keep a logi and a falcon and some shooty ships 1-2j from him and told him what to be on the lookout for in re gankers so I can come own them if they try anything.

We're going to go do the SoE epic arc when he has time and see pretty sites!

I think its also safe to say unironically, whatever VG hasn't even lost yet, is already replaced.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

You keep making this claim about CZ, but you've yet to provide any proof other than your own assumptions/speculation which you're trying to pass off as fact. It'd be no different than anyone claiming that TMC were handing over IPs & Email addresses to Digi, or whoever took over, for them to use to dig up people's personal information. There's no proof of this of course but it has to be that way, how else would that explain how they got peoples info to harass them with? If you're going to accuse people something, actually have proof to back it up.

To be clear, I don't have evidence CZ specifically did it knowing what Darius was trying to do - maybe they gave him mod for his comments when he asked or something, and I think that's more likely than him going 'hi guys can i have this guys ip'. If it came off that I was accusing CZ of being part of it deliberately, I apologize - you're correct on that point. I have no evidence to suggest that CZ deliberately gave Darius that information. I do have evidence that CZ, knowingly or unknowingly (and without any evidence it was knowingly, I and everyone else should assume it was unknowingly) was the source of the information because darius got semi-reliable information to doxx a random internet commentor somewhere, and there is no other information that would have been associated with the commentor at all.

So yeah, if you're defending CZ instead of Darius, I agree with you.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

You keep making this claim about CZ, but you've yet to provide any proof other than your own assumptions/speculation which you're trying to pass off as fact. It'd be no different than anyone claiming that TMC were handing over IPs & Email addresses to Digi, or whoever took over, for them to use to dig up people's personal information. There's no proof of this of course but it has to be that way, how else would that explain how they got peoples info to harass them with? If you're going to accuse people something, actually have proof to back it up.

The screen shot are facts and what Scooter says is evidence. Weasilor presented that information in a logical fashion, then presented an argument consistent which seeks a reasonable inference. Then he debunked the alternative explanations DJ presented. There's no fact finder available for this sort of nonsense - complaining about a lack of "facts" is obfuscation. The post is a reasonable summary of what is known together with a conclusion which can be reasonably drawn.

More importantly DJ's explanations are terrible and not mutually consistent. That was what, two weeks? Between when he claimed the reason he left Goonwaffe was leadership doxxing (citation not provided) and him deciding to doxx someone (and for an incredibly stupid reason). His position is untenable.

Or maybe you just meant that CZ may not have handed over the IP information? I guess someone might care about that , and if so fair point.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

anyone wanna have a meltdown with me :wink:

we can gank sperg in public anytime you want bae

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This doxxing chat is so bad that it's pushing the "LOL GOONS ARE WINNING/LOSING" drivel into the chill thread.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Is it true that dbrb sexually harassed tour guides in Iceland

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Farg posted:

Is it true that dbrb sexually harassed tour guides in Iceland

probably not but lol if its true

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

DJ is a whiny man babby and hypocrite. This news shocks me to the core.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I thought the structure RF was 24 hours but it looks like the zulu shitadel lives for another 5 days :sun:

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Woooooow 4 stations in one day? This is the entire pocket; It's been ruined! Now I have to go to Pure Blind and gently caress with the people flying the 1b Tengu and Gilas. :atlus:

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Hey VG i made a high sec alt and just want to run missions and mine and be hella chill and do market stuff for my idiot main. Can i join you guys? I've been stuck running doctrine frigs and destroyers for so long i suck at killing computers.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

YouTuber posted:

Woooooow 4 stations in one day? This is the entire pocket; It's been ruined! Now I have to go to Pure Blind and gently caress with the people flying the 1b Tengu and Gilas. :atlus:

didn't want those ratting ships anyways~

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
pretty sure RVCMF is open to anyone who just wants to chill

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Landsknecht posted:

didn't want those ratting ships anyways~

Don't quote people on my ignore list

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

YouTuber posted:

