Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I can't trust a sword that strong that you can't get rid of. It already took Finn's arm once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
As a heads up, when the AT returns next month, it'll be back on Thursdays. You can tell that the move tho Saturdays wasn't a deliberate attempt to kill off the show (and regular show) in the first place because 1: They regularly advertised the block on the channel and 2: since it became apparent that it was bad for ratings they're moving both shows back to Thursdays.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Best episode yet.
That Modern Videogame that turns out to be Twine tho :eyepop:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
^^^ I was loving rolling at that one.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Bun Bun you're brilliant

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

BUTTON!!

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Hearing Keith David say 'Chipmunk King' was something I never realised I wanted to hear so much. :allears:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I don't think any cartoon character ever has resisted pushing a button they weren't supposed to press.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

axleblaze posted:

I don't think any cartoon character ever has resisted pushing a button they weren't supposed to press.

Whoops!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

axleblaze posted:

And, of course....
http://rs296.pbsrc.com/albums/mm171/joewoodfan/stimpy.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Bun Bun, you're all right.

Kind of a nothing episode especially after last week's but I like those, and it's par for the course for this show to follow up a big plot development with a random episode. Bun Bun might also have been the first Ashly Burch-voiced character I didn't find immediately grating.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

axleblaze posted:

It's the cartoon equivalent of Everest: you push it because it's there.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
:) "Aw, did Bun Bun draw that?"
:mad: "NO."

That was very cute.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
PB is still loving up CB's life even though he's gone wayyyyyy out of his way to avoid her as much as possible. :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I do like that Finn and FP made up and were getting along. That was nice to see.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, CB really dislikes Bubblegum. And she's kinda bad at picking that up. I guess social cues aren't her strong suit.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Honestly I saw it more as awkwardness between a child who grew up and an adult who didn't have the strongest of relationships with them. Part of what Bun Bun's relationship with CB was mirroring what PB felt towards him, both as a parent/child and parent/adult.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

That episode was way too cute :kimchi:

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!
I feel like what new developments did happen were really well done. Finn apologizes utterly and sincerely to FP and they see a friendly path forward, CB re-learns how to have fun without going off the rails, Bun-Bun becomes the heir to a potentially powerful new kingdom. Everybody wins!

When those chipmunks started chanting I chuckled. Also: Crunchy chewing on a piece of the Mother Gum? Is that sacrilege? And yet more evidence that PB has a totally cavalier attitude toward the creation of sentient beings, which I really don't know how to feel about.

Also also: I caught up on a few hundred posts of this thread after not watching AT for a really long time, then catching up both with the show and this thread. I don't even know if I could pick out anything specific from the last couple seasons, but suffice it to say I did really enjoy s6, even the serious darker parts, and s7 has already turned out to be amazing. I love this show!

Samsquamsch fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 9, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Samsquamsch posted:

Also: Crunchy chewing on a piece of the Mother Gum? Is that sacrilege?

Well, it's no worse that what Finn does with his piece of Bubblegum's hair.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

axleblaze posted:

I do like that Finn and FP made up and were getting along. That was nice to see.

Yeah. It was adorable that FP has been practicing her Jake impression.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Say Nothing posted:

Well, it's no worse that what Finn does with his piece of Bubblegum's hair.

Reported

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Bun Bun gets better everytime I watch this ep :3:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Seo Kim eps are still easily the worst ones but they're a lot better than they used to be.

Jmoyns' final ep tonight :(

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Escobarbarian posted:

Seo Kim eps are still easily the worst ones but they're a lot better than they used to be.

While I don't really have any problem with a majority of them, I think most people have found that Xayaphone is to "blame" (with Kim's problem simply being that she's not as good as Xayaphone's earlier board partners)

Kinda like how people blame Hellen Jo on SU when it seems that Lamar's the one who's writing is off for the people who dislike their episodes.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
i forget about watching this show for months then watch everythings thats come out a few times a year and im enjoying a good amount of the new recent stuff. not into the pb, marceline, or simon/betty/iceking episodes but theres enough episodes it doesnt matter. jakes cool finn is pretty chill now and theres still good one off episodes. really liked TV staying in the crystal realm to be indepenetn then just moving in with his grandparents.

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Wilson: Why don't you buy your canes at a medical supply store like a normal cripple?
House: Fewer bitchin' choices.
If any of you are on the AT subreddit, this is a literal crossover thread but I wanted to make sure the hardcore fans see this.

I ran this by the mods, so we should be good.

My husband and I received some production art a few years ago from an old friend who did story boards for the show for a few episodes. While we were HUGE fans of the show (and still do occasionally watch), we also realize that there are people out there who would appreciate this way more than we do. I've looked for other production art out there for sale but there doesn't seem to be any. We figured some hardcore fans would want these more than we do, and we wanted to see if there was any interest!

We have one official full storyboard panel (on the official shows storyboard paper) and some, I believe, layout ideas that are on the artists own paper. They're all pencil/paper.

I reached out to a few galleries and pros around the US and the consensus was the same. Cartoon Network doesn't let this stuff out, really, ever and pricing it it impossible because of that. It's exceedingly rare, which was sort of a big surprise for us, and we were told to throw it up on eBay and let the fans have a go at getting it.

Just if anyone is interested, the auction is here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/141988901306

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
None of you bastards better outbid me :colbert:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Believe me, I can't even afford to bid higher that the current highest bid.

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Wilson: Why don't you buy your canes at a medical supply store like a normal cripple?
House: Fewer bitchin' choices.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

None of you bastards better outbid me :colbert:

Your username and this comment make me laugh. Happy bidding guys! I would have sent this to a gallery but I wanted legit fans to get a crack at it. I know how rabid the fan base is and it seemed much more fair this way.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist
Wow! Funniest episode since Mystery Dungeon!

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Jmoyns' final ep tonight :(

Apparently he's doing more Manly!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
"You're running away from intimacy!"

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
That quiet guy nobody messes with gave me chills, good thing they didn't bother him

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Mimir posted:

Apparently he's doing more Manly!

Where? That's awesome.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Eh, an average episode for me. But at least Magic Man is trying to make amends.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Bass Bottles posted:

Where? That's awesome.

Instagram

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

While I don't really have any problem with a majority of them, I think most people have found that Xayaphone is to "blame" (with Kim's problem simply being that she's not as good as Xayaphone's earlier board partners)

Kinda like how people blame Hellen Jo on SU when it seems that Lamar's the one who's writing is off for the people who dislike their episodes.

This makes sense. I mainly said Seo because it's way less letters.

This ep wasn't amazing but was a great send-off for Magic Man for Jmoyns' last story. And yussss @ more Manly

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I love that episode just for the weekend survivalists alone. This show is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

mutantmanifesto posted:

I reached out to a few galleries and pros around the US and the consensus was the same. Cartoon Network doesn't let this stuff out, really, ever and pricing it it impossible because of that. It's exceedingly rare, which was sort of a big surprise for us, and we were told to throw it up on eBay and let the fans have a go at getting it.

Sort of related, but there used to be a big officially allowed dump of various bits and bobs on a Frederator flickr account, including full-size versions (like 3000x2000 or something bigger) of various background art without intruding foreground objects. Then CN got irritated and wanted them to remove the lot because they wanted to sell title cards.

edit: actually no they just stopped updating, whoops

• Locked thread