Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.

Sue posted:

Do hotel reviews on Google count as social media?

it's like a painting made of words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DemeaninDemon posted:

He's still alive?

He is eternal.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Scarf posted:

I've always just heard "cat tail."

They are edible though, but not the corndog looking part. But if you tear that part open they're full of what almost looks like cotton and it makes excellent tinder for starting fires while camping/surviving.

Yeah, cat tails is what we call them out by me too. I've seen a few people share that, and it's very clearly a joke share.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Always wondered how people with strong bigoted beliefs feel about being on the wrong side of history decades down the line.
Like right now they think they are right to stand up to those "filthy perverts" and such, but then I begin to wonder how people who thought that pesky Rosa Parks should have just shut her trap and moved to the back of the bus must feel now. In 10 or so years from now when no-one really gives a flying gently caress about transgender people peeing where they want to, will the people posting such stupid poo poo be self-aware enough to say to themselves "jeez, I really got that all wrong"?

They've found protestors from famous 60's photos and asked how they feel. Most, if not all seem to be genuinely sorry for how they acted. Granted these people have had to face their notoriety and couldn't just slink away.

Some will just rationalize their beliefs. Like, sure Blacks have equal rights and all, but have you seen the crime rates? Everyone was better during segregation. And the Gays, there were so many fewer back before we started encouraging deviant behavior.

Krispy Wafer has a new favorite as of 18:23 on May 13, 2016

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

DemeaninDemon posted:

He's still alive?

I really don't want to see the thing that is capable of taking out the L.A. Beast.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm having trouble getting through the previous comments to screencap it, but someone in the current NPR live Facebook event on Afghanistan's comments gave the unironic suggestion of "Just leave and let the Taliban take care of the terrorist problem".

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'm having trouble getting through the previous comments to screencap it, but someone in the current NPR live Facebook event on Afghanistan's comments gave the unironic suggestion of "Just leave and let the Taliban take care of the terrorist problem".

This one?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

comment by my cousin, who a few weeks ago faked a seizure to keep his parents from kicking him out of their house (he's in his 40s, and it didn't work)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Yeah, thanks. It was only loading the ~5 most recent comments for me for some reason.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Sue posted:

Its even better if you imagine the guy saying this out loud in Mort Goldman's voice.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
tumblr is currently yreally angry that the woman who killed my brother's wife and kid and then used it as a platform to blame him for their murder got convicted today.

Identifying information everywhere but so many loving white women are angry right now and I am drunk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FAROOQ posted:

tumblr is currently yreally angry that the woman who killed my brother's wife and kid and then used it as a platform to blame him for their murder got convicted today.

Identifying information everywhere but so many loving white women are angry right now and I am drunk

Don't steal LoB's gimmick.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I accept everything at face value because I am a noble and good boy. That sounds incredibly hosed up, FAROOQ.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Don't steal LoB's gimmick.
He's not. Hating white people is uuuuusually defensible.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

FAROOQ posted:

My favourite thing in games is where I'm playing them and remember than they convicted the woman who killed my bother's wife and kid

FAROOQ posted:

are there any "convicted the woman who killed my brother's wife and kid" memes?

FAROOQ posted:

The woman who killed my brother's wife and kid and then attempted to raise a witch hunt against him for doing it got convicted today.

Dogs biting people please.

FAROOQ posted:

The woman who used tumblr to claim my brother killed his wife and kid was today convicted of their murder.

FAROOQ posted:

please elaborate

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:vince:

FAROOQ is unironically more interesting/better than 99% of PYF gimmick or not.

e: FAROOQ, could you please settle a bet between a pal and I on whether or not you are a boy or girl.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Not true, if you look closely The Predator has lighter markings around the eyes and they hate the smell of honeycomb

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

EmmyOk posted:

e: FAROOQ, could you please settle a bet between a pal and I on whether or not you are a boy or girl.

Whichever is convenient at the time.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This guy has like 6M fans on facebook and constantly posts things like this

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

china bot posted:

please elaborate

You mean "please make up poo poo." He's a shitposter, and odds of this being legit to him is under 1%. I'm sure it happened to someone, but not Farooq.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Their gimmick is better than your posting though

Tbh FAROOQ and PCOS are great because if anyone gets upset by them or thinks they can own them with a sweet Joss Whedon witticism you know that person is a loving dope. It's just a shame a vast majority of PYF fall into that category.

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 02:14 on May 14, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Avenging_Mikon posted:

You mean "please make up poo poo." He's a shitposter, and odds of this being legit to him is under 1%. I'm sure it happened to someone, but not Farooq.

