Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Stupid fuckin :bravo2: that have been repeated a million times over

Hi friend,
Please consider posting this poo poo on reddit where it belongs. Seriously, it gets loving annoying to have to read about how doxxing is bad every few pages since literally forever. Get over it or I'm gonna spend a whole week with digi learning all his trick, doxx your address and give it to Preencleeve claiming its Mitten's new address and he's been invited for supper.

No seriously, shut the gently caress up.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Dalael posted:

Pretty good post which allows me to better understand the challenges you guys face.
Have you read my following post regarding bumping and if so, what are your thoughts on it? (Assuming I was not completely wrong with the bumping mechanic)

I edited my post to address the first part about affecting the meta. But I don't know about your post on bumping.

I'm not unilaterally against the idea of 'after x minutes, freighter enters warp.' I even came up with that idea myself (but kept it in MiniLuv) last summer when they said ominously 'changes to bumping are coming!' But their timeline is too short. I'd take 5 minutes. 7 would be a gift. Anything 10 minutes or above would basically maintain the status quo (we mostly keep freighters aggressed these days).

If we kept ganking the way we do after the change, here's what the minimum fleet comp would look like:

quote:

-1 Scanner
-1 DST
-1 Frieghter
-1 Loot scooper
-1 Bumper
-6 Aggression characters (can be shared by the group or played by one person or run by the bumper).
-20 DPS

That's bare minimum. There's a lot you cannot kill with that fleet unless you run 2 waves. You could trim 2 dudes off of it if you feel like suspecting a freighter every time you gank. If that's the fleet comp I get when I ping, that's not a 'serious' gank fleet. So, maintaining current tactics, it's increasing the personnel requirement by 25% (roughly the same increase as from the EHP buff).

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 14, 2016

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

DisgracelandUSA posted:

JF ganking knowledge base.

Point(s) taken. I agree that flying a JF in hisec knowing you have one or more cynos ready to get out unharmed is too much. Any changes should not make logistics any more boring than it already is though. More dangerous, sure.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dalael posted:

Hi friend,
Please consider posting this poo poo on reddit where it belongs. Seriously, it gets loving annoying to have to read about how doxxing is bad every few pages since literally forever. Get over it or I'm gonna spend a whole week with digi learning all his trick, doxx your address and give it to Preencleeve claiming its Mitten's new address and he's been invited for supper.

No seriously, shut the gently caress up.

:laffo:

It's good to see you're sticking to your gimmick of being proof that fetal alcohol syndrome is still an issue in the world.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 14, 2016

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Unfunny Poster posted:

:laffo:

It's good to see you're sticking to your gimmick of being proof that fetal alcohol syndrome is still an issue in the world.

Its good that you're sticking to your gimmick of being the cumshot your mom should have swallowed. Its sad that your dad wanted to make a cumstain on the sheet but ended up making one on society.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Hi thread, it's me again.

To answer some questions not because I think it's particularly important or anything but because they were asked:

1) deadtear did NOT say "your posting is worse than xenuria." Point of fact he said "you're worse than loving xenuria." Like me, as in not my posts but the person making them. Wow what an rear end in a top hat. He is right, this is what "broke" me. If by "break" you mean caused me to finally be like yeah maybe it's time to peace out.

Problem is I have nowhere to go, so I'll just go nowhere.

2) As far as EVE Online Corp Membership goes, yes I'm still in GSF. Where else would I go? Last time I checked posting badly wasn't reason enough to get blacklisted, and I did say "slim down" my operations -- not let my main's sub expire and be banished to vacationerland and lose my spot. I'll never awox or go fuckgoons so I'm sorry for that. One of the reasons I love GSF is because I can say whatever I want to whoever I want and not get kicked. I can eve shitpost here, at Post Mecca. So what if people think I'm annoying as gently caress? I'm still laughing and stillhere, and in a few days I come off RO and I'll be back giving the precious goonfleet dot comme my own special kind of love.

3) I purposefully have not posted in the chill thread. I'm trying to be respectful in that regard.

4) I still love goons. Both the kind here and the kind in spaceships. I have never done anything, unlike xenuria, that would cause anyone to be able to plausibly argue otherwise. Part of not giving a poo poo is that it's easy to remain loyal.

