Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A now essential part of Phoenix's character is that he's a single Dad with three children. So actually he doesn't have a love interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

A now essential part of Phoenix's character is that he's a single Dad with three children. So actually he doesn't have a love interest.

They can have two dads. Apollo and Athena are adults, so I doubt it'd be too ahrd on them.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

They can have two dads. Apollo and Athena are adults, so I doubt it'd be too ahrd on them.

They could, but I think it is fairly clear that Phoenix is a single Dad who has had to raise his kid and then his two adult kids mostly by himself. I guess he and Edgeworth were just too dedicated to their jobs to tie the knot or something.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Edgeworth is always going to be married to the job and/or Steel Samurai statuette.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They could, but I think it is fairly clear that Phoenix is a single Dad who has had to raise his kid and then his two adult kids mostly by himself. I guess he and Edgeworth were just too dedicated to their jobs to tie the knot or something.

He at least goes to Trucy's magic shows.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!
I love Dad Nick but lets be real: Trucy does a huge chunk of the parenting going around in that household.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Strange Quark posted:

Wait, let's consult Nintendo Gamer.

Ah.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

But Maya has Pearl, Ahlbi, and (once her dad is arrested for being evil) Rayfa. It's a perfect Brady Bunch scenario.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Cindy Stone dies July 31 this year.

Someone warn her.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Oh no, the localization trailer calls Khu'rain or whatever a country. They're actually gonna make it in Asia and ruin all the great fun to be had with it, aren't they?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's clearly another country based somewhere around the Himalayas, I'm guessing it's pretty clear Nick takes a flight over to it in the Japanese version too?

AA trying very hard to pretend 'LA' isn't Japan is funny, but when the basic premise of the game is 'Nick goes somewhere in a completely different part of the world' I don't know why you'd want them to pretend they're still in the US

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

multijoe posted:

It's clearly another country based somewhere around the Himalayas, I'm guessing it's pretty clear Nick takes a flight over to it in the Japanese version too?

AA trying very hard to pretend 'LA' isn't Japan is funny, but when the basic premise of the game is 'Nick goes somewhere in a completely different part of the world' I don't know why you'd want them to pretend they're still in the US

It would be really funny if Nick just flew to San Francisco

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, I don't know how you missed that Khu'rain was a different country the whole time. It's kind of the main premise of the game. This is actually probably one of the easier times they've had for the whole Japanifornia thing since they hardly have to worry about Japan or California.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Considering one of the characters is actually called Alby, I'm quite disappointed that the game isn't set in Ireland.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

And More posted:

Considering one of the characters is actually called Alby, I'm quite disappointed that the game isn't set in Ireland.

The game is set in the future, some major poo poo could've gone down.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

St. Rayfa drove the lawyers out of Ireland and that's why we get drunk every March.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

St. Rayfa drove the lawyers out of Ireland and that's why we get drunk every March.

Thanks Rayfa

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Come across some DGS concept art on twitter:

@Ehm2k

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm very disappointed that Sherlock Holmes' one true rival Arsene Lupin seems to not have appeared in DGS.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Motto posted:

Come across some DGS concept art on twitter:

I cracked the code. Iris is just Ridelle Mystere from PLVsAA.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Khu'rain is a province of darkest Canada.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Do you guys smell that?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

You're pulling my leg

Has the butz really not aged in 8 years

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

voltcatfish posted:

You're pulling my leg

I think he hasn't aged in a lot longer than 8 years.

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

You're pulling my leg

He emerged from an egg fully formed, complete with tiny chinbeard.

But yeah, I wonder how much work it would be to do something like change the hair a little bit. Not so much that they look largely different, but enough that it doesn't look exactly the same.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Phoenix Wright figma! http://www.famitsu.com/news/201605/17105960.html

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Suspicious Cook posted:

Do you guys smell that?

I guess it was too much to ask that I never see Larry again

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

As long as Oldbag and Lotta Hart don't return, it's gonna be fine.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Baal posted:

Got a problem with Larry, stinkwad?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I demand this witness be dismissed, and, ideally, drawn and quartered.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I want Larry back.

It's a shame he's been gone ever since AA1, though.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

And More posted:

As long as Lotta Hart doesn't return, it's gonna be fine.

You're gonna need that FTFY.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

To be fair, that's the best moment in AAI, seeing Edgeworth's dreams shattered like that. Twice

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'll wait for the maya and franziska figures

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jsor posted:

I demand this witness be dismissed, and, ideally, drawn and quartered.

This is a colossal waste of time.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Baal posted:

Larry who?

That's obviously Laurice Deauxnim, famed children's picture book author.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I hope Larry kept his art skills from AAI2.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

Larry who?

That's obviously Laurice Deauxnim, famed children's picture book author.

Is this real. Omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I don't even care if it is real, can we stop posting screenshots of the as of yet unreleased game without spoiler tags? Or do I just need to stop reading this thread for the next six months? I feel like anything that isn't in the latest trailer (probably the final one before release) I don't want to know before going in.

• Locked thread