But it sounds like he's building up to one hell of a story and I'd like to hear it :colbert:.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

EmmyOk posted:

Tbh FAROOQ and PCOS are great because if anyone gets upset by them or thinks they can own them with a sweet Joss Whedon witticism you know that person is a loving dope. It's just a shame a vast majority of PYF fall into that category.

Pro tip: don't try quite so hard next time

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

EmmyOk posted:

Not really, they're boring and unpleasant, and your defense of them makes me suspect you just like them for sticking it to us mean old liberals.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

jesus christ there's nothing sadder than someone desperate for validation from loving gimmick shitposters

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's hard to tell when people are being edgy and ironically racist defending Zimmerman and who's actually unironically defending Zimmerman so I can see why people fall for PCOS' gimmick all the time.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RareAcumen posted:

It's hard to tell when people are being edgy and ironically racist defending Zimmerman and who's actually unironically defending Zimmerman so I can see why people fall for PCOS' gimmick all the time.

When you never, ever let the act drop even for a single second I'm not sure you can call it a gimmick any more. A gimmick is something you do in a few threads, not your whole life.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A lovely Reporter posted:

Not really, they're boring and unpleasant, and your defense of them makes me suspect you just like them for sticking it to us mean old liberals.

I'm not sure why you are bringing liberalism into this but only one of us has probations for homophobia and other slurs and it's bit me.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Being hateful is a pretty lovely gimmick though. The internet is already full of transphobic, misogynistic, racist bigots so it doesn't even have shock value.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Stop posting about other posters and post some loving content.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

cash crab posted:

Stop posting about other posters and post some loving content.

Yeah, SA does have a rule against homemade these days.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

From the Casey Anthony trial iirc

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

EmmyOk posted:

From the Casey Anthony trial iirc

Yes, perfect

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Alaois posted:

jesus christ there's nothing sadder than someone desperate for validation from loving gimmick shitposters

Achilles is the proto-husband.

Achilles was invulnerable everywhere else on his body except for his heel. According to legend, his mother dipped him in the river Styx, and she held him by his heel so that part wasn't submerged. Keeping this vulnerability a secret was the key to his success in battle.

Why was he the proto-husband? Once a woman becomes aware of your vulnerability, she can take control over it. Women love horses because the act of riding one is a microcosm of their existence. Take control over something that is more powerful than you, and you can subvert the natural order. Power is power regardless of whether it is earned or stolen.

So what is the modern man's Achilles' heel? The blue pill. It is like a form of malware that is installed by the mother. It is where our mothers held us. We are programmed to believe that we need a woman's love, but it will never again be forthcoming (it's just a means of control).

Extrapolate this to combine the analogy of the horse and the malware. Imagine if your home computer was an AI that was actually more intelligent than you. How would this be useful to you? You too, would install the malware - we can call it the blue pill virus. Sure, it eventually destroys the computer, but you can just go out and get a new one.

Your Computer posted:

Being hateful is a pretty lovely gimmick though. The internet is already full of transphobic, misogynistic, racist bigots so it doesn't even have shock value.

Mind viruses are not optional in large societies. Without these viruses, societies fall apart at the seams into disparate warring units. The majority of the populace desires to be controlled.

The Western world has rejected its various Abrahamic denominations. In its place, the totalitarians have created the much more profitable blue pill. They have doubled the labor and consumption markets through feminism. They have created a new slave class on the backs of blue pill betas. On top of this, they have created welfare states that extract much more from one's labors than the Abrahamic 10%.

Oh oh you're depressed you cock carousel riding hag, with your a thousand cock stare?

Oh oh you're depressed you supplicating blue pill beta, with your need for approval?

Here, pop a zoloft. A prozac. Or a cymbalta. Take your pick, child. Stay within the warm embrace of the blue pill.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Your Computer posted:

I was trying to Willy Wonka meme it. Like: 'Oh yeah, it's everyone else's fault for having an opinion on your actions. Suuuure.'

The graying white male demographic doesn't like Beyoncé!? Next you're going to tell me that the seven to 12 year old asian male block don't care about tampons!

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 03:24 on May 14, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Sue posted:

Yes. Speaking of reviews, here's an Amazon review of some garlic chili sauce I bought the other night:

quote:

Too garlicky

Too garlicky and we like spicy foods. Will not order again.

You heard it here first, a paste made out of garlic and chili is too garlicky and hot.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

just a quick reminder that following GPS directions into a lake is something Michael Scott did on The Office

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

china bot posted:

just a quick reminder that following GPS directions into a lake is something Michael Scott did on The Office

And that many in the TVIV Office threads hated it because it stretched their suspension of disbelief too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

RareAcumen posted:

The graying white male demographic doesn't like Beyoncé!? Next you're going to tell me that the seven to year 12 old asian male block don't care about tampons!

The funny thing is that people who hold this sentiment are usually into wanky metal.