5) I wanted to let you folks -- most of which are my supposed mates -- have a look behind the curtain for fun. I love how writing words has become a taboo in this society. As if we've forgotten that the forming of words in long form is the building blocks of our "great society." I posted in long form because I like to do so. Sorry you don't like reading it. Scroll on past but if you come at me, don't get all "he's a sperg" when I come back.

6) Hi Endie -- I've actually never had a twitter but I've roasted you like a prime duck over like 5 or 6 different reddit accounts. You are cool as poo poo but in the game you made your choice and are elite pvp now so you get to shut the gently caress up about anything GSF related because we aren't about that (at least not on paper.)

7) Let's see if waffe is what it claims to be. I post like poo poo, people think I'm no better than xenuria, but I have literally done nothing wrong. Even my reddit posting is pro-SA and pro-goon. Xenuria's just a clueless attention whore. I'm a grown rear end man with a mortgage playing a character on internet spaceships. There's a goddamned difference and if you don't realize that then I feel bad for you son. I honestly don't think I'll get kicked. I'm annoying, but poo poo lots of goons are. I think it was space dad himself who said poo poo posting is every goon's god given right. Does that not extend to this thread.

8) I actually really like Dalael on a dude level - even on the gsf forums. The problem is he keeps coming at me and I don't get the chance to say "hey dude stop I like you let's just be chill bros." People in waffe HAVE given me that chance and I am chill bros with them. You may not know them though because most of them sure as poo poo don't post in this thread. I wish Zyd hadn't come at him here on my behalf, but on the same token I wish I hadn't come at Zyd. I think you're great, Ang -- be you and have fun and all that and I hope to see you around.

9) Cravius can still get hosed.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dalael posted:

Its good that you're sticking to your gimmick of being the cumshot your mom should have swallowed. Its sad that your dad wanted to make a cumstain on the sheet but ended up making one on society.

That's a cute response. Last time you waited a week and then posted your response in an entirely unrelated thread. Go you~~

Regrettable Drunk
Nov 18, 2012

Interesting read, thanks for posting although I don't think it'll change the mind of anyone.

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

more words

I've never been in GSF in Eve so I can't make reference to the culture there but I did spend a while playing with SA goons on Mechwarrior online and some other games and they're generally very chill (unless you're that one guy who was from Korea who everyone went apeshit at... at least I think he was from Korea). Does Eve make Goons act less chill?

Btw, the JF discussion is awesome and informative so thanks for posting that. I never thought that high sec ganking was so involved and that the meta was so adaptive. I've always had a massive hate boner for Code though so that's probably why I didn't look into it much.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regrettable Drunk posted:

Interesting read, thanks for posting although I don't think it'll change the mind of anyone.

Probably not, but I still felt the call to :justpost:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I blame this kickin' 90s alt rock playlist to be honest.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

To answer some questions not because I think it's particularly important or anything but because they were asked:

1) deadtear did NOT say "your posting is worse than xenuria." Point of fact he said "you're worse than loving xenuria." Like me, as in not my posts but the person making them. Wow what an rear end in a top hat. He is right, this is what "broke" me. If by "break" you mean caused me to finally be like yeah maybe it's time to peace out.

2) As far as EVE Online Corp Membership goes, yes I'm still in GSF. Where else would I go? Last time I checked posting badly wasn't reason enough to get blacklisted, and I did say "slim down" my operations -- not let my main's sub expire and be banished to vacationerland and lose my spot. I'll never awox or go fuckgoons so I'm sorry for that. One of the reasons I love GSF is because I can say whatever I want to whoever I want and not get kicked. I can eve shitpost here, at Post Mecca. So what if people think I'm annoying as gently caress? I'm still laughing and stillhere, and in a few days I come off RO and I'll be back giving the precious goonfleet dot comme my own special kind of love.

3) I purposefully have not posted in the chill thread. I'm trying to be respectful in that regard.

4) I still love goons. Both the kind here and the kind in spaceships. I have never done anything, unlike xenuria, that would cause anyone to be able to plausibly argue otherwise. Part of not giving a poo poo is that it's easy to remain loyal.

