Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if Captain America will show up in Black Panther to allow us to have a fight between two Human Torches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'd guess that Jordan would be playing Erik Killmonger. He doesn't have the build to play M'Baku.

When has that ever mattered? But that's also a possibility for him to play, especially if Klaw is back.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

Batman Forever isn't from this decade though.

Is that something stipulated in a prior post over this topic? Real question.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

X-O posted:

When has that ever mattered? But that's also a possibility for him to play, especially if Klaw is back.

I would expect they'd want a guy who's physically huge to play a dude whose visual theme is a gorilla, is all.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
An African superhero fighting against Man-Ape trying to return his people to primitivism also seems too on the nose for the MCU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

X-O posted:

I thought Serkis was returning as Klaw

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Toxxupation posted:

Someone throw a billion dollars at Jack Gleeson, urge him to get out of retirement.

Awwww, I still feel kinda bad for that guy.

Re: Batman Forever, the one thing about the Batman/Robin partnership there is that Bruce isn't looking for a partner, he does just feel genuinely bad for the kid. Once he finds out what's hidden downstairs, he wants in but Bruce rightly tells him gently caress no, put aside vengeance, get on with your life and all that. Even when nearly killed and saved by Robin, Batman still says no. The whole thing is ultimately Alfred's fault, he kits him out, tells Bruce to deal with it and accept the help so he grudgingly concedes. Compared to Tony in Civil War Val Bruce is a frickin' saint..!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Saw CW, only thing I'm upset with is the Left Hand Free is the worst Alt-j song, and that's the one they picked for this movie. Like almost all of their other songs are fantastic, and they went with Left Hand Free.

Also, while talking about Heroes that could headline a movie, is Luke Cage free, or is he in JJ?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Anora posted:

Saw CW, only thing I'm upset with is the Left Hand Free is the worst Alt-j song, and that's the one they picked for this movie. Like almost all of their other songs are fantastic, and they went with Left Hand Free.

Also, while talking about Heroes that could headline a movie, is Luke Cage free, or is he in JJ?

He has his own Netflix series coming later this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_cufeg2SFs

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anora posted:

He's in Jessica Jones and has his own series coming.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Robin should be in a Batman movie but Batman movies should stop being oppressively grim and/or realistic

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I just don't think general audiences like the Kid Tagalong thing anymore (did anyone actually like it, ever? As far as I can remember even kids hated the obligatory kid stand-ins.)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I will defend Harley in Iron Man 3 to my dying breath.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

mycot posted:

I just don't think general audiences like the Kid Tagalong thing anymore (did anyone actually like it, ever? As far as I can remember even kids hated the obligatory kid stand-ins.)

What if this teenager is some kind of negasonic warhead?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

mycot posted:

Well Robin has pretty much never been written well outside of comic books. Even Dick on B:TAS wasn't well done outside of his origin story. Tim on TNBA was a lot better, he got a few great episodes. And he was unambiguously a little kid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People just hate whiny kids.

Like, kids are whiny, but no one wants to see that. So don't make 'em whiny

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Travis343 posted:

Well Robin has pretty much never been written well outside of comic books. Even Dick on B:TAS wasn't well done outside of his origin story. Tim on TNBA was a lot better, he got a few great episodes. And he was unambiguously a little kid.

Robin is great on The Batman.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

an early 20s batgirl as a successful vigilante operating without batman's authority could potentially work well on screen.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I was thinking that the Kid Deadpool storyline would make for a good basis for a Deadpool sequel, but then I realized that having our hero teach an angry teen how to use a rifle and blow poo poo up would NOT go over well.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

People just hate whiny kids.

Like, kids are whiny, but no one wants to see that. So don't make 'em whiny

I concur, and that's why Gordito is one of the best sidekicks.

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/10p12/

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Michael B. Jordan will play not a villain, but a new hero: Jim Hammond, the original, android Human Torch, lost since WWII and found and restored by Wakandan scientists.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am really trying to think of any major black male superheroes that haven't been adapted yet, and I can only think of Blue Marvel and Goliath. Michael B Jordan as Blue Marvel would be kind of awesome.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

twistedmentat posted:

I am really trying to think of any major black male superheroes that haven't been adapted yet, and I can only think of Blue Marvel and Goliath. Michael B Jordan as Blue Marvel would be kind of awesome.

