Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
boy I sure care a lot about a stupid slapfight over a war that happened before any of your parents were even born

What's the status of the front line in Ukraine lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

What are you doing in the EE thread if you don't care about our pointless slapfights and poignant slavsquats?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

-Troika- posted:

boy I sure care a lot about a stupid slapfight over a war that happened before any of your parents were even born

If you actually believe this you're an imbecile (or an American). The reverberations of that war continue to echo loudly today and influence everything that happened and continues to happen in Europe from September 2, 1945 until today.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Which is a large part of many of the issues we have where in Slovenia.

I'm not saying forget about ww2, because it was a tragic thing and lessons have to be learned so it doesn't repeat, but can we please drop it from current politics already like it's still relevant ffs? Nobody cares who shot at who 70 years ago, both sides are dead now or will be in a couple years. We have far more pressing issues. :colbert:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

-Troika- posted:

What's the status of the front line in Ukraine lately?

Hot enough for a typical day to have something like 1 KIA and 4 WIA per a typical day.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Hahahahaha

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

El Scotch posted:

Hahahahaha

I didn't want to believe it, but went on Twitter and there it sits in plain view.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
Remember how ridiculous the idea of the GLA was when C&C Generals came out? :sigh:

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

A new video of the Buk that shot down MH17 was recently posted on YouTube and discovered today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvwH0T2WCN0

We did some analysis on it here, the most interesting points is that it shows the truck took a slightly indirect route than previously assumed, apparently to avoid a low bridge, and it confirms the Buk was accompanied by 3 vehicles that were also seen in another separatist convoy on July 15th heading from Luhansk to Donetsk.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

El Scotch posted:

Hahahahaha

I bet it's like 419 scam emails. Anyone who isn't sufficiently retarded to be taken in by the bullshit is not part of the target audience.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

El Scotch posted:

Hahahahaha

Hey, at least they said "image data for illustration purposes only", which may make the image one of the most honest things they have ever posted.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

The newest outrage by PiS is almost too despicable to believe. They've decided to defund all publicly funded safe houses and treatment organizations for domestically abused women and children. Their reasoning is that they only help women which is an "unnecessary narrowing" of services. Yes they're actually trotting out the "but what about men" argument. So far the staffs of these places have stayed on in a volunteer capacity, but that can't last, especially since they have no money to pay rent for these buildings. This is loving evil. The other poo poo they've done has been authoritarian, inhumane, antidemocratic and generally lovely. But this is loving evil. I hate them so goddamn much.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

El Scotch posted:

Hahahahaha

MGIMO graduates these days struggle with google image search, wonderful

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A Pale Horse posted:

The newest outrage by PiS is almost too despicable to believe. They've decided to defund all publicly funded safe houses and treatment organizations for domestically abused women and children. Their reasoning is that they only help women which is an "unnecessary narrowing" of services. Yes they're actually trotting out the "but what about men" argument. So far the staffs of these places have stayed on in a volunteer capacity, but that can't last, especially since they have no money to pay rent for these buildings. This is loving evil. The other poo poo they've done has been authoritarian, inhumane, antidemocratic and generally lovely. But this is loving evil. I hate them so goddamn much.
This is horrible. I don't think it's some grand scheme of theirs but PiS's biggest problem right after their fascist undertones is the utter incompetence of people they put in positions of power with zero control over their abilities other than 'how close are you to Kaczynski'.

Combine that with their ultra-conservative agenda and you get absolute wackos like the Minister of Environment who literally believes in chemtrails, the Minister of Defense who believes that 4/10 was an inside job, the Minister of Foreign Affairs who openly states that bicycles and renewable energy are against traditional Polish values and now an outright misogynist Minister of Justice. I don't know from under which rock next to an abandoned medieval-times asylum does Kaczynski dig all these fuckers up.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Palpek posted:

the Minister of Foreign Affairs

Speaking of Waszczykowski,

IIRC we haven't laughed in the thread at the fact he last-minute bailed from 25th anniversary of signing the Polish-German Treaty of Good Neighbourship, literally explaining himself as having returned home from Sejm at 2 AM and not feeling like hopping on a plane early in the morning "just to appear in German TV for 15 minutes".

Smooth.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Meanwhile he did find time for that little Bild interview earlier :allears:.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Personally I suspect they decided to defund the domestic abuse centers because they often tell women to leave their abusive husbands which is against Catholic teachings and the church has said in the past that it's the woman's responsibility to try to work things out with her abuser and divorce is never the answer.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

A Pale Horse posted:

Can you link the news? I haven't been able to find anything relevant on the internet.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Aumanor posted:

Can you link the news? I haven't been able to find anything relevant on the internet.
http://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/wiadomosci/1,114871,20066209,rzad-odmowil-finansowania-centrow-praw-kobiet-bo-zawezaja.html

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Russian Olympic Doping Operation Detailed by Lab Chief on the Run

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/sports/russia-doping-sochi-olympics-2014.html?_r=0

Was going to say RIP Grigory but he is apparently not in Russia anymore.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rincewinds posted:

Was going to say RIP Grigory but he is apparently not in Russia anymore.