5) I wanted to let you folks -- most of which are my supposed mates -- have a look behind the curtain for fun. I love how writing words has become a taboo in this society. As if we've forgotten that the forming of words in long form is the building blocks of our "great society." I posted in long form because I like to do so. Sorry you don't like reading it. Scroll on past but if you come at me, don't get all "he's a sperg" when I come back.

6) Hi Endie -- I've actually never had a twitter but I've roasted you like a prime duck over like 5 or 6 different reddit accounts. You are cool as poo poo but in the game you made your choice and are elite pvp now so you get to shut the gently caress up about anything GSF related because we aren't about that (at least not on paper.)

7) Let's see if waffe is what it claims to be. I post like poo poo, people think I'm no better than xenuria, but I have literally done nothing wrong. Even my reddit posting is pro-SA and pro-goon. Xenuria's just a clueless attention whore. I'm a grown rear end man with a mortgage playing a character on internet spaceships. There's a goddamned difference and if you don't realize that then I feel bad for you son. I honestly don't think I'll get kicked. I'm annoying, but poo poo lots of goons are. I think it was space dad himself who said poo poo posting is every goon's god given right. Does that not extend to this thread.

8) I actually really like Dalael on a dude level - even on the gsf forums. The problem is he keeps coming at me and I don't get the chance to say "hey dude stop I like you let's just be chill bros." People in waffe HAVE given me that chance and I am chill bros with them. You may not know them though because most of them sure as poo poo don't post in this thread. I wish Zyd hadn't come at him here on my behalf, but on the same token I wish I hadn't come at Zyd. I think you're great, Ang -- be you and have fun and all that and I hope to see you around.

I just hope you understand that I have absolutely no issues with you. I've agreed with you on some subjects and told you to shut up on others. I'd say out of all the posts you made on goonfleet, I may have answered you like 4 or 5 times tops. So when you say I keep coming at you, it just goes to show how you have this feeling of persecution which is in fact, non existent.

This post here, and the previous ones you made lately are a symptom of a bigger issue. What that issue is I can't quite say because I don't know you. But there is clearly something there. I'd say that around here, as Zeph pointed out, I've had my share of "Shut up Idiot", "J4G" or other poo poo thrown at me. Hell, just look at my first post and the kind of replies I received.

I kinda know how you feel, when I first started here it actually did bother me somewhat when people were behaving like asses. A good example is that terrible thread I made (Someone please link it, I can't find it (Or rather, I'm not really looking for it)) in reaction to being told to :frogout: one too many times. I made that as a troll and mostly out of annoyance. To be entirely honest, its Ullerrm's post in that thread that kinda made me realize, "Why the gently caress do I care? :justpost:"

My point is, stop caring so much. Other than the few people you actually hang out with and like, you shouldn't give a poo poo what people on internet thinks. Especially posters like me who not only do you not know, but has proven times and times to be an idiot with terrible posting abilities and no real redeeming qualities.

I once joked that you'd be the next person to go gently caress goons but please know that I hope you don't.

Last but not least, take a look at your #1 in your post. You're hurt by something deadtear said. Dead loving tear. Who gives a poo poo about what he says? Don't take his words so seriously, who the gently caress is he other than someone who can't put a god drat comma at the end of a sentence and can R/O you at whim on a forum? And the worst is that you "broke" because he said you were worst than Xenuria. In all seriousness, I can think of a lot worse people out there than Xenuria. Sure the guy is loving weird and somehow thinks that shoes matter in EVE online. A guy who likes to troll and made some joke that everyone ran with and have been calling him a pedo since. But for crying our loud, don't act like its such a bad comparison that it destroys you emotionally., because its not.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Oh and I almost forgot -- this is Pablo los Perro - or "Pabs" as we've come to call him. We got him last Sunday. He's about a year old and a rescue. He is likely an american bull terrier and labrador mix. When our friend got him from his last owners his collar was probably 3' too small and had embedded itself in his skin. He was abused by a man so he takes to women and children but has a hard time with men but I've got a lot of experience working with dogs so I'm working with him to make him more comfortable with me and Grande. I took this picture earlier after he came home from getting his poor nuggets snipped.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

That's a cute response. Last time you waited a week and then posted your response in an entirely unrelated thread. Go you~~

It wasn't a week. I replied immediately after reading your post, but I did reply in a different thread, using a post that you had made a week earlier.
But it did backfire in a spectacular way because the irony of the situation back then went completely over my head and I only realized it once someone else in that thread replied.
Then it dawned on me how idiotic it was an my internal score card went: Unfunny Poster 1, Dalael 0, Random guy in that thread 10.