Lol wasn't that Goliath called Black Goliath for a while

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

twistedmentat posted:

Static? John Stewart? Monica Rameau?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

twistedmentat posted:

Steel, John Stewart's Green Lantern, Miles Morales, current Power Man, Static, a whole bunch of X-Men of varying popularity, Captain America Sam Wilson off the top of my head.

Dacap posted:

Monica Rameau?

To be clear he said black "male".

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Oh, do I have bad news for you.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Dacap posted:

Static? John Stewart? Monica Rameau?

Toxxupation posted:

Steel, John Stewart's Green Lantern, Miles Morales, current Power Man, Static, a whole bunch of X-Men of varying popularity, Captain America Sam Wilson off the top of my head.

He obviously meant Marvel, available for the MCU, and not already portrayed by someone else.

Gavok posted:

Oh, do I have bad news for you.

What happened to Steel, is he Shaq again?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Anora posted:

He obviously meant Marvel, available for the MCU, and not already portrayed by someone else.

Current Power Man.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

I hope he's the villain, and I hope it's Erik Killmonger, though maybe with a different name, because they played BP too straight in Civil War for me to hear him try to use that name seriously.

Killmonger's story is linked to Klaw, who's already been introduced to the MCU, and it'd give Coogler a chance to contrast T'Challa's upbringing in Wakanda with Killmonger's experiences in the US.

Man, this poo poo is almost guaranteed to be dope. Creed was probably my favorite movie from last year and Marvel has basically hired the whole cast sans Sylvester Stallone in the past few months.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

double negative posted:

Man, this poo poo is almost guaranteed to be dope. Creed was probably my favorite movie from last year and Marvel has basically hired the whole cast sans Sylvester Stallone in the past few months.

Isn't Stallone in Guardians 2?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

twistedmentat posted:

Finally it's time for RAGE to shine. :getin:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gavok posted:

Isn't Stallone in Guardians 2?

Stallone definitely is. Sharon Stone and Christopher Lloyd are rumored to have cameos, too.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

redbackground posted:

I'm trying to picture Jessica mixing it up during the airport battle and I can't see a version where she doesn't look horrifically embarrassed to be there the entire time.

I really want to see her there, rolling her eyes at Tony and giving a half-hearted punch before sneaking a drink with Widow.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Namor would be loving amazing. but I dunno if they could just do that.

I like the Idea of White Wolf. T'Challa's adopted brother.

It would be rehashing Thor(a bunch), but T'Challa was just put in charge and claimed the title of King, would everyone in Wakanda back him being king? Mix in the Namor Illuminati story beats with His brother or actually hell ignore white wolf and just use Shuri. Have the constituents find out that T'Challa is hiding and harboring the dude who was responsible for T'Chaka's death. And trying to find a way to heal him.

Boom Political intrigue which always make for the best Black Panther stories.

Didn't Zemo do it

E: I guess there wasn't conclusive proof not counting the full confession given privately, but considering the cell he was in the government sure believed it!

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 14, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Travis343 posted:

Reality slams on Tim really, really hard in RotJ, though

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

MacheteZombie posted:

Is that something stipulated in a prior post over this topic? Real question.

SonicRulez posted:

It bothers me that no film maker wants to touch him in the past decade plus.

That plus was meant to encompass Begins and the "new age" superhero movies. Not 1995. I can see how a plus is ambiguous though.

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if Captain America will show up in Black Panther to allow us to have a fight between two Human Torches.

I have to imagine that somebody will be in Black Panther. There's like 8 Avengers hiding out in Wakanda. It won't make any sense to me if there's not some kind of cameo.

Travis343 posted:

Robin should be in a Batman movie but Batman movies should stop being oppressively grim and/or realistic

That'd be nice. What an incredible concept.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Travis343 posted:

That was basically a plot point in New Frontier.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

twistedmentat posted:

Black Lightning

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Didn't Zemo do it

E: I guess there wasn't conclusive proof not counting the full confession given privately, but considering the cell he was in the government sure believed it!

In most cases facts don't matter especially to a group of people that have contempt for someone or a group. Hell look at American politics for an example of that.

Not everyone knew Zemo was behind it via mind control. They do know though that Bucky was the attacker and if a faction dissenting the throne finds out he's there that could be problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Zemo didn't mind control him. He wore a mask. Bucky wasn't even in the same country. They found the mask in the hotel room. It's in The movie.

That makes it easier to follow for the general public too.

• Locked thread