Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Okay, will have a look then, thanks. Also I did find the other nest, but thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
I never quite understood why people were so convinced that Ocelotte was actually present in the fight with Oceiros. The king literally pleads with him to come out and stop hiding from him. He's cradling a whole lot of nothing. I refuse to believe that Ocelotte was "censored" out of the fight, when Bloodborne was essentially one longform exercise in the murder of infant things. They probably thought about having Ocelotte physically present in the fight and thought better of it.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Desperate Character posted:

It's a much better fight thematically if the baby is already dead and Oceiros is so far-gone in his madness he never accepted it than the whole invisible baby stuff people ramble all about.

:agreed: It's quite thematic that he's squatting above a graveyard to that end as well. Much, much better than hitting the glowing red weakspot baby w/a morning star for the first half of the fight.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Dazzling Addar posted:

I never quite understood why people were so convinced that Ocelotte was actually present in the fight with Oceiros. The king literally pleads with him to come out and stop hiding from him. He's cradling a whole lot of nothing. I refuse to believe that Ocelotte was "censored" out of the fight, when Bloodborne was essentially one longform exercise in the murder of infant things. They probably thought about having Ocelotte physically present in the fight and thought better of it.

Priscilla is part dragon and can go invisible and there's a baby crying, it seems more weird to me to assume that there's magic baby crying noises than there's an invisible baby when we're in a world where invisible dragon babies actually exist. I assumed that Osceiros' pleading for Ocelotte to come out is his way of asking him to stop being invisible.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dazzling Addar posted:

yea that's how I took it as well. never even considered that ocelot was supposed to be in the room until this thread brought it up

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its because the idea that Oceiros is making tons of baby noises while trying to murder you is even dumber.

EDIT: Personally, I believe Ocelotte is in the fight but you don't touch him. He's hiding off in a corner watching you because he's freaked out by his lanky dragon dad and the crazy person trying to rip his head off.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 14, 2016

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

This isn't the first time I've murdered a baby in a Souls game, and it won't be the last.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
theres still baby crying in the fight tho

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I just want to say that I'm so glad we have a better pvp arena than Iron Keep bridge. That place was such an eyesore after pvp'ing there for a while. The area after Pontiff looks great and even has a little raised platform to watch fight clubs from.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Motherfucker posted:

moonlight greatsword is a pretty tits sorcerer wep too.

So how good is dragon breath then?

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

AlwaysWetID34 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 18, 2019

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Even PvE is hard with the caestus. What's the best path to get damage out of these? I thought it would be making them heavy and pumping strength but that's adding gently caress all.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
The weakest enemy in the game is surely the fight club host.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Am I crazy or doesn't Andre have dialogue regarding Havel after you kill Havel? I swear I remember that form my first playthrough, but I haven't gotten it to trigger anymore so maybe I'm just mis-remembering.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Malcolm XML posted:

theres still baby crying in the fight tho

we would see the invisibaby splash around in the gross water like we could see priscilla's footsteps if we're playing by ds rules :colbert:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Ocelotte is either the firekeeper or is nobody at all and you can hear babby because The Flow Of Time Is Convoluted

Oceiros is a crazy gently caress, but not entirely a baby eating crazy gently caress.

That's your Bloodborne PC who goes on to murder Nyarlathotep and then turns into a baby Soul of Artorias.

Lotish posted:

Tseldora of Lothric

This sounds like a designer fashion label.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Here's another q I'm not sure on- what's the deal with Lothric knight vows being associated with taking off your head? The statue does this quite literally to activate the ladder to Lothric Castle, the knights surrounding the fat angel knight in High Wall all have missing heads except for the other fat angel corpse. There's some other headless corpses in various weird places. And of course you collect heads specifically to place on the thrones of the Lords of Cinder, but that may be for aesthetic reasons.

I thought perhaps they were trying to visualize the curse of the one who links the Fire, or saying "be at least as faithful as our princes, who have suffered so much for you" or something. None of the active knights are missing their heads, it would have been cool if all the ones leading up to the princes were.

Anyhoo pretty weird up there in Lothric

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 14, 2016

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
so someone on the facepunch forum posted about the fact there was originally supposed to be a visible baby in the fight but they never added the model; however some variables and two textures for a living and dead baby were left over which he posts in this link. Basically, there was an actual living baby that wasn't invisible that would have gotten either smashed/eaten but then From realized doing that might be a bit too morbid/hilarious. I think it is safe to say the real reason Oceiros went mad was due to Schrödinger's baby because this is all so completely :psyduck:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

pretty good detective work

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

That's horrible and awesome.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

turtlecrunch posted:

pretty good detective work

Oh no Ocelote is melting! :ohdear:

You should of reposted this pic though cause its great(rat);

Maybe this time the poor bastard will survive irthyll.

VVV wtf

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 14, 2016

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Man I do not care about Greirat at all.

e: except as a vessel of things to buy

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

turtlecrunch posted:

Here's another q I'm not sure on- what's the deal with Lothric knight vows being associated with taking off your head? The statue does this quite literally to activate the ladder to Lothric Castle, the knights surrounding the fat angel knight in High Wall all have missing heads except for the other fat angel corpse. There's some other headless corpses in various weird places.