Awww good times.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
you're right, i did say you're worse than xenuria you overly verbose thin skinned retard, address the loving issues and you'll stop being worse than him it's real easy

watch

are you watching

calm down

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Dalael posted:

Some great stuff

Thank you for everything else you said about me but please know that the whole reason I made the "paco vato" character was a shell of not giving a gently caress. I sort of treated this thread as backstage.

Dalael posted:

Dead loving tear.

The problem here is I put more value in deadtear than others do. Deadtear coming at bfm when that all went down is what made paka love goons. To me, he's pretty loving great. Him saying I'm xenuria is tough to swallow. Mittens could +rep every post I ever made and it wouldn't matter to me as much as deadtear being chill to me. He was... for a minute. Until I started posting here, oddly. It was like when I first started playing and warr akini told me I was a terrible poster. It was like being punched in the stomach because of who was saying it in regards to those I value in goons.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Make better posts, then. :shrug:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

Thank you for everything else you said about me but please know that the whole reason I made the "paco vato" character was a shell of not giving a gently caress. I sort of treated this thread as backstage.

The problem here is I put more value in deadtear than others do. Deadtear coming at bfm when that all went down is what made paka love goons. To me, he's pretty loving great. Him saying I'm xenuria is tough to swallow. Mittens could +rep every post I ever made and it wouldn't matter to me as much as deadtear being chill to me. He was... for a minute. Until I started posting here, oddly. It was like when I first started playing and warr akini told me I was a terrible poster. It was like being punched in the stomach because of who was saying it in regards to those I value in goons.

Deadtear being chill to someone is, in my opinion, a sign that all is not well and that he may be dying. Just a thought.
Don't put so much faith in what he, or anyone else think. What really matters, is what your family and real friends think of you. And even more importantly, is what you think of yourself.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Do you love me yet, deadtear? Do you approve of me? Please approve of my posting, deadtear. I put more value in you than others do, deadtear, why do you hate me?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Also, accept PM you mongoloid so this discussion doesn't have to poo poo up the thread any more than it already has. You will also be made fun of a lot less of this way.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

Wait so my takeaway from all this is that the dude whose gimmick was posing really badly 'ironically' got mad because he was posting really badly and the forever angry deadtear said a mean thing.

c/d

e: If shitposting is your gimmick then being angry as gently caress is deadtear's hope this helps with your future endeavors!

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 14, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
is it a gimmick if its just me

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

hailthefish posted:

Do you love me yet, deadtear? Do you approve of me? Please approve of my posting, deadtear. I put more value in you than others do, deadtear, why do you hate me?

I feel sorry for you if you think it's any work to get anyone to notice me at all. Hey guess what I noticed you - now shut up. I don't think he hates me he just crossed the loving line with that xenuria poo poo.

Dalael posted:

Also, accept PM you mongoloid so this discussion doesn't have to poo poo up the thread any more than it already has. You will also be made fun of a lot less of this way.

Uuuuuuh those were turned off on this account oops.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalael posted:

Last but not least, take a look at your #1 in your post. You're hurt by something deadtear said. Dead loving tear. Who gives a poo poo about what he says? Don't take his words so seriously, who the gently caress is he other than someone who can't put a god drat comma at the end of a sentence and can R/O you at whim on a forum? And the worst is that you "broke" because he said you were worst than Xenuria. In all seriousness, I can think of a lot worse people out there than Xenuria. Sure the guy is loving weird and somehow thinks that shoes matter in EVE online. A guy who likes to troll and made some joke that everyone ran with and have been calling him a pedo since. But for crying our loud, don't act like its such a bad comparison that it destroys you emotionally., because its not.

commas do not go at the end of sentences jesus christ you rear end in a top hat

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

is it a gimmick if its just me

And I've told you that it wasn't just you, but :shrug:

If you were just some garden variety misanthrope I would have gotten bored already. Didn't you already call me out for being old as gently caress? Do you not think, sir, that I have seen some things in that time?

