Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Booley posted:

And if the citadel has fighters out, it causes all the fighters to be abandoned in space. Hope you've got spares!

Wait, Citadels can launch fighters???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Laughing at you saying IPs had someone's personal information, along with that CZ gave him that info willingly sans any evidence to prove that, and using that to drive your dumb argument with him on Reddit is now white-knighting.

Go figure. I thought this was a site where we laughed at idiots on the internet.

You know, since he said IPs have personal info and they broadcasted Lemba's IP stuff they used to catch him to the entire coalition, then that means they gave out his personal info to everyone (aka doxxed). :allears:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Laughing at you saying IPs had someone's personal information, along with that CZ gave him that info willingly sans any evidence to prove that, and using that to drive your dumb argument with him on Reddit is now white-knighting.

Go figure. I thought this was a site where we laughed at idiots on the internet.

the personal information was what darius posted, the ip is how he got it

this is where we laugh at stupid people on the internet, thank you for making it so easy :sun:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

the personal information was what darius posted, the ip is how he got it

this is where we laugh at stupid people on the internet, thank you for making it so easy :sun:

Please explain how he got the IP and how he was able to link that to IRL info. :allears:

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

cravius posted:

Yep!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Please explain how he got the IP and was able to link that to IRL info then. :allears:

i already have

explain how he got the information any other way

literally, any other way, i'll knock it down

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

He doesn't need to provide an alternate method for yours to be poo poo. If I claimed I got someone's CC number through psychic visions nobody would need to provide an alternate source of the CC number for my claim to be bullshit.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hello lets all shut the hell up and be reasonable here

if we assume that scooter is telling the truth, that's him commenting, his mom is the right age and place

who gives a poo poo how darius got it (assuming it's not on the profile of the account which is a safe assumption if scooter is telling the truth) that's way too loving precise to be a "lucky guess"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SperginMcBadposter posted:

You know, since he said IPs have personal info and they broadcasted Lemba's IP stuff they used to catch him to the entire coalition, then that means they gave out his personal info to everyone (aka doxxed). :allears:

Yeah but that's OK because Lemba made that info publicly available to them.

evilweasel posted:

i already have

explain how he got the information any other way

literally, any other way, i'll knock it down

Except I don't need to provide an alternate method for him to get that stuff to point out your argument is poo poo. You made a bunch of claims based off your assumptions and can't provide any evidence of them. Not to mention you changed your tune about CZ a few times already :sun:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

So where's the proof CZ gave him the IP? You keep going back to "I already proved it" by referencing the assumptions you keep passing off as fact and not actually providing evidence. Not to mention you changed your tune about CZ a few times already :sun:

already posted in this thread what, specifically, i said about cz

i don't like think you're going to get more intelligent if i repeat myself, if you think my explanation isn't correct and say why im not going to go cut and paste it for you

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

hello lets all shut the hell up and be reasonable here

if we assume that scooter is telling the truth, that's him commenting, his mom is the right age and place

who gives a poo poo how darius got it (assuming it's not on the profile of the account which is a safe assumption if scooter is telling the truth) that's way too loving precise to be a "lucky guess"

pretty much, the ip thing is just to explain how it happened because reddit and dj was insisting it was a lucky guess but i mean, it's not like what happened changes any if dj got the info some other way

but of course redditlords need to try to defend their new pet :ohdear:

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Zephyrine posted:

Boat touched the electric fence once and was promptly sent back to Saranen.
The electric fence is the point defense battery, right? Is there any public documentation on how those things work?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

LemonDrizzle posted:

The electric fence is the point defense battery, right? Is there any public documentation on how those things work?