Quoting for the goatman.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

cravius posted:

i must have missed paco vato getting banned

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Has the O1Y Fortizar been effective at preventing station camping?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

LemonDrizzle posted:

not since they foolishly let xenuria into it and have had to fight to reach the exits :sun:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

To be clear, I don't have evidence CZ specifically did it knowing what Darius was trying to do - maybe they gave him mod for his comments when he asked or something, and I think that's more likely than him going 'hi guys can i have this guys ip'. If it came off that I was accusing CZ of being part of it deliberately, I apologize - you're correct on that point. I have no evidence to suggest that CZ deliberately gave Darius that information. I do have evidence that CZ, knowingly or unknowingly (and without any evidence it was knowingly, I and everyone else should assume it was unknowingly) was the source of the information because darius got semi-reliable information to doxx a random internet commentor somewhere, and there is no other information that would have been associated with the commentor at all.

So yeah, if you're defending CZ instead of Darius, I agree with you.

You claimed specifically that CZ gave him the info and have yet to prove that. Your argument is simply you using assumptions and speculation about what CZ did without, you know, actually proving they did it with evidence. Again, it'd be no different than anyone claiming TMC was handing over IPs & email addresses to you so you can dredge up people's personal info. There's no proof of this, mind you, but the evidence is as tangible as your evidence about CZ giving DJ the guys IP.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

LemonDrizzle posted:

Boat touched the electric fence once and was promptly sent back to Saranen.

After that "Swordfleet in local" became literally that. But they will pounce on things that aren't near the citadel.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

not since they foolishly let xenuria into it and have had to fight to reach the exits :sun:

Can anyone take control of it?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maneck posted:

Or maybe you just meant that CZ may not have handed over the IP information? I guess someone might care about that , and if so fair point.

I would imagine the guys running CZ would mind being accused of that sort of thing by EvilWeasel given he has provided zero proof to support that claim.

Also Deadtear here's a present - http://sketchtoy.com/67009146

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This thread is so terrible. Just banish it to the crewchat forum already.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

That requires a permission in the citadel profile.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

cravius posted:

"Night of the fight, you might feel a slight sting. That's pride fuckin' with you. gently caress pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps. You fight through that poo poo. 'Cause a year from now, when you kicking it in the Caribbean, you gonna say to yourself, 'Marcellus Wallace was right.'"

Contrary to Mark's posts, we don't do doctrines in an echo chamber -- not only was this doctrine proposed by FCs, but we threw up a thread in the SC/FC forum with an early version of the doctrine and asked SCs/FCs for input over 2-3 days. Some of them provided really useful input (i.e. "the Hecate is too slow" or "rockets on the Heretic fit are dumb" or "the Deacon isn't cap-stable enough") and we acted on their input. Other contributors simply said "you guys are dumb, just use my fit, it's better" without ever providing arguments -- and we looked at their fit anyways, weighted pros and cons, and took away knowledge it, because that's the kind of thing that I fuckin do. When I get my EFT warrior on, pride is not a rig to be fitted.

The problem is, when you finally get to a final result at the end of this process, the people who provided useful input can look at the differences and say "okay, my advice got taken." And the people who said "use my fit" invariably get butthurt because it's not their exact fit, and they throw tantrums.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Goatman Sacks posted:

"block player"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

You claimed specifically that CZ gave him the info and have yet to prove that. Your argument is simply you using assumptions and speculation about what CZ did without, you know, actually proving they did it with evidence. Again, it'd be no different than anyone claiming TMC was handing over IPs & email addresses to you so you can dredge up people's personal info. There's no proof of this, mind you, but the evidence is as tangible as your evidence about CZ giving DJ the guys IP.

DJ got info on a random commentor on CZ that he used to then doxx that commentor. It was a throwaway name, not a character that exists in game. There's only one place the information could have come from, so it came from that one place. If I was going after CZ for deliberately giving up that info, as opposed to being the source, I'd be explicit about that.