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Deadtear please rate your hate of me from 1 to eternal burning hellfire in intensity

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

I feel sorry for you if you think it's any work to get anyone to notice me at all. Hey guess what I noticed you - now shut up. I don't think he hates me he just crossed the loving line with that xenuria poo poo.

Uuuuuuh those were turned off on this account oops.

You're acting like we haven't collectively used xenuria as a pejorative term a thousand times on the forums.
:goonsay:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

And I've told you that it wasn't just you, but :shrug:

If you were just some garden variety misanthrope I would have gotten bored already. Didn't you already call me out for being old as gently caress? Do you not think, sir, that I have seen some things in that time?

i wasnt talking to you what are you talking about

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/dcuClw9.webm

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

i wasnt talking to you what are you talking about

idk I'm drunk. What are you talking about?

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

TRAP HOUSE MOUSE posted:

idk I'm drunk. What are you talking about?

You're going to have some pretty incredible posting-regret when you sober up

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

:justpost:

that's all there is to it.

Dalael posted:

I never quite understood the whole, "Reset FCON!" mentality nor why people want to shoot them that badly.
But it will be my pleasure to shoot them when the time comes.

Most of the "gently caress fcon" mentality is easy to explain but somewhat dumb, honestly.

What it comes down to is that FCON was an honest-to-god roleplaying alliance, and they have mandatory standards of conduct. Those standards do not overlap well with those of Goons. The most famous part of it is that FCON forbids scamming or suicide ganking of any kind, which means that they chose to not participate in a bunch of CFC-wide activities like Burn Jita (and would boot any members who did participate). A lot of people consider them to be prissy sanctimonious asshats for that, and various other things.

On a slightly higher and more concrete level, FCON is run as a democracy, with CEOs and vice-CEOs literally casting votes to make alliance-level decisions. This is retarded on its face value -- but more than that, it means that FCON generally follows the path of least resistance at all times. Of course, the path of least resistance is typically the path of maximum krabit, which is why FCON rotted away in Branch and were largely useless militarily when the war started.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

commas do not go at the end of sentences jesus christ you rear end in a top hat

Shut up nerd. You know what I meant.

ullerrm posted:

Most of the "gently caress fcon" mentality is easy to explain but somewhat dumb, honestly.

What it comes down to is that FCON was an honest-to-god roleplaying alliance, and they have mandatory standards of conduct. Those standards do not overlap well with those of Goons. The most famous part of it is that FCON forbids scamming or suicide ganking of any kind, which means that they chose to not participate in a bunch of CFC-wide activities like Burn Jita (and would boot any members who did participate). A lot of people consider them to be prissy sanctimonious asshats for that, and various other things.

On a slightly higher and more concrete level, FCON is run as a democracy, with CEOs and vice-CEOs literally casting votes to make alliance-level decisions. This is retarded on its face value -- but more than that, it means that FCON generally follows the path of least resistance at all times. Of course, the path of least resistance is typically the path of maximum krabit, which is why FCON rotted away in Branch and were largely useless militarily when the war started.

I thought Razor were the ones who had rules about not ganking and poo poo like that? I know they had this rule of being nice in local when we deployed with them in the Great Wildlands.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 14, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

And they were something like 90% ratters who saw pvp as an inconvenience.

Dalael posted:

I thought Razor were the ones who had rules about not ganking and poo poo like that? I know they had this rule of being nice in local when we deployed with them in the Great Wildlands.

Razor permitted ganking.

The rule wasn't to be nice in local but that members could not talk in local unless to say "gf" after winning a fight. This rule also extended to using the official Eve forums on a Razor pilot or having a Disqus account connected to a razor pilot.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 14, 2016

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

ullerrm posted:

FCON forbids scamming or suicide ganking of any kind

Which is sad, because these activities are a lot of fun.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Paco Vato posted:

literally no one cares

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Marxalot posted:

You're going to have some pretty incredible posting-regret when you sober up

Do you seriously think I have any posting regret? That's rich. Here's the things I regret that I have posted in the year since I've been in goons:

1) coming at angelique here, however gently I tried to be about it. She's my friend and I only want her to have fun in the game.