It works just like a smartbomb.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

already posted in this thread what, specifically, i said about cz

i don't like think you're going to get more intelligent if i repeat myself, if you think my explanation isn't correct and say why im not going to go cut and paste it for you

Your evidence solely is "I am making a blind assumption and claiming it to be true." You initially said "you clearly asked CZ for his ip", so where's the proof of that? Like that's a pretty specific claim to make about CZ, so prove that they did that. If you can't, then that's fine. It just means that, like I said initially, you passed off your assumptions/speculation as fact and can't accept being told that's a dumb thing.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Your evidence solely is "I am making a blind assumption and claiming it to be true." You initially said "you clearly asked CZ for his ip", so where's the proof of that? Like that's a pretty specific claim to make about CZ, so prove that they did that. If you can't, then that's fine. It just means that, like I said initially, you passed off your assumptions/speculation as fact and can't accept being told that's a dumb thing.

i refer you to the post i already made in this thread on this specific issue less than two hours ago that you already read

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Doxxing is great everyone should do it

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

LemonDrizzle posted:

It wipes out everything small that is not tethered. Within and slightly outside the tethering range.

Apparently.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

i refer you to the post i already made in this thread on this specific issue less than two hours ago that you already read

So that's you saying "I still have no evidence to provide that this thing I'm claiming happened actually happened" then. Gotcha.

Zalmun
Jan 17, 2008

It'sa me!

Nap Ghost

Dramafleet is a go!

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Unfunny Poster posted:

So that's you saying "I still have no evidence to provide that this thing I'm claiming happened actually happened" then. Gotcha.

You aren't very smart. I figured I'd tell you since you aren't smart enough to figure it out on your own.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

cravius posted:

Yeah, they get a fighter bay. However, neither player skills nor hull bonuses are applied to them, and no heavies, so they're pretty loving garbage and mostly only good for harassing tiny ships. The Astrahus in particular gets to have three squadrons out at once - either three lights, or two lights and ewar.

LemonDrizzle posted:

The PDS is a high-slot module, only fittable to L/XL citadels, and not allowed in highsec. They act like a smartbomb; their official range is 2.5km, but remember, that's 2.5km out from the "docking ring" of a citadel, so it's unexpectedly big. It's intended to clear drones (especially FBs) and dictor bubbles from a station; it's pretty good at blapping frigates that get too close as well.

edit: Hard numbers: 2k damage (500 of each damage type) per cycle, 10sec cycle time, hits both friend and foe. You're allowed to fit more than one -- you can oneshot most inties and bombers with two of them, which is what PH has done in O1Y.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 13, 2016

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

I gave you a specific and detailed answer that resolved your dumb concern and if there's anything you can dispute about it, dispute it instead of pretending you can't see it. If you were unable to read it the first time i see no reason to subject the more literate members of the thread to a repeat that you will similarly be unable to read.

Zalmun
Jan 17, 2008

It'sa me!

Nap Ghost

frozenphil posted:

You aren't very smart. I figured I'd tell you since you aren't smart enough to figure it out on your own.

He's doing the equivalent of 'LALALALA got my fingers in my ears cant hear you'

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
We need a version of that "hundreds of minions saying PAP.jpg" image only with them saying DOXXING instead. :mad:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ullerrm posted:

The PDS is a high-slot module, only fittable to L/XL citadels, and not allowed in highsec. They act like a smartbomb; their official range is 2km, but remember, that's 2km out from the "docking ring" of a citadel, so it's unexpectedly big. It's intended to clear drones (especially FBs) and dictor bubbles from a station; it's pretty good at blapping frigates that get too close as well.

I have got to get around to learning all these modules, I completely forgot this thing existed. I assumed it was the guided bomb or something.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Zalmun posted:

He's doing the equivalent of 'LALALALA got my fingers in my ears cant hear you'

I was going to say "nuh huh!" but yeah. If you're trying to participate in a discussion but your contribution amounts to "You're wrong" without saying why or offering an alternative explanation, you're not really adding anything to the discussion and probably should be ignored.