This isn't like he dredged up Scooter's info - which could have come from somewhere else. He dredged up a posting alt that existed only on that CZ disqus thread and dredged up information on that posting alt that, because it existed nowhere else, could not have had the data come from anywhere else. And this is just a side issue you're coming up with to try to distract from your original stupid argument (that the personal information is not contained in the ip address) because you stuck your dumb neck out on a stupid position and now you're scrambling for a new one to avoid admitting you were wrong.

I have no reason to assert that CZ knowingly gave up that information. If I implied that, I apologize and I've clarified that point fairly clearly. But if you have any other explanation for where DJ got his hands on the information he used to doxx and threaten a random internet commenter, be my guest at trying to explain it away since you decided that you were going to bring this into the thread and try to white-knight dj.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Goatman Sacks posted:

You need a role to take control of a Citadel.

One thing that CCP did that is stupid, unfortunately, is that if you have two people with that role in a Citadel, and one's currently manning the Citadel, the second can click "Take Control" and knock the first person out of the driver's seat, and there's no log message to say who did it. So if that role isn't tightly locked down, a spy can effectively deny a citadel from being manned by just spamming that button.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

I would imagine the guys running CZ would mind being accused of that sort of thing by EvilWeasel given he has provided zero proof to support that claim.

Also Deadtear here's a present - http://sketchtoy.com/67009146

if i go after cz, or anyone else, it will not be subtle :sun: after all according to reddit i'm acerbic even for a goon, lawl

i doubt you actually think i was going after cz but after your wicked dumb attempt to boosh me on this you had to go with something, but that wasn't a bad flip, you are much more of a challenge at posting warfare

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

DJ got info on a random commentor on CZ that he used to then doxx that commentor. It was a throwaway name, not a character that exists in game. There's only one place the information could have come from, so it came from that one place. If I was going after CZ for deliberately giving up that info, as opposed to being the source, I'd be explicit about that.

This isn't like he dredged up Scooter's info - which could have come from somewhere else. He dredged up a posting alt that existed only on that CZ disqus thread and dredged up information on that posting alt that, because it existed nowhere else, could not have had the data come from anywhere else. And this is just a side issue you're coming up with to try to distract from your original stupid argument (that the personal information is not contained in the ip address) because you stuck your dumb neck out on a stupid position and now you're scrambling for a new one to avoid admitting you were wrong.

I have no reason to assert that CZ knowingly gave up that information. If I implied that, I apologize and I've clarified that point fairly clearly. But if you have any other explanation for where DJ got his hands on the information he used to doxx and threaten a random internet commenter, be my guest at trying to explain it away since you decided that you were going to bring this into the thread and try to white-knight dj.

Laughing at you saying IPs had someone's personal information, along with that CZ gave him that info willingly sans any evidence to prove that, and using that to drive your dumb argument with him on Reddit is now white-knighting.

Go figure. I thought this was a site where we laughed at idiots on the internet.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Laughing at you saying IPs had someone's personal information, along with that CZ gave him that info willingly sans any evidence to prove that, and using that to drive your dumb argument with him on Reddit is now white-knighting.

Go figure. I thought this was a site where we laughed at idiots on the internet.

its good that you're able to laugh at yourself :)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

its good that you're able to laugh at yourself :)

Woah, no need to white knight for EvilWeasel there buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

ullerrm posted:

You need a role to take control of a Citadel.

One thing that CCP did that is stupid, unfortunately, is that if you have two people with that role in a Citadel, and one's currently manning the Citadel, the second can click "Take Control" and knock the first person out of the driver's seat, and there's no log message to say who did it. So if that role isn't tightly locked down, a spy can effectively deny a citadel from being manned by just spamming that button.

And if the citadel has fighters out, it causes all the fighters to be abandoned in space. Hope you've got spares!

• Locked thread