2) paka's posting on our forums without reading the rules first. She just sort of erupted there. Deadtear managed to make her mad for like a week though with that minion-on-facebook poo poo so :laffo:

Please note for all the warbling about what a thin skin I have, I really don't care as much as people seem to think. I'm laughing with pretty much every post I make. I care about poo poo like bills and being good at my job.

Oh hey that reminds me remember the time I tried to recruit goons for a rl job on the forums? I stayed in character and laid out the job as I saw it - shot as straight as I could. Nymblar shat on the thread for "rambling" and that killed it. Just j4g things I guess tryna get goons those six-figure paychecks I guess~

HEY GUYS DID I DO THE TILDE THING RIGHT? LET ME KNOW I'LL COME BACK AFTER I'VE GOTTEN ANOTHER BEER AND CHECK YER ANSWERS.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
calm down idiot

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

So this is a pretty funny post because most of what you're saying is you being dishonest about, well, pretty much everything. As such it's also an :effort: post to point out how much of a lying shithead you are.

Firstly, since you can't tell dates, I've been posting on SA since 2012. That's a full year before I ever joined GSF, and since then I've brought the thing involving me having my personal info dredged up by digi maybe three or four times over the past three years since it happened. Initially it was in PMs/emails to Vyst & Rhymenoserous (whose in-game name I can't remember, I thought it was Smiling Vagrant for a while who I know I poked about it). Elsewhere though it's mostly been in response to someone saying something about it or asking me about it directly. Secondly that PM you're whinging about was in response to me saying that dredging up people's personal information isn't "something a normal person would do" which was back in 2014.

Specifically the quote was

This is the full reply you made via a PM (which was conveniently saved due to me being lazy about deleting stuff in inboxes :toot:)

To which I replied with...

So, sure maybe I was being a bit of an rear end in a top hat there and hurt your feelings so badly over a year ago you're still butthurt over it today. However, you were, in that quote, arguing that it's perfectly fine for someone to look up another guys personal info because spies are a thing in EVE and that makes them A-OK to do that to. I even stated for you that comparing IPs is fine in my book, which it is, just not looking up a dudes real life name, his Facebook, etc. and using that in any manner since that's greasy as gently caress. Again, something most people here on SA agree with as well as elsewhere. Mainly because most people understand it's a video game and that's crossing that boundary between "this is for fun" and "this is being creepy." Spying exists in several other games, and if people are doing it there that's also dumb and bad.

Moving on, in the past year or so since that convo happened I've maybe mentioned my own issues with that stuff only on SA less times than I have fingers on my left hand (hint it's more than 4, but less than 6). I never raised a stink about it while at TMC, save for when Mittani asked me in a PM specifically about it. That includes both the first run and the short lived second run there. It was never brought up on CZ while I was there. I've never brought it up on my stream or in my videos on my own media channels. I've never posted about on Reddit, nor on FHC, or any other EVE related forum. I've maybe responded to PMs on IRC by people asking about it (iirc they were BAT people) but that's about it for PL services. The cute little narrative you are making up of me running around talking about it is well, pretty easily debunked. Mostly because you can trawl my posts pretty much everywhere I post and see for youself what I did or didn't say. I've raised more of an issue with the Marlona Sky thing across various forums than the digi thing, mostly because Marlona brings it up himself every now and then. So yeah, feel free to look at what I posted etc. unless you're just being disingenuous, which is pretty funny given your initial line about me. :sun:. Hell I've even gone on record saying I have no qualms about being accused of being a spy, even so much as to joke about it since then. I do still however think that using someone's personal info over a video game in any manner is bad and shouldn't be done. Something most sane people would agree with.

Lol you should take some of my hydrocodone so you can relax on your effortposts you nerd.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

Lol you should take some of my hydrocodone so you can relax on your effortposts you nerd.

Whole lotta serious posting going on the last few pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyst posted:

Lol you should take some of my hydrocodone you nerd.

Drugs are for the weak.

I'm into hollistic alternatives.

• Locked thread