Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Yardbomb posted:

I don't think I could've gotten a more fitting first result.

I managed to roll Dungeon Dungeon which was enough for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

turtlecrunch posted:

Because it looks dumb.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

really wish mimic helm didnt sap hp, or that there was a way to counter it

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

GulagDolls posted:

It's a bummer, hell just give us one that doesn't have the droprate bonuses and keep the weight at a billion tons for all I care

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

can't you stack regen with the sun princess ring, that adjudicator's shield replacement, and a blessed weapon? maybe it doesn't 100% counter it, but it'd definitely neuter it somewhat

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
The sooner you drips realize you don't use magic in a game with swords and shields the better.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Mimic hat owns and helped me clear out the old lady's inventory super quickly before starting NG+

Put on Mimic head plus Shield of Want plus covetous ring, go to dragonkin mausoleum bonfire and murder the poo poo out of summoned drakeblood knights on the lower floor for almost 8k souls per kill with a bonfire 30 feet from you in case you die or need to refill estus.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

turtlecrunch posted:

Because it looks dumb.

[puts Old Monk's towel-hat in four games]

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

You're right, the underpants in this game need a revamp.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
So final boss killed me a lot. A LOT. And I thought Champ and NK part 2 were hard.

However now I am the final boss running around with his sword and armor. Really like his sword, if they're using a parryable weapon then at some stage I'll parry them and probably kill them. If they're parrying then I'll switch to 2handed. People who parry seem to keep trying to parry when it's two-handed, I guess it does look quite small. I'll take the free hits I suppose. The flame buff/smash has a pretty impressive range and duration.

Bumming around Smouldering Lake, invaded a group of 4 named after the mario characters. Couldn't get a good look due to 4 people chasing me, but I think they were geared up to be mario characters as well. With rapiers. Managed to get far enough away to black crystal outta there and promptly reinvaded them. Ran around for another few minutes looking for any opening, eventually parried Mario as a complete fluke and killed him. Turns out he was the host.

Woulda felt bad for crashing the party if they weren't so relentless at jumping 1 guy all at once christ. Guess I won't make that highlight reel.

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 13, 2016

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
What are some fun/interesting weapons/builds worth basing a playthrough around? For PvE, and not a big heavy weapon, since I just wrapped up a heavy weapon run.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Now entering...Cemetery of the Dead

Well I would assume so.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am
I was summoned to sunbro on Champ and the host was doing the Sword Master glitch. Congrats, host, you just made your cheese take even longer because there's no way I'm going to risk my medal if you're not putting any effort in. We both just ran around watching SM whittle him down and I threw a lightning bolt at the end to finish him. The host continuously pointed at the boss and used the 'Hey!' emote.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Neat, thanks to that i can t get 'Goin loco down in Iron Londo' out my head.

In other news, I fear the Ithryll Rapier might be greatly overlooked, I just demolished the Dragonslayer Armour in NG++ with it.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

New Londo Darkroot Shrine
King's Nexus
The Cainhurst Gutter Shrine
The Archdragon Nexus of Mensis
Boreal Palace
Anor Moonside Nexus of Carthus

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

TheHoosier posted:

New Londo Darkroot Shrine
King's Nexus
The Cainhurst Gutter Shrine
The Archdragon Nexus of Mensis
Boreal Palace
Anor Moonside Nexus of Carthus

My favorite one I got was just "Dungeon."

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Harrow posted:

My favorite one I got was just "Dungeon."

Just got 'Byrgenstonefang Londo' :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I got High High Wall. Sounds more like a level from a Mario game.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Viperix posted:

What are some fun/interesting weapons/builds worth basing a playthrough around? For PvE, and not a big heavy weapon, since I just wrapped up a heavy weapon run.

Although it has garbage damage like all spears, the Partisan has one of the nicest all round useful movesets in the whole game, and one of the best weapon arts (the crazy flip out spin attack thing)

Related, does anyone know if the Partisan can R1 => weapon art combo in PvP like a lot of other weapons with that art? I might actually try it out even though it's weaker than most straight swords.

If they buff spears like they did GS it would be cool since atm the estoc is basically a super fast spear with only a 5% damage reduction.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I got High High Wall. Sounds more like a level from a Mario game.

