Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Troutz posted:

So this happened last night:

9v3 in regular TDM que.

You know I really like this game from a gameplay standpoint, but my god there are parts of this game that are just a technical mess. Promised features missing six months after release, broken & lopsided lobbies, disastrous network conditions whenever they do 2x-whatever weekends. A friends list that sort of half-works, and usually will just pretend like everybody you know is offline. Get your poo poo together 3arch

Not even joking, just as I was finishing typing this up, our group got que'd into another 9v3. Apparently this is the new 7v5. What the actual gently caress.

Dad I'd like to gently caress.

In it, voted 5. Would 9v3 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016

VJeff posted:

We were actually losing this game for most of it, :lol:

We lost the one tonight. We were all knife running and being stupid and we lost like 91-100

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Here's what mean streak is Chacha

https://youtu.be/5r08XTkNfv0

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I am rusty. Plus it doesn't help not knowing the maps.

I must get better.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I'm working today but I want to play some shootmans when I get home, roughly 330 MST/PST (this is revotfel btw).

To the goon who was talking about the map packs, some of us who play have them and I do see them from time to time playing with goons. I like having the new maps but I will also play solo if no goons are present so YMMV.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I'd buy the new maps but I never play solo so I don't see the point. I would if I played more zombies though.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Why in the gently caress is nuketown in the hardcore playlist?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Troutz posted:

We lost the one tonight. We were all knife running and being stupid and we lost like 91-100

Sword running. Get it right.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Fibby Boy posted:

Why in the gently caress is nuketown in the hardcore playlist?

Because Nuketown is loving hardcore, duh. :v:

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

I'd buy the new maps but I never play solo so I don't see the point. I would if I played more zombies though.

You should. The DLC maps are pretty great. One's an ancient nazi castle with a rocket pad nearby and the other's basically "Japanese horticulture gone wrong". Just remember to have fun.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm playing now, so someone invite me, so I can suck while still winning.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This just in, goons don't care about helping goons.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

VJeff posted:

Well my baseball bat cared

:v:

ecdub22
Jul 9, 2008

I'm going to crush all opposition in this thread.

:siren: -=+ 54i +=- :siren:
Pillbug

VJeff posted:

Bats to the face are funnier.:human being:

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016

VJeff posted:

Can confirm. Also I blame Macys

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Troutz posted:

Can confirm. Also I blame Macys

This is safe to do with pretty much every aspect of your life.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

VJeff posted:

I do. :(

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Apparently there's some code in the latest update about completing contracts to get blackjack contracts. I don't know what that means, but whatever. Something might happen at some point with contracts. Maybe.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Yo if you see me online today shoot me an invite. I'll drop whatever it is I'm playing to come play this.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
then get on and help me finish these heatwave doubles :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Same here. I'm just playing dark souls so I'll switch with an invite.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I will probably be playing after the Cubs game finishes, but I still suck so you'd all have to carry me! :v:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Pro tip: The answer to the question, "How do I get _____ Hero armour challenge done?" is always, "Play with goons on Combine."

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Pro tip: The answer to the question, "How do I get _____ Hero armour challenge done?" is always, "Play with goons on Combine."

Except when it's gravity spikes, in which case it's "play with goons in split lobbies". :D

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
More people need to get online and play right now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I should be on around ten eastern.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I'll be on in the next half hour.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm taking a break for the next hour or so to eat dinner and watch a dumb tv show.

I'll be back around 9pm central.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Got a group of three going; we'll grab anyone who comes online, or the survivors if NSA's group dies. :getin:

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I learned today that I am not the only Ohio player in this thread. Plus some real names were revealed tonight!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Meanwhile, in e-sports:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/games/activision-blizzard-to-broadcast-live-esports-on-facebook/ar-BBsY9nW?ocid=spartandhp

quote:

Activision Blizzard to Broadcast Live eSports on Facebook

Video-game giant Activision Blizzard is teaming up with Facebook to deliver live eSports tournament coverage on the social-media service worldwide.
Activision Blizzard Media Networks, headed by former ESPN CEO Steve Bornstein, will launch its new eSports network and programming during the MLG Anaheim Open, a two-day “Call of Duty: Black Ops III” tournament that kicks off June 10, 2016.
The MLG Anaheim Open will also be the inaugural event as for MLG.tv’s live broadcasts on Facebook. The company unveiled the pact at its Digital Content NewFronts event Thursday in NYC.

