Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Kingtheninja posted:

Just watched the first episode. So the idea is a group of idols with magic singing use their powers while a group of pilots protect them? Just wanting to make sure, at some parts I couldn't tell if the planes were remote piloted by the idols (since it looked like some of them came out of the planes).

I'm already hooked. The visuals, people, everything all looks great. Is Mirage a pilot? I couldn't tell if she was the female pilot in the delta group or not.

It's not magic, it's :techno:!

But yeah, it's great. The idols are not pilots, I think the pilots just delivered them. And yes, watch the second episode to find out more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yes Mirage is a pilot of Delta squadron. The purple plane to be exact.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Just wanna repost this

a kitten posted:

It's good! Haven't seen Valkyrie on Valkyrie combat in a while, nor do i recall ever having the opposing force have Songs of their own. Plus, i'm a sucker for having my nostalgia buttons pushed.

also:

Maybe Mirage in the future will start dancing as well and become a better pilot

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kingtheninja posted:

Just watched the first episode. So the idea is a group of idols with magic singing use their powers while a group of pilots protect them? Just wanting to make sure, at some parts I couldn't tell if the planes were remote piloted by the idols (since it looked like some of them came out of the planes).

I'm already hooked. The visuals, people, everything all looks great. Is Mirage a pilot? I couldn't tell if she was the female pilot in the delta group or not.

I just watched first episode too. what the hell lol

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I just watched first episode too. what the hell lol

:cmon:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

This is pretty interesting to me as I was a big fan of the original Macross in the 80's (I got the chance to watch Do You Remember Love in the theater to my first trip to Japan in '84). I passed on 7 as I was really loving busy in the 90s and never bothered. I've seen Zero, but never even heard of Frontier until today. Is it worth watching at all?

This really does have a great Macross feel to it, and I'm overall liking this series a lot. Is it a short series?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

This is pretty interesting to me as I was a big fan of the original Macross in the 80's (I got the chance to watch Do You Remember Love in the theater to my first trip to Japan in '84). I passed on 7 as I was really loving busy in the 90s and never bothered. I've seen Zero, but never even heard of Frontier until today. Is it worth watching at all?

This really does have a great Macross feel to it, and I'm overall liking this series a lot. Is it a short series?

it's 2-cours, so it's gonna be about 26 episodes. Frontier is fine, but not my personal favorite but i know some people here love it. You should definitely check out Macross Plus though.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Droyer posted:

it's 2-cours, so it's gonna be about 26 episodes. Frontier is fine, but not my personal favorite but i know some people here love it. You should definitely check out Macross Plus though.

Yeah I'm getting back into some anime mostly due to nostalgia (I watched it a lot in the 70s-80s). Is Plus a single movie? Also do 2-cours shows get split up between years? I'm really out of the loop with a lot of this stuff.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Frontier is pretty good, though I think Delta might end up being the better series.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Plus is four 40-minute long ovas. there's a version that's edited into a movie, but it cuts out about an hour of the story

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cool, thanks.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Christ now I'm going to have to dig my old Takatoku VF-1S toy out of storage.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah I'm getting back into some anime mostly due to nostalgia (I watched it a lot in the 70s-80s). Is Plus a single movie? Also do 2-cours shows get split up between years? I'm really out of the loop with a lot of this stuff.

Plus is either a 3-episode series or a single movie. The movie has a couple extra scenes so go with that one. A cour in regards to anime means a 13-week block, or one fourth of a year. While there are shows that split, it's usually not several years (Concrete Revolutio had one cour in autumn of 2015 and the second started in spring of 2016, Gundam Iron-blooded orphans had 2 cours going from autumn 2015 to spring 2016 and the next 2 will start again in autunm 2016), and Macross Delta isn't one of them either way.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Droyer posted:

Plus is either a 3-episode series or a single movie. The movie has a couple extra scenes so go with that one.

what weird version of plus did you watch that was only three episodes long

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

what weird version of plus did you watch that was only three episodes long

I saw your post afterwards and i guess i just misremembered. it's been a while since i saw it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm going to go into space and become an idol so i can sing about how droyer's a fool to the entire universe

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Kyun kyun, kyun kyun, my boyfriend is a shitposter~

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

This is the best macross song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Bs9FyXG8Y

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Kyun kyun, kyun kyun, my boyfriend is a shitposter~

Fwiw Frontier was my reintroduction to Macross after being all about the Robotech as a kid and I loved the ever living poo poo out of it. Inspired me to watch the original sdf Macross even (turns out I loved that too!)

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm watching Delta with my boyfriend. It's my only Macross exposure so far, but he's a big fan of the series. He also super does not like Basara Nekki.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

BattleMaster posted:

He also super does not like Basara Nekki.

So what else is he wrong about?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/GwynCampbell/status/731278192338599936

good
:homebrew:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I marathoned episodes 2-6 today of this show after being confused by both versions of the first episode and holy poo poo I AM TOTALLY ON DELTA'S WAVELENGTH NOW IT IS SO GOD DAMNED FUN! EVERYTHING IS CUTE AND COOL AND FUN AND GOOD! :kimchi:

Ahem. Anyways I look forward to episode 7.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I marathoned episodes 2-6 today of this show after being confused by both versions of the first episode and holy poo poo I AM TOTALLY ON DELTA'S WAVELENGTH NOW IT IS SO GOD DAMNED FUN! EVERYTHING IS CUTE AND COOL AND FUN AND GOOD! :kimchi:

Ahem. Anyways I look forward to episode 7.

good news: it's out

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Droyer posted:

good news: it's out
That is in fact very good news.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It'll never happen but I'd love for an overwhelming amount of Vars pilots to be about to overwhelm our heroes and from the distance they hear someone shout "Listen to my song!"

Also from this episode Macross space hacking seems pretty hosed up.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ethiser posted:

Also from this episode Macross space hacking seems pretty hosed up.

Cannot figure out the password? Sing a song to the server.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

trucutru posted:

Cannot figure out the password? Sing a song to the server.

And suddenly Macross turns into Ar Tonelico.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

If this happens, they can shut down Japan because nothing greater nor more anime will ever be.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Wait, so Valkyries become more powerful after they jettison their FAST packs?

Edit: On a serious note, I can't tell whether they meant Windamerians or humans when they said civilians died.

Also, Roid's hilarious protoculture theory.

Argas fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 16, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Today on Macross Delta
cat planet cat planet cat planetcat planetcat planet cat pla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdtehRUfzWc

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
I sure laughed a lot at this episode. Hell, I'm still laughing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I want to buy all these songs.
Reina and Makina are too cute.
And, aag cliffhanger!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

a kitten posted:

I want to buy all these songs.

Cannot wait. Going on a trip soon, I want me some earworms to listen to.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-15/macross-delta-walkure-idol-unit-announces-1st-full-album-zepp-tour/.102131

No worms until June 22.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
This was the most ludicrous episode yet. Magical singing hackers, singing while doing a goddamn infiltration mission, let's send the pilots and the idol singers to infiltrate an enemy planet because it builds character, evil space apples.

I'm dying. :allears:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Don't forget the part the bottled water plays in the conspiracy!

This show is just so fun. :allears:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So basically you get brain-washed from drinking water and eating your fruits and veggies? Space-USA is safe for the time being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Also don't forget that they cut a bunny shaped hole in a wall. I love this show more than I can articulate.

So, with the uh, drastic difference of opinion in who dimension bombed the planet what are the odds there's a yet to be revealed third player in this?

• Locked thread