Polonium tea has been known to work outside Russian borders....

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

A new video of the Buk that shot down MH17 was recently posted on YouTube and discovered today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvwH0T2WCN0

We did some analysis on it here, the most interesting points is that it shows the truck took a slightly indirect route than previously assumed, apparently to avoid a low bridge, and it confirms the Buk was accompanied by 3 vehicles that were also seen in another separatist convoy on July 15th heading from Luhansk to Donetsk.

There have to be more dash cam videos out there of this convoy moving through the area before and after. Weren't they posting on VK in June bragging about having this system?

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

A Pale Horse posted:

Personally I suspect they decided to defund the domestic abuse centers because they often tell women to leave their abusive husbands which is against Catholic teachings and the church has said in the past that it's the woman's responsibility to try to work things out with her abuser and divorce is never the answer.

Not to doubt you but that sounds so incredibly non-Catholic. Was it some local parish priest or actually on bishop level? :psyduck:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Valiantman posted:

Not to doubt you but that sounds so incredibly non-Catholic. Was it some local parish priest or actually on bishop level? :psyduck:

I tried to google around but I can't find anything about it now. I think it happened around the time the church was opposing ratification of the convention of the European Council on preventing and combating violence against women. I don't remember what level of the clergy it was. :(

Here's a picture of our PM meeting with the pope today. No I don't know why she's dressed like she's going to an Albanian funeral.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Haha she was probably so afraid of pissing a single Polish Catholic off that she went for an overkill. Another proof of how much PiS is pissing their pants about religion.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

A Pale Horse posted:

I tried to google around but I can't find anything about it now. I think it happened around the time the church was opposing ratification of the convention of the European Council on preventing and combating violence against women. I don't remember what level of the clergy it was. :(

Here's a picture of our PM meeting with the pope today. No I don't know why she's dressed like she's going to an Albanian funeral.

Wait... Doesn't it mean this happened on the same day as Francis announced he would establish a commission for enabling female deacons? The irony is astronomical.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

A Pale Horse posted:

Someone should make spoof news with this picture with a headline in the vein of "BAD POPE SUGGEST INCREASED IMMIGRATION TO SYRIAN OFFICIAL" just to mess with their heads. I bet more than a few dumbfucks would fall for it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The best news would be "Poland is excommunicated".

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

More newly published satellite images show a BUK battery operational in Eastern Ukraine.

http://ukraineatwar.blogspot.com/2016/05/newly-published-satellite-images-show.html

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Someone in Vilnius did a funny. A street mural of Putin-Trump modeled after the famous Hoenecker-Brezhnev panel from the East Side Gallery in Berlin.

Trump would be a disaster for Eastern Europe. He admires Putin, his chief adviser is a guy who's worked for Putin and he's already said he wants to possibly step away from NATO and close Rammstein AFB in Germany. It was funny for a while America, but get your poo poo together please.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

A Pale Horse posted:

Someone in Vilnius did a funny. A street mural of Putin-Trump modeled after the famous Hoenecker-Brezhnev panel from the East Side Gallery in Berlin.

Trump would be a disaster for Eastern Europe. He admires Putin, his chief adviser is a guy who's worked for Putin and he's already said he wants to possibly step away from NATO and close Rammstein AFB in Germany. It was funny for a while America, but get your poo poo together please.

Apparently, Paul Manafort didn't just work for Putin, he had a hand in Viktor Yanukovych's political career, just to bring this whole thing full circle, since it was his dealings with Dmitry Firtash that helped Yanukovych defeat Yulia Tymoshenko.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ng_tyrants.html

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Here's a nice one - 2 days ago Putin was making an official inspection of the newest Russian military equipment when this happened (the thing the soldier throws into the car is the door handle):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YEcRbT1Dq0

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Palpek posted:

Here's a nice one - 2 days ago Putin was making an official inspection of the newest Russian military equipment when this happened (the thing the soldier throws into the car is the door handle):

That's General Shevchenko, chief of ground vehicle department at their MoD.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's a modular vehicle. :colbert:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

kalstrams posted:

The same guy who has been supervising the Armata project.

The expression on the officer or general behind them is priceless.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Young Freud posted:

The same guy who has been supervising the Armata project.

The expression on the officer or general behind them is priceless.

Is really a surprise though? Considering 3 separate T-14s broke down several times during the rehearsal for their victory day parade, and one broke during the parade.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Palpek posted:

kalstrams posted:

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Back Hack posted:

Is really a surprise though? Considering 3 separate T-14s broke down several times during the rehearsal for their victory day parade, and one broke during the parade.

WHAT?! I heard about the rehearsal breakdowns but one broke down during a public demonstration?! How does Shevchenko still have a job?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

kalstrams posted:

Ukrainian double-agent spotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

OddObserver posted:

Ukrainian double-agent spotted.
:lol: Thought about that reading the surname. For those wondering, -ko ending is extremely typical of Ukrainian surnames.