Whoops. :rip: me.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

evilweasel posted:

I have got to get around to learning all these modules, I completely forgot this thing existed. I assumed it was the guided bomb or something.

http://eve-guides.fr/index.php?article=132 is a fantastic guide.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Guys our posting right now is going to disappoint video games

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cravius posted:

Guys our posting right now is going to disappoint video games

True. I'll concede to EvilWeasel's idiocy in thinking that speculation and assumptions can be called evidence. There appears to be no way to explain it to his slowbrain. Especially given he's defended racism, misogyny, and harassment of people out of game in this thread before.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 13, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
My Phoenix got its damage almost cut in half with the citadel patch. :rip: missile murder boat.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Jazzzzz posted:

pretty sure RVCMF is open to anyone who just wants to chill

I also couldn't resist and I'm making myself a chill miner alt to have fun with the goons.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If you keep sperging about doxxing, instead of cuteposting I'm going to do grossposting and post pictures of my bruises

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

My Phoenix got its damage almost cut in half with the citadel patch. :rip: missile murder boat.

The biggest problem with this patch for the phoenix/levi is honestly the capital afterburners they allow carriers to speed tank the gently caress out of dreads its kinda hilarious, the phoenix obviously is back to doing nearly nothing to AB fit carriers/fax/dreads/supers.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Nowhere in that post is there evidence CZ gave DJ any info like you claimed though. Again, provide the actual evidence, and not your dumb speculation, that CZ were giving away the IP etc. info like you said they did.

Also "And this is just a side issue you're coming up with" is, comically, wrong as well since I pointed our your "CZ gave away someone's info" angle was bullshit early on. You only decided to call it a side issue when you started to avoid proving your initial claim took place, something you've yet to do. You've failed to provide any evidence that isn't your speculation, which makes your accusation about CZ giving that info away poo poo. Something you are hilariously mad about having to admit.

actually i looked and the original reddit post also had a qualifier you've omitted: "(or got privs and checked yourself)"

so basically you misread the original reddit quote because you are a dumb

however when you said i blamed cz (though I hadn't, I listed the other option) I immediately clarified and said I had no evidence of CZ intentionally cooperating, and immediately said if i had blamed CZ for intentionally cooperating i was wrong. of course, i had no need to do that because I'd been clear enough when i said what i said - but i'm not darius and i have no need to avoid admitting im wrong. you, because you are dumber than a sack full of rocks, don't know how to respond to someone going 'oh yeah, that is wrong' and are busy demanding i provide evidence for the thing that i say is wrong

so, basically, we have (a) you sticking your fingers in your ears and trying to act like anyone cares what you consider evidence AND (b) you trying to demand i produce evidence for something i say is wrong

man, making fun of stupid people is fun

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

There's no need for direct evidence if exclusive opportunity can be established. Also, no one is suggesting that CZ did anything blameworthy. Why are you choosing to die on this hill?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

Volley damage should be roughly the same if you're in siege; its ROF is what got murdered. Assuming you're using the same fit as me (3x CN BCS, Concord torp launchers):

Before: 108221 alpha / 10.6sec rof = 10214 dps
After: 110869 alpha / 14sec rof = 7914 dps

No different from any of the other dreads, really. My shield AC Naglfar went from 41578 alpha / 4.1sec = 10125 dps, to 30914 alpha / 3.9 sec = 8893 dps.

The real problem is that capitals can speedtank a Phoenix's torps if they have one of the new capital prop mods fitted, which is why my Phoenix is getting refitted with HAWs but my Naglfar is staying at 6x2500mm.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

True. I'll concede to EvilWeasel's idiocy in thinking that speculation and assumptions can be called evidence. There appears to be no way to explain it to his slowbrain. Especially given he's defended racism, misogyny, and harassment of people out of game in this thread before.

ok i was wrong when i said you were any better than darius at posting

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

vyst posted:

If you keep sperging about doxxing, instead of cuteposting I'm going to do grossposting and post pictures of my bruises

do it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

ok i was wrong when i said you were any better than darius at posting

Sorry if I think you're a stupid gently caress for tolerating that poo poo. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sorry if I think you're a stupid gently caress for tolerating that poo poo. :shrug:

I haven't done any of the stuff you accused me of, but you're the one running interference for dj right now on it. I can back up the stuff i'm saying and have, you on the other hand jumped in to run intoerference for your spacebuddy and were wrong, threw a snit in response and decided to accuse me personally of vile poo poo. So get hosed.

• Locked thread