“Esports is an exciting space and continues to be a growing priority for us,” said Dan Reed, Facebook’s head of global sports partnerships. “With over 1.6 billion people on the platform and a growing suite of VOD and live-streaming products that partners can use to increase engagement, Facebook is uniquely positioned to help eSports fans connect around exciting moments and great eSports content.”

Activision acquired Major League Gaming, one of the biggest eSports leagues, in January. On Thursday, MLG.tv showed off its “Enhanced Viewing Experience,” an HD video stream with an algorithmic feed of match statistics, up-to-the-minute leaderboards and insights based on the competition they are watching.

The company also announced Chris Puckett, a broadcast veteran and retired pro gamer, as MLG.tv’s new host. Puckett’s daily “ESR” broadcast will feature highlights, interviews and news segments covering the eSports.
“We’re building a network dedicated to the thrill of competition and the passion of the fans,” said Bornstein. “MLG.tv will play a defining role in realizing the full potential of this audience by creating meaningful, memorable and shareable content.”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jase1 posted:

I learned today that I am not the only Ohio player in this thread. Plus some real names were revealed tonight!

Ohio is the absolute worst (sup fellow Ohio idiots).

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ohio is the absolute worst (sup fellow Ohio idiots).

Columbus owns.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

housefly posted:

Columbus owns.

Columbus is terrible. Jack & Benny's owns so it evens out.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Some kid told me to kill myself no less than three times last night for camping the A building on Redwood.

poo poo, it's not like it's hard to kick people out of it; just use Hardwired, and go through the front window.
I think it's been literally years since I got hatemail.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 16, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Have you tried not camping like a big baby and playing Redwood as it's meant to be played?

Shotgun, afterburner, never touch the ground and tree-run endlessly

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

housefly posted:

Columbus owns.

We all know Cleveland tops Columbus especially after the republicans burn this motherfucker down in July or whatever's left after the cavs fan get done with the city in June.

I wish they ran aquarium 24/7 so I can get that last elusive popcorn medal.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Have you tried not camping like a big baby and playing Redwood as it's meant to be played?

Shotgun, afterburner, never touch the ground and tree-run endlessly

I can't even pass the second/third (I forget) Freerun mission. :negative:

V V V - I watched the replay from his POV; the dude was pure revenge pubby.
There was a stretch where he died ten times in a row; eight of which were by me. :smug:
Teabagged my corpse when he finally got me with his bullshit dual Marshals.
Then Toast made him have a nice day cause he wasn't loving paying attention.

I love this game.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:09 on May 16, 2016

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Some kid told me to kill myself no less than three times last night for camping the A building on Redwood.

poo poo, it's not like it's hard to kick people out of it; just use Hardwired, and go through the front window.
I think it's been literally years since I got hatemail.

I think, by far, the most amusing aspect of this screen grab is you - of all people - telling him to work on anger management.

Bravo, Macys. Bravo.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

I can't even pass the second/third (I forget) Freerun mission. :negative:

V V V - I watched the replay from his POV; the dude was pure revenge pubby.
There was a stretch where he died ten times in a row; eight of which were by me. :smug:
Teabagged my corpse when he finally got me with his bullshit dual Marshals.
Then Toast made him have a nice day cause he wasn't loving paying attention.

I love this game.

Jumping through windows and gravity spiking is quickly becoming a favorite of mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fibby Boy posted:

Jumping through windows and gravity spiking is quickly becoming a favorite of mine

Going side-room to then jumping through the overlook window and gravity spiking for a quad in Aquarium is the high point of my making people have a nice loving day now career.

• Locked thread