Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave says Cole and Page will be with New Japan this summer doing Bullet Club work. Gedo wanted Page to be a member, The Bucks pushed for Cole to be a member, blame Matt for the PPV end

thanks matt, he's the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Davros1 posted:

He was only buying used as a temporary challenger, ala Eric Young in NXT, while they find a more suitable challenger. It was totally the right call to book him to lose. It's not supposed to make Colt look strong, it's supposed to make Lethal look strong.

On the other hand, Jay's pretty much beaten the entire ROH heavyweight roster, so at least a Colt win would have freshened it up a bit, even if he was a transitional champion.

I think people would buy more into Colt than they would Dijak.

Otherwise I think Lethal is going to get paired off with dudes he's already beaten. Roddy can't even win a TV title #1 Contenders match, Jay and Mark Brisco just lost to War Machine so lol if they get a chance, too soon for Moose, O'Reilly lost to Naito, and Cole lost at the Anniversary show so short of "Bullet Club" I'm not sure how he is in line for a shot.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

ayn rand hand job posted:

On the other hand, Jay's pretty much beaten the entire ROH heavyweight roster, so at least a Colt win would have freshened it up a bit, even if he was a transitional champion.

I think people would buy more into Colt than they would Dijak.

Otherwise I think Lethal is going to get paired off with dudes he's already beaten. Roddy can't even win a TV title #1 Contenders match, Jay and Mark Brisco just lost to War Machine so lol if they get a chance, too soon for Moose, O'Reilly lost to Naito, and Cole lost at the Anniversary show so short of "Bullet Club" I'm not sure how he is in line for a shot.

Dave says the new PPV will be Jay Briscoe with a shot. I think if they're going to make the Bullet Club the focus of the show, they really should have the plan to be the leader going for the shot, but in a heel way of sending the lower guys at the champ first to weaken him. Like Cole's shot being after Lethal gets beat up by the Guerrillas, and then get super kicked to hell or something. Definitely not a shot anytime soon as stupid as that sounds.

Also, go look at who Nigel beat when he was champ, how many times he faced guys like Steen or Go Shizaki. Lethal hasn't run through everyone yet, and even if he does can face them again before it even reaches some of the Nigel stuff towards the end.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we need erick stevens to face lethal

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Erick Stevens was good

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Erick Stevens beat Bryan Danielson and Austin Aries in one weekend and then Gabe gave up on him for some reason

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Davros1 posted:

He was only buying used as a temporary challenger, ala Eric Young in NXT, while they find a more suitable challenger. It was totally the right call to book him to lose. It's not supposed to make Colt look strong, it's supposed to make Lethal look strong.

how does that make any money down the road?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tanahashi has said he wants the ROH World Title.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, but I'm becoming less confident we're gonna see that happen :smith:

Maybe for Final Battle....

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/730924288132431872

Matt's hand is apparently messed up too.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I hope it wasn't his Too Sweeting hand :ohdear:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jumping the gun in this year's BOSJ injury

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

HulkaMatt posted:

Erick Stevens beat Bryan Danielson and Austin Aries in one weekend and then Gabe gave up on him for some reason

CHOOOO CHOOOO!!!!

He never should have lost the mohawk.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ktik posted:

CHOOOO CHOOOO!!!!

He never should have lost the mohawk.

I hope he went on to make lots of money in that weird concentration camp themed body building contest he went into.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Due to various injuries expect a reshuffled card for the New York show.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
NYC show's new card

BULLET CLUB vs NEW JAPAN vs RING OF HONOR
Bullet Club (Adam Cole & Matt Jackson) vs “Rainmaker” Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs ROH World Champion Jay Lethal & Roderick Strong

NON TITLE
IWGP Heavyweight Champion Tetsuya Naito vs ACH

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Reborn Matt Sydal

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP RE-MATCH
Addiction vs War Machine

Cedric Alexander vs Donovan Dijak w/ Prince Nana

Jushin “Thunder” Liger & the Briscoes vs Guerrillas of Destiny & “Hangman” Adam Page

CHOAS (Beretta & Gedo) w/ Rocky Romero vs Motor City Machine Guns

NON TITLE
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion KUSHIDA vs “Pro Wrestling’s Last Real Man” Silas Young

FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL
Michael Elgin vs Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway vs Dalton Caslte w/ the Boys vs Lio Rush

reDRagon vs All Night Express

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I kinda like that better maybe. is Rocky injured too

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

I kinda like that better maybe. is Rocky injured too

I wanted to see Okada and Tana team up :smith:

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Jushin “Thunder” Liger & the Briscoes

Goddammit I wish I could go to see this team-up live

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The card could change again. Naito and Tanahashi are both very banged up.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Thunder Chickens for life

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

The card could change again. Naito and Tanahashi are both very banged up.

Those guys should protect themselves but I'm gonna be kinda depressed if Indont see either guy in a singles match after travelling all the way to NYC.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
so... other than missing out on Rocky Romero and not getting to see Liger in a singles match (which, hey, I saw him at TakeOver last year, so that's okay), that card seems completely overall better, assuming it stays in place. I'd love to see Tanahashi in a singles match. if he can't do a singles, maybe they could team him up with Elgin? that would be incredible

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

btw, while I have a seated ticket this year and won't be milling about the GA balconies (thank god), I'd be up for hanging out with goons before/after the show!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

adam page should find adam pearce and reform the hangm3n

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When I read the new card I thought it wasn't as good as the old card but I couldn't really remember what the old card was.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Adam Page is cool, glad Gedo likes him.

Do the Addiction already have an announced title match at BITW? So there's no chance War Machine get the titles back in NY?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

When I read the new card I thought it wasn't as good as the old card but I couldn't really remember what the old card was.

Only real big thing about the old card was having Okada and Tanhashi team up for the first time since Okada returned to NJPW as Tanahashi's rival.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So there you go:

https://twitter.com/CedricAlexander/status/731247700147081217

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/731322014665953281

rovert fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 14, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

imagine complaining about getting tanahashi vs one of the top 10 workers in the world last year instead of some meaningless benchmark house show tag match where none of the njpw guys even try

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It is astounding how badly ROH repeatedly dropped the ball with Cedric compared to where he was two years ago. Hope he tears it up in the Cruiserweight Classic, if that's really where he's going.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

Preston City Wrestling has announced the dates for the third annual Supershow of Honor shows. The shows will take place on November 25th to the 26th. Weekend tickets are now on sale for the PCW shop at Prestoncitywrestling.com, with general admission and single event tickets going on sale early in June.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

imagine complaining about getting tanahashi vs one of the top 10 workers in the world last year instead of some meaningless benchmark house show tag match where none of the njpw guys even try

Good point, tho I wish Okada and Tana's places would've been switched simply because that would've meant there was still
hope for Hiroshi Tanahashi as ROH champ

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

It is astounding how badly ROH repeatedly dropped the ball with Cedric compared to where he was two years ago. Hope he tears it up in the Cruiserweight Classic, if that's really where he's going.

Delirious's relationship with race is an interesting one. Ever notice how Veda is always with black men in ROH? Delirious says he loves getting hate mail from people about it.

He has high hopes for Faye Jackson Big Booty Trudy. She trains at the ROH dojo. He is a huge black comedy fan. Coming to America is his favorite movie legit.

At the same time he has given a pretty decent push to Moose.

But I've always wondered why Cedric wasn't able to break through the glass ceiling. Those who I consider good judges of talent and character all hold Cedric in high regard on both counts.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
Cedric felt like a Tomasso Ciampa type deal where you know the guy has something and ROH just gives up on him at an obvious time, it's like you tell the "CONTRACT MONTHS REMAINING" pop up appears for Delirious and thus they get just worse chances. I can think of a million things to do with Cedric Alexander. Too many black awesome wrestlers?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

naito off tonights show with a fever the card is cursed

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

apparently he was hospitalized yesterday, get well soon naito

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

naiiiitooooooooooooo :smith:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hopefully he's being super tranquilo and getting lots of fluids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dalton Castle is my favorite wrestler in ROH. He's not as good as the best wrestler on the roster (Bobby Fish) but his greasy, oozing charisma puts him over the top for me.

• Locked thread