Better make sure you get the fire flower before you run into the abyss snake assholes

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Just helped a guy named Sir Smalldick beat NG+ Greatwood. The name filter giveth as it takes away.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
There is a checker especially for DS3 now that takes into account the capitalization issue, though Smalldick should have been Small****

https://omgftw.github.io/DarkSouls3CensorCheck/

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

turtlecrunch posted:

There is a checker especially for DS3 now that takes into account the capitalization issue, though Smalldick should have been Small****

What I love about this is that "Assbutt" gets censored to "rear end****". Priorities.

Thanks to the capitalization situation, I can have a character named "rear end McFucknut" and it's perfectly fine. God drat I love FromSoft.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Aside from "The World" and "Things" I got "The Profaned Memory" which sounds pretty sweet.

I got the Profaned Chaos.

How can it get any more desecrated? Are there infinity dragon butts now.

Favorite was Blightgarden. Would be a nice spin on their running ugly poison bog area to make it a beautiful, stunning posion bog area.

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

Guys I think they're porting the game to the N64

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

hard counter posted:

Favorite was Blightgarden. Would be a nice spin on their running ugly poison bog area to make it a beautiful, stunning posion bog area.

This would actually be a pretty cool area, instead of lovely bog you could have tangles of poison thorns or something.

Also the heavy knight's set that wasn't implemented fully looks rad as gently caress, hope that's in the DLC.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

hard counter posted:

This would be cool, like Darkroot Garden but all the plants are dripping toxic poo poo. And the glowing plants that look like items throw dung pies at you when you get close.

e: The Untended Smouldering Valley of Mensis :wink:

skasion fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 13, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

The Grand Londo Crypt of Drakes.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Toiwat posted:

So all the souls games really are just Kings Field engine with the camera pulled out and HD textures slapped on!

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
Important Questions:

Where is this hilarious fat-leg armor and how do i get it?
I've been using claymore and/or executioner's greatsword for a strength build. Is there anything better that isn't an unwieldy UGS or Vordt's Hammer?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Toiwat posted:

I remember when people would noclip in DS2 to take screenshots of geometry that looked like this in areas you'd never see and then legitimately used it to whine about how lovely and rushed the game was.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BitterAvatar posted:

Important Questions:

Where is this hilarious fat-leg armor and how do i get it?
I've been using claymore and/or executioner's greatsword for a strength build. Is there anything better that isn't an unwieldy UGS or Vordt's Hammer?

smough's set can be bought from the shrine maiden in firelink after killing aldrich

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Toiwat posted:

If you run around the backside of the tower where you get Lucatiel's armor (Mirrah armor) in Undead Settlement there is a beach/ocean intersection where they did not bother smoothing over the geometry at all, so it's just these squares of ocean texture violently clashing with a beach sand texture.

You can see the actual beach better from Lothric Castle on the roof with the gargoyles iirc.

e: Wolnir has N64 doors at the beginning and end of his room, and I think they're also after Oceiros.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My favorite texture is the one at the bottom of a ladder in the Profaned Capital. It looks completely hosed up from the top of the ladder and 'pops' in as you slide down. That is the only way to reach Yorhm so there's no way they didn't notice how hosed up that looked :effort:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

turtlecrunch posted:

It pleases me greatly that people know Queen Hot poo poo is the one murdering them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The filter blocks out one of the starting class names but doesn't prevent you from running around as Huge human being :regd09:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Sadly, there is no Afro haircut, so BLACK DYNOKNIGHT will not make an appearance in this game =(

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it seems like From is incapable of making games without including some obviously rushed hacked-together level design somewhere

ah well, even if you miss the moon you'll land among the stars etc.

Melanion
Jun 7, 2011

heard the walls are paper thin from where you are to where I am

turtlecrunch posted:

If you run around the backside of the tower where you get Lucatiel's armor (Mirrah armor) in Undead Settlement there is a beach/ocean intersection where they did not bother smoothing over the geometry at all, so it's just these squares of ocean texture violently clashing with a beach sand texture.

You can see the actual beach better from Lothric Castle on the roof with the gargoyles iirc.

e: Wolnir has N64 doors at the beginning and end of his room, and I think they're also after Oceiros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think that what from is truly incapable of is making hair styles that aren't atrocious