I think the statues just symbolizes the sacrifices knights are asked to commit for the kingdom. The symbolism becomes literal later considering that the headless knights around the fat angel knights are most likely victims - the angel knights and lothric knights were on opposing sides of a wee civil war. You can also find fat knight corpses in the body piles that have been turned into porcupines with lothric knight spears as well.

hard counter fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 14, 2016

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Supposedly (maybe mentioned in this thread?) there's a way to get Greirat to survive Lothric Castle, but only on NG+ since Patches can still have Siegward's armor. Gonna try it out.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

It's very simple though: Ocelotte is a dream baby just like Archdragon Peak is a dream you go to when you meditate about dragons.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

this news is really putting a damper on my ocelotte character.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Smoldering lake is kicking my rear end holy crap. I think I might just be off my game tonight but dang

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Make the crossbow to kill everything for you.

Especially those mother-loving crabs.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SirDan3k posted:

Make the crossbow to kill everything for you.

Especially those mother-loving crabs.

For whatever reason, I found the Smouldering lake ballistic easier to dodge than the Giant Archer before we became pals. Sure I got hit sometimes, but generally it felt better. Maybe because it always fires three shots at a time? More consistent gaps from sound effect to collision? I dunno. All I know is I have an invasion thwarted thanks to it, even though the drat thing aims at me instead of invaders.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Someone on PS4 around SL50 throw their drat sign down at the Aldritch Faithful basement because I refuse to fight these loving dogs fairly anymore.

e: complaining on the internet and swearing always works. Carthus Rogue works well on them.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 14, 2016

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Why does everyone just summon mound makers for honor pvp? I just want to play around and do some fun gimmicks and I thought that was clear when I came out with a porcine shield and pickaxe in dragon form. :smith:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

One of my characters on PS4 is "moonlight butt" and my brother summoned me and said he could read the whole name.

We had a password on, does that turn off the name filter? I'm just upset about this whole situation.

It sucks, all my names are starred out, mostly for inane reasons, and I only found out today because From's character creator doesn't inform us. I spent a ton of time perfecting "a one-eyed hobo"'s look only to find out the ho is starred out.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So after the latest patch my WARNING INVALID DATA on login has disappeared. I haven't been playing on my main, and instead of been playing on a family share account, porting the save back over and playing in offline mode as I hit achievement milestones. Is it safe to port my save back over and go online now? I'm guessing if the warning is gone my account was one of those flagged in error, but I don't want to risk it unless I know for sure :ohdear:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Bogart posted:

Someone on PS4 around SL50 throw their drat sign down at the Aldritch Faithful basement because I refuse to fight these loving dogs fairly anymore.

e: complaining on the internet and swearing always works. Carthus Rogue works well on them.

awww I just put my sign down

good job anyway :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So I know a whole bunch of stuff is broken because of this patch but what was it supposed to fix?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Why does everyone just summon mound makers for honor pvp? I just want to play around and do some fun gimmicks and I thought that was clear when I came out with a porcine shield and pickaxe in dragon form. :smith:

As far as I can figure, it's down mostly to two things.

First, Red signs are put down by people actually in the mindset for, and prepared for Dueling PvP. They are banking on your purple sign being easier to kill as some kind of "Fun Haver", but still feel good about themselves "I may have deliberately summoned the naked man with dual torches with my pro MLG meta PvP guy, but it WAS a Duel :smug:"

Second, you get nothing of note for beating up a Red Sign. But killing a purple gets you a vertabrae, giving them a greed prize and also allowing them to not have to bother with actually using the purple covenant to earn it's rewards.

Purple bros may be the "Wildcard", but player greed and hypocritical views of "Honor" is generally the biggest danger to purple bros.

See also, my finally realizing why Hosts and Co-op summons would turn on me and down point spam over my corpse if I used the prayer pose, or even a healing miracle. They thought I was trying to black crystal out, and we can't have that! Filthy honerless purples don't deserve to "Escape" after helping us kill every giant crab in farron woods and two red phantoms!

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 14, 2016

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

e: I've no idea how to make a video smaller, woops. :psyduck:

Needs roundabout fading in at the end.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Whenever I purpleboy I walk up to the host, wave at him, then run off and start killing stuff for free souls

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

turtlecrunch posted:

awww I just put my sign down

good job anyway :v:

appreciate it bud. :*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Man, that is so shameful.

I moved my level 15 twink to new game plus, and get invaded by some guy named red shadow. He shows up in full dragonslayer gear, and is wielding a Fume Ultra Greatsword, Dragonslayer Spear, and also dual-wielding what I think were two Carthus Curved Swords. My melee hits only deal 27 damage to him, and my riposte damage with a +2 Fire Mail Breaker are doing barely over 300 damage to him, which is still less than a quarter of his total health.

Yeah, that's legit.

The only thing that really bugs me is that I ALMOST BEAT HIM ANYWAY. Granted, I had 14 estus compared to his 7, but I think I was just one riposte away from actually finishing him off anyway. I probably could have played a bit better myself, but drat it I was so close. I'm calling it a moral victory, at any